AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-11, 20:25   Link #9521
Xiammes

14BiQ! was going to be picking up Needless before Red Hawk did so maybe they will pick it up, though they haven't updated their site since April.
Old 2012-11-12, 11:36   Link #9522
Avvesione

That sucks, I enjoyed reading the RedHawk scans.

For anyone curious, here's a link to Ch106's translations by js06:

http://mangahelpers.com/t/js06/releases/36290
Old 2012-11-12, 11:55   Link #9523
Ynot

Redhawk has made a post about the reason why they're dropping it.
http://www.redhawkscans.com/showthre...-with-NEEDLESS

According to one of their proofreaders it's a lot of work compared to
other series because of the "immense redraws". That doesn't come
as a surprise, Imai kami does have a habit of using big fat kanji
overlapping artwork and some other things which really suck up a lot
of time if you want to correct that in the scanlation.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 12:31   Link #9524
Kurohane

Well, thanks Red Hawk Neo for the chapters you provided. Wish you luck in future projects.
Old 2012-11-12, 13:44   Link #9525
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Well, thanks Red Hawk Neo for the chapters you provided. Wish you luck in future projects.
Agree.
Plus they give us the reason why they stop .
No to mention we close to the next one ,i'm really curios to see how the next one will play out after read js06 traslation(js06 thanks for the traslation as always).
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 20:11   Link #9526
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Well, at least we have the translated text, which is the important thing. I'm sure someone could be persuaded to do the editing. I mean, I'd do it myself, if I had
  1. Spare time (I started a full-time job last week, and have none).
  2. A decent internet connection (I'm still using my mobile phone as a modem).
  3. Somewhere to host the thing. For free, naturally.

Oh, and a graphics tablet would come in handy too, since retouching with just a mouse is a pain in the arse. And I don't even have a decent mouse mat. Mine tends to stick to the mouse and slide over the desk...
Old 2012-11-14, 06:15   Link #9527
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Chapter is out.
Old 2012-11-14, 12:25   Link #9528
Xiammes

Do you mean chapter 107 or 106 is done.
Old 2012-11-14, 16:46   Link #9529
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiammes View Post
Do you mean chapter 107 or 106 is done.
Needless 106 by Silica Scans.

It's a rough version. Not all the redraws have been done and it's not quality checked yet. They wanted to post this version for now though, since we already had to wait for so long.
Old 2012-11-14, 19:57   Link #9530
Xiammes

Thats cool, I was content with Js06 scripts, so this is nice.
Old 2012-11-16, 04:10   Link #9531
Xion Valkyrie

I hope Eve doesn't end up looking like Riru lol...
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 13:44   Link #9532
Kurohane

Considering they are about the same age, and Eve has doppleganger, I don't think you have to worry about that.
Old 2012-11-16, 14:35   Link #9533
Homura7

"And I hope I'll find God after I finish taking a shit!!"

Always Blade.

Btw, the chapter pretty much confirmed the Killegirl Squad is Stigmata-less.

EDIT:

Best Needless volume cover.

Last edited by Homura7; 2012-11-16 at 14:55.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 15:26   Link #9534
Ynot

My favorite cover is still volume 13's but this one is certainly not far behind it. the purple color of the uniform together with Yamada's red eyes and his black ribbons make him look a bit more imposing(I almost have the feeling I'm looking at his evil twin). Talking about eye colors, how many did he have until now? Green, blue, yellow and now red are the ones I can remember. A couple more and he can fill a rainbow.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 00:42   Link #9535
Avvesione

Holy shit, that cover looks awesome. Hope my copy arrives sometime before I go back home for Thanksgiving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
My favorite cover is still volume 13's but this one is certainly not far behind it. the purple color of the uniform together with Yamada's red eyes and his black ribbons make him look a bit more imposing(I almost have the feeling I'm looking at his evil twin). Talking about eye colors, how many did he have until now? Green, blue, yellow and now red are the ones I can remember. A couple more and he can fill a rainbow.
Cruz had red eyes on the cover of Volume 9. On 8 (kinda funny how he never appeared on the cover until Volume 8), they're blue; on 11, they're blue; on 13, they're green. The colored cover for 6 has grey-ish eyes but the first page of the volume, he has yellow eyes. First page of volume 14, he has blue and yellow eyes.

So yeah, it appears that he's had red before but just that one time on the cover for Volume 9. To be fair, Setsuna has red eyes on that cover, too, and blue everywhere else (including cover of 14).

Then again, we already know that most of the colors have been inconsistent in Needless with eyes being the prime example. Idk how much to read into it besides it looks pretty damn awesome on Cruz for 15.

Source: http://avvesione.files.wordpress.com...umes-manga.jpg
Old 2012-11-17, 02:46   Link #9536
Kurohane

Weren't Eve's eyes red when she was under the control of Black Attraction? Though of course, when Aruka appeared as one of Simeon's Elite Four after her mask was destroyed, her eyes were red too, so I guess that's a moot point. Oh well, I figured the change in eye color was meant to show the change in a person's emotions. The color page in City chapter 3 has Cruz's eyes shift from blue to yellow due to the shock I believe.
Old 2012-11-18, 22:17   Link #9537
Avvesione

Ultra Jump updated their website. Not much on 107 but there's a bonus pic.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-19, 00:10   Link #9538
Kurohane

What's the Robitics Notes and Steins Gate headline about?

Also, Disk obviously enjoys seeing Cruz dressed like that.
Old 2012-11-19, 01:17   Link #9539
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
What's the Robitics Notes and Steins Gate headline about?

Also, Disk obviously enjoys seeing Cruz dressed like that.
Just that the two mangas are running in Ultra Jump. I am particularly fond of both because the S;G manga followed Kurisu as the main character in the days following where the anime ended and the R;N manga follows Frau as the main character with her joining the Robotics Club with some details changed around.

And in regards to the picture, I think we all enjoy seeing Cruz dressed like that. Well, maybe except Cruz.
Old 2012-11-19, 03:32   Link #9540
pir

My theory about who has Stigmata in Needless.

Adam Arclight (Positive Feedback Zero + Doppelganger), Riru (Psychokinesis), Saten (Thermal Energy Conversion), Uten (Bermuda Athport), Aruka (Agni Schiwatas), Teruyama (Flame), Hatfield (Rainmaker), Strom(Ice), The Black Madam (Wind), Seto (Gravitation), Eva (Doppelganger+ unknown fragment), Cruz(The Shield of Aegis+ unknown fragment)

In short: I don’t believe Setsuna has Stigmata. This proper punishment for her actions against Cruz.

In detail: Arclight has 9 Stigmatas and we have confirmed 7 of 9. If think logically it will be absurd Hatfield had Stigmata but Strom hasn’t. They both look how equal. ( My dream: Hatfield+ Strom against Cruz).All left is one. I believe last Stigmata known to Arclight is The Black Madam Wind. Why? If Flame and Water Stigmatas Wind will be good addition. Yes, we don’t witness full destructive power Wind. But if you think about this wind is very powerful fragment and can do many things worthy Stigmata bearer.
Now go to 3 unknown Stigmata’s. First of course Seto with her Gravitation. She survived Eden Seed and it very good sight that she has Stigmata.
Second : Eva. I believe in many theories about Eva series and must all proper explain. We known that in past Blade had Stigmata but it disappeared after he transferred Doppelganger. Stigmata can be in Blade or be transferred in Eva. I believe in second. I also believe in theory about Eva series has basis fragment Psychokinesis. After Riru sealed Eva was removed from her power and in result she have problems with memory. After she has got Eden Seed her power will return. Why? If you think about power up for her this only way. Her Doppelganger is in 100% use and after Super Gel Dero Doro Drink' device installed within her body her weakness with this fragment is covered. If she awakens Stigmata her power will be Psychokinesis but level before Riru met Arclight ( too powerful heroine will be boring).
Third: Cruz. First sign is Mengroze and I don’t think need this explain. Second: I believe in theory about people can craft they fragments on they desires. If this truth when we have explanation why Cruz have The Shield of Aegis and my most speculative theory Zero. People says about desire Cruz protect friends but they forget about another desire Cruz. Be how Father. And that his the most definitive train? His power Zero. You see connections?

Yes my theory very speculative and don’t have many proofs and many can disagree but I love it.
pir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, seinen