AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-06, 02:34   Link #11261
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
How do you think Tatsuya have been creating new magic? His magic abilities sucks.

How can you be sure that Miyuki didnt inherite Miya's magic and how can you be sure that Tatsuya cant help develop the same or mostly the same as Miya?

If Tatsuya can remember the experiment;he might remember the activation/magic sequence.

Tatsuya's abilities are limited but excellent. He uses his magic abilities to create new magic, not just his intellect. If you take away his magic abilties, his limitless intellect would be for naught.

It has been stated before that two Yotsuba's have different abilities. Miyuki inherited her mother's mental interference magic but in a different form. Miyuki cannot copy her mother's magic.

Even if Tatsuya remembers the activation sequence, he still cannot use the magic. The magic of the Yotsuba are exclusive only to them.

Cocytus is exclusive only to Miyuki

Decomposition is exclusive only to Tatsuya

Meteor Line is exclusive only to Maya

Mental Design Interference is exclusive only Miya

Innate magic cannot be copy even if the activation sequence is available.
Old 2014-03-06, 02:38   Link #11262
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
FINALLY! Someone as fascinated with Genzou as I am. Yeah, I agree, Genzou's probably the family member I've seen that is most similar to Tatsuya. Heck, I'm even going so far as to speculate that if we ever got a chance to see what the old man looked like we'd probably see more similarities between him and his monstrous grandson than with the boy and his father Tatsurou.

Also, I think the biggest irony in the whole Yotsuba household is that Tatsuya, as much he or anyone wants to deny it, definitely thinks and acts the most like a Yotsuba. More than Miyuki, he seems to embody all of their ideals.
In terms of Yotsuba, Tatsuya inherited all of their beliefs and acts according to the mandate of the family that treats him like crap.

If Genzou is still alive, I think Tatsuya would not have his number stripped from him.
Old 2014-03-06, 02:39   Link #11263
hakazee

Quote:
Mizuki's family have been stated to be a normal family, shes the normal moe of the cast.
I see. So Mizuki is the most normal one in Tatsuya's group.

Quote:
I pray it never goes there, but this is definitely a real possibility. Especially with how often Tatsuya says "No one can harm me"--that's usually a flag for someone destined to fall in an ironic manner.

If Tatsuya does fall in the end, I'm betting it will be by the hands of someone completely unremarkable. Adds an extra bite to the whole scene. The powerful Shiba Tatsuya brought down by a chump. Like Achilles being brought down by Paris, Balder by a twig of mistletoe, or like Xiang Yu being brought down by Liu Bang.

But I'd REALLY prefer he turn into the Supreme Lord of East Asia.
On Banasura, Krishna neutralized Shiva's weapons with his Sudarshan Chakra, defeated Him and Shiva begged for mercy for Banasura.
Old 2014-03-06, 02:49   Link #11264
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Tatsuya's abilities are limited but excellent. He uses his magic abilities to create new magic, not just his intellect. If you take away his magic abilties, his limitless intellect would be for naught.

It has been stated before that two Yotsuba's have different abilities. Miyuki inherited her mother's mental interference magic but in a different form. Miyuki cannot copy her mother's magic.

Even if Tatsuya remembers the activation sequence, he still cannot use the magic. The magic of the Yotsuba are exclusive only to them.

Cocytus is exclusive only to Miyuki

Decomposition is exclusive only to Tatsuya

Meteor Line is exclusive only to Maya

Mental Design Interference is exclusive only Miya

Innate magic cannot be copy even if the activation sequence is available.
Nah hes magic is crap that; hes a failed magician remember. The reason he can create magic is because he can see activation/magic sequence and alter them the way he wants; if he ever lose his power he can use Miyuki to make new magics; she can read/see what Tatsuya can see; if Tatsuya can imagine the magic sequence it ia possible for Miyuki to see it.

Then you still cant deny the fact that Miyuki can still be able to copy it with the help of Tatsuya. All you need ia a magic sequence, a cad and a person bless to use lunar magic.

The only reason why their magic is for them to use is either they are bs magician or the magic sequence wasnt open to the public; there are people who are bless to use decomposition; its not limited to Tatsuya, only diffirence is that most of his calculation area is covered by it, so its power is above people who can use it normally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
I see. So Mizuki is the most normal one in Tatsuya's group.
What do you expect big breast,meganeko,shy and has a psuedo genki friend?
Of course she would be most normal of them#!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-03-06, 03:05   Link #11265
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Nah hes magic is crap that; hes a failed magician remember. The reason he can create magic is because he can see activation/magic sequence and alter them the way he wants; if he ever lose his power he can use Miyuki to make new magics; she can read/see what Tatsuya can see; if Tatsuya can imagine the magic sequence it ia possible for Miyuki to see it.

Then you still cant deny the fact that Miyuki can still be able to copy it with the help of Tatsuya. All you need ia a magic sequence, a cad and a person bless to use lunar magic.

The only reason why their magic is for them to use is either they are bs magician or the magic sequence wasnt open to the public; there are people who are bless to use decomposition; its not limited to Tatsuya, only diffirence is that most of his calculation area is covered by it, so its power is above people who can use it normally.
It doesn't work that way. Remember what Tatsuya said in Volume 12, a person needs to be capable of magic to create magic spells and to even tune CADs....

Okay, Tatsuya still has Miyuki, so what? Miyuki is not Tatsuya. Miyuki is not as smart as Tatsuya and their abilities are totally different from the other. Miyuki, even if Tatsuya explain it to her word per word, won't be able to completely grasped complicated magic theory that Tatsuya comes up with. Also, if Tatsuya becomes a normal person, how can he read Psion.

As for the magic, even if a magician knows the activation sequence, magic sequence is actual the result of activation sequence by the way, it is impossible for them to replicate certain magic. If Decomposition can be grasped normally, then a lot of magicians would be using it, not just Tatsuya. If Cocytus can be used by other, it would have been use widespread already. Also, if Meteor Line can be used by anyone, then the Juumonji clan would have already develop a defense against it. There are some magics that are innate in Mahouka that only the original magician could wield. Decomposition, Meteor Line, Cocytus are example of those magic.
Old 2014-03-06, 03:14   Link #11266
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I think she loved her son. I always got the impression that she did the experiment to save him. When it didn't work she probably just lost heart.

and thank you!
Another one?! Damn, where have you been all this time. QwQ I agree, I believe there's more to Miya than meets the eye. We'll probably be seeing more of her in the future--the Untouchable chapter ended way too abruptly, and a lot about the Yotsuba is still clouded in mystery.

Here's my theory. It's mostly bullshit, but please just let me get this out:

Miya actually did love her son. She may not have loved her husband, but she did love her son by him. Miya, Tatsuya, and Miyuki all lived together, and her two children were growing very close.And she probably didn't even care about his lack of magical ability in the beginning. But Maya, either through a combination of reason, force, and guilt-tripping, convinced her to subject her son to the experiment that robbed him of his humanity. She was against it at first, but decided to go through with it because she felt compelled to, or maybe Tatsuya himself thought it was a risk worth taking--even after his mother carefully explained the risks--because the boy loved magic and wanted to be able to use it too. Mother and son share a few moments, maybe even spending a day out together, and enter into a kind of agreement: which I'm imagining to be something like Tatsuya asking his mother not to love him, because according to her he won't be able to love her back after it, and to focus all of the love she had onto Miyuki. She was at first resistant to the idea, but Tatsuya proved to be right: as time went by, it became increasingly difficult for her to treat him like her son. The boy just isn't the same as before. He is unable to see her anything more than "the mother who bore me". She was already affected by the experiment, but seeing her son turn into what he is, broke her more which led to the further deterioration of her mind as she abused her magic--maybe even casting a spell on herself to make her cold and numb in regards to him. Her feelings weren't going to make things easier for her. Her son is literally incapable of caring more for her because of what she herself had done. What's done is done. She cannot forgive herself. But it wasn't going to change anything, and her lingering feelings for her son isn't going to help her raise her daughter. So she hardened herself and in time this got easier. However; there are still hints of her continuing to love Tatsuya--at least to the farthest extent she is capable of. And she seemed to zone out when she spoke to Miyuki about him. It felt like she was pulling her words from this pre-written box of appropriate responses.

I would also like to add another dimension to the reason for subjecting Tatsuya to the experiment: it may really have been for his own good. At least according to the clan. Tatsuya was probably never a normal child, and again I'll repeat what I said before about me being disturbed by the fact that he was experimenting on the very concept of matter when he was 5. What on earth was he decomposing? Furniture? Or something a little worse? Regardless, his abilities were dangerous, and perhaps maybe his natural temperament was dangerous too. What if, like a lot of kids, he was impulsive and prone to emotional outbursts? Yes, he was intelligent, but he's a kid--sometimes he can't help himself. Unfortunately, with his kind of powers when he's enraged there's a good chance of someone getting killed. It needs to be tempered. He needs to be restrained. What's more, things are even worse when he's with his sister. Even as children they were showing tremendous potential...the Yotsuba aren't just raising one dragon but two, and I have a feeling there was an incident of sorts, probably involving someone getting killed or Tatsuya being an overprotective brother even as a boy, that convinced the clan higher-ups to set them apart and find a way to check their powers. Maybe this incident was even part of the reasons Maya used to convince her sister to put her child on the table. Before she did, she also had to do one more thing: she was to or prevent her children from accessing their memories of the time they spent as siblings. "Boxing" them into little memory compartments. For Miyuki this contains all of her earliest memories of her brother, and for Tatsuya this includes not only his earliest memories of Miyuki, but also the memories of that incident and of his time with his mother because to have access to them will just complicate things. And the rest is history.
Old 2014-03-06, 03:49   Link #11267
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
On Banasura, Krishna neutralized Shiva's weapons with his Sudarshan Chakra, defeated Him and Shiva begged for mercy for Banasura.
I love it when we talk about this stuff^^. Yes, Banasura. The arrogant asura. The mighty often fall in the most unexpected ways.

Also, speaking of mythology, here's a few other ideas:

1) Takuma turning into a full-blown nightmarish antagonist. This is because his name kinda sounds like "akuma" and I'm kind of amusing myself on the idea of him being a Tarakasura analogue. Also, his personality makes me feel like he's ripe for a demon possession.

2) Tatsuya also sharing attributes with Odin. Shiva is held to be the prototype for the deity that eventually evolves into Odin; it isn't a deep connection, it's not as heavy as his Shiva parallels, but the reason I thought of tying them together was because of the Kuroba twins. Two crows...two ravens. Especially ones who seem to specialize in intelligence gathering. (But if Tatsuya loses an eye for whatever reason, I'm definitely making the connection.)

3) Most of Tatsuya's friends being inspired by, or are meant to represent ,Vishnu and his Avatars. This one I'm not so sure of as I know very little about the Avatars. At first I was just amusing myself with Leo...Leo was the closest thing to a Vishnu parallel I found, as Vishnu was a handsome, fun-time god who loved to laugh...Leo is a handsome, fun guy who likes to have fun and was Shiva's good friend...and then there's the fact that Vishnu had a lion-man avatar. But aside from that I had little else to connect them. Then I started thinking what if most of Tatsuya's friends were inspired by a particular avatar of Vishnu? I mean I can remember Vishnu being a woman once, or Tsutomu could simply genderbend some of them to better fit them for his purposes. Who knows? Maybe Mayumi's supposed to be Krishna? But again, I don't know much about the avatars aside from the lion-man one.

4) Maya and the concept of Maya(illusion). There might be some sort of connection but I'm not sure.

5) Honoka and Shizuku being meant to represent Jaya and Vijaya. Parvati's companions.
Old 2014-03-06, 04:16   Link #11268
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
It doesn't work that way. Remember what Tatsuya said in Volume 12, a person needs to be capable of magic to create magic spells and to even tune CADs....

Okay, Tatsuya still has Miyuki, so what? Miyuki is not Tatsuya. Miyuki is not as smart as Tatsuya and their abilities are totally different from the other. Miyuki, even if Tatsuya explain it to her word per word, won't be able to completely grasped complicated magic theory that Tatsuya comes up with. Also, if Tatsuya becomes a normal person, how can he read Psion.

As for the magic, even if a magician knows the activation sequence, magic sequence is actual the result of activation sequence by the way, it is impossible for them to replicate certain magic. If Decomposition can be grasped normally, then a lot of magicians would be using it, not just Tatsuya. If Cocytus can be used by other, it would have been use widespread already. Also, if Meteor Line can be used by anyone, then the Juumonji clan would have already develop a defense against it. There are some magics that are innate in Mahouka that only the original magician could wield. Decomposition, Meteor Line, Cocytus are example of those magic.
Big difference is that Tatsuya have ES which normal people doesnt have; Miyuki and Tatsuya are still bound by a seal; even if Tatsuya cant use magic anymore, he still has innate infinite psion count. Bside Miyuki can see/feel what Tatsuya see/feel when she is near Tatsuya;theres possibility of Tatsuya creating magic by using those advantage.

Iam pretty sure it can be pass down if they know the activation sequence; like phalanx,rupture which are pass down to generation. Dont forget that Tatsuya is a bs magician thats why his deconposition magic are stronger than anyone in history. If given the same calculating area,psion count alot of people can use decompositon, not only Tatsuya. Honka can possibly wield meteor line you know; Tatsuya know this too;

Do you think the Yotsuba would just reveal their magics activation sequence? Iam pretty sure no one would reveal their personal magic to anyone till they die. Bcuz itz what made them unique.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-03-06, 04:31   Link #11269
Ultragunner

Quote:
Another one?! Damn, where have you been all this time. QwQ I agree, I believe there's more to Miya than meets the eye. We'll probably be seeing more of her in the future--the Untouchable chapter ended way too abruptly, and a lot about the Yotsuba is still clouded in mystery.

Here's my theory. It's mostly bullshit, but please just let me get this out:

Miya actually did love her son. She may not have loved her husband, but she did love her son by him. Miya, Tatsuya, and Miyuki all lived together, and her two children were growing very close.And she probably didn't even care about his lack of magical ability in the beginning. But Maya, either through a combination of reason, force, and guilt-tripping, convinced her to subject her son to the experiment that robbed him of his humanity. She was against it at first, but decided to go through with it because she felt compelled to, or maybe Tatsuya himself thought it was a risk worth taking--even after his mother carefully explained the risks--because the boy loved magic and wanted to be able to use it too. Mother and son share a few moments, maybe even spending a day out together, and enter into a kind of agreement: which I'm imagining to be something like Tatsuya asking his mother not to love him, because according to her he won't be able to love her back after it, and to focus all of the love she had onto Miyuki. She was at first resistant to the idea, but Tatsuya proved to be right: as time went by, it became increasingly difficult for her to treat him like her son. The boy just isn't the same as before. He is unable to see her anything more than "the mother who bore me". She was already affected by the experiment, but seeing her son turn into what he is, broke her more which led to the further deterioration of her mind as she abused her magic--maybe even casting a spell on herself to make her cold and numb in regards to him. Her feelings weren't going to make things easier for her. Her son is literally incapable of caring more for her because of what she herself had done. What's done is done. She cannot forgive herself. But it wasn't going to change anything, and her lingering feelings for her son isn't going to help her raise her daughter. So she hardened herself and in time this got easier. However; there are still hints of her continuing to love Tatsuya--at least to the farthest extent she is capable of. And she seemed to zone out when she spoke to Miyuki about him. It felt like she was pulling her words from this pre-written box of appropriate responses.

I would also like to add another dimension to the reason for subjecting Tatsuya to the experiment: it may really have been for his own good. At least according to the clan. Tatsuya was probably never a normal child, and again I'll repeat what I said before about me being disturbed by the fact that he was experimenting on the very concept of matter when he was 5. What on earth was he decomposing? Furniture? Or something a little worse? Regardless, his abilities were dangerous, and perhaps maybe his natural temperament was dangerous too. What if, like a lot of kids, he was impulsive and prone to emotional outbursts? Yes, he was intelligent, but he's a kid--sometimes he can't help himself. Unfortunately, with his kind of powers when he's enraged there's a good chance of someone getting killed. It needs to be tempered. He needs to be restrained. What's more, things are even worse when he's with his sister. Even as children they were showing tremendous potential...the Yotsuba aren't just raising one dragon but two, and I have a feeling there was an incident of sorts, probably involving someone getting killed or Tatsuya being an overprotective brother even as a boy, that convinced the clan higher-ups to set them apart and find a way to check their powers. Maybe this incident was even part of the reasons Maya used to convince her sister to put her child on the table. Before she did, she also had to do one more thing: she was to or prevent her children from accessing their memories of the time they spent as siblings. "Boxing" them into little memory compartments. For Miyuki this contains all of her earliest memories of her brother, and for Tatsuya this includes not only his earliest memories of Miyuki, but also the memories of that incident and of his time with his mother because to have access to them will just complicate things. And the rest is history.
I thought we're all in agreement that the experiment was originally executed for Tatsuya's sake. Though I like all of your speculations/theories but sometimes those are a bit overthought . Just keep in mind that Tatsuya is the eldest son of Miya, position and lineage speaking, he should have been the head candidate no. 1 (yes, the 10 Master Clans really do resemble those nobles of old). However, he cannot use magic, what a disaster!!!! So the two sisters figured they had to somehow fix it. Unfortunately, the experiment's result, despite not being a complete failure, did not meet the expectation at all.

P.S: about how Tatsuya lost his emotion, I've always thought that was an unexpected side-effect, or am I wrong? Someone please do enlighten me
Old 2014-03-06, 04:39   Link #11270
hakazee

Quote:
3) I mean I can remember Vishnu being a woman once, or Tsutomu could simply genderbend some of them to better fit them for his purposes.

4) Maya and the concept of Maya(illusion). There might be some sort of connection but I'm not sure.
Mohini ?

From wikipedia

" In the original text, Mohini is referred to as simply an enchanting, female form of Vishnu. In later versions, Mohini is described as the maya (illusion) of Vishnu. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
P.S: about how Tatsuya lost his emotion, I've always thought that was an unexpected side-effect, or am I wrong? Someone please do enlighten me
Miya remove some of his emotion because of his brain capacity have not enough space for the MCA.
Old 2014-03-06, 04:41   Link #11271
anonfr

Quote:
We're gonna be friends. I can tell.

Quote:
I love it when we talk about this stuff^^. Yes, Banasura. The arrogant asura. The mighty often fall in the most unexpected ways.

Also, speaking of mythology, here's a few other ideas:

1) Takuma turning into a full-blown nightmarish antagonist. This is because his name kinda sounds like "akuma" and I'm kind of amusing myself on the idea of him being a Tarakasura analogue. Also, his personality makes me feel like he's ripe for a demon possession.

2) Tatsuya also sharing attributes with Odin. Shiva is held to be the prototype for the deity that eventually evolves into Odin; it isn't a deep connection, it's not as heavy as his Shiva parallels, but the reason I thought of tying them together was because of the Kuroba twins. Two crows...two ravens. Especially ones who seem to specialize in intelligence gathering. (But if Tatsuya loses an eye for whatever reason, I'm definitely making the connection.)

3) Most of Tatsuya's friends being inspired by, or are meant to represent ,Vishnu and his Avatars. This one I'm not so sure of as I know very little about the Avatars. At first I was just amusing myself with Leo...Leo was the closest thing to a Vishnu parallel I found, as Vishnu was a handsome, fun-time god who loved to laugh...Leo is a handsome, fun guy who likes to have fun and was Shiva's good friend...and then there's the fact that Vishnu had a lion-man avatar. But aside from that I had little else to connect them. Then I started thinking what if most of Tatsuya's friends were inspired by a particular avatar of Vishnu? I mean I can remember Vishnu being a woman once, or Tsutomu could simply genderbend some of them to better fit them for his purposes. Who knows? Maybe Mayumi's supposed to be Krishna? But again, I don't know much about the avatars aside from the lion-man one.

5) Honoka and Shizuku being meant to represent Jaya and Vijaya. Parvati's companions.
I really need a crash course on hindu mythology.

Quote:
I had a post a few pages back where I tried to explain it via theoretical neuroscience.

The basic point of it was think of a brain as a computer. A portion processing power goes into emotion, a portion goes into cognitive thinking and calculation. Tatsuya's brain diverts the processing power from his emotions to calculation.

It's how I understood it.
Old 2014-03-06, 05:02   Link #11272
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
I thought we're all in agreement that the experiment was originally executed for Tatsuya's sake. Though I like all of your speculations/theories but sometimes those are a bit overthought . Just keep in mind that Tatsuya is the eldest son of Miya, position and lineage speaking, he should have been the head candidate no. 1 (yes, the 10 Master Clans really do resemble those nobles of old). However, he cannot use magic, what a disaster!!!! So the two sisters figured they had to somehow fix it. Unfortunately, the experiment's result, despite not being a complete failure, did not meet the expectation at all.

Of course.^^ It was for his sake in that regards--like you said, we're all aware of that, and until proven otherwise by future developments, the official explanation stands: the twins wanted to give him the ability to use magic so he can treated like part of the family; however, his being able to use magic was more for the clan than his, and the implication I'm trying to make here is what if taking away his stronger emotions was actually the whole point? That there were more reasons to go through with the operation than we thought, and that whether or not he gains magic isn't as important as the experiment succeeding in suppressing his emotions? That they meant to take away his emotions, and the whole "Artificial Magician" part was just something they decided to test while they were at it.

I mean, they knew it was the limbic system they were going to manipulate, they should know what that part of the brain does--this cannot be a side-effect. They knew what they were taking away from him and effectively trading in exchange for his ability to use inferior magic. So yeah, I would really like a to get a better look at this, and that one more novel about the past would be REALLY good for me.
Old 2014-03-06, 05:05   Link #11273
hakazee

Quote:
Ah found it.
Volume 08.

"I obviously didn’t plan things out to that extent. However, I did think that if the capacity that was left was only enough for one emotion, then it should be affection directed towards you. Tatsuya will be spending far more time with you, after all."

unexpected side-effect, hmmm yes and no.
Old 2014-03-06, 05:12   Link #11274
anonfr

Quote:
So yeah, I would really like a to get a better look at this, and that one more novel about the past would be REALLY good for me.
Or like, an anthology novel. The Yotsuba's through the generations! the first part focus's on Genzou and his rise to head of the clan, towards the end it finally gives us the finer details of Tatsuya's brain surgery.

One thing I am super curious about. Miya was supposed to be head at first right? And it was decided that she was meant to marry Tatsurou.

Who decided that? Like, seriously. Genzou died at the end of the nightmare chapter, when the twins were only 12 right?

So, I thought maybe Miya was in charge for awhile and then stepped down. I'm not sure. But now I think there was some kind of regent that acted as clan head til Maya was old enough.

So, who exactly could this hypothetical person be? Is he a contributing factor towards the Twins being so super jaded and warped? The Yotsuba under genzou, when he had the whole clan meeting, they sounded pretty honorable. More honorable than they ever have in the main series.

I really think something got interfered with along the timeline. Somewhere.
Old 2014-03-06, 05:20   Link #11275
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Or like, an anthology novel. The Yotsuba's through the generations! the first part focus's on Genzou and his rise to head of the clan, towards the end it finally gives us the finer details of Tatsuya's brain surgery.

One thing I am super curious about. Miya was supposed to be head at first right? And it was decided that she was meant to marry Tatsurou.

Who decided that? Like, seriously. Genzou died at the end of the nightmare chapter, when the twins were only 12 right?

So, I thought maybe Miya was in charge for awhile and then stepped down. I'm not sure. But now I think there was some kind of regent that acted as clan head til Maya was old enough.

So, who exactly could this hypothetical person be? Is he a contributing factor towards the Twins being so super jaded and warped? The Yotsuba under genzou, when he had the whole clan meeting, they sounded pretty honorable. More honorable than they ever have in the main series.

I really think something got interfered with along the timeline. Somewhere.

I like the way you think. A Mahouka prequel centered around Genzou? Sounds pretty good to me. Maybe we'll even get to see the Shiba sibling's grandmother.

Yeah, I thought of that a lot too. Why isn't Miya the head? She's the older sister. Why did Maya succeed Genzou? The fact that she married Tatsurou shouldn't get in the way of the succession. Perhaps, the Yotsuba simply choose their heads based on who's better fit for the job. (As for their hypothetical regent...I always assumed that it was Hayama.)

The Yotsuba Chronicles...I'd love to see that. Who doesn't love a story about a clan of mind-controlling ninjas with a wolf-pack mentality?
Old 2014-03-06, 05:22   Link #11276
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:

I really need a crash course on hindu mythology.

Mahouka is your crash course to Hindu mythology.
Old 2014-03-06, 05:29   Link #11277
anonfr

Quote:
Mahouka is your crash course to Hindu mythology.
lol fair enough.

Quote:
I like the way you think. A Mahouka prequel centered around Genzou? Sounds pretty good to me. Maybe we'll even get to see the Shiba sibling's grandmother.

Yeah, I thought of that a lot too. Why isn't Miya the head? She's the older sister. Why did Maya succeed Genzou? The fact that she married Tatsurou shouldn't get in the way of the succession. Perhaps, the Yotsuba simply choose their heads based on who's better fit for the job. (As for their hypothetical regent...I always assumed that it was Hayama.)

The Yotsuba Chronicles...I'd love to see that. Who doesn't love a story about a clan of mind-controlling ninjas with a wolf-pack mentality?
I think you're missing the point. Genzou died when Miya was 12. When she was in her 20's she was ordered to marry Tatsurou, which she did in her late 20s.

Who ordered her to do that? Why is Maya the head instead? do you really think Maya became automatically in charge at 12?

I really think there was some other guy in the background running things and puppet controlling the twins for a while. At least a good 6 years. Miya was emotionally unstable and Maya was emotionally dead. Someone must have taken reins for awhile.

This is my new theory I'll throw in everyones faces. Like so much of the situation sounds too weird without considering a third party involved.

Like, I really don't think it was Hayama. The clan seems to have changed too drastically between "nightmare" and now for me to accept there was no interference.
Old 2014-03-06, 05:38   Link #11278
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
lol fair enough.

I think you're missing the point. Genzou died when Miya was 12. When she was in her 20's she was ordered to marry Tatsurou, which she did in her late 20s.

Who ordered her to do that? Why is Maya the head instead? do you really think Maya became automatically in charge at 12?

I really think there was some other guy in the background running things and puppet controlling the twins for a while. At least a good 6 years. Miya was emotionally unstable and Maya was emotionally dead. Someone must have taken reins for awhile.

This is my new theory I'll throw in everyones faces. Like so much of the situation sounds too weird without considering a third party involved.

Like, I really don't think it was Hayama. The clan seems to have changed too drastically between "nightmare" and now for me to accept there was no interference.
Well, yeah I thought that was just Hayama...but I think I see your point. Who then? Like some kind of evil uncle? I just assumed the clan went into protectionist mode after the Maya incident.

(I would lol if it turns out to be Genzou's younger sister, the Kuroba grandmother.)
Old 2014-03-06, 05:49   Link #11279
anonfr

Quote:
Well, yeah I thought that was just Hayama...but I think I see your point. Who then? Like some kind of evil uncle?

(I would lol if it turns out to be Genzou's younger sister, the Kuroba grandmother.)
Ahh no idea honestly. I'm just sort of running with this.

It's mostly baseless, but I'm starting to have faith.

One thing that just might be my interpretation is that Maya always seems Paranoid. She's stated to always be logged into the Hliðskjálf to the point it's unhealthy, she lives basically in isolation. These sort of things drive my train of thought.

Her episodic memory until the age of 12 was deleted. But does that mean all her experiences from that point on lacked emotion as well? Did she just end up emotionally stunted like Tatsuya? If she was, then why doesn't she come across more like Tatsuya? Completely rational and in control. She sort of seems that way, but there's things in her portrayal that act contrary to that. To me, anyways. Like she seems obsessive, she seems weary, she seems overly cautious, she seems to have a twisted and mocking sense of Irony. She seems to have too many things that hint at some deeper level of emotion, at least compared to Tatsuya. Then we have to think about why she is the way she is, since the whole torture rape thing got deleted from her emotional spectrum. It'd probably have some effect, but I think there's something else as well.

What if her behavior is due to this hypothetical regent of mine? What if she basically had a power struggle with this person, killed them, then took the title of clan head for herself despite being second in succession? Maybe she's also fearful Tatsuya will eventually do the same thing to her, making her especially wary of him.

Though there's also a theory Miya out of guilt or something Simply abdicated the position. Like, Maya will never have children or a family, so Miya left it to her so that Maya would have purpose in her life.

But I like my theory better. I think it's interesting. Maybe it's a mixture of both too. Maya kills regent, offers clan seat to Miya, Miya declines... I think it's as valid as my other batch of crazy, but I like the first one better. Where Maya just takes power herself.

Thoughts?
Old 2014-03-06, 05:52   Link #11280
Ultragunner

Originally, Maya was meant to marry Koichi, if he were already the heir then Maya hadn't been chosen to be the head, instead indeed Miya was given the position.

However, after "the incident", Maya marriage with Koichi got cancelled while Miya broke her body, I think this pretty much explains why it is Maya who actually became the head.

For who "ordered" or was in charge after Genzou perished in Dahan (and before the twin grew up), that's actually a very good question. But remember Tatsuya himself has said many times that there are other big "players" behind the Yotsuba, thus even if he did "remove" Maya, someone else would just come up. So, in the end, this is one of the final problems for Tatsuya in the course of his high school days

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings