AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-16, 00:55   Link #241
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Titles can be misleading. We've been trolled before regarding this series, multiple times in fact.

So her death isn't a certainty, nor are many things. For all we know she could end up being possessed by a Magius and forced to stab L-Elf or the such.

Anyway.

It is quite disappointing that so much is still left unanswered as Cour 2 has to end eventually and it would be a real shame if they had to rush things at the end as they used up a lot of time on other things.
I still stand by what I say, Lise is going to die one way or another and the prince is in no way related to her. Why will the Module let some unknown girl be their monarch? If it Shoko, the people of JIOR might agree but definitely not Lise (Why the hell will the Kamitsuki agree to be the guardian of the prince if he has nothing related to them? Also why will Akira agree to be his godmother if he in no way related to Shoko?). It is said that there will be a big development for L-elf, I can't see that development happened until something major happened to L-elf. Lise is a side character and absented from the entire S1 to ONLY now have a major appearance til now. So no way in a blue hell she'll just walk in and take spotlight away from the true main female character (NO ONE CAN'T DENIED THIS).

Edit: Lise doesn't even appear in the Ending credit, that sure spoken how important she is.
Old 2013-11-16, 01:01   Link #242
NeutralZero

Q4 left alone even without orders...
is this a glimer of hope for that brat to finnaly kick the bucket?
Please let it be...
Aina died bec he didn't listen to orders...
it would be a befitting karma if he was killed due to that...
Old 2013-11-16, 01:08   Link #243
Destined_Fate

Big development usually means someone important dies, betrays the character, or gets badly injured in anime. So I guess Lise does have many death flags as L-Elf's development cycle demands it.

It is strange for Akira to be the child's Godmother it the child has no relation to Shoko. Especially considering that Akira doesn't even know Lise at this time and her connection to Shoko is extremely powerful.
Old 2013-11-16, 01:08   Link #244
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I still stand by what I say, Lise is going to die one way or another and the prince is in no way related to her. Why will the Module let some unknown girl be their monarch? If it Shoko, the people of JIOR might agree but definitely not Lise. It is said that there will be a big development for L-elf, I can't see that development happened until something major happened to L-elf. Lise is a side character and ONLY have a major appearance til now. no way in a blue hell she'll just walk in and take spotlight away from the true main female character (NO ONE CAN'T DENIED THIS).
First, we have no way of knowing if Neo JIOR becomes the Empire or if Neo JIOR gets wiped out and the 3rd Galactic Reich rises from out of it's ashes.
Also, as of this season, the roles of mains have been shuffled from last season. I consider main characters as more than just a title written down somewhere, that MC has to have enough screen-time and influence to the story and plot to be considered an MC. Also, it's nothing new for a character that was once an MC to become a secondary or even tertiary character in the second season. Right now, L-elf and Haruto are really the only main's characters at this point. Saki is now a supporting character and Shoko a reoccurring character.

Lieselotte is still important to the story right now, and she's only just now had a major appearance. She's been featured in the OP ever since last season as well as one of the EDs. They obviously don't mean for her to be a character that only shows up once and then dies. She has to have meaning before her death can have impact for the audience, and they definitely want this girl to have impact.

Also, to say Lise has to die for L-elf to have development is the same argument people used last season for saying that Shoko was going to die so that Haruto could develop. Yet, both have developed without love interest dying .

I think it's highly possible that both Lise AND Shoko could die, however, I think Lise still has a bigger part in this still.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-16, 01:11   Link #245
Destined_Fate

It's a very likely scenario considering Lise has been a background character til now and we still know very little about her other than her importance to L-Elf. With there only being limited episodes a death would be a huge and quick way to develop L-Elf for sure.
Old 2013-11-16, 01:14   Link #246
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I still stand by what I say, Lise is going to die one way or another and the prince is in no way related to her. Why will the Module let some unknown girl be their monarch? If it Shoko, the people of JIOR might agree but definitely not Lise (Why the hell will the Kamitsuki agree to be the guardian of the prince if he has nothing related to them? Also why will Akira agree to be his godmother if he in no way related to Shoko?). It is said that there will be a big development for L-elf, I can't see that development happened until something major happened to L-elf. Lise is a side character and absented from the entire S1 to ONLY now have a major appearance til now. So no way in a blue hell she'll just walk in and take spotlight away from the true main female character (NO ONE CAN'T DENIED THIS).

Edit: Lise doesn't even appear in the Ending credit, that sure spoken how important she is.
I believe you're assuming out misplaced opinions. Who's to say after new JIOR supposedly wins and takes over Dorssia. Wouldn't Lieselotte be perfect as an acting governor as she is a Dorssian. The kid isn't directly related to anyone of this generation. Shoko's bloodline could have been mixed in through her children marrying into L-elf's, so that would solve that problem, but the situation still doesn't necessarily have to relate to Shoko. 200 years is enough time for Akira to get out of her comfort zone an interact with others and form bonds with other people namely the parents of that child, and hence would rightfully be a godmother not out of obligation because she friends with a relative so-or-so generations ago, but close friendship. The reason I'm not giving any solid speculation, because we can't make any assumptions of what's happened in this future timeline, and all we can do to fill the gaps is our imagination, which is hardly reliable.

Also, we are to see L-elf in a new light. Development and seeing are not the same thing. During this season we are learning more about L-elf's past, knowing why he is acting against Dorssia and what drives him. We already see him as the cold, logical killer with no remorse, but he has shown a human side that is usually repressed. Despite going traitor, he hasn't made an effort to kill his former teammates and he has been more accommodating to the JIORans than any military person should be. While we'll learn more about him, I'm certain he won't have any big developments, other than opening up to Haruto, and essentially JIOR in the process, but that doesn't mean Lieselotte has to die for that to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
First, we have no way of knowing if Neo JIOR becomes the Empire or if Neo JIOR gets wiped out and the 3rd Galactic Reich rises from out of it's ashes.
Also, as of this season, the roles of mains have been shuffled from last season. I consider main characters as more than just a title written down somewhere, that MC has to have enough screen-time and influence to the story and plot to be considered an MC. Also, it's nothing new for a character that was once an MC to become a secondary or even tertiary character in the second season. Right now, L-elf and Haruto are really the only main's characters at this point. Saki is now a supporting character and Shoko a reoccurring character.

Lieselotte is still important to the story right now, and she's only just now had a major appearance. She's been featured in the OP ever since last season as well as one of the EDs. They obviously don't mean for her to be a character that only shows up once and then dies. She has to have meaning before her death can have impact for the audience, and they definitely want this girl to have impact.

Also, to say Lise has to die for L-elf to have development is the same argument people used last season for saying that Shoko was going to die so that Haruto could develop. Yet, both have developed without love interest dying .

I think it's highly possible that both Lise AND Shoko could die, however, I think Lise still has a bigger part in this still.
Right, Jullia from Cowboy Bebop was that kind of character who showed up near the end just to die. Lieselotte is not that kind of character as her appearances are more widespread and consistent.
Old 2013-11-16, 01:17   Link #247
Destined_Fate

Seems unlikely that Akira would be the Godmother if the line didn't start with Shoko. If her child married into the line... Well, it wouldn't be the same.

We already had a very good idea on what drove L-Elf, Lise, and his mission, to save her and change Dorssia, in Cour 1. He also didn't try to kill any of his teammates in Cour 1 either when he easily could have. So those aren't really new or unique to Cour 2 in regards to L-Elf. L-Elf also started to trust Haruto and Shoko in Cour 1 as well.
Old 2013-11-16, 01:24   Link #248
Kurohane

Quote:
Seems unlikely that Akira would be the Godmother if the line didn't start with Shoko. If her child married into the line... Well, it wouldn't be the same.

We already had a very good idea on what drove L-Elf, Lise, and his mission, to save her and change Dorssia, in Cour 1. He also didn't try to kill any of his teammates in Cour 1 either when he easily could have. So those aren't really new or unique to Cour 2 in regards to L-Elf. L-Elf also started to trust Haruto and Shoko in Cour 1 as well.
As I said, Akira has has plenty of time in this future world to open up to others. I'd rather she'd be a Godmother because she is close to the parents, not out of obligation to who she was friends with generations ago.

Bolded: That's a good one .
Old 2013-11-16, 01:27   Link #249
Destined_Fate

You know it's true. Coffee and Sugar, Ham and Eggs. Haruto and L-Elf had a level of trust and Haruto was no longer hesitating by the end of Cour 1.

Akira could do that but who would care about faceless descendants in the fanbase? Right now Shoko is the most important person in her life that isn't her brother. So it makes sense that she would watch over Shoko's line out of their friendship and how Shoko changed Akira's life for the better.
Old 2013-11-16, 01:29   Link #250
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
As I said, Akira has has plenty of time in this future world to open up to others. I'd rather she'd be a Godmother because she is close to the parents, not out of obligation to who she was friends with generations ago.

Bolded: That's a good one .
Also, has anyone thought that perhaps the godmother wasn't Akira, but was Satomi's future wife?

I know that would usually make Satomi the godfather, but perhaps they just specifically asked for his wife to be the godmother and not him?

It's a longshot, but any idea.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-16, 01:33   Link #251
Kurohane

Quote:
You know it's true. Coffee and Sugar, Ham and Eggs. Haruto and L-Elf had a level of trust and Haruto was no longer hesitating by the end of Cour 1.

Akira could do that but who would care about faceless descendants in the fanbase? Right now Shoko is the most important person in her life that isn't her brother. So it makes sense that she would watch over Shoko's line out of their friendship and how Shoko changed Akira's life for the better.
Well obviously the characters as they actually exist in their world. We don't have to, because we know it's fiction. Yes, right now, Shoko is Akira's inspiration of sorts, but what about in this future world? You'd think she wouldn't be friends with these descendants, and actually be a Godmother because of that closeness. I don't understand why people want to put her friendship with Shoko on a such high pedestal that the major reason Akira could be a Godmother is because Shoko is involved, not that she's actually close to the parents, as a Godmother usually is.

Quote:
Also, has anyone thought that perhaps the godmother wasn't Akira, but was Satomi's future wife?

I know that would usually make Satomi the godfather, but perhaps they just specifically asked for his wife to be the godmother and not him?

Possible, but it could just be the kid doesn't respect Satomi as many characters don't.
Old 2013-11-16, 01:33   Link #252
~BC~

Quote:

I thought we discussed that in the episode thread when it first aired. We were trying to figure out if the prince was calling Saki the godmother leading to jokes about Saki being married to Satomi.
Old 2013-11-16, 01:36   Link #253
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
I thought we discussed that in the episode thread when it first aired. We were trying to figure out if the prince was calling Saki the godmother leading to jokes about Saki being married to Satomi.
Well, I'm saying that the woman he may be talking about may not be Akira and definitely isn't Saki. I'm saying it might be someone else.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-16, 01:39   Link #254
Kurohane

Quote:
Well, I'm saying that the woman he may be talking about may not be Akira and definitely isn't Saki. I'm saying it might be someone else.
It's possible. It could be even Takahi for all we know. Akira is assumed to be the Godmother as she seems to be the likely choice.
Old 2013-11-17, 01:26   Link #255
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
It's possible. It could be even Takahi for all we know. Akira is assumed to be the Godmother as she seems to be the likely choice.
What if Iori married Satomi?

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-11-17, 07:52   Link #256
alluka

Despite what the preview showed, I'm still thinking Lieselotte won't die, but she may refuse L-Elf's offer probably because of the "punishment", maybe the magius rune oven keeps her alive, and she she can't leave without it.

What is the most probable is a lot of people will be dying next episode or the one after it because Q-vier is coming (the Aina episode happened at the 7th episode of S1, and next week we have the 6th of S2) so I'm expecting a lot of JIORian canon fodder to bite the dust soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Sadly, they totally forgot about Iori and the rest of the JIORians to focus on the plot. I don't mind it but the side characters is suffering from it. We didn't see Akira's reaction to Marie's death, we still DON'T KNOW IF WE'LL KNOW what shoko's father's last words were, Kriemhild being a former royalist just... came from nowhere (no, the braid wasn't a proof) and I'm still waiting for Thunder's development.

Last edited by alluka; 2013-11-17 at 09:28.
Old 2013-11-17, 08:53   Link #257
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
There is also Takahi.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-11-18, 00:44   Link #258
Key Board
Carbon

Krim being a royalist was kinda hinted because
1) she was snooping around Cain(ok, this is vague I admit)
2) Lieselotte said she had one or two friends on the outside

On another note, who thinks that H-Neun's ear triggered a signal that was sent to not Krim, but rather X-Eins?

As for Lieselotte. Upon consideration I don't think she will die, but that rune oven is probably keeping her on a leash.
So she will reject L-Elf's proposal

There's also this

Spoiler:

Step 4 is...?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2013-11-18 at 01:01.
Old 2013-11-18, 02:28   Link #259
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
There's also this

Spoiler:

Step 4 is...?
Those scenes have nothing in common.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-11-18, 02:53   Link #260
Key Board
Carbon

don't be upset
clearly someone thinks they do
and the show (L-Elf) lloves visual parallels

Spoiler:
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2013-11-18 at 03:08.
Closed Thread