Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-10, 00:34   Link #41
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
Maybe there are 10 members in the group. I know Jiraiya said that the Akatsuki contained 9 members, but remember that VFT member? When we were introduced to him for the first time, it seemed as if he were having a nice little chat with himself. Maybe the guy is really composed of two individual people, kind of like Sakon.

Also Jiraiya said that the group moved in pairs, so that would explain why we saw him by himself.

Does this make some sense, Im really tired and Im not sure if I worded this so that you could understand what Im getting at...
I don't know why people insist flytrap is two people based on his speech. He said "This is getting interesting, isn't it? some people ask a question like that as more of a statement than a question. And then he answers himself "..Yes." To reaffirm his statement. Its just an uncommon way of speech. I personally don't like these weird twin entity people. Split persoanlites are alright and I didn't mind Sakon as a simaese type duo but its not a charcter device I'd like to see used all the time.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 01:11   Link #42
boler

well 1 of the 4 of oros is basically a 2 man team. maybe that flytrap guy is somewhat similar lol
boler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 01:26   Link #43
Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiko
Ok I thought i'd number the Akatsuki group photo for ease of reference:

Spoiler:

From the picture I gather:

1 = Kisame
3 or 4 = Itachi (most likely 3)
8 = Weird eyes bloke
9 = Fly Trap Dude (maybe?)

Now it's interesting that it's # 8 that people have been guessing could be the leader, but if you look at the (possible) focus of the people, it kinda looks like they're all looking towards members #4 or #6 (most likely #4 - who could possibly be Itachi).
I was just wondering if number 7 looked like kabuto to anyone but me
lol registered just to say that i feel so special
Confirmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 02:16   Link #44
hiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
Nice. I'd like to point out that number 3's hair style is nothing like Itachi which could only leave number 4. Kisame and number 4 seem to be facing each other I don't see the group looking at a particular person. The "weird eyes" guy could be the leader but he could also just be the last to speak. I can't wait until all these villains come out of the shadows and we get to know them and what they're all about.
Yeah the sillhouettes are too vague to be able to say for sure if anyone's focussing on any one point, but #3 seems to be standing next to kisame looking either roughly in the same direction or across somewhere to the left of Kisame towards #s 4&6. This means either he has one funky hairstyle or that little tuft sticking out from the front of his head is in fact the sillhouette of a weapon #2 (or #3 himself) is carrying. Your initial feeling that #2 could be the flytrap guy is still a possibility as well imo, if I had to pick 2 most likely contenders i'd say 9 then 2 for him .

I'm thinking one of these guys is destined to end up facing Kakashi as well - because the general rule of the Mangas i've seen is that when you have a (relatively) small collection of powerful bad guys, they always end up going one-on-one with a similar collection of good guys. Another non-general rule I find is that the bat-like baddies are usually weakass compared to the others in the group

Quote:
I was just wondering if number 7 looked like kabuto to anyone but me
I can definitely make out a Kabuto-esque outline about #7 but I don't think he's in that picture, purely because I'm sure he's busy back at Oro's, plus if he was in the Akatsuki no-one would need to ask Itachi if Oro's got hold of his brother. The fact it's #7 himself who asks Itachi this seems to indicate it isn't Kabuto as well.
hiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 03:10   Link #45
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
I don't know why people insist flytrap is two people based on his speech.
I dont know why people insist flytrap is one person based on his speech.

Quote:
He said "This is getting interesting, isn't it? some people ask a question like that as more of a statement than a question. And then he answers himself "..Yes." To reaffirm his statement. Its just an uncommon way of speech.
Great!

You saw the two lines of dialogue the character spoke and came to the conclusion that he is one person.

I saw the two lines of dialogue along with the different font types and came to the conclusion that there is more than one person to the being.

Your comment about VFT-man having an uncommon form of speech is great and all, but is hardly solid evidence to contradict my point of view regarding VFT-man. In the end its all conjecture.

Quote:
I personally don't like these weird twin entity people. Split persoanlites are alright and I didn't mind Sakon as a simaese type duo but its not a charcter device I'd like to see used all the time.
I personally dont have any qualms about seeing this particular character device used again.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 07:32   Link #46
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
I wouldn't rule out this possibility. It's all a matter of commensurability. We already saw that they sacrificed one person for the sake of a clan, so why shouldn't they sacrifice a whole clan, if it's for the sake of something bigger (maybe the village, the country, the whole world)?
The 3rd would never sacrifice children or elders or women, you know in these stories there are the GOOD guys and the bad guys, and there is a big difference between them. The 3rd went there to have a meeting with Konoha ninja's, who are his warriors ready to die, and ask for a solution to the problem. Children and women are civilians, good guys dont kill civilians no matter what.

Somebody mentioned maybe Akatsuki is not a criminal organization. There is a peaceful world in Naruto which is governed by feudal lords and their power backed up with the ninja villages power. Thats the world order, which can be considered good or bad. If we say it is bad, it's not democracy, then we can consider the Akatsuki as revolutionars. They want to change the world to be better, have a new more righteous world order. I think thats the only way we could consider them as good guys. And yes, we did not see Akatsuki guys killing anyone! Only when Kurenai and Asuma meet them they say that Kisame killed a feudal lord. Killing a feudal lord is an act of revolutionary men. Also Orochimaru says that he likes the world changing, maybe that's why he joined Akatsuki.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 11:42   Link #47
hiko

Isn't Akatsuki and organisation made up of S-class criminals though? Considering Orochimaru and Itachi's respective behaviour patterns in the series so far I think it's a safe bet to say the group veers more to the side of bad than good.
hiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 12:41   Link #48
Dix11

IF you ask me, the boss, if there is one, is the one who is sitting down, all of the others are standing, i think its #6 who is sitting against the wall.
Dix11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 06:45   Link #49
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiko
Ok I thought i'd number the Akatsuki group photo for ease of reference:

Spoiler:

From the picture I gather:

1 = Kisame
3 or 4 = Itachi (most likely 3)
8 = Weird eyes bloke
9 = Fly Trap Dude (maybe?)

Now it's interesting that it's # 8 that people have been guessing could be the leader, but if you look at the (possible) focus of the people, it kinda looks like they're all looking towards members #4 or #6 (most likely #4 - who could possibly be Itachi).

It's possible that they are looking at him since he was asked a question about his brother, and I don't think they were all looking at him, most of them I think looked at him tho, but then again it could very well just because of the question, then again you could be right, #3's hair might just be a ponny tail like Shika's but pointed to the side.

They all seem to know the value of having a Sharingan, makes me think, since it concerns them that someone like Orochimaru has attained it.....
ILikeSquiReLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 10:23   Link #50
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
No that is a (by now famous) mistranslation, he said it was an urgent order by our organisation
Heh. So it was mistranslated twice? 1st time way back when Itachi first arrived. Then just a few chapters ago he said something like that.(May have been a falshbacks). I So I don't think 2 different groups(well more than 2 groups translated it). But no I doubt it's a mistranslation.

THere must be some kinds of leader. I don't think they will just join and say "Hey lets get Kyuubi."

I think they would be just as worried if Oro obtained any other bloodline.

About Akatsuki having 9 members. Well if Itachi did join after Oro left then you would think that there was 9, Oro left, there is 8, Itachi joined, there is 9.

Last edited by UserName; 2004-11-11 at 10:40.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 10:53   Link #51
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Heh. So it was mistranslated twice? 1st time way back when Itachi first arrived. Then just a few chapters ago he said something like that.(May have been a falshbacks). I So I don't think 2 different groups(well more than 2 groups translated it). But no I doubt it's a mistranslation.

THere must be some kinds of leader. I don't think they will just join and say "Hey lets get Kyuubi."
It is a mistranslation and it was only said once in the manga and by only one team for what I saw.

There is nothing about higher echelon in Itachi's sentence.

Quote:
About Akatsuki having 9 members. Well if Itachi did join after Oro left then you would think that there was 9, Oro left, there is 8, Itachi joined, there is 9.
Oro clearly said that he left the Akatsuki because he thought that Itachi was stronger than him.
If Itachi's presence if the fact that made Oro leave then he must have quit after Itachi's arrival.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 11:09   Link #52
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

- There are currently 9 Akatsuki members.
- They usually move in teams of 2.
- Orochimaru left the AKatsuki (he was the 10th member)

That is why there is an odd number of people. That is why cactus fly trap dude was alone, he was Oro's partner. Also, can anyone imagine Orochimaru wearing the Akatsuki robe? He would look rather corny i think. So far i'm supporting the belief there is no leader to Akatsuki, but it doesn't omit the fact that one person might have more influence or maybe some sort of order based on power and respect like Kisame towards Itachi.
Old 2004-11-11, 11:20   Link #53
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
It is a mistranslation and it was only said once in the manga and by only one team for what I saw.

There is nothing about higher echelon in Itachi's sentence.

Oro clearly said that he left the Akatsuki because he thought that Itachi was stronger than him.
If Itachi's presence if the fact that made Oro leave then he must have quit after Itachi's arrival.
Well that's possible.

But about the 1st statement. The 1st time it was mentioned was way back when. The anime already animated it awhiel ago, not sure about the anime's translation.

But it was also mentioned on chapter 231. "The Order To Bring Back Naruto-kun" ...Was Given To Us By The Superiors Of Our Orginization, 'Akatsuki'.

At least according to Inane. And other groups also translated that chapter way back then.

So yeah by 2 different groups and also more than 1 instance, it says Itachi was ordered by superiors to bring back naruto. 1 used echelon, same a rank, the other used superior. Not much difference.
Old 2004-11-20, 16:54   Link #54
Ero-Sennin

If you remember a picture from many episodes ago of the Akatsuki members standing in a line, you would have seen that the guy in the middle was very short (shortest of the 9 in fact).

Assuming the focus of the picture is the leader, or the member of highest power, the most powerful guy has to be someone like #4 but what's weird is is that if #4 were the leader, who would be Itachi? Itachi doesn't even have the hairstyle of #3.

#3, 4, 8 seem like candidates for being the boss.
Ero-Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 17:21   Link #55
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Sennin
If you remember a picture from many episodes ago of the Akatsuki members standing in a line, you would have seen that the guy in the middle was very short (shortest of the 9 in fact).

Assuming the focus of the picture is the leader, or the member of highest power, the most powerful guy has to be someone like #4 but what's weird is is that if #4 were the leader, who would be Itachi? Itachi doesn't even have the hairstyle of #3.

#3, 4, 8 seem like candidates for being the boss.
You know what, don't bring up that stupid anime filler. The manga showing of the akatsuki members in itself puts a foot up the ass of that stupid filler image.

It's obvious to see the great difference between the anime and manga image of Akatsuki.

Lets just make a rule for now on that no one ever mentions that bit of stupidity on the part of the guys behind the Naruto anime.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 17:38   Link #56
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
But about the 1st statement. The 1st time it was mentioned was way back when. The anime already animated it awhiel ago, not sure about the anime's translation.

But it was also mentioned on chapter 231. "The Order To Bring Back Naruto-kun" ...Was Given To Us By The Superiors Of Our Orginization, 'Akatsuki'.

At least according to Inane. And other groups also translated that chapter way back then.
Ah I see what you talk about now, funny enough Inane translated the moment Itachi said that and the flashback of this moment differently.
And the second one is a clear mistake.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 18:07   Link #57
raijin

As it's been stated, the use of "Upper Echelons" was a mistranslation. Itachi says 至上命令 (shijoumeirei) in his conversation with Jiraiya. Shijoumeirei basically means supreme order, overwhelming necessity, etc.
raijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 18:32   Link #58
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by raijin
As it's been stated, the use of "Upper Echelons" was a mistranslation. Itachi says 至上命令 (shijoumeirei) in his conversation with Jiraiya. Shijoumeirei basically means supreme order, overwhelming necessity, etc.
How would you explain the 2nd use of the 'superiors of our orginization''.
Old 2004-11-20, 18:45   Link #59
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
He's saying it means "important order". Itachi has seniority as well as strength over Kisame even though he is younger. I'm sure there is a greater ninja than Itachi in Akatsuki running the show especially since they have an odd number of characters. A stronger authority over Itachi does not go against his personality as he felt the Uchiha clan was "holding him back". Being around strong ambitious people like himself would fit his ideals perfectly.
Old 2004-11-20, 18:46   Link #60
raijin

Quote:
It's the same statement made by Itachi in chapter 147. Sasuke is remembering Itachi's comment from their previous confrontation.

Last edited by raijin; 2004-11-20 at 20:21.
raijin is offline   Reply With Quote