AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-05, 10:06   Link #41
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Any news & updates about the FMA OVA lately?
Old 2010-04-08, 07:16   Link #42
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Afaik the third one will be released with the 9th Dvd/Bluray on the 21. April.
Wonder what that will be about.

Finally watched the first two OVAs and they were a pleasent surprise. I don't expect too much from extra OVA anymore, since their mostly just a nice extra without any substance. But these are really worth watching.

The Blind Alchemist was really good. I was waiting for the twist from the first minute on, but I didn't expect THAT. Also awesome use of the first main theme.

Simple People entertained me nicely, too. I had heard of the story of the earrings and hair before, but it's nice to see it finally. Also nice trivia that Hawkeye actually had her hair open until she thought that it gets in the way~
The way Winry and Ed used to fight is also a nice contrast to the way they treat each other now. Still a little childish, but still mature.

I didn't like the last line so much, though. It just should have ended with "Reasons are always simple."
Old 2010-04-12, 10:35   Link #43
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The third OVA is "Tales of the Master". It's about Ed and Al's training days with Izumi when they were young.

Edit: The fourth and final OVA with Vol13 should be about how Mustang and Hughes first met.
Old 2010-04-12, 10:50   Link #44
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The third OVA is "Tales of the Master". It's about Ed and Al's training days with Izumi when they were young.
...If it's a direct adaptation of the Tales of the Master Gaiden (like the first two OVAs were) then it's about Izumi's training in Briggs, and Ed and Al will be nowhere to be seen.
Old 2010-04-12, 14:45   Link #45
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
...If it's a direct adaptation of the Tales of the Master Gaiden (like the first two OVAs were) then it's about Izumi's training in Briggs, and Ed and Al will be nowhere to be seen.
Well I personally don't think we need another seperate OVA on their training, we had that whole flashback arc and everything. So I'd like that Izumi-centric OVA, it'll be interesting
Old 2010-04-12, 15:05   Link #46
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Well I personally don't think we need another seperate OVA on their training, we had that whole flashback arc and everything. So I'd like that Izumi-centric OVA, it'll be interesting
Well tbh their training arc was terribly poorly done in Brotherhood. The rushedness, lack of Mason and Ed having the epiphany by freaking eating ants totally killed it for me. If I ever wanna watch that part animated again, I'll definitely go for the first series' version of it, which was much more well done and faithful to the manga for once.

But yeah, even though Izumi isn't really one of my favorites, her Gaiden was pretty fun and interesting, so I'd like to see it animated.

And about the forth OVA being with Roy and Hughes, I suspect it might actually be the Gaiden "His Battlefield Once More", which I absolutely love and would definitely want to see animated. It's great for Roy and perhaps even greater for Hughes, who gets quite serious and emotional in it for a change.
Old 2010-04-12, 15:08   Link #47
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Well tbh their training arc was terribly poorly done in Brotherhood. The rushedness, lack of Mason and Ed having the epiphany by freaking eating ants totally killed it for me. If I ever wanna watch that part animated again, I'll definitely go for the first series' version of it, which was much more well done and faithful to the manga for once.

But yeah, even though Izumi isn't really one of my favorites, her Gaiden was pretty fun and interesting, so I'd like to see it animated.

And about the forth OVA being with Roy and Hughes, I suspect it might actually be the Gaiden "His Battlefield Once More", which I absolutely love and would definitely want to see animated. It's great for Roy and perhaps even greater for Hughes, who gets quite serious and emotional in it for a change.
Heh, I never cared for that arc even in the manga... I even might have skipped it in Brotherhood, I barely remember O.O

Ooooh, the last one's gonna be Roy and Hughes? I missed that, I'm really excited now. I love anything to do with that pair, especially in Ishval, they had such a lovely friendship. As a plus, I never read that gaiden... Are there any release dates available?
Old 2010-04-12, 16:48   Link #48
Vicious108

Quote:
Heh, I never cared for that arc even in the manga... I even might have skipped it in Brotherhood, I barely remember O.O

Ooooh, the last one's gonna be Roy and Hughes?
Eh I'm just going along and especulating with what duckroll said.

And being such a Roy fan, you should definitely check out His Battlefield Once More. It tops all his other scenes with Hughes in Ishval IMO.
Old 2010-04-12, 21:54   Link #49
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Wow, you're right. I misread the description. It's about Izumi's training in her youth. I blame the text for redundantly referring to her as Ed and Al's master!
Old 2010-04-13, 05:31   Link #50
Ziziphus
Whatever

About the last OVA, it'll be included in Volume 13 of the BD/DVD release on August 25th.

It sounds like anime original to me. We're never told how Roy and Hughes first met in the manga. But they can also include "His Battlefield Once More" in this OVA because it's rather short.

Quote:
Eh I'm just going along and especulating with what duckroll said.

And being such a Roy fan, you should definitely check out His Battlefield Once More. It tops all his other scenes with Hughes in Ishval IMO.
I don't know if you've watched this, it's a flash animation of the gaiden "His Battlefield Once More" from ganganonline. It's amazing!

http://www.square-enix.com/jp/magazi...v/auth720.html
Old 2010-04-13, 08:59   Link #51
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Yay for Huhges!
Old 2010-04-13, 11:45   Link #52
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post
I don't know if you've watched this, it's a flash animation of the gaiden "His Battlefield Once More" from ganganonline. It's amazing!

Yeah, I have. Wish it was translated, but it indeed still pretty awesome.
Old 2010-04-13, 15:01   Link #53
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
About the last OVA, it'll be included in Volume 13 of the BD/DVD release on August 25th.

It sounds like anime original to me. We're never told how Roy and Hughes first met in the manga. But they can also include "His Battlefield Once More" in this OVA because it's rather short.

Thanks for that link, it was great! I've been looking for that one for a while. I loved the ending
Old 2010-04-14, 09:23   Link #54
Jeffry2009
Banned

Quote:

Oh come on, it could be a long wait to me.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2010-04-17 at 08:36.
Old 2010-04-14, 12:55   Link #55
Ziziphus
Whatever

Quote:
Thanks for that link, it was great! I've been looking for that one for a while. I loved the ending
Yeah, the ending was great! I loved the music. But too bad there's no way to know what track they used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Oh come on, it could be a long wait to me.
It's a long wait for everyone! But if it turns out to be a great OVA then it's worth the wait.
Old 2010-04-28, 01:04   Link #56
Vicious108

Just watched Tales of the Master. Pretty good adaption of the gaiden.

...Certainly wasn't expecting that anime original scene after the credits though. That was pretty funny, definitely a good addition.

Hopefully OVA 4, which seems to be about anime original stuff, will also be as good.
Old 2010-04-28, 01:13   Link #57
xellos2099

I just watch the fma ova 3 where Izumi is training on mountain, it mainly talk about why she is training on mountain, something about trying to get someone to teach her alchemy, she was nearly die of starvation up there. Then she hunt down a bear and at the end she meet Seig.
Old 2010-04-28, 01:47   Link #58
Jeffry2009
Banned

OVA 3 sub is finally out.
Old 2010-04-28, 03:27   Link #59
blewin

so what's the title of OVA 3?

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-04-28, 05:19   Link #60
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.