2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.43%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-26, 09:48   Link #261
miles316

Smile gundam oo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuk View Post
Disappointed in the meisters performance. Setsuna should have blasted the carrier the moment he came through the water, not charged at it. I guess the meisters will improve though
Gundam oo and arios do not have any large weapons like teria and lockons suits have it would take them a while to decimate a large ship like a carrier. The beam weapons on oo and Arios are designed for close quarters fighting and aerial combat not anti ship operations.

Last edited by miles316; 2008-10-26 at 10:04.
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 09:49   Link #262
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
It's a bit weird to see Graham coming from a western background, suddenly adopting a japanese theme for his outfit and mecha.
The weird thing is Mr.Bushido
Old 2008-10-26, 09:50   Link #263
Celestial
妹ちゃん

The Masked Man's name might not be 'Mister Bushido', but rather, something like "Mester Bushido" or "Mestah Bushido".
Celestial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 09:52   Link #264
NyxOne

Why would it be? "Mr." is pronounced "Misuta", and that's exactly how both Arthur and Arba uttered it as.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 09:54   Link #265
Celestial
妹ちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
Why would it be? "Mr." is pronounced "Misuta", and that's exactly how both Arthur and Arba uttered it as.
We all know how Japanese romanizes English names, and how many possibilities there are to what the actual name or word is.
Old 2008-10-26, 09:56   Link #266
NyxOne

If it were "Mester" or "Mestah", the phonetics would have been different. Arthur and Arba clearly say "MI-su-ta", not "Meh-etc".
Old 2008-10-26, 09:56   Link #267
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
"This feeling... IT'S LOVE!!!!!"

The crack is still strong within you.

But then what's he to do then? Musou's gonna be a harem to him already, though with Musha being the destined one.

Then Musha Mk2 comes in...
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 09:57   Link #268
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm fine with that, and i'm glad i'm not alone.
I always thought that Masked Man was a cool name
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami Haru View Post
It was mentioned in the second Drama CD that he was a fan of the Samurai "life-style" and he adopted it to how he acted.
Does that mean that he is an otaku?

By the way, does any one else get the feeling that the Meisters might leave CB?

-Setsuna seems to want to go with Marina
-Lockon is with Kataron
-Allelujah wants to get Soma back
-Tieria is related to the Innovators

it seems like each one might go on a sepreat path
Old 2008-10-26, 09:57   Link #269
NyxOne

Well, CB is pretty useless without its Meisters, isn't it?
Old 2008-10-26, 10:00   Link #270
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl

Ptolemy does have better defences that it's predecessor, but without the Gundams it'd be kind of screwed pretty quickly. I'd have said the Meisters will go their own separate ways, but only once their mission's completed.
Seibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 10:08   Link #271
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
The crack is still strong within you.

But then what's he to do then? Musou's gonna be a harem to him already, though with Musha being the destined one.

Then Musha Mk2 comes in...
When has it not? :P

I just shudder to think what would happen if he saw the Astray Red and the Gerbera Straight...

A Harem of Samurai-themed Gundams?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 10:09   Link #272
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
The weird thing is Mr.Bushido
OK, is that really his name? Or are the A-Laws people just mocking him, and gave him a nickname?
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 10:09   Link #273
miles316

Smile ship weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibee View Post
Ptolemy does have better defences that it's predecessor, but without the Gundams it'd be kind of screwed pretty quickly. I'd have said the Meisters will go their own separate ways, but only once their mission's completed.
does the Ptolemy have any ship mounted beam weapons. When the Ptolemy does its death plunge in episode 3 did it fire the shot that destroyed the hanger or was it Lockon firing from the catapult deck of the ship.
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 10:11   Link #274
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles316 View Post
does the Ptolemy have any ship mounted beam weapons. When the Ptolemy does its death plunge in episode 3 did it fire the shot that destroyed the hanger or was it Lockon firing from the catapult deck of the ship.
Considering there were 2 large beam shots fired, it's safe to say that the Ptolemy was the one that fired those shots, especially since Cherudim had already launched along with the Seravee and 00.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-10-26, 10:11   Link #275
NyxOne

We never saw what fired that shot, but I assume it was the Cherudim. The Ptolemy's only weapons have always been those missiles.

EDIT: Lowe beat me to the punch...I'm still unsure, however, though seeing as Lyle had gone off to his planned position, probably...eh.
Old 2008-10-26, 10:12   Link #276
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles316 View Post
My guess is that it was Cherudim. I could be wrong, but it did look like the beam from it's sniper rifle thingie..
Seibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 10:14   Link #277
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
We never saw what fired that shot, but I assume it was the Cherudim. The Ptolemy's only weapons have always been those missiles.
Cherudim had already launched with the Seravee and 00 though, otherwise we would've seen Cherudim departing the launch deck AFTER the Ptolemy splashed down into the water. And given that we see the A-Laws ship exchanging fire with an enemy that was firing pink beams from the direction of the sea, which could neither be the Cherudim or Seravee due to their location, it's safe to say the Ptolemy possessed those beam weapons.

There's also the fact that there were TWO beams shot, and yet Cherudim only carries 1 GN Beam Sniper Rifle.

Old 2008-10-26, 10:15   Link #278
Celestial
妹ちゃん

Quote:
If it were "Mester" or "Mestah", the phonetics would have been different. Arthur and Arba clearly say "MI-su-ta", not "Meh-etc".
You know, you can actually pronounce "Mestah" or "Mester" as "Mee-stah" or "Mee-suta". I mean, Japanese pronounciation and corruption, see?
Old 2008-10-26, 10:16   Link #279
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
A Harem of Samurai-themed Gundams?
Well the basic Gundam designs have been rooted in a Samurai theme, so it's just a case of 'even more so' with those armed with katanas.

I can already imagine his Original Mode campaign...
1st mission in Flag, and he bears witness to ownage by every main character in the franchise...
"My heart has been stolen by your outstanding performances!"
Ok I'm taking this too far. XD
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 10:18   Link #280
kari-no-sugata

Some more thoughts on Marina and Setsuna

In her first scene in the ep, Marina thanks CB for rescuing her just now and also for 5 years ago when they intervened in Azadistan's civil war. She says it was wonderful how they managed to stop the war without fighting. (Ahh, polite and thoughful. She's a good person).

Setsuna's reaction - "never mind that, what are you going to do now?"

She says that because Azadistan didn't sign up to join the Feds things have gone from bad to worse. She mentions something about the conservative faction. IIRC they were always causing her problems and most certainly prevented joining up with the Feds - not sure if Marina supported joining or not. Anyway, she wants to go back, even if it means Azadistan might get intervened against.

On a side note, if Azadistan never joined the Feds then they just kidnapped and imprisoned a foreign head of state they have no legal jurisdiction over. That's seriously arrogant.

I like how flatly both Setsuna and Marina respond to Mileina's "'scuse me but are you in love!?" (and no Marina looking hurt at how Setsuna responds either). Mileina wonders if her "mainden's intuition" (rather than woman's intuition) was off. Kinda feels like the screen-writers trying to say to Marina x Setsuna shippers - "full steam ahead!"

Later, Marina is wondering what she can do when Setsuna finds her. She asks him if he'll return with her to Azadistan to help re-build the country but he refuses and says he can only fight, to which Marina thinks that fighting can't create anything. Setsuna says he used to agree but changed his mind after joining CB - that with Gundam he can do something good through fighting.

The thing I find about their discussion is that Marina never strongly pushes back against CB's methods. She certainly doesn't act like she thinks they'd bad people for example. Feels more like she is trying to understand their (well, mostly Setsuna's) viewpoint and is willing to offer them/him an alternative.

Basically, it really doesn't feel like they're at opposite ends of the spectrum or something like that. In fact, their views are almost aligning.

If, as seems quite possible, Ali razes the capital of Azadistan, then (a) Marina's going to be furious (don't make a "mother" angry!) and (b) effectively going to have more freedom than ever to push her side since Ali might have just killed most of her conservative opposition. The way Klaus talks of Marina and the way Shirin views Marina, I really think Marina could become the political head of Kataron quite easily. Would she be willing to put Azadistan itself against A-LAWS though?

Anyway, while I normally don't like them, will we see Gundam's traditional "broadcast to the world that changes the world" with Marina? To be honest, I'm starting to look forwards to it.