AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-13, 18:34   Link #201
ShiroiRyu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=5zH6ZF9Wt6M

The opening of the upcoming season.
Old 2013-10-25, 00:37   Link #202
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Pokemon X & Y is already here, and the new show started. However, I'm no hurry at all with the episodes.

Just five more episodes left to conclude Decolora Adventure, and I'm kissing good-bye to Pokemon anime for good.

My post is just to comment that episode 15th of Best Wishes S2 - Decolora Adventure introduced another pokemon from the sixth generation of games: the Flying Dragon type, Noivern.

For those who own already anyone or both X & Y games should know by now which Pokemon I'm referring to.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 03:51   Link #203
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=5zH6ZF9Wt6M

The opening of the upcoming season.
..........No Shauna in anime???

EPIC FAIL.
Old 2013-10-31, 00:38   Link #204
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I just see ep 1 of Origin and I like but sadely this anime just 4 ep? :'(
Old 2013-11-10, 03:42   Link #205
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I think Serena is the best girl in Pokemon so far.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 00:05   Link #206
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Agreed.

The fact that Serena is Satoshi's childhood friend (not just a new friend that Satoshi meets on his adventure) and has some "interest" on him makes her different from other girls that Satoshi has travelled with in the past seasons.

Can we hope for Romantic here? It will be sad if she gets friendzoned in the end.
Old 2013-11-21, 17:28   Link #207
Nvis

Episode 7 seals the deal that Serena got a thing with Ash(and he remembers, finally!).

Ash's pretty slick when he was a younger.

Wait, why is this in the Older Series?
Old 2013-11-21, 18:23   Link #208
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Episode 7 was pretty nice. Serena and Ash fit well together, and now it's basically official that Serena has a crush on Ash. And finally Ash actually remembers who she is lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Agreed. I hope they turn this into something of an actual romance instead of her getting friendzoned in the end, they make a great team.
Old 2013-11-23, 14:18   Link #209
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Already watched the second last episode to Decolora Adventure arc, that means I'm just one episode away to finish the whole Best Wishes series and with it say good-bye for good to the Pokemon anime.

Back over three years ago I expressed confidence in this fourth entry into the Pokemon anime mainly because of the generation games of that time. I looked forward to Dent (Cilian) due to him being voiced by seiyuu Mamoru Miyano, and it was a surprise to find out that Iris got voiced by seiyuu Aoi Yuuki from Symphogear fame.

Still, I felt this season had it's very lows because of the redundant storytelling, and the writers brushing off aside any chance to implement real plot, but I do admit that the diverse sort of people and rivals that Ash and co. met while at the Unova region were hilarious and interesting.

My favorite rival characters for this season were:
1. Cabernet (Dent's sommelier rival)
2. The Dragon buster (Iris rival)
3. Virgil (the Eevee team user)

Anyways, arcs such as the Episode of N held great potential, but that potential got wasted due to poor episodes. While others such as the Meloetta subplot actually delivered some good climax, adding that Dawn and Piplup temporarily re-joined the cast too.

Overall, the Best Wishes era was below average. It would have looked awesome watching in an episode both Team Plasma and Team Rocket unleashing all of their forces against each other in a major battle, however, sadly those episodes were taken out for good before having any chances to be broadcasted for real due to the Tsunami and Tohoku earthquake that struck Japan on March 2011.

To conclude I'm looking forward to the closure to the Best Wishes saga, and with it my farewell to Pocket Monster anime.
Old 2013-11-23, 14:55   Link #210
DGDCOne
Memoria Vice Captain

The best moment is AshxSerena during their childhood and it's awesome! it's going to be an interesting saga for the moment.
Old 2013-12-07, 03:27   Link #211
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

So far, really been enjoying X and Y series, leagues above Best Wishes in my opinion. The entire cast has great chemistry, really love the interactions with one another. Ash and that new guy seem more like brothers than any of his other past male sidekick characters, again my opinion. Bonnie and Serena's sister like relationship is adorable, kind of reminds me of May's and Max's relationship in the AG series, which really says some thing. Animation has improved a lot, every once in a while will get low key ones but not as many as in the past so far. I'm really loving this series though

I think so far, my list goes like this..

AG > X and Y > D / P > Kanto - Johto > BW.

BW was a nightmare for me, if only Iris wasn't getting a cameo, I could act like that series never happened

Edit;

Ash x Serena, my favorite Pokemon pairing ever! Tied with Contestshipping

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 16:13   Link #212
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Pocket Monsters Best Wishes. The End

Finally, as of today I concluded the Best Wishes saga. This milestone has been reached, and which means I came to say farewell to the Pokemon anime.

Pokemon started airing on my local TV networks back on June 1999, and that was three months before it began broadcasting on the LatinAmerican Cartoon Network channel.
I did recall how much I didn't miss the episodes over and over, and how I did not mind watching the Spanish dubs, but all that changed halfway to the Johto arc when I began to perceive that 4KIDS back then at that era were messing with the original soundtrack and that left me upset.

After I got into college and got a new laptop with a powerful broadband connection to the internet, then I started to search for Pokemon a few times. I do recall as well that after concluding the first Pocket Monsters series in dubs (Kanto - Orange Islands - Johto) I made the switch to watch the future episodes in raw Japanese which happened from Advance Generation and onwards.

It's been 14 and one-half years following and finishing four series of this show, that at this point I can safely stepped down from the ride and won't mean a big loss to me. Honestly, I loved Kanto and the Orange Islands gave it an original twist from the traditional plotline. However, midway to Johto the plot, the characters, and the trope started to feel dragged.
I guess when Advance Generation came it deliver a sort of freshness on my impressions with the show to me, but that initial freshness would eventually fade away making the series falling back to its worn-out redundancy.
The same thing happened with Diamond and Pearl and have no more comments to Best Wishes.

I'm glad I chose to end Pokemon anime at this point, since I don't think I can take another Pokemon series lasting 3 to 4 years, and what results will I get from it if the writers eventually choose to drop the drama and the plot: more stupid lecturing about how humans and Pokemon must coexist together with nature, more Rocket Gang trio getting blasted off over and over, more waiting until Ash gets to win another League, etc.
Jeez!

Right now there are things I want to settle first like watching the rest of the movies that got released during the Best Wishes, the Pokemon Origin episodes, and the special episodes featuring Iris and Cillian (Dent) respective journeys in Kanto, since those episodes still fall into the BW era.

Furthermore, I have read all your posts and comments regarding the X Y series, and I would love to follow the brand-new show if only for just the chemistry between Ash and Serena being childhood friends in the recent plot. I do really want to have high expectations on Ash, Serena, and the new siblings, but many of you out there will have some knowledge at how stingy the writers are at first introducing some plot with real substance and midway into the show dropping it all of a sudden just to follow, cling, and stick onto the hype of the games just for the sake of selling.
Honestly, I do not wish that happening to the plotline that currently involves Ash, Serena, and friends.

Let's see. This is what I'm going to do. You can convince me to give this new series a chance, if only just because of the characters and their relationships. I'm no longer interested in the usual tropes from the games like the gym challenges, the evil team schemes, and/or the pokemon captures. But, only interested in the characters themselves.
If the characters and their dynamics in the fifth series are better or improved, then I wouldn't mind taking another ride with Pokemon for one more round.
Old 2013-12-08, 09:51   Link #213
Marina2

@Guido

Pokemon X Y anime is done by the same team who did Pokémon Origins. ......If you would take this as a good sign.
Old 2013-12-10, 18:11   Link #214
FireChick

Whoa! Seriously?! Awesome!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 19:44   Link #215
Nvis

Another great episode(10). Instead of Ash getting all the starter pokemon, this time each his friends get one instead.

Citron's an electric pokemon gym leader, yet he has ground and grass-type pokemon now.

Reminds me of Brock and his water pokemon, the Toad thing.
Old 2013-12-17, 16:07   Link #216
Witched

Hmmm....
The one part that usually feels cheap in the Pokemon series is constant Plot-Induced Stupidity.
Spoiler for Pokemon XY - Episode 10:
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 00:30   Link #217
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Ep 9 XY

No team rocket in this episode is a miracle

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2013-12-27 at 17:43.
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 20:59   Link #218
Marina2

Ep.10

Spoiler for Ep.10:
Old 2013-12-20, 14:44   Link #219
Nvis

I find that Team Rocket is way too aggressive in XY.

Spoiler for 11:
Old 2013-12-22, 01:45   Link #220
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Ep 10 XY

hahaha mega mega mega nyassu

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2013-12-27 at 17:42.
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote