AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 52 46.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 36.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 13.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-03, 18:47   Link #61
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
My Current ratings for the girls are all at 85% Hiromi, 90% Noe, and 90% Aiko. I really don't want Hiromi to win, although she's a great character.

9/10 for this episode, I am so close to giving a 10 every time and perhaps that will happen soon.
Maybe we do need a Character Rating thread, only with ought the poll.

Mine:
79% Hiromi - anti-social to Noe as well as other things. (is she really a good person? is what I'm reading in her character...)
96% Noe - Why she tried I don't know. But she put her heart into it nonetheless. Go Noe.
95% Aiko - Sparkled again. Except for the little lies, she doing her best. (still, I think Noe gets this episode though)
Old 2008-02-03, 18:50   Link #62
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I like all the girls in this series a lot, and that is very unusual for me in this sort of genre. The only nit pick I have with this series is that it seems so obvious that Shinchiro is going to end up with Hiromi. I hate predictability in series like these, a failure of Clannad and Kanon 2006 in my opinion, but I still have hope that True Tears can prove me wrong.
Ah, but the right girl won in Kanon - and don't you forget it!
Old 2008-02-03, 19:22   Link #63
Oppius
Banned

Jun wants Shin to date with his sister so he can approach Hiromi. What the heck!

Although not many things happened in this episode but really good to watch. 8/10
Old 2008-02-03, 19:29   Link #64
Var
Banned

I really liked this episode for some reason, heh. The end especially. I'm interested how Ai's going to explain this or if it is the end of Nobuse and Ai.

The music used makes that end even better, which has been whats been making this show the most enjoyable. The music director is quite good.

10/10

I like Hiromi and Noe more after this episode, mostly Hiromi, but I'm still rooting for Ai.
Old 2008-02-03, 19:37   Link #65
littlekitty

Excellent episode. True Tears keeps getting better and better! I thought the part where they re-played the "first time in my room" scene (except from Hiromi's perspective) was interesting.

My Thoughts:

Akio: She's treading in some dangerous territory by putting the moves on Shin. Shin can't see anyone but Hiromi. I think that she is better with Nobuse- he is so sweet to her, and as revealed in this episode, he knows her quite well---"that plain shirt isn't like you."

What is Akio thinking, trying to cheat on a guy that has done everything right?

Noe: I really like her character and I wish we could've seen more of her in this episode. I wonder what will happen...will Shin actually date her at the request of her brother? I like the idea of Noe with Shin.

Can't wait for next week!

Side Note: Does anyone know where Akio goes to school? Her uniform is different...

Last edited by littlekitty; 2008-02-03 at 19:58.
Old 2008-02-03, 19:50   Link #66
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
Jun wants Shin to date with his sister so he can approach Hiromi. What the heck!

Although not many things happened in this episode but really good to watch. 8/10
nonono! Where did you get that Idea. jun wants Shin to date Noe. it was Shin who tried to show him how stupid his request was by also suggesting an absurd request. Of course, It backfired on him.
Old 2008-02-03, 19:51   Link #67
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
Jun wants Shin to date with his sister so he can approach Hiromi. What the heck!...
I don't think so. I think he wants Shin to date his sister for some reason we don't know, and he is willing to date Hiromi (whom he barely knows but thinks is cute) if that's what it takes.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't notice golthin had already posted. I don't want to seem like we're ganging up, lol. In any case, I want to know more about Jun: is he a good guy or not? Why does he want Shin to date his sister: just so she has some more of that light in her life she mentioned in the first scene at her home?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-02-03, 20:10   Link #68
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

OMG

Spoiler for omg:

Spoiler for omg:

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-02-03 at 20:27. Reason: yuck
Old 2008-02-03, 20:14   Link #69
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekitty View Post
just because he does things right does not mean he is the right fir for her. Im not saying what she is doing is right it's defenitly wrong ,but sometimes the heart wants what the heart wants.

Also Nobuse for the right that he does gets on my nerves pretty fast. What is it with trying to make sub-characters into a main charcater. Subs should just stay that. And yes this does include #4.
Old 2008-02-03, 20:24   Link #70
golthin

Quote:
Excellent episode. True Tears keeps getting better and better! I thought the part where they re-played the "first time in my room" scene (except from Hiromi's perspective) was interesting.

My Thoughts:

Akio: She's treading in some dangerous territory by putting the moves on Shin. Shin can't see anyone but Hiromi. I think that she is better with Nobuse- he is so sweet to her, and as revealed in this episode, he knows her quite well---"that plain shirt isn't like you."

Actually, Nobuse thinks he know her well! He is madly in love with her and he of course want to let Aiko know that he "knows" everything about her. It is obvious he doesn't know the true Aiko.
I give him points for trying hard, he really loves her but they are not a good match. She is bored to death when she is alone with him. They have chemistry "when" shin is around because he is the object of her affection.
Old 2008-02-03, 20:41   Link #71
littlekitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
just because he does things right does not mean he is the right fir for her. Im not saying what she is doing is right it's defenitly wrong ,but sometimes the heart wants what the heart wants.
Yeah, I agree with you here. Akio probably can't help the way she feels. I just think she needs to realize the position she's in before acting on those feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Actually, Nobuse thinks he know her well! He is madly in love with her and he of course want to let Aiko know that he "knows" everything about her. It is obvious he doesn't know the true Aiko.
I give him points for trying hard, he really loves her but they are not a good match. She is bored to death when she is alone with him. They have chemistry "when" shin is around because he is the object of her affection.
Hmm... you may be right. I'm probably reading in to things a bit much. I just think it would be quite interesting if in reality, Nobuse knows Akio quite well (and may even know about her feelings for Shin, but covers it up), and Akio needs to realize that Nobuse has always been there for her.

Who knows? (unless, of course, you've read the manga or played the game) With this anime, anything's possible!

Last edited by littlekitty; 2008-02-03 at 21:15.
Old 2008-02-03, 20:58   Link #72
Var
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I agree with you here. Akio probably can't help the way she feels. I just think she needs to realize the position she's in before acting on those feelings.

Hmm... you may be right be right. I'm probably reading in to things a bit much. I just think it would be quite interesting if in reality, Nobuse knows Akio quite well (and may even know about her feelings for Shin, but covers it up), and Akio needs to realize that Nobuse has always been there for her.

Who knows? (unless, of course, you've read the manga or played the game) With this anime, anything's possible!
More like he's been following her everywhere. He is obsessive, that isn't exactly a good quality. From what has been shown so far, he doesn't know all that much about her. It looks more like he's in his own dream and believing that he knows her well and that she returns his affection.

He is always happy around her but you see no such happiness in Ai, unless Shin appears. So, if he knows everything about her, he is also clearly blind as he doesn't see her facial expression.
Old 2008-02-03, 22:03   Link #73
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
More like he's been following her everywhere. He is obsessive, that isn't exactly a good quality. From what has been shown so far, he doesn't know all that much about her. It looks more like he's in his own dream and believing that he knows her well and that she returns his affection.

He is always happy around her but you see no such happiness in Ai, unless Shin appears. So, if he knows everything about her, he is also clearly blind as he doesn't see her facial expression.
or simple he does not want to see it. Or chooses to ignore it. Many people in real life are like that. There just happy being with that person even i fthere being used.
Old 2008-02-03, 22:31   Link #74
Shadowfox79
High5 attack: Lose 5555HP

Send a message via AIM to Shadowfox79
I can't help but feel sorry for Nobuse, he really is trying hard to have a nice relationship with Akio, and his feelings are sincere. And he has his eyes only for her, he doesn't seem to be wavering for any other girls but her. But then again, this is probably at a line where it could be seen as obsessive, idk, I don't think its obsessiveness, but I can see why some other might think that. But Nobuse hasn't really had a deep and serious conversation/situation with Akio (except when they saw Shinichiro and Noe together, he tried to cheer her up). See it still in a way hard to take him seriously since we havn't had a serious love/emotional conversation between the two. Not saying you need one to see if someone really loves someone, but it helps make some characters aware of how far a person will go for another. So far, the only love we see from Nobuse is the happy-go-lucky type. Anyways I actually do hope something drama-wise happens that might give Nobuse a chance to really show/impress Akio that might get her attention, he seems to be a very devoted type of guy, and its no doubt he cares deeply for Akio. Too bad Akio is too busy to notice.
Old 2008-02-03, 22:54   Link #75
faust123
I Beat Cherry Blossom

Don't know why you guys keep nagging on shin for being stupid. The girl he has liked FOREVER just a few days before confessed to her friend that she liked this other guy. Shin has probably been thinking about how/when to confess to hiromi for god knows how long. I think anyone who was in the same position would think this isn't the optimal time. Why would he want to put it all on the line now when it is completely reasonable to think that he will be rejected.

But I digress...........GO Ai!
Old 2008-02-03, 23:00   Link #76
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
or simple he does not want to see it. Or chooses to ignore it. Many people in real life are like that. There just happy being with that person even i fthere being used.
Good point. Didn't think of him choosing to ignore it (subconciously or conciously). But either way the reprecutions of such are rarely positive. So it doesn't really bandage the problem.... if not make it even worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfox79 View Post
I can't help but feel sorry for Nobuse, he really is trying hard to have a nice relationship with Akio, and his feelings are sincere. And he has his eyes only for her, he doesn't seem to be wavering for any other girls but her. But then again, this is probably at a line where it could be seen as obsessive, idk, I don't think its obsessiveness, but I can see why some other might think that. But Nobuse hasn't really had a deep and serious conversation/situation with Akio (except when they saw Shinichiro and Noe together, he tried to cheer her up). See it still in a way hard to take him seriously since we havn't had a serious love/emotional conversation between the two. Not saying you need one to see if someone really loves someone, but it helps make some characters aware of how far a person will go for another. So far, the only love we see from Nobuse is the happy-go-lucky type. Anyways I actually do hope something drama-wise happens that might give Nobuse a chance to really show/impress Akio that might get her attention, he seems to be a very devoted type of guy, and its no doubt he cares deeply for Akio. Too bad Akio is too busy to notice.
Its strange you say she doesn't notice him when I think she does, but not in the way he thinks. We see her reactions everytime he says/does something outrageous. So I can't say she's ignoring him.

I also think he's tried to show her how much he cares, I mean just look at what he says over and over. And I think she knows it, which is why she can't do anything about her own emotions/feelings. She basically stuck in between a rock and a hard place. No matter what route she chooses there someone who's left heartbroken.

Unless something really drastic happens, I don't see her relationship with Nobuse changing all that much for the better, at least not with plenty of regrets.
Old 2008-02-03, 23:38   Link #77
DanielSong39

Bleh, sign me up for the "anyone but Hiromi" fanclub.

So exasperating and dishonest - half the time it seems like Shin is either tensed up or feels miserable when he's around her. Surely, not the right recipe for a healthy relationship... Noe is much more clued in, though she may have (correctly) assessed that Shin is simply not good enough for her.

Hoping for both Aiko and Hiromi to meet similar ends - Nice Boat may be a bit harsh but cold reality seems fair. Sometimes you just have to be honest with the guy and tell him what you really mean.
Old 2008-02-04, 00:54   Link #78
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
When you like someone, you tend to overlook everyone else. Also, what if the best friend isn't who she likes in that way? You want her to go out with the guy out of pity? That's not very fair to him, or to her.

I'm rooting for Shin x Ai, but I know it's not possible. I'm wrong about 5% of the time on these shows on who the male lead will end up with, and well I got it wrong on one series last year. So I'm not due for another 10 years probably. Poor Ai. I'd mend her broken heart if it was possible.
Old 2008-02-04, 00:57   Link #79
SvenTheSweeper
***** YES!! *****

Good tension with the cliff hanger ending of Aiko stopping Shin from opening the door for Nobuse. Can’t wait to see what happens next. The show has been delightfully unconventional a times. Lets’ see if they can keep it up.

I have a hard time deciding which girl I better like everyone else. I love all the girls in their own way from the quirky, mischievous, innocent, and sweet Noe; to the beautiful, shy and sweet Hiromi; and the energetic and lively Aiko.

The girls in this episode looked happy look and had a sparkle in their eyes, and it’s was all due to one person, SHIN! Damn lucky guy.

It was neat to see the look from each girl. See below:
Spoiler for save space for uploading:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonSuke View Post
Spoiler:

Not really the same. But there's definitly something to this sweeter thingy. Well, japanese fetish, I guess.
Another Japanese fetish!?..... How can that ever be!?

I guess a sweeter fetish would be mild compared to other kinds of fetishes (e.g. cat ears, maid uniforms, swimsuit, salior style school uniforms, etc,. etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler:
Since Noe anointed Shin as the surrogate/stand-in for Raigomaru and Guardian Enzo described Shin as a "good boy", together in my mind, this creates a funny juxtaposition of a rooster (symbolism) and a "good boy" (description) as a way to describe Shin.

Last edited by SvenTheSweeper; 2008-02-05 at 08:11.
Old 2008-02-04, 01:31   Link #80
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Bleh, sign me up for the "anyone but Hiromi" fanclub.

So exasperating and dishonest - half the time it seems like Shin is either tensed up or feels miserable when he's around her. Surely, not the right recipe for a healthy relationship... Noe is much more clued in, though she may have (correctly) assessed that Shin is simply not good enough for her.

Hoping for both Aiko and Hiromi to meet similar ends - Nice Boat may be a bit harsh but cold reality seems fair. Sometimes you just have to be honest with the guy and tell him what you really mean.
Going on that note, why not apply the same thing to Shin? From what has shown so far, he's no better than Aiko or Hiromi from telling his feelings, on top of being super dense about Aiko and him either not noticing his mom's bullying or just purposely ignoring it. Nice Boat for him too?

Or maybe like should end up with like, and thus Shin should end up with either Aiko or Hiromi because both are like him? I'm pretty sure Noe is 'above' Aiko and Hiromi in your eyes; so don't you think she's too good for Shin being that Shin is as worse as the other two girls?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Closed Thread