AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-03-14, 16:18   Link #901
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
Ah, got it. I've been to 4chan only a couple times, though you find the web's funniests in there =p

Edit: Woot, post #900!
Newcomer's luck, I guess?
In Soviet Russia, THREAD POSTS YOU!!!

Anyway, if season3 does happen, do anyone of you think that Rozen will make more dolls now that he's "back"?

(((Edit: yay, page 46!)))
Old 2006-03-14, 18:34   Link #902
Jekyll
Rozen Detective

Those Soviet Russia jokes are actually older than 4chan.

Quote:
Anyway, if season3 does happen, do anyone of you think that Rozen will make more dolls now that he's "back"?
I don't think that he's really "back". He just had to intervene to keep the Alice Game going. Creating new dolls would kinda complicate the whole thing, which he probably would not want.
Jekyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 18:42   Link #903
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Look, in my opinion, Rozen's been dead for a LONG while now.
If you make do the math, Suigin Tou's "565000-or-so" hours since her last meeting with Shinku sum up to over 65 years. Even if Rozen made them in his 20's, he'd be an old geezer by now. And considering that they say it's very rare for even two of the Rozen Maidens to be awake, i'd say they were made back in the 1800's, IF that late.
However, he does appear in the series, somehow and we were left without a clue of how someone could live that enormous ammount of time, BUT, it's also said that he takes on different forms in his search for Alice... but I wonder if that's really true.
ME thinks that Rozen has decided to leave his eartly body and "wander" around the N-Fields. We've got some clues that each of those fields is inside the head of someone, his "Own World" (Gin's, Hina's, Jun's... ), but I can't explain the ones that appear in Traumend, because they're quite bizarre. Anyway, that's my best guess for how Rozen's still around.

But going back to your question... if he made more dolls and if they were to take the least bit of importance in the role of the story, then we'd be over four seasons, because you can't pack that much information in 12 episode anime. And considering that there're only 6 volumes out there, each anime series would take 2, 2.5 volumes? Oh well.

Ah, and speaking of the manga, don't know how many of you live in the US, but Tokyopop has announced the publishing of Rozen Maiden in their website.
http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?p...productid=3674 to check more about it. I'm not a very fan of the non-fanmade translations because they tend to change a few texts from the original series.(Example, DearS's teacher Mizuka, which was changed from an English to a Spanish teacher in the manga.)

Edit:
Finished up that drawing and posted a bigger version of it.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=29863

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"

Last edited by Zero Shinohara; 2006-03-14 at 20:31.
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 20:54   Link #904
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

well if the apprentice is around im sure rozen may be. but it could also just be the caring part of his spirit that still exists and has combined with all the fields too.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 22:14   Link #905
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Yeah I was intrigued by Enju aswell. He doesn't look that old either. However if you consider, they look exacly alike, like if they were father and son. I hope they do explain this in later episodes/chapters, so we can get an understanding of the things, without the "miracles" mentioned before.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2006-03-15, 03:01   Link #906
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Maybe someone who can give life to dolls is not affected by time in the same way as the rest of us....
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 04:56   Link #907
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I wish I could have found some other avatar than the Bleach avatar, but I don't have good stock photos of Suigintou or any Adobe Photoshop (which I don't want to have also because of its heaviness) ... so I chose this cleaned image I got from a semi-random Google Image Search. It's not Rozen Maiden, but it's a violet ring of something ... (lightning?)

Guys, give me some good avatar material ... I prefer Gin ... please ...
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 05:46   Link #908
TamaNeko

You're gonna have to be more specific on what kind of Gin avatar you want, since there are thousands of RM fanarts out there(search Wakachan). Do you want evil Junk, cute Junk, or what?
TamaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 07:29   Link #909
grey_moon

We could hold a competition to see who can provide the image or gif that physics223 likes
Old 2006-03-15, 08:59   Link #910
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
I wish I could have found some other avatar than the Bleach avatar, but I don't have good stock photos of Suigintou or any Adobe Photoshop (which I don't want to have also because of its heaviness) ... so I chose this cleaned image I got from a semi-random Google Image Search. It's not Rozen Maiden, but it's a violet ring of something ... (lightning?)

Guys, give me some good avatar material ... I prefer Gin ... please ...

You need material for somehing like that?
Old 2006-03-15, 10:58   Link #911
grey_moon

Tooooo cute....

Old 2006-03-15, 11:02   Link #912
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
Tooooo cute....
Agreed :rolls:

Quote:
Maybe someone who can give life to dolls is not affected by time in the same way as the rest of us....
Well I recall now that Shinku said a line in the end of Traumend that goes something like:
"Father is constantly changing bodies until he finds Alice...".
ZOMG HE'S HOHENHEIM

Old 2006-03-15, 11:23   Link #913
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I don't recall that phrase.

In season 3 I want to see p'wnage from Kirakishou!
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 12:14   Link #914
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
I don't recall that phrase.

In season 3 I want to see p'wnage from Kirakishou!
Hee hee the sound of p'wnage read out loud sounds pervy..
Old 2006-03-15, 14:27   Link #915
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Lol, I can't imagine anything perverted with those chars, and I think it's an unique feature of Rozen Maiden :P

If season 3 comes up, I bet Kira will be madness. I wonder if I even WANT to see that.

Old 2006-03-15, 14:57   Link #916
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy

You need material for somehing like that?
But that's like stealing other people's avatars, right? I personally saw the second one being used by Rosa Mystica ...

Last edited by physics223; 2006-03-15 at 15:08.
Old 2006-03-15, 15:16   Link #917
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Oh, Rosa Mystica had the same Idea...
But Rosa`s Ava is a little bit different

But it's better to ask him before...
Old 2006-03-15, 15:26   Link #918
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I found a new ava of seriously cute Suigintou! Is this alright? Rate me! Rate me!

I personally think this as an avatar rocks.
Old 2006-03-15, 16:16   Link #919
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

It's good, although I've seen it before.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 17:42   Link #920
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

I wish I could post that 4chan flood image here :laugh:

By the way, I wanted to check something up.

I'm not sure if you've discussed this before, but if you did I unfortunately wasn't around to see, so pardon me.
One thing I've wondering is "what" is Alice. We've been told she's a perfect girl, and that the RMs were created in order to emulate her. However, throughout the series we see that each of the dolls has a different personality or something that resembles a part of what a "perfect" female would be. For example, Sousei Seki's tranquility, Suigin Tou's determination, Suisei Seki's protectiveness. I've seen this before, but I can't recall where, but it didn't state all of them.

In my opinion, Hina represents innocence, Shinku represents both the sense of familiar love and a level of finesse (You can guess by the way she acts, moves and even drinks tea. ). Those and Kanaria's talent (She plays violin) are the most obvious traits to me.

So, watcha' think?

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural