AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-05, 17:00   Link #1721
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Wouldn't it be ironic if Kodaka ends up with someone else let's say the student council president Hinata and the others stay as just friends? I mean it is a club designed to make friends after all...

That would probably cause the author to recieve some backlash from the various shippers though...
Well, Kodaka has been raising a ton of flags with the student council members in the time he wasn't at the Neighbour's club (more than what's shown in anime version anyway). I personally think if Kodaka can get past Pegasus being pissed at him for not choosing Sena, I can see one of the student council member ending up with Kodaka.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 23:18   Link #1722
WeedIsJustAPlant

Haganai 9 has been delayed again. Rumors are it's gonna be released this summer.

I have a gut feeling that Yomi-tan has lost his motivation to write. I think he's been dealing with personal problems.

Tbh, I'm glad that volume 9 got delayed again. I was planning to play Steins;Gate's new visual novel which comes out at the same day volume 9 was supposed to be released, April 25th. I didn't want to feel volume 9 as a bother and distraction. If volume 9 wasn't delayed again, I'd probably rush reading it since S;G games are my favorite and my eagerness to play them are insane.

4月刊『ディバースワールズ・クライシス2』、『僕は友達が少ない9』は都合により発売延期となりました。 楽しみにお待ち頂いている皆様、申し訳ございません。
ttp://www.mediafactory.co.jp/bunkoj/news_and_topix/index
WeedIsJustAPlant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 09:18   Link #1723
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Wouldn't it be ironic if Kodaka ends up with someone else let's say the student council president Hinata and the others stay as just friends? I mean it is a club designed to make friends after all...
Probably not happening any time soon, mainly because such an action would mean the end of the club, which Kodaka does not want.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 10:10   Link #1724
tsunade666

what the heck happen in the end of the anime? I didn't read the novel but man, talking about lack of proper ending.
Old 2013-04-09, 16:17   Link #1725
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what the heck happen in the end of the anime? I didn't read the novel but man, talking about lack of proper ending.
Well, it's a cliff-hanger, obviously -- and yeah, clearly not an ending of any kind (closes one chapter, but opens the next). The novel author sort of hinted earlier that he'd take the anime just a bit beyond the way that particular novel ended to hint at what was coming next (but this was also pointed to in the Connect novel).

All they needed was to put "To Be Concluded..." and that would have basically explained it.
Old 2013-04-09, 16:45   Link #1726
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
All they needed was to put "To Be Concluded..." and that would have basically explained it.
In the very end, a feather fell on Yozora's shoulder, after which she turned around in shock, like she sensed someone, someone important.
Only a really untalented person would not figure that the story will continue in an animation form, because I seriously do not think that they would blow it this big after such a good row of the series.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 07:35   Link #1727
l.kostas

This was at the last issue of Comic Alive magazine released on March 27, that hosts the manga version. The cover illustration of volume 9 isn't available yet but the release date at that commercial is April 25.

l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 07:38   Link #1728
tsunade666

^ so vol 9 is released April 25?

Last edited by tsunade666; 2013-04-10 at 11:54.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 11:41   Link #1729
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^ so vol 9 is released April 9?
It says 4月25日 not 4月9日.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 11:49   Link #1730
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
It says 4月25日 not 4月9日.
And even then, it has apparently been delayed again (though it sounds like the artbook may actually release this month).
Old 2013-04-10, 11:55   Link #1731
tsunade666

Quote:
It says 4月25日 not 4月9日.
my mistake. I should have type 25 and not 9. the 9 is the volume
Old 2013-04-10, 19:05   Link #1732
WeedIsJustAPlant

I prefer Haganai 9 to be released in October-December.
Old 2013-04-11, 16:56   Link #1733
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

After reading about the recent death of Zero no Tsukaima writer, I decided to write what is on my mind. I have read here and there that Boku ha tomodachi ga sukunai's author has health problems that have delayed his work, etc. I have the feeling that it is all a lie (Like the lie about the Illness of the mangaka that does Kannagi) and the delays are due to the fact that the author is a troublesome person to deal with. I think that it is an offense to the people that have real health issues to give that reason as an scapegoat.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 17:14   Link #1734
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
After reading about the recent death of Zero no Tsukaima writer, I decided to write what is on my mind. I have read here and there that Boku ha tomodachi ga sukunai's author has health problems that have delayed his work, etc. I have the feeling that it is all a lie (Like the lie about the Illness of the mangaka that does Kannagi) and the delays are due to the fact that the author is a troublesome person to deal with. I think that it is an offense to the people that have real health issues to give that reason as an scapegoat.
Well, I think that's a bit of a hateful thing to say. I'm not sure what evidence you're using to say that the author of Kannagi was "lying"; was she not admitted to hospital for her issues (and was it not explained what condition she had)? And further, I'm not sure what line you're drawing to decide whether someone's health problems are "legitimate" or "a lie". Do you need to review their doctor's note yourself to believe them? I find that this is a bit of a twisted view of the authors. Creativity is not just a faucet that you turn on and off at will, and there can be a variety of conditions -- both physical and mental/psychological -- that can severely interfere with your ability to be productive. I'm not going to sit here and judge them and say "you're not sick enough to use that excuse". I don't know what they're going through.

I do know that the Haganai author moved to Tokyo so that he could be closer to the animation team working on this past season of the work, and was also officially credited as sharing the Story Planning task for the anime. Moving to a new location and being involved with that project may have taken a toll on him and taken him out of his normal routine. But I don't know what he's going through and I'm not going to say we're being lied to or that he doesn't have "real health issues" -- whatever that means... I sort of imagine you sitting there and being like "if you're not either dead or dying, get back to work."

(I was quite sad by the news of that author's death too... but still, I don't think other authors deserve this spectre of doubt you're casting over them.)
Old 2013-04-11, 17:51   Link #1735
Sumeragi
Banned

Nice conspiracy theory.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 22:23   Link #1736
finalfury
Incognito

IFF people are lying about specific health issues, then karma will come back to haunt them eventually.
I refuse to believe that authors in general have these mindsets(those mindsets are reserved for politicians and businessmen).
Everything is a scapegoat nowadays, Deal with it. Hell, even I'm a scapegoat for others.
Old 2013-04-13, 13:50   Link #1737
OvertechB

Just an FYI, but volume 9 seems to have been delayed. It was listed for 4/25 on the Media Factory release schedule last month, but then it vanished. It's not listed for 5/25 either.

I can't wait to see what happens after CONNECT. The anime showed Kodaka confronting Sena, but that wasn't in the books, so I expect that part will be in volume 9. I'm thinking it'll mostly be about them trying to get Yozora back.

http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/bunkoj/schedule/index

And my two cents about the CONNECT cover, it's Kobato and her mother, Airi. You can always tell characters by their hair.
OvertechB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 14:20   Link #1738
ca38181

does anyone know where you can find finished v8 in an English translation?
ca38181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 07:14   Link #1739
WeedIsJustAPlant

Tbh, I'm starting to lose interest with this series.

I think Yomi-tan is in a bad mental state. The guy blocks people on twitter for no reason. He's also hiding his twitter account, blocking it from everyone who have no permission.

I hope he gets some help.
Old 2013-04-15, 15:39   Link #1740
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeedIsJustAPlant View Post
I think Yomi-tan is in a bad mental state. The guy blocks people on twitter for no reason. He's also hiding his twitter account, blocking it from everyone who have no permission.

I hope he gets some help.
I'm not sure that having a private Twitter account or blocking people you don't want following you is necessarily a sign of being in a "bad mental state". He may just want to post things for a smaller group and not the whole world. This is sort of like the whole "faking illness" thing earlier. If people were saying these sorts of things about me, I'd probably want to lie low for a while too.

Let's just wait for the next novel.

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen