AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 37 25.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 32.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 22.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 12.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.36%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.04%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.68%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.68%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-15, 18:35   Link #21
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Thus far evidences supporting the possibility of:

1) Mai-Chan being Arika-Chan's Aunt and Mikoto's Mother.

or even

2) Mai-Chan being Arika-Chan's Mother.
Oh, no, no, no! I don't think I can bear the notion of Mai being the mother of a retard like Arika. Probably the father wasn't too bright then.

Quote:
And Natsuki will sigh with sympathy because of a certain Shizuru who latches on and hisses anytime Nao comes within range of Natsuki with a sharp implement in hand.
You really think Shizuru would have anything against seeing Natsuki with less clothes on her, Nao or no Nao around?

Anyway, I liked episode 22 too much compared to the rest so it's time for a bad episode. And by bad I do not mean full of fanservice (as long it's not Arika fanservice). I expect quite a lot of flashbacks shown while Arika explains the situation to Mai and Mikoto. And Miyu will probably destroy a few armies just to kill some time.

Old 2006-03-15, 18:55   Link #22
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
I predict that Mikoto will reset the world by commanding all the Mikoto-type cats to eat everything in their path.

Seriosuly though, if Nina is the real princess, I hope this episode will explain how Arika got hold of the Azure Sky Sapphire.
Old 2006-03-15, 19:44   Link #23
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloodlust Kid
Seriosuly though, if Nina is the real princess, I hope this episode will explain how Arika got hold of the Azure Sky Sapphire.
well, it is kinda blurry... the only thing which says it could be, is the little pic that Nagi found.
And frankly, i really doubt that Nina's REAL birthday is the 7th september (her birthday + the day when she met sergay... that kind of coicidence is just too big )
So, now we have 3 babies... what could be the next thing? that the king and the queen had 2 daughters in fact? (this would be hilarous since no amoung the 3 "possible" princesses has any ressemblance regards each other)

By the way, did you guys notice that Mai STILL has her Robe?
That fact means she didn't do "that". So no, she has absolutely no romance in the current time, or maybe, a pretty light one.(no as deep as Akane and kazuya's relationship, according the... Kazu full-lust passion may i say... )
We can assume that Mai just care about Mikoto exactly like in MH. (not a real mother but well, you know... the same scheme)

the real question is : who is the new Mai's Master? She was supposed to be one among the Garderobe five Pillars, so she should have lost her ability to materialise since the link between garderobe Otomes and their Shinso is still cut;
which prove that she has a master (mikoto? can't be oO )

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-03-15 at 19:55.
Old 2006-03-15, 19:46   Link #24
Naked Fish
Wench, but not incestous

Send a message via MSN to Naked Fish
I forgot about that stuff. A little too excited by solid characters making cameos in ep 23. and Mai being any teenagers mother makes no physical sense at all, unless she chucked a holy mary while she was a kid and got pregnant without even having sex. Which would be twisted, to say in the least.
Old 2006-03-15, 20:34   Link #25
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Although she seems to have the exact look she had in MH, she should be as old as Natsuki : around 20-25.
then... Sunrise just didn't bother to "upgrade" her look or... they just put another mai (2 in the same anime? this is ridiculous )

but yeah, if she is as old as natsuki, her "possible" child shouldn't be older than 4-5... (and, like you know, it would be really unlike her if she doesn't take care of her so young child).
So, her age and her Meister Otome Robe don't match a possible "mai's child"
Old 2006-03-15, 20:41   Link #26
USCPharmacist

My crazy arse idea...

Mai saw god Mikoto and ask for a fortune telling about her love life

Mikoto made a mistake and tell Mai that if she stay an Otome and interfere with the world she'll eventually destroy it

Mai decided to stay with Mikoto to avoid the bad future

But Fate is hard to change and now the would will be destroy due to Nina or Arika meddling

Mai decide to pull a Kira and "come down from the mountain" as the Chinese would say and try to change fate with Arika

Although Mikoto will warn Mai that if she go back with Arika, one of them will die...

__________________________________________________ ____________

Crazy prediction of what will happen in 23

Major secret will be review by God, about what happen to Mai, Arika, Rena, Nina, Natsuki, Mashiro, Alissa and Miyu....(like hell hehehe)

Mai has no blood relation to Arika, but have some important role in the story (remember the dragon king war? The only dragon I know in Mai's universe is....)

