AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-29, 10:05   Link #2201
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Well, we haven't seen all of Amata's memories - something interfered with Neo-Deava poking at his memories and destroyed the memory-poking machine, so there must be a huge (ROBOT-SIZED? ) secret lurking in his past that we'll learn when it's time...

(What I find more interesting at the moment is that if you look at that flashback, apparently Amata hasn't cleaned his room ever since he was a small boy...)
(While I'm not sure if the room thing isn't just lazy animations) This is part of why I think he's not quite who he seems, to have his memories blocked out and protected implies a deep secret, to have robots in his flashbacks, to know what cats are, Alicia's importance in his life, to have had wings as a kid that he ripped off, no smell, and some other small details I'm likely forgetting, there's just so much going for him being... EVIL!

Me and my evil robot?

I'm betting on either he's Mykage's pawn in this and is being played against Kagura on purpose (may add a peculiar new meaning as to why he flies), or he's Alicia's son that she (possibly) tried to protect from Mykage and/or Altair, or both.

By the way, why didn't Amata go soaring at the end of last episode? By every indication he should have hit the stratosphere in record time from that event... yet he didn't move at all.
Old 2012-02-29, 10:27   Link #2202
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post

By the way, why didn't Amata go soaring at the end of last episode? By every indication he should have hit the stratosphere in record time from that event... yet he didn't move at all.
After Zessica's bold sexual harassment, I suppose a virginal closed-mouthed kiss isn't that much arousing for him anymore.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 10:37   Link #2203
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
And suddenly I want a spinoff about the adventures of shota!Amata and Aquarion, titled "Me and My Robot Friend"...
The idea reminds me of this

And found this one too Hatsunemikuerion
Old 2012-02-29, 11:21   Link #2204
mayumi

oh silvia is just lovely in that video.

amata not flying is because he added extra weight to his shoes or animators forgot about it or they wanted to show shushu is evil being or zen saying love is forbidden.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 11:29   Link #2205
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post

amata not flying is because he added extra weight to his shoes or animators forgot about it or they wanted to show shushu is evil being or zen saying love is forbidden.
Its probably the former, since you can hear the weights when Amata is walking.

About Amata.

I would say him having those wings and knowing about Aquarion is probably an important plot point, and probably is an implication of a past life, since only Donar really knew of Aquarion's true name. Its similar to Apollo who also knew of Aquarion's true name despite never seeing it before (or maybe he did, we never do find about Apollo's past).
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 12:08   Link #2206
Shikijin

I saw on 4chan the spoilers for the next episodes.
Spoiler for ep.11-12-13:
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 12:14   Link #2207
cyberdemon

Quote:

actually the weights in his shoes have shown many time to be ineffective several times. Mostly within the first episode when he had to keep running away to add more weights because Mikono kept sending him to the verge of flying even with them in.
Old 2012-02-29, 12:15   Link #2208
Zuul

The first title : Hopefully it will be related to Kagura.

The last title :
Maybe Altea will be able to steal 2 reaglers and the aquarion if ever Jin were to be the head.

But Vega as a second vectors set, so we may end up with 2 aquarions.
Old 2012-02-29, 12:21   Link #2209
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Just stopping by to drop off some images

Spoiler for Kagura Demuri & Amata Sora DVD images recolored and redrawn but in soft style (the others are cell shaded):

Spoiler for Because I like Kagura Best --another render version of Kagura's ED picture:

Quote:
@vena, and Lord of Pandemonium, i already said mikono is most likely silvia. however until its confirmed i won't count zessica out yet. i just can't stand mikono so i am unwilling to totally accept she is all silvia.
I didn't say you said she wasn't her. I am just saying that she is a lot like Silvia. I understand you, because I really liked Silvia, I just don't care for Mikono at all but I am not disappointed in her yet. She has shown courage and I understand that she's the way she is because she didn't have an elemental powers. Fearlessness is another word for stupidity in my opinion. True bravery is having the courage of your convictions in the face of fear and doing it anyway. So she's a brave soul. I just don't like her chemistry with Amata or should I say lack thereof. Because I really like Amata, not more than Kagura due to my love for the OS. But I like him, I would just prefer him with Zessica. I don't believe that Zessica is any parts of Silvia--and I am not sure I want her to be while I'm so convinced that Kagura is Apollo. Because I would prefer to see him with Mikono because I like strong brutish guys with gentile timid girls (I think is a throwback from my historical romance novel days)

I actually think her character will improve during the series...at least I hope it does.

@Zuul. I expect Kagura to get development, I just think his development is a major plot point and that's why he hasn't had it yet. Futoba had a mini arc, he was a key player in about 4-5 episodes. So Jin doing the same, is a throwback to the OS.

Okay gotta go...just stopped by to post these
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 12:54   Link #2210
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Spoiler for Nyantype NSFW:
Old 2012-02-29, 13:24   Link #2211
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Spoiler for Nyantype NSFW:
*NOSEBLEED EXPLOSION*

*typing in a hospital bed*

I guess they're making up for last month's lack of Nyantype and Megami scans. Now to wait for Megami's scan.....

By the way, Divine over on the Random Curiosity blog made a very interesting point. Maybe somebody here already mentioned it and it got lost in the wals of text in the last bunch of pages......

But what if it was Mikono's Element power to draw people together that brought about Zessica's feelings for Amata? As Divine also pointed out, her big realization last episode was after the trio's battle....
Old 2012-02-29, 14:00   Link #2212
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
But what if it was Mikono's Element power to draw people together that brought about Zessica's feelings for Amata? As Divine also pointed out, her big realization last episode was after the trio's battle....
The thing is that she doesn't just generate bonds that don't already exist, otherwise Cayenne should be boy-crushing all over Amata if just piloting with her makes people form lovey-dovey bonds. You also need at least some sort of mutual connection which Mikono makes solid -> Mix and Andy.

Its inconsistent to say that she popped out Zessica's feelings out of nothing as it was getting its own development for several episodes prior, unless, to match this episode, she was connecting Zessica and Amata which in turn led to Zessica realizing how she felt. To argue that she made Zessica fall in love/have feelings is inconsistent with what happened with Mix and Andy.

Spoiler for Guessing on the episode titles:
Old 2012-02-29, 14:13   Link #2213
Zuul

Spoiler for title episode 13:
Old 2012-02-29, 14:22   Link #2214
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Spoiler for title episode 13:
That'd be my first guess on 13 too. Something bad between Zessica, Mikono, and Amata. The fact that the three pilots in Donar's flashback look so similar seems non-accidental.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 14:55   Link #2215
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
That'd be my first guess on 13 too. Something bad between Zessica, Mikono, and Amata. The fact that the three pilots in Donar's flashback look so similar seems non-accidental.
Seem similar to whom? They certainly don't resemble Amata/Mikono/Zessica, if that's what you're going for... though I can see the event being the case:

Spoiler for Donar Incident:

But why would Fudo allow such a thing to occur?
Old 2012-02-29, 14:58   Link #2216
Zuul

Quote:
Seem similar to whom? They certainly don't resemble Amata/Mikono/Zessica, if that's what you're going for... though I can see the event being the case:

Spoiler for Donar Incident:

But why would Fudo allow such a thing to occur?
Because of human mistake. Failing to see how the things did evolve between the 3.
Old 2012-02-29, 14:59   Link #2217
miketyson

I remembered them as being young Donar, who looked a lot like Amata with some Andy mixed in, his girlfriend, who had long purple-blue hair and a longish face, and then a third girl with shortish green hair and a rounder face. So just by appearance alone I remember them resembling Amata-Mikono-Zessica.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 15:15   Link #2218
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Because of human mistake. Failing to see how the things did evolve between the 3.
He's the one who put them together, and he's known about everything else going on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
I remembered them as being young Donar, who looked a lot like Amata with some Andy mixed in, his girlfriend, who had long purple-blue hair and a longish face, and then a third girl with shortish green hair and a rounder face. So just by appearance alone I remember them resembling Amata-Mikono-Zessica.
Courtesy of RC: Donar and his two girls.

I don't see any similarities (Donar looks like a less angry Cayenne, the girl looks like jumpsuit girl in the class, and the last one doesn't look like anyone and is blonde). I'm not against the idea but the reasoning that they look similar seems like a loooong stretch. Its more telling to call Donar's concern for Amata before as (bitter) foreshadowing of what will inevitably happen to Amata. But, again, this doesn't answer the questions concerning Fudo's all-knowing record.
Old 2012-02-29, 15:20   Link #2219
cyberdemon

Quote:
But, again, this doesn't answer the questions concerning Fudo's all-knowing record.
because it's been hinted he's been around 24000 years
Old 2012-02-29, 15:34   Link #2220
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
The thing is that she doesn't just generate bonds that don't already exist, otherwise Cayenne should be boy-crushing all over Amata if just piloting with her makes people form lovey-dovey bonds. You also need at least some sort of mutual connection which Mikono makes solid -> Mix and Andy.
Except you're automatically assuming several things that are never stated or in any way really inferred either. Why do you assume Mikono's power works every time she pilots Aquarion? Where are you getting the "they need a previous bond" thing?

Quote:
Its inconsistent to say that she popped out Zessica's feelings out of nothing as it was getting its own development for several episodes prior, unless, to match this episode, she was connecting Zessica and Amata which in turn led to Zessica realizing how she felt. To argue that she made Zessica fall in love/have feelings is inconsistent with what happened with Mix and Andy.
A bit of "putting words in my mouth" there, as I never said Zessica's feelings "popped out of nowhere."
Furthermore, Zessica's "development" of her feelings for Amata for "several episodes" isn't quite true. Right off the bat, the whole love-zapping-armband bit showed that she didn't have serious feelings for Amata at the time and that she was just a cat playing with her "food." (otherwise we would have gotten zapped Zessica) Last episode didn't really show anything special between her and Amata either; she did her usual teasing bit, then was scared about the ghost story so she stuck around near the guy she found most interesting. Not to say there was nothing there at all (she did find him interesting because of that first battle and the Dogeza attack back in episode 3), but nothing special started happening until last episode.
You're again assuming something; why does Mikono's power need to be "consistent"? For that matter, what's "consistent" in terms of describing Mikono's power? Can she make people fully fall in love? Is her power a build-over-time thing? We have next to no idea about the detailed workings of her power, but you're talking like you're an expert.
Mikono is obviously not consciously aware of her powers, hence why she and most everybody else thinks she doesn't have Element powers. So obviously her powers are only operating unconsciously, so how would they be "consistent"? Why would they be working all the time?
Lastly, you're debating with the wrong person; as I pointed out, this theory is Divine's on Random Curiosity. I wouldn't even call it a full-on theory; it sounded more like a little more than a passing comment. If you want to debate it, you should talk to him. I simply agree with him in that it's an interesting possibility.

Quote:
Courtesy of RC: Donar and his two girls.
By the way, Random Curiosity doesn't allow hotlinking; try clicking on that link.

Tags
comedy, science fiction