AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-07-10, 01:14   Link #14241
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Well, this is something that myself, Bissek and Drakensis worked on over on another board. I just thought I'd share here.

Spoiler for Time Loop Information:

Spoiler for Time Looping Vivio:

Page claim for time looping madness!

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 12:29   Link #14242
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Well, this is something that myself, Bissek and Drakensis worked on over on another board. I just thought I'd share here.

Spoiler for Time Loop Information:

that's an interesting concept.... I wanna try doing that too *thinks*
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 13:13   Link #14243
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Well, I discovered I still had a Fanfiction.net account I'd pretty much never used for years. I thought it would have been deleted.

Even better, I remembered the login info.

So without further Ado:

MSLN Test Dummies

Chapter One

Title Sequence *Play between chapters 1 and 2.*

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven

Keep me informed on oppinions.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 13:25   Link #14244
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
that's an interesting concept.... I wanna try doing that too *thinks*
Go right ahead. The more the merrier.

Spoiler for Fused Loop Information:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/681915/Innortal Innortal's the guy that started them. They're just basically crack, but, have fun with it.

Old 2009-07-10, 16:45   Link #14245
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:

That...was just a giant ball of lol*. Good one!

*Purple, the official color of time looping archmages since 2007! (it's a gag on my avatar, Lillet Blan from GrimGrimoire, if that didn't make any sense...)

In re: Stahl. ch. 25: Negation works on the spell rather than the effect only because if it worked on the effect Vivio would use it as such and be waiting, smiling and waving at Nanoha when the chapter ended and I'd have to rewrite all of Chapter 27 and lose the cliffhanger (okay, to be fair, we all know I'm not likely to kill off Vivio, but that's not what cliffhangers are about anyway). Rule of Drama. I will not that this means that it's while it would therefore work on "artificially-generated" spells such as those from Midchildan military weapons, it (meaning Negation, not the shield itself) wouldn't work at all on nonmagical weaponry (such as Dieci's IS).

And, because I've apparently been eaten by the typing bug
this week, here's a little something I wrote on Wednesday. Yes, Fate T. Harlaown gets to be like Encyclopedia Brown in a way other than having a female sidekick who kicks all the bad guys' butts.

Nanoha: Sidekick? Whose name is it in the title, anyway?
Fate: *casually drops the result of basically any character popularity poll*

I'll post the answer in a few days...or sooner if enough people actually care enough to guess.

Spoiler for Magical Detective Sherlock Harlaown:

Nanoha (still grumpy): I suspect the author of screwing up canon by thinking I teach my special magic spells to just anyone!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 17:23   Link #14246
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Go right ahead. The more the merrier.

Spoiler for Fused Loop Information:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/681915/Innortal Innortal's the guy that started them. They're just basically crack, but, have fun with it.
XD I can't do crack like that though :3
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 00:21   Link #14247
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Well, I discovered I still had a Fanfiction.net account I'd pretty much never used for years. I thought it would have been deleted.

Even better, I remembered the login info.

So without further Ado:

MSLN Test Dummies

Chapter One

Title Sequence *Play between chapters 1 and 2.*

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven

Keep me informed on oppinions.
I just finished reading this story... I think Crash is my favorite OC at the moment. =X
Old 2009-07-11, 01:20   Link #14248
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
XD I can't do crack like that though :3
Aww... But, it's so much fun! And not *that* hard to do...

Spoiler for Hell Loop:

Last edited by Nanya01; 2009-07-11 at 10:16.
Old 2009-07-11, 08:02   Link #14249
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Negation works on the spell rather than the effect only because if it worked on the effect Vivio would use it as such and be waiting, smiling and waving at Nanoha when the chapter ended and I'd have to rewrite all of Chapter 27 and lose the cliffhanger
So you're saying Negation works on the whole spell out to however far away Nanoha is when she's firing? Vivio, the girl with awesome defense but no decent long-ranged magic?
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 11:37   Link #14250
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
So you're saying Negation works on the whole spell out to however far away Nanoha is when she's firing? Vivio, the girl with awesome defense but no decent long-ranged magic?
I can see the reasons why that doesn't work conceptually for some people, including you. It might help...or not...to envision it like this (remembering that we are dealing with magical spells here, not merely expressions of physical energy and/or matter): When the area of effect (line, missile, sphere, whatever) of spell X interacts with the Negation-enhanced shield, the two spells connect, permitting Negation to affect the spell contacted. From a magical standpoint, Negation's own area of effect is "any spell effect that touches it"* as opposed to "energies that touch it." If, for example, Nanoha had somehow charged one of the Blaster Bits with a delayed-action Divine Buster to fire during the SLB effect (kind of how Chrono double-casted in the A's manga during Fate's test), that second spell wouldn't be affected, since it would fire straight down and not hit the shield--Negation affects the spell, not the caster.

*Come to think of it, I should reverse my stance on whether it affects weapon attacks produced by magical technology. An ANT, for example, isn't an Intelligent Device, so it doesn't "cast a spell" when it attacks. So probably it wouldn't strip out the barrier-piercing effects of a field artillery piece that happened to have that effect.
Old 2009-07-11, 12:02   Link #14251
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Possible double post to keep draft Ch. 26 separate from Ch. 25 discussion. Trying to keep our thread clean!

Spoiler for Stahlkönigin--Chapter 26:

Spoiler for Notes:

Remembered the previous chapters this time:

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Old 2009-07-11, 13:31   Link #14252
Jimmy C

Quote:
When the area of effect (line, missile, sphere, whatever) of spell X interacts with the Negation-enhanced shield, the two spells connect, permitting Negation to affect the spell contacted.
I can imagine that as touching a conductor to a circut, the electric flow can jump to the conductor. That would let Negation ride along the whole beam shot out by Nanoha. Were you thinking of something like that?

Quote:
Negation affects the spell, not the caster.
That I understood. I was just using Nanoha as a reference point to show the vast area affected by Negation in my previous post. Pretty impressive for someone who otherwise has no long-range capabilities.

Quote:
An ANT, for example, isn't an Intelligent Device, so it doesn't "cast a spell" when it attacks. So probably it wouldn't strip out the barrier-piercing effects of a field artillery piece that happened to have that effect.
That would depend on how you define "cast a spell" and whether its even possible to "add an effect" without casting a spell. This can be done in several ways and how Negation might or might not be able to affect them varies.
Old 2009-07-11, 14:24   Link #14253
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
what concepts x_x

My two cents: http://i30.tinypic.com/2hmegk8.jpg

Come to think of it, I do have complaints about that artwork. Ah, well, whatever. Here's the old artwork, http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers...2570&type=card This one actually has 'conduit' aspects. More like diffusing a spell.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.

Last edited by itanshi1; 2009-07-11 at 14:53.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 14:24   Link #14254
Jimmy C

Quote:
Possible double post to keep draft Ch. 26 separate from Ch. 25 discussion. Trying to keep our thread clean!
Since you're seperating it, I'll follow along. Although I have to admit, I don't think it'll make much difference for us respondents to your posts. Because this board doesn't have Threaded View like I've seen on some other boards where splitting like this is actually replying to different posts in the same discussion.

Quote:
Even failures brought some gains, lessons to be learned for next time.
Good attitude. Not that he'll have a chance to put them to use ever again. Maybe in another universe he can face a mage that uses a fluffy bunny device instead.

Quote:
Sonoma's fiery buster raged its fury against the barrier spell for over ten seconds, then died away, with only a couple of warped spots in the glass to show where any power from the lethal spell had gotten through at all.
I'd have to say it wasn't smart of him to just stand there after casting the fire spell. Had this been a more conventional situation, it would be the villan endangering innocents as a distraction to gain a chance to escape or attack the hero. So why wasn't he running?

Quote:
Plus they don't know what he looks like so they can't even identify him until he checks in at the ticket counter.
I look forward to seeing how they managed to track him down even to the particular airport he was using. Let along that he was this person at the counter instead of another.

Quote:
One implied assumption is that the warp platform can't just send Sonoma to a completely different location (say, a cell in HQ) but can only operate within its implied functions.
Probably a preset that'll take longer to change than they have. It's cheaper that way, and they need to make allowances for future remodelling and expansions.
Old 2009-07-11, 14:42   Link #14255
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Since you're seperating it, I'll follow along. Although I have to admit, I don't think it'll make much difference for us respondents to your posts. Because this board doesn't have Threaded View like I've seen on some other boards where splitting like this is actually replying to different posts in the same discussion.
Mostly the separation is so someone who's reading the chapters along later (like, a month or two from now) doesn't have to skip past a bunch of discussion from several chained posts to get to the chapter. It's something I didn't do several times in the past, and I would think it would be kind of irritating for someone who's just trying to read the fic.