Arika is Rena's daughter and the whole Sayer family is special....might be descendant of Alissa.

Miyu is the same Miyu from Mai Hime, reprogram later to serve the good guys, thus the merciful name change.

Mikoto is a god because she is the kinder, gentler, obsidian lord who really is a god who preside over good luck and bad luck. The different is that the old OL enjoy other people's suffering where as Mikoto try to maintain a neutral fate for all, thus good stuff and bad stuff happen equally or randomly. It's possible this Mikoto is the same or connected to the old Mikoto and follow Mai's teaching of non interference back in Mai Hime one (assume of course that the 2 series actaully connected in some way)

Or Mikoto is the caretaker of God and has some power from him or her that allow her to keep an eye on the people on Earl. Her role will be similar to Nagi except Mikoto does not enjoy manupilating people...or does she? eheheh

Boob size contest will be held but....is there really a contest?

Super duper ramen will be eaten....poor ramen

Arika;s grandma is one of Mikoto's cat shadow puppet, created to instill her a sense of justice. This is because, get this, Mikoto found her Tennis ball capsule fell down from the sky 14 years ago and she turned into a Jabal after staring at the moon, and in order to stop the rampage Mikoto has to cut off her tail......sorry m(_ _)m

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW I wonder who the countries will be divided? Here is what I think

Axis of Evil: Shwars + Artai + Occupied Windbloom + Remus + Carlteya +/- Florens +/- orb I meant Zipand

Alliance: Exile Windbloom + Aswad + Earlis (sp?) + Romulus + Annan + Guarderobe +/- Florens +/- Zipand

Carlteya will most likely side with Artai if they found out Exile Windbloom is allying with Aswad, and if they still has Otome to fight. It's possible Kazu kun hasn't done it with Akane yet after he realise kids poping out of Akane may ruin the fun (hehe). It would be interesting to see Akane on the Axis of Evil for awhile.

Floren is weird because it is the enemy of Carlteya so we would think no matter which side CArlteya is on Floren will be on the opposite. Although it's possible in order not to deteriorate the relationship between them and Carlteya they may side with them. Beside Shiho is from Carlteya so that there might be a conflict of interest there too. Then again Shiho is nuts so there is no telling what the hell she would do.

Zipand is stuck up so they'll probably take their sweet time and makes a grand entrance with their cyber ninjas at the last episode to show off But I am pretty sure that if Mai meet Takumi in the final fight he'll side with whoever Mai sided with. Although I still don't know why Zipand is so valuable to the west. Could the Ninjas armies really be that great?

__________________________________________________ _

Finally, the Harmonium is turned out to be a plot device machine again. I meant granting wishes and stuffs? Can't Sunrise be more original, like making it a snow cone machine or somthing Anyway, prepare a reset ending and transcend all physics, logic, and common sense. I wouldn't be surprise that Mimi will bust out of her grave and start having tea with the complete reform Tomoe with Arika and Shizuru happily. And then Rena would bust out from the castle nuke and start competing with Nina, Arika, Natsuki, the lady on the boat and Mai for Sirgay Wang's affections.
Old 2006-03-15, 21:07   Link #27
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by rale
Have there actually been any shots of Mai with her robe activated and without her neck covered over with her red scarf? I can't remember seeing any.
No shots that I can think of. But just well timed fanart.

Well, they are sort of keeping it secret from fans. But it doesn't matter especially when fanart starts coming up long before this happens. Which means someone managed to get word of it. If you check 'Hisayuki-san's site he has a drawing of it. Since he's the one who designed it. So basically people got to see it way ahead of time. Some even earlier than that. Some were even coming up with a version just before the final design. The one based on the 1st OP. But who knows if they weren't on key before it was changed. But you won't find many pic of it because they didn't know what the lower half was supposed to look like. So they went for a head shot. Or drew her in her coral robe.

Spoiler for Here's Hisayuki's official version that we've only had a glimpse of in ep. 21 and 22.:

Saw this past weekend. This image probably came through this month.

Spoiler for Here's a fanart blog with a new image of 'Mai'. Toward the very bottom of the image log there is an image drawn of that same robe while sitting in her "element":
Mind you this image was drawn almost 2 MONTHS ago.

I have this image saved on my computer. After checking the date I found that I had saved it on Jan. 30th. I have never seen any more images since then. So I let it slip my mind until the time comes. The question was when was 'Mai' going to show up and how did they know what her robe looked like?

It just goes to show you that some fans knew way ahead of time. Before OP 2. Once they got a hint they went to work. But there still isn't much images yet. Once 'Mai' officially appears then we'll see more.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."

Last edited by chrno; 2006-03-15 at 21:34.
Old 2006-03-16, 00:11   Link #28
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

not really surprise about leaking information since this always happned in japan(anime from japan -_-)..
i doubt the person that drawn those char can keeps his/their mouth seize, and there are much more staff producer for mai otome...there will be at least one of them that might have been bribed to leak some information out...

btw matrim.. u are holding such a big grudge on arika...-_- but the word "retarted"...

my bet:

mai lover isnt sergei, even it happened "once" but not now
mai is the nanny for all the "mikotos"

prediction:
more destruction caused by nina.
someone is gotten go in this esp..but who?..
"shizuru! u are MINE" by natsuki -_-" this scene might be delayed until esp 25..

am still being very puzzle about rena's daughter arika.....than who is her father anyway? if she is in deed her mom..

Last edited by friendshipz; 2006-03-16 at 00:28.
Old 2006-03-16, 00:23   Link #29
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

//Hopes for more Natsuki,Nina and...Tomoe//

doubtful hopes:

Kagutsuchi!!!
Old 2006-03-16, 02:50   Link #30
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I'm hoping for an episode that moves the plot along and some material to bring a conclusive end to the North Hound x Fire String Ruby speculation, good or bad. While we may very will get some new plot points... I still think this episode will be "too little, too late."

After this, three more episodes to go. Let's see if they can salvage this series.
Old 2006-03-16, 04:42   Link #31
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma

After this, three more episodes to go. Let's see if they can salvage this series.
I´m hoping that they will only end the Nina vs Arika story now and let the war and the rest of the story continue in a sequel (series or OVA doesn´t matter). I mean there are lots of interesting characters in Otome whereas most of them are more interesting than Arika.

For this episode all I ask is that the story moves forward, I don´t want any more questions, and starts answering the questions. And Mai needs to be in view for atleast 99.9% of the episode.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2006-03-16, 07:17   Link #32
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Carlteya will most likely side with Artai if they found out Exile Windbloom is allying with Aswad, and if they still has Otome to fight. It's possible Kazu kun hasn't done it with Akane yet after he realise kids poping out of Akane may ruin the fun (hehe). It would be interesting to see Akane on the Axis of Evil for awhile.
Carterya side with Artai ... no chance ... remmember that Aswad basicly own they're asse now ... maybe Kazu swears to attack Guarderobe like Mashiro ... then we would have a war for the sequel
Old 2006-03-16, 07:28   Link #33
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
I'm hoping for an episode that moves the plot along and some material to bring a conclusive end to the North Hound x Fire String Ruby speculation, good or bad.
Here, here. Flashbacks, Flashbacks!!

Quote:
At the least we know that they'll keep it 'afloat' thanks to Mai.
...Yes I know, crude humor so early in the morning...
Old 2006-03-16, 09:44   Link #34
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

You seem to forget that Mai can't have a baby, since she can still materialise her Robe. That mean that she still has nanomachine in her body...
Old 2006-03-16, 09:52   Link #35
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

But you forget that if Mai is to be Otome's Kira the laws of science and common sense have no power over her. She might have given birth to a dozen babies and still be able materialize.

Old 2006-03-16, 09:57   Link #36
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
But you forget that if Mai is to be Otome's Kira the laws of science and common sense have no power over her. She might have given birth to a dozen babies and still be able materialize.
A DOZEN?

That would be... Oh my oh my oh mai...
Old 2006-03-16, 10:16   Link #37
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim

this will happen when all sunrise staff producer turns psycho insanity..
Old 2006-03-16, 10:39   Link #38
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
It's possible Kazu kun hasn't done it with Akane yet after he realise kids poping out of Akane may ruin the fun (hehe). It would be interesting to see Akane on the Axis of Evil for awhile.
I guess that out of all the technology they managed to preserve from Earth, the miracle of condoms is still beyond thier reach....
Old 2006-03-16, 11:24   Link #39
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
http://nov.2chan.net/24/res/336967.htm
http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/2454527.htm

It begins

Spoiler:

Last edited by IchiKyo; 2006-03-16 at 11:34.
Old 2006-03-16, 11:38   Link #40
Pazu
F

of course
Closed Thread