AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-01-19, 11:17   Link #401
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

Tieria sure got his motivation as he's some kind of LockOn Obsessed or something like that... but then... LockOn is the only One that don't really have any motivation for working on CB (Allelujah aside, since He just got Marrie on his side)... I think now LockOn is the only sidecast-like Gundam meister out of all...so at the very least I want him to be the one that Avenge his brother....
Miyamoto Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 11:24   Link #402
tanqexe

Tieria's come to appreciate human emotions and connection because of Lockon's death. Before that, he seemed the sort to take people for granted (like how the other Innovators behave). He's come a long, long way from the asshole who would shoot Setsuna without a second thought if Setsuna even farted funny.

Lockon has motivation to be in CB - being on the Ptolemy is the single best way he can help his friends in Kataron. He gets to pilot a friggin Gundam, after all.
Old 2009-01-19, 11:26   Link #403
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamoto Shin View Post
LockOn is the only One that don't really have any motivation for working on CB
Katharon?

Quote:
I think now LockOn is the only sidecast-like Gundam meister out of all...so at the very least I want him to be the one that Avenge his brother....
Well, they are not that close. Before S2, the only thing that Lyle could tell about his brother is being a "daddy-long legs," giving him anything he wants but not showing regularly.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 11:27   Link #404
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanqexe View Post
Tieria's come to appreciate human emotions and connection because of Lockon's death. Before that, he seemed the sort to take people for granted (like how the other Innovators behave). He's come a long, long way from the asshole who would shoot Setsuna without a second thought if Setsuna even farted funny.

Lockon has motivation to be in CB - being on the Ptolemy is the single best way he can help his friends in Kataron. He gets to pilot a friggin Gundam, after all.
Indeed. Tieria's a great character. And this doesn't bode well, as we're potentially in for another lolYoshino for the closest male character to the main. Looks like we'll have another ED sequence ending with glasses on the floor.

There's always Anew. Look how close he's standing to her while he's on the bridge! He's got to feel the most at ease around her, since she's the only person that doesn't talk to him about work, or his brother all the time.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 11:33   Link #405
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Tieria sure got his motivation as he's some kind of LockOn Obsessed or something like that... but then... LockOn is the only One that don't really have any motivation for working on CB (Allelujah aside, since He just got Marrie on his side)... I think now LockOn is the only sidecast-like Gundam meister out of all...so at the very least I want him to be the one that Avenge his brother....
Can understand the feelings but just don't think Lyle is motivated to avenge his brother. His most emotional moment was the A-Laws attack against Kataron and not hearing that Ali was the one who killed his brother. He's got more reasons to focus on A-Laws and with his relationship with Anew getting closer he'll be focused on her. Only way I see him wanting Ali's blood is if Ali kills Anew or slaughters numerous Kataron bases. But then it wouldn't be about avenging his brother.

Lockon means much more to Tieria. A guy who saved him when he really didn't see himself as human. Helped him on the path toward viewing himself as a human being. Even gone Neil has been motivation for the path Tieria is on. So he has every reason to want to avenge Lockon and maybe help get the revenge Neil failed at last season.
Old 2009-01-19, 11:34   Link #406
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post

Well, they are not that close. Before S2, the only thing that Lyle could tell about his brother is being a "daddy-long legs," giving him anything he wants but not showing regularly.
ah?.. oh... I think i'm the only one here that Think Neil's Motivation in changing the World is to have a peaceful world for living for Lyle's sake... I'm pretty sure Neil mentioned in his final moment... "The World that Lyle lives in...."... that makes the impression that Neil wants to give his last brother...Peace... by changing the world...
Old 2009-01-19, 11:37   Link #407
kakakka

Quote:
ah?.. oh... I think i'm the only one here that Think Neil's Motivation in changing the World is to have a peaceful world for living for Lyle's sake... I'm pretty sure Neil mentioned in his final moment... "The World that Lyle lives in...."... that makes the impression that Neil wants to give his last brother...Peace...
Yes, but the question is, does Lyle understand that affection? Did he tried to return the favor?
Neil might love him, but being close to Lyle is different.
Old 2009-01-19, 11:46   Link #408
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

wait...we're getting Off topic...this is Tieria's thread...anyway... you're right..but at the very least, Lyle is still concerned about the guy that killed his brother (If you saw it).... ok... ENd of LockOn's Discussion i think...
Old 2009-01-19, 11:49   Link #409
kakakka

Quote:
wait...we're getting Off topic...this is Tieria's thread...anyway... you're right..but at the very least, Lyle is still concerned about the guy that killed his brother (If you saw it).... ok... ENd of LockOn's Discussion i think...
I guess you're right.

Anyway, what I can say about Tieria is that I liked his character so far. I hope he doesn't die at the end of the series since I'm a fan of him right now.
Old 2009-01-19, 20:29   Link #410
bergarmak
benelunium research unity

Tiera may survive cause refered to aiolia plan that mankind steps to spread in space, he fit very well for being a leader (in place of selfish ribbons). His approach of humanity is needed to lead human to space. All the other innovators see human as inferior, they will not sincerly cooperate to the step. As ribbons did, he could perfom veda data with his personals suggestions to help mankind to face his futur (some good orientations). Veda could become a hyper-net-system-data for mankind.
And where will the CB organization could go without innovators-linked to veda/central network? They are so many escaping from Lagrange 3 (and even more in other places) and for them to return to public life, is like sort of non sens. So for me, Tieria role (and specifique evolution) is too important to end dead at episode 23, 24 or 25.

Last edited by bergarmak; 2009-01-19 at 20:42.
bergarmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 20:38   Link #411
mike_s_6

What's with the sudden flux of fanart of Tieria with pink sheets / pink sweater? There's like five in pixiv right now... Is there some sort of meme I'm not aware of?

EDIT: oh nevermind how slow was I? The blankets he used were pink, that's why.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 23:24   Link #412
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Somehow I think pink color does suit Tieria well.In S1 he always wear pink shirt. Hopefully Tieria would be alive this season,he's my top favourite character.I rather have any Innovator's or Andrei died.
Old 2009-01-19, 23:25   Link #413
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Why Andrei? He's actually turning out to be a pretty nice guy.
Old 2009-01-20, 00:13   Link #414
rpgman1

Andrei turned out to be a pretty nice person. He told Louise to be more feminine and told her to forget about her revenge.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 04:33   Link #415
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Why Andrei? He's actually turning out to be a pretty nice guy.
Maybe Andre died sacrifice himself to give happiness to Loiuse so she can live with Saji.Sometime pretty nice guy are prone to died.
Anyway I just hope Tieria take down those two Innovators in their next encounter.They are so lucky Tieria does'nt activated Seraphim Gundam when they gang-up on him.
Old 2009-01-20, 04:37   Link #416
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
Maybe Andre died sacrifice himself to give happiness to Loiuse so she can live with Saji.Sometime pretty nice guy are prone to died.
Anyway I just hope Tieria take down those two Innovators in their next encounter.They are so lucky Tieria does'nt activated Seraphim Gundam when they gang-up on him.
A sacrifice is possible, but its not very nice to hope for someone's sacrifice. As it is, he might actually try and help Saji with Louise, considering the way he mentioned Saji to Louise in the latest episode. But you are right, nice guys are prone to danger in a Gundam series.
Old 2009-01-20, 10:32   Link #417
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Personally the Andrei nice thing completely flew by me. He joins an organization that slaughters people with orbital cannons and automated machines. Yet someone being motivated by revenge is horrible thing for him? Think he needs to think about things before trying to be a moral compass for Louise.

Anyways back to Tieria. Hopefully he can take down some an innovator or two without taking too much damage to Seravee. Can't afford to lose arms and cannons for each one you manage to beat.
Old 2009-02-06, 21:13   Link #418
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad

From LJ

Quote:
Translation of Yun Kouga's Special Manga (Tieria's sidestory)
Tieria’s the main focus. His story from 2308 to 2312.
The subtitle is “I’m home.”

A MUST READ!

The story begins at the end of the Fallen Angels military operation in 2308.
“I’m back, Ribbons.”
[says] Regene who had just returned from Louise’ side to report that Louise had decided to join the military on her own.
(tied with the scene at the end of episode 25)
Ribbons and Regene talk about CB’s disappearance.
“Tieria Erde. Poor brother of ours…”
{I’m not 100% clear on where the above occurs time-wise, the blogger’s phrasing sort of implies 2308, but I think it’s actually in 2312 based on the epilogue and the way the paragraph is structured is just a little misleading}

The scene changes to inside Nadaleeh. Dying Tieria’s soliloquy.

I never thought that I’d like to die before, but when I was cornered to tell the truth, I was relieved. Even though I thought I could finally join him…

But, before Tieria’s open eyes are the glittering Sun and the Earth.
“I’m still alive.” He says, crying.

Once again, the scene changes to Ribbons and Regene.
They’re speaking through QBW.
“We must be separate from the humans.” Ribbons says.
“I don’t have any interest in humans like you all do.” Regene responds.

Once again, retuning to CB. Tieria, returning to consciousness, exits the capsule. There, he meets Sumeragi who tells him “Setsuna and Allelujah are missing.”
Tieria still can’t access Veda.
“This is a conclusive defeat. I’ve lost so many things.”
From here, Tieria worries about what he should do.
This is when he hears from Feldt that Sumeragi has withdrawn from CB.

––One more light which disappears like sand falling through the cracks between your fingers––

But on the other hand, Feldt tells Tieria “I have nowhere else to go, because everyone here was like my family. And I promised Chris that I’d change the world.”

Ian and Feldt worry about Tieria who won’t leave his room.
Still worrying about Tieria who isn’t there, Ian gives strength to Feldt, saying,
“It’ll be alright. Because Tieria is like CB.”
*This is probably where the title “I’m home.” is from.

To Ian who says he can’t take Feldt crying too, Feldt says, smiling, “I’ve decided not to cry. I want to see for everyone.”

Tieria, still shut up in his room, moves about on his bed.
There suddenly [he hears] a voice: “Hey, Tieria. Are you still asleep?”

What Tieria saw [to make him] jump to his feet was a smiling Lockon who made him pause with a “Yo.”

“Lockon!” Tieria cries out.
“It’s rare to see you this broken up about something.” Lockon says, still smiling.

“From the day I took my oath to eliminate armed force with armed force, I thought that I had the responsibility to accomplish it [as well]. Even though I didn’t judge it was strange that anyone would die.” Tieria continues to discuss it with Lockon.

“I didn’t have any intention of dying! I always intended to live.” Lockon adds.
“Liar! I wanted you to live! Why is that” Tieria cries out.

“I wanted everyone to live. I wanted you to live.”
Crying, he addresses Lockon.
Seeing this, Lockon smiles bitterly and says “… me too.”

“But, well, since it’s happened, I’ll leave the rest to you.
Change the world. Without me. And without Veda.
Is it that hard to decide things for yourself?
But if it’s you, surely you can do it.”
Lockon says, smiles and disappears while Tieria sees him off with a wail.

From here on, summarizing, Tieria appears in the dining hall.
Tieria proposes that they search for Setsuna and Allelujah.
“If they’re alive, surely they’ll return. To this place. We should continue to search for them.”
Tieria says with a smiling expression and Feldt shows him a cheerful face.

Tieria proposes that from here on Ptolemy and CB wear uniforms.
* Tieria didn’t design the uniforms, it seems he just proposes that they start wearing the ones CB used to in the past.

Feldt tells this Tieria “Welcome home.” And Tieria replies to Feldt who is blushing slightly, “I’m home.”

;_; I think I died due to the massive amounts of moe. Is it too much to ask for some onscreen Tieria and Feldt interaction?

Manga scans: Here.

Credit for everything (translation, scans): Good Haro
Excellent side story somehow Tieria x Feldt might be pretty nice
Nightwing(T_T) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 07:25   Link #419
Ariana22

Lol, T-chan learned how to slap from Sumeragi-san and how to welcome people home from Feldt
Ariana22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 11:06   Link #420
ZetranWW3

Really nice side stories haaah how I wish I live in japan to get access to all this material
ZetranWW3 is offline   Reply With Quote