AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ogata Rizu 9 6.25%
Furuhashi Fumino 38 26.39%
Takemoto Uruka 16 11.11%
Kirisu Mafuyu (Sensei) 70 48.61%
Kominami Asumi (Senpai) 8 5.56%
Sekijou Sawako 2 1.39%
Umihara (Uruka's Friend -Short Hair-) 0 0%
Kawase (Uruka's Friend -Long Hair-) 0 0%
Others 1 0.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-04-13, 04:25   Link #3281
Lex79

Well there is a bit of risk but the other heroines don't have the same problem of being unable to carry the story on their own like Fish so I think the chances of hijacking are low.
Old 2020-04-13, 04:25   Link #3282
Hakai

The amount of panel time Rizu has in her own arc is more than sufficient. It's just nothing meaningful is happening in those other than fanservice and fluff.
Old 2020-04-13, 05:31   Link #3283
NeutralZero

doubt it, sekijou had hijack a previous rizu ch before, d rest of d support charac for each heroine hasn't done that. an exception to the rule. a support charac that can over shadowing the main.
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-13, 09:51   Link #3284
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I can't believe it... the author heard Tora's wish and turn this arc into Sekijou's arc... unbelievable..
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-26, 11:18   Link #3285
Hakai

So Rizu route finally gets some drama, but it's Sawako's drama....

She's an important character so it's good we're finally getting some backstory/development, probably should have done it in the common route though.

Sawamama is cute!(and single now).
Old 2020-04-26, 11:45   Link #3286
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

dear author... just turn this into Sekijou's arc

Putting Rizu there would only end up as comic relief, which we don't need

This arc might be good if we put Rizu aside
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-26, 13:27   Link #3287
Lex79

Well, if the author's idea was to use Sekijou's problems to show Rizu's development in understanding human feelings, I'm afraid to say that, at least for me, the only thing he accomplished was to have Rizu overshadowed by the little ghost girl too.
As it was said, this should have been done as a side arc in the common route, not during one of the heroines' ending.
Old 2020-04-26, 18:34   Link #3288
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Well, if the author's idea was to use Sekijou's problems to show Rizu's development in understanding human feelings, I'm afraid to say that, at least for me, the only thing he accomplished was to have Rizu overshadowed by the little ghost girl too.
As it was said, this should have been done as a side arc in the common route, not during one of the heroines' ending.
I'm almost afraid of the next few arcs because this was done so poorly.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-27, 10:42   Link #3289
WingedAccelerator

Compared to other side characters, Sekijou was the most prominent in the main story, but even with her, there is the obvious issue of abandonment. She got introduced early on, Chapter 12. She was a true bro with Nariyuki, helped him getting out of the female sauna on the field trip in Chapter 15. She also got invited to a sleepover with the main girls in Chapter 23. I think Tsutsui initially wanted Sekijou as the 5th main heroine, but came to the conclusion that the other three are already friends, there is the previous tutor, who is a teacher, so he wanted more variety, and discarded Rizu's self-proclaimed rival in favor of Senpai. No wonder Sekijou only returned in Chapter 62 outside of few earlier panels. But that chapter also gave her a backstory from her POV, not just basic information narrated by the others, which is unique to her as a support character as far as I remember. It's a shame Nariyuki didn't reference meeting Sekijou at a crane game place before, which seems to be her depression place, and what we got instead is "cheating" by the ghost girl.

As for Rizu, her foundation as a character is bad to begin with. She was never a robot, she emoted a lot. It's more along the lines of as a math genius, she can follow a formula to solve a task. For anything else, she has to learn things by her own and she is really awkward at that to put it lightly. Not understanding emotions gets highlighted, but she is clueless in normal social behavior towards male studends as a female high schooler as well.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-27, 12:24   Link #3290
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I'm almost afraid of the next few arcs because this was done so poorly.
On one hand, the other heroines are a better material for Tsutsui to work with, and they haven't a side character as prominent as Sekijou. On the other hand, a loro of people were already unsatisfied with Uruka's route, so until know Tsutsui doesn't exactly have an impressive track record.
Old 2020-04-27, 14:07   Link #3291
Tenzen12

People being unsatisfied with main story wasn't due any particularly flaw in writting though. People are just too used to first girl winning. Anyway there isn't lot of room for failure with Mafuyu and Fumino shouldn't probably need lot of effort to work either.
Old 2020-05-02, 22:50   Link #3292
Hakai

Tsutsui translating stuff for fans on Twitter.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
What a based author
Old 2020-05-05, 04:57   Link #3293
WingedAccelerator

Tsutsui is a bro again.
https://twitter.com/Taishi_Tsutsui/s...64837049012224
Old 2020-05-10, 12:27   Link #3294
Hakai

The Sawako stuff wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed the 2-3 chapters. I do feel bad for Rizu but Sawako was heavily involved in Rizu chapters even in the common route.

Looks like Rizu won in their game, Nariyuki definitely fell for her by now. 2-3 chapters should be enough to properly wrap this up.
Old 2020-05-10, 15:17   Link #3295
wuhugm
Confused Shark

This should be Sekijou Arc
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-10, 17:52   Link #3296
ImperialFlameGod8190

The saddest part is they make a better case for Rizu x Sekijou then Rizu x Nariyuki which is a miserable failure.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2020-05-10, 21:00   Link #3297
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

What if this is actually a 3some route?
Old 2020-05-11, 01:38   Link #3298
Lex79

This would have a been a nice chapter...if we weren't in Rizu's ending.
Old 2020-05-11, 11:06   Link #3299
WingedAccelerator

Yup. A single page for development, which is lackluster, because Nariyuki is scripted to fall for her. Why bother making it multi-layered, gradual buildup with dedicating time for both of them? The result is guaranteed, so Tsutsui can focus on more fun characters like Sekijou. Makes sense.

I could also say that Rizu despite being a board game addict and expert, can't even design a basic game on her own without the usual udon jokes taking over. Nariyuki and Sekijou rewrite the whole game, then even the Sekijou family's issues were solved by the ghost girl and Nariyuki. Rizu's part in everything was just admitting and calling Sekijou her best friend.
Old 2020-05-12, 05:15   Link #3300
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Yup. A single page for development, which is lackluster, because Nariyuki is scripted to fall for her. Why bother making it multi-layered, gradual buildup with dedicating time for both of them? The result is guaranteed, so Tsutsui can focus on more fun characters like Sekijou. Makes sense.

I could also say that Rizu despite being a board game addict and expert, can't even design a basic game on her own without the usual udon jokes taking over. Nariyuki and Sekijou rewrite the whole game, then even the Sekijou family's issues were solved by the ghost girl and Nariyuki. Rizu's part in everything was just admitting and calling Sekijou her best friend.
It's the job of the Author to make their characters more interesting or more relatable. He's failed to do that with Rizu. The fact that a side character like Sekijou is more popular than a main character in Rizu is an utter failure

To be fair Rizu and Nariyuki did make this version of the game board so she has talent. Just not nearly enough

Tags
alternate endings, harem, harem?, high school, main heroine bias, no main heroine, omnibus, romantic comedy, romcom, shuraba