AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-20, 12:38   Link #21541
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'm on to go on the offensive and enlarge my portfolio.
I wish I had a real one like yours. T_T

Anyway, I have a feeling that they are going to pay dividends to retain investors, so it might be a good watch if anyone is looking for a 3-5year investment plan before it becomes the next Webvan alongside Zynga. Zuckerberg will still be the one laughing away to the bank because GS probably paid him to use his stock as a sucker-bait; the fan users are going to be the ones with the empty sack.

On the topic of stocks/shares, crude doesn't seem to be affected by the war declarations by the Congress on Iran. Hopefully Big Banks earns enough from bullying Facebook to stop lobbying the USGov for war so to earn some last-minute cash from crude futures. And NatGas seems pretty cheap right now......maybe I should stay away from companies and banks at the moment.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2012-05-20 at 12:50. Reason: Typo....brain damage
Old 2012-05-20, 13:22   Link #21542
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
......maybe I should stay away from companies and banks at the moment.
And what about canadian bank ? I read so often in newspaper than our banks are supposingly on safer base than the US one ( while making less profit).
Old 2012-05-20, 13:29   Link #21543
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
And what about canadian bank ? I read so often in newspaper than our banks are supposingly on safer base than the US one ( while making less profit).
Honestly speaking, I have been tracking banks for a good buy since 2009, but everytime I wanted to buy, I

- Ended up searching for brokers
- Didn't have the time to jump in at the major events
- Have account access problems

Maybe banks are not for me. After I started researching the stock market, I started to have these kind of stuff happen to me whenever I want to make a decision to buy certain stocks or shares, no matter how force my way through. That is one reason why I became agnostic instead of atheist - there must be some asshole up there abusing its power and playing jokes on me.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-05-20, 14:00   Link #21544
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That is one reason why I became agnostic instead of atheist - there must be some asshole up there abusing its power and playing jokes on me.
Up there? I think you are a bit counfused
Old 2012-05-20, 18:41   Link #21545
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Annnnd less than a week after Donna Summer, we just lost another Bee Gee.

And closer to home for us at AnimeSuki, this comes just a couple days after Yuko "Mikuru Asahina" Goto was hospitalized for an autoimmune disorder. She said she had a related illness when she was a kid, but I still hope for the best for her; an autoimmune disorder is a bit more worrisome than the flu.

Dang, does today's solar eclipse have anything to do with this?
Old 2012-05-20, 22:33   Link #21546
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

U.S. cities wrestle with universities for cash
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...84H0HE20120518
Old 2012-05-20, 22:37   Link #21547
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post

And closer to home for us at AnimeSuki, this comes just a couple days after Yuko "Mikuru Asahina" Goto was hospitalized for an autoimmune disorder. She said she had a related illness when she was a kid, but I still hope for the best for her; an autoimmune disorder is a bit more worrisome than the flu.

Not Robin too. It was just last week that he was recovering and then this. RIP Robin Gibb.
Old 2012-05-20, 22:53   Link #21548
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Why do a have a feeling that japan is going to have a lost generation like in Yozakura Quartet, lately relatively young japanese have goten ill or have died while their granparents continue to live past the age of seventy. I blame it to work environment that grinds them to the bone, their health become brittle and diseases finish the job.
Old 2012-05-20, 23:00   Link #21549
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
IMO opinion Facebook will s-l-o-w-l-y start to charge for their service, they will try to hide is as an upgrade but on the long run they want people to pay for what nowadays they have for free.
i see that happening if EU countries or democrat-ctrled US congress try to chip away what FB can do to make more $ with the collected data.

... it's no wonder FB just set up FB Political Action Commitee, and would gladly donate to GOP
http://campaign2012.washingtonexamin...blicans/550961
Old 2012-05-20, 23:02   Link #21550
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Another black day for disco legends. The best they did was to leave a lasting legacy for our parents.

Quote:
That news is also at the Madoka Magica section, as she's Junko Kaname. I wish her for the best, as the last time she had it (back in junior high), the docs were able to neutralize the disorder. This might be easier to deal with compared to others.

Personally, I have a feeling that the Japanese may soon in a few centuries possibly be the Parsi of the East, as they seem to interbreed with each other (and perhaps causing some genetic anomalies and related disorders), with the exception of a few thousand or so who intermarry with other nationalities.

Quote:
Nada, except for the followers of Nyaruko.
Old 2012-05-20, 23:03   Link #21551
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
IMO opinion Facebook will s-l-o-w-l-y start to charge for their service, they will try to hide is as an upgrade but on the long run they want people to pay for what nowadays they have for free. Which is quite logical since people are ADDICTED to facebook, they can no longer live without it.
More power to alternatives then, like Diaspora. Facebook is *convenient*... not irreplaceable. They'd better be able to make it on data mining and advertising.
Old 2012-05-20, 23:16   Link #21552
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
More power to alternatives then, like Diaspora. Facebook is *convenient*... not irreplaceable. They'd better be able to make it on data mining and advertising.
Less than half a decade ago MySpace was THE social network. Even technophobe me had a page there (which I barely used). And now...hey, remember MySpace?

Mark my words, Facebook won't last forever, or at least it won't be preemininent forever. Things change so fast in the digital arena. A new social network will likely come along at some point, and people will eventually be asking "remember Facebook?"
Old 2012-05-20, 23:26   Link #21553
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Nada, except for the followers of Nyaruko.
NYARLATHOTEP AXBIM XENCH'ZY VAWEG
NYARLATHOTEP FETH QICHI FETH QICHI
NYARLATHOTEP TELAL ALAL UNGOYUD MANGEIF NAGUZ
IJACEEBO IJACCEBO IJACEEBO!!!
NYARLATHOTEP EDIN NA ZU!!!

Old 2012-05-21, 00:30   Link #21554
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

And now some better news... Whether or not that eclipse played a part in any aforementioned tragedies, millions of people were still impressed by it, including in Japan and China. And it's the rainy season there, so it's especially nice that they got a glimpse of it as well. It was apparently the first eclipse visible in Japan since the 1830s. Heh, can't wait to see tomorrow's seiyuu blogs about it.

Here's some pretty impressive photos. I didn't get to see the whole ring as I live in San Diego, but I was within range to see a crescent sun, and the afternoon turned noticeably darker.
Old 2012-05-21, 00:59   Link #21555
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Oregon western half... clouds and rain as usual
Old 2012-05-21, 04:02   Link #21556
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

The algorithmic arms race
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...84K07320120521
Old 2012-05-21, 04:43   Link #21557
spirits having flown

Quote:
Annnnd less than a week after Donna Summer, we just lost another Bee Gee
Thank you Robin for your your contributions to the music world. May you rest in peace.

/goes to a corner and cries
Old 2012-05-21, 07:01   Link #21558
flying ^

their music sound real good anywhere... be it in receptions (SNF disco hits) or even in the lobby with bass-poor/treble-happy speakers (jive talkin)
Old 2012-05-21, 08:15   Link #21559
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:

Not you too, Robin. I grew up listening to Bee Gees. RIP, and thank you for the wonderful music you have bestowed upon us.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
Old 2012-05-21, 09:34   Link #21560
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Man Commits Suicide After Years Of Fighting Wachovia & Wells Fargo Over Mortgage Mess-Up

Even when they got fucked over, they were still making their payments on time and even have documentation. But still supposedly missed a payment. I hope all parties involved die in a rape fire

I need a drink...
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international