Quote:
Good attitude. Not that he'll have a chance to put them to use ever again. Maybe in another universe he can face a mage that uses a fluffy bunny device instead.
*chortle*

Quote:
I'd have to say it wasn't smart of him to just stand there after casting the fire spell. Had this been a more conventional situation, it would be the villan endangering innocents as a distraction to gain a chance to escape or attack the hero. So why wasn't he running?
It's a buster-type spell, not an independent projectile. He's actually blasting the spell the entire time that it's in effect. If he stopped to run, the spell would stop, too.

A better question might be, "Why didn't Fate just smack him one while he was using all his focus and power casting the spell," but she probably just wanted to make sure she didn't accidentally slack off on the Defenser.

Quote:
I look forward to seeing how they managed to track him down even to the particular airport he was using. Let along that he was this person at the counter instead of another.
Explanation is contained in the Epilogue. *pauses to check* Sorry, no, it's in Chapter 27. That's good, because the Epilogue is kind of crappy.

Quote:
Probably a preset that'll take longer to change than they have. It's cheaper that way, and they need to make allowances for future remodelling and expansions.
That works.
Old 2009-07-11, 14:42   Link #14256
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:

Spoiler for Stahlkönigin--Chapter 26:

Spoiler for Notes:

Remembered the previous chapters this time:

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Angry Fate is angry. Damn, I wouldn't want to be Sonoma at this particular point, he really picked a fight he had no chance of winning!

Glad to see Vivio still seems to be in one piece, though I wonder how she's faring after what she did... especially with the damage Parsifal sustained, that really has me worried. I liked him.
Old 2009-07-11, 14:58   Link #14257
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Double-post, but it's worth it... assuming I don't get sniped again.

Anyway... a ViCia omake.

Spoiler for Excuses:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:
Old 2009-07-11, 15:08   Link #14258
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

New fic!

About two months ago, while I was in major writer's-block mode on Stahlkonigin, I was trying to figure out what to write. For some reason, one morning the phrase "Schoolgirl Lesbian Vampire" got stuck in my head with that irritating, gnawing repetitiveness that one normally associates with songs stuck in your head.

How it turned into a MGLN fic, I'll never know.

I wrote three chapters, set it down, played in the realm of My-HiME for a while, and you've all been pretty much saturated with what I did after that. But now that Stahl. is finished in draft form, I picked up this one again, and thought I'd share some chapters.

Spoiler for Blood and Spirit--Chapter 1:

Btw, it's "Omake Roadshow" instead of "Omake Theater" because for this series the omakes "go on the road" and accompany each chapter instead of just having one at the end. Mostly it's because the chapters are kind of short.
Old 2009-07-11, 15:16   Link #14259
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Ahhh, yes, I remember this! You mentioned it a few months ago and sent me the omakes recently, glad to see you got the time to work on it!

Anyway, I love it to bits. It's nice to see a fic focused on Arisa and Suzuka, since they were pretty much left behind during StrikerS (Perhaps your fic will try to explain this?). Arisa and Suzuka are both wonderfully IC, and it's refreshing to get a 'slice of life' kind of chapter... at least until the bad guys show up. Nice suspense right there, poor Arisa.

My only nitpick: 'It soured her moon and her enthusiasm for the coming ride. It made her steel herself and put her head down and march straight across the parking lot.' I think you meant mood, not moon, right?

And as I said earlier, hilarious omake. I get the Mai Hime reference, and all I have to say to Arisa is... participate in Hayate's cosplay fanatasies, dammit! Participate!!

Yeah.

Anyway, update soon.
Old 2009-07-11, 15:23   Link #14260
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Double-post, but it's worth it... assuming I don't get sniped again.

Anyway... a ViCia omake.

Spoiler for Excuses:
Bwa ha ha! I know which comment set that one off, too! (Though you give it away with Nanoha's reaction) Heh, I always suspected that Fate would have nothing but very poor, badly-stammered excuses if caught out....

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha