AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-09, 15:26   Link #41
kitten320

^Manga just looks boring, still pictures and no colour. And you have to read... I hate reading, if it was a novel I doubt I would bother much...

Of course we read subs too, but at least we get moving pictures
Old 2010-06-09, 15:30   Link #42
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hav0kkx View Post
I just have a question for Anime watchers-- does it bother you that the opening credits always show what's to come?

Like Ulq's release, for example. It just looks like really big spoilers to me and it honestly ticks me off, since those are supposed to be jaw dropping scenes but there you get a preview of them
I like it when they hint at whats to come, but when the opening displays blatently what will happen, then it is a little irritating.
Old 2010-06-09, 16:18   Link #43
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
^Manga just looks boring, still pictures and no colour. And you have to read... I hate reading, if it was a novel I doubt I would bother much...

Of course we read subs too, but at least we get moving pictures
I'm pretty sure you get the same amount of reading when watching subs, actually more because of fillers.
How can you hate reading?
Old 2010-06-09, 16:53   Link #44
kitten320

But you get moving pictures in edition

Duno... I just prefer when it is visible of what is actually happening.
Old 2010-06-09, 17:27   Link #45
Maxtro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I don't think anyone besides mods on this forum cares at all about anime only watchers. To be honest I'm a little confused by them myself, how could you like a series enough to want to talk about it on the internet, but not like it enough to want to read the original source? That's kind of disrespectful to Kubo. (Not that anyone here cares about that)
I hope you realize how ridiculous your comment is. Do you know that anime and manga are not the same thing? One has movement and sound while the other is still pictures. Did it ever occur to you that some people may prefer watching something that has movement and sound instead of looking at still pictures? It has absolutely nothing to do with how much somebody likes the source material. Your comment is beyond ignorant.

For the record this is the Animesuki forum, not the Mangasuki forum. The name literally means "like/enjoy anime." As an anime only viewer it's kind of stupid that I have to be very careful of what I read on an anime site because manga readers like to post spoilers.
Old 2010-06-10, 01:50   Link #46
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
I just have a question for Anime watchers-- does it bother you that the opening credits always show what's to come?

Like Ulq's release, for example. It just looks like really big spoilers to me and it honestly ticks me off, since those are supposed to be jaw dropping scenes but there you get a preview of them
To be honest it has really annoyed me. I have to pause the episode when starting to watch it and skip ahead to a safe spot or into the OP. It's just stupid to blatantly spoil something that happens in the middle of the episode and I see no reason for it.

Quote:
I don't think anyone besides mods on this forum cares at all about anime only watchers. To be honest I'm a little confused by them myself, how could you like a series enough to want to talk about it on the internet, but not like it enough to want to read the original source? That's kind of disrespectful to Kubo. (Not that anyone here cares about that)
I think the simple answer is that people like watching anime more. In general I prefer watching anime and if there is a manga out for the series I avoid the manga at least until the series is over. While it may be the original material it feels like I'm spoiling myself or something. The question honestly confuses me since it should be obvious that people prefer to watch a series in different ways. No matter how you go about it you are still watching the creator's story unless they just completely go in different directions.
Old 2010-06-10, 03:55   Link #47
RDF2050
Superidol

Anime vs Manga: In General

Well a discussion about Anime vs Manga.

ALERT: ENGRISH TEXT BELOW

I will start saying that I read the mangas of the anime I watch. Reading the manga make some people know what is happening with the story line besides some of them can’t wait for the anime to catch up; meanwhile, in the anime you experience of watching the manga with motion, sounds and effects. Some people prefer only reading the manga than watching the animes because animes are force to include fillers to not catch up with the manga and also some people get bore of watch something they know the results. Other people prefer skip reading the manga and watch the content with motions, sounds and effects without knowing what will happen in the story line. It is matter of preference for anyone who loves animes and the website focus more in the anime than the manga of any series. As I previously said, I read the manga because I can't wait to see what happen to the story line but also watch the anime due to the fact READING IS NOT THE SAME AS WATCHING. The Manga help me understand what the story line is while the anime make me experience another point of view of what I previously read and saw. Thus, this forum was created for animes but the person who made this forum allow having threads of mangas for the manga reader’s community.

As for the episode, i really love the animation and music used for the episode.
Old 2010-06-10, 06:56   Link #48
Ichiban Hayai

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you get the same amount of reading when watching subs, actually more because of fillers.
How can you hate reading?
Interesting note. I for one like reading books and watching cartoons/anime, but hate reading comics/manga. And I doubt I am the only one out there.

On your previous posts, to make the long story sort it is a VERY good thing the mods here care about spoilers.

By the way would you enjoy seeing 'the 6th sense', 'fight club', 'the usual suspects' if someone spoiled the end of the said movies? I doubt so
Old 2010-06-10, 08:53   Link #49
kitten320

I always search for the ending before watching something, to know if it is worth the time

It is kinda rare when I don't spoil myself before watch, that mostly happens only if the show/movie I'm watching looks really great right from the begining.

The shows which I have watched properly without spoiling myself much were Mai HiME (though AMVs did spoil quiet a lot, but without them wouldn't know that such show even exists), Ga Rei Zero, Requiem for the Phantom and definetly Ghost Hunt(Spoiling that one would definetly kill the experience). Maybe also FMA first season. Otherwise I was always quiet informed about other series stories and endings
Old 2010-06-10, 14:28   Link #50
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I always search for the ending before watching something, to know if it is worth the time

It is kinda rare when I don't spoil myself before watch, that mostly happens only if the show/movie I'm watching looks really great right from the begining.

The shows which I have watched properly without spoiling myself much were Mai HiME (though AMVs did spoil quiet a lot, but without them wouldn't know that such show even exists), Ga Rei Zero, Requiem for the Phantom and definetly Ghost Hunt(Spoiling that one would definetly kill the experience). Maybe also FMA first season. Otherwise I was always quiet informed about other series stories and endings
Can you really be spoiled on Gai Rei Zero since it's a prequel to a manga where we already know the result? Isn't that technically just being on the same level as what you're supposed to be?
Old 2010-06-10, 14:45   Link #51
kitten320

If I was a manga reader, yes.
I had no idea that manga exsisted, found out about it after anime. I actually wouldn't even bother with it if I didn't hear that Yomi was back. Not that I read it properly anyway... liked prequel more. Though if manga will be animated, I might watch it especially if they will change some things.

Actually a lot of people saw anime first and only thanks to Yomi bothered with manga.
Old 2010-06-10, 23:56   Link #52
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban Hayai View Post
By the way would you enjoy seeing 'the 6th sense', 'fight club', 'the usual suspects' if someone spoiled the end of the said movies? I doubt so
I'm sure I'm not the only one who can.
Old 2010-06-11, 00:10   Link #53
monir
cho~ kakkoii

What the... ? We already ran out of talking material for this episode? Let's get back to topic please. Or, at least, try!? I'll start.

Watched it. Didn't much get what Halibell was talking about in regards to sacrifice. I should not be blamed if I'm easily distracted by her giant rack. Where is Sayde? Sayde... SAYDEEEEEE? Explain it to me please if you've watched the episode.
Old 2010-06-11, 01:06   Link #54
Sylus
Maelstrom

Send a message via MSN to Sylus
Quote:
Honestly? Sometimes it confuses the absolute hell out of me, and I have to rewatch the last part of the previous episode to ensure I didn't magically miss anything. Ichi V Ulq prime example. Some of those intros -> Facepalm.

As a whole this ep was ok but I think I'll be taking a hiatus and letting some episodes build up so I can watch them in bulk because I hate feeling like nothing really happened.
Old 2010-06-11, 01:23   Link #55
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
What the... ? We already ran out of talking material for this episode? Let's get back to topic please. Or, at least, try!? I'll start.

Watched it. Didn't much get what Halibell was talking about in regards to sacrifice. I should not be blamed if I'm easily distracted by her giant rack. Where is Sayde? Sayde... SAYDEEEEEE? Explain it to me please if you've watched the episode.
So, Kaf's not good enough for you, eh? -cries in the corner-
Anyway, as Barragan said, each espada has their own aspect of death. Halibel's is sacrifice, and she told Toushiro at a specific moment something about sacrificing your companions for yourself, which could be explained in two ways: she's in the club of people who were sacrificed for others, or the ones who died after others sacrificed themselves, making said sacrifices vain. I tend to believe it was the latter.
Old 2010-06-11, 01:36   Link #56
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:

*distracts monir with more pics of Isane*

but seriously, I think the overall episode was good, though for some reason, Halibel's rack seems...bigger than in the manga, almost...oddlike...*blows a fuse for questioning boobage*
Old 2010-06-11, 03:11   Link #57
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
So, Kaf's not good enough for you, eh? -cries in the corner-
Anyway, as Barragan said, each espada has their own aspect of death. Halibel's is sacrifice, and she told Toushiro at a specific moment something about sacrificing your companions for yourself, which could be explained in two ways: she's in the club of people who were sacrificed for others, or the ones who died after others sacrificed themselves, making said sacrifices vain. I tend to believe it was the latter.
Of course Kaf is good! Kaf is from Greece, and as we know Greek are awesome with their philosophy. And knows how to throw a party. You are just bad with money. I know, cheap shot. Ahem... sorry. I think I need to watch that portion again.

Will look for Isane at the Image thread.
Old 2010-06-11, 03:35   Link #58
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
but seriously, I think the overall episode was good, though for some reason, Halibel's rack seems...bigger than in the manga, almost...oddlike...*blows a fuse for questioning boobage*
aha, somebody else noticed, I'm not goin crazy XD
my theory on that: they had some sort of bad conscience for censoring her bra ...so to "compensate" for that, they "inflated" her ressurection form. That was rly irritating btw. I don't like censorship, but if they absolutely have to accomodate the TV execs or whatnot...they shouldn't mess with it more than rly neccesary. Instead of pulling of sth like this they should rather have given her character some more shading. ( and that goes for her assets as well XD)

Anyways, let's not dwell on the messed up boob-job they gave her apart from this somewhat ridiculous matter I pretty much liked the ep and they did a nice job for halibel's fight so far. liked it more than in the manga actually. Stark vs Shunsui scenes were also nice... also I somehow always like seeing Omaeda getting kicked around

edit: oh yeah one thing disapointing a bit: after reading the spoilers I did expect slightly more from Halibel's "flashback" ... I mean it was like, 2.3 secs long probably? one single camera angel? that's it. ?!?!?! WTH?!? Flashback???? When I read flashback I was thinking of what they did for Nel and Noitra or for Grimmjow ... sth along those lines for Halibel would have been nice. Well... maaaaaybeee they rly save all that stuff for the next filler arc. Then again, that HM filler arc idea just sounds too good to be true

Last edited by haegar; 2010-06-11 at 03:49.
Old 2010-06-11, 03:36   Link #59
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
I think I need to watch that portion again.
Go to the scene where Hitsugaya is about to attack her and he realizes that Kira and Co are too close.

H-chan knows that Hallibel will reciprocate with an attack meaning that by being where he is he's putting those injured people, including Momo, in direct danger. So he has two choices -

1.) Sacrifice Kira, Momo, et. al. to defeat Hallibel or

2.) Sacrifice himself to save them from her attack.

That's what she means about sacrifice. She goes into it a little further saying that her underlings sacrificed themselves to win and that she wouldn't let their sacrifices be in vain.
Old 2010-06-11, 10:53   Link #60
Hisagi_Shuuhei

I just cam to think about this:

in episode 273, right after Haribel turned into her ressureccion form.

She cuts Hitsugaya's ice illusion in half, without so much a hint of her "La Gota" or something.

She just swang her sword and Poor hitsu is split in half.

Someone care to explain how this could happen ?