AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-05, 13:27   Link #1541
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo0 View Post
EDIT. Huzzah! My Haruhi DVDs are here! Anyone want pictures? I would be very happy to provide.
Please and thank you. :3

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Old 2010-06-05, 14:49   Link #1542
Mungo0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckendrick View Post
Please and thank you. :3
Well, okay. Since you asked so nicely.

Spoiler for bandwidth heavy:

Spoiler for EXTREMELY BANDWIDTH HEAVY- A look at the contents of the DVDs. Seriously, bandwidth heavy.:
Old 2010-06-09, 00:31   Link #1543
Animexcel

I finally got a frame xD

Old 2010-06-09, 01:24   Link #1544
Mungo0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
I finally got a frame xD
Hah, slightly big, perhaps. :P But then the poster isn't standard B2 size, is it? I think it's slightly bigger than that, IIRC. Where did you get your frame from? I also need a frame for my Haruhi posters - I don't want to risk blu-tack stains.
Old 2010-06-09, 01:53   Link #1545
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Bah! I need that poster!! Perhaps Ebay will yield kindly towards me. A frame would be nice too. (As would more wall space )

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Old 2010-06-09, 01:54   Link #1546
Animexcel

Quote:
Hah, slightly big, perhaps. :P But then the poster isn't standard B2 size, is it? I think it's slightly bigger than that, IIRC. Where did you get your frame from? I also need a frame for my Haruhi posters - I don't want to risk blu-tack stains.
I think it is B2 size. I couldn't find any frames that carried the exact frame size, I had a 20x30 but the poster was like a half inch too wide. I bought it at Walmart. If the poster is special to me, I will frame it! I wouldn't want to tape it and risk getting ripped.
Old 2010-06-09, 02:22   Link #1547
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Would anyone know where this is obtainable, thats not a possible china knock-off?

Spoiler for :

Old 2010-06-09, 02:24   Link #1548
Mungo0

Try looking at Hobbylink Japan, or indeed use the link that I sent you in my PM - and ask to buy that. Actually, you can do the same with the poster.
Old 2010-06-09, 02:29   Link #1549
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Where did you get your frame from? I also need a frame for my Haruhi posters - I don't want to risk blu-tack stains.
Alternatively, if you're feeling a bit artsy-craftsy, you can make a frame yourself, like I did for the Bunny Girls jigsaw puzzle.
Old 2010-06-09, 02:30   Link #1550
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

It says the figure is discontinued on hlj. :/

Old 2010-06-09, 12:03   Link #1551
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Official notice of the Haruhi-chan and Nyoroon~Churuya-san BD Box has finally arrived on the official website!

So it's one disc in a special box drawn by Kyoto Animation. The disc itself is double-layered on one side. The animation is in 1080p with one part of the bonus features in 1080i. The bonus features are the 5 DVD CMs, a special BD CM, and textless OP/ED/special OP. English subtitles are confirmed for voices, but not for any signs or other text.

Not surprisingly for Haruhi releases there is a random element: you will get one of three postcards. It will either be of the cover art, the box art, or of the Taniguchi demon art.

Fortunately for those who bought the DVDs, neither the OST CD or the Special DVD features will be included in this set. No cover art was put onto the site.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-06-13, 06:52   Link #1552
roankun
Tsundere Lover

To anyone who owns a cheerleader Haruhi figure:

How do you make her hold those Haruhidamned pompoms!?
Even if I try those fists with holes (???) I can't seem to figure out how to position them so she holds them properly.
Old 2010-06-14, 15:29   Link #1553
Mungo0

I have just received an email from CDJapan informing me of some Haruhi merchandise. They does not appear to be high quality merchandise judging by the pictures, but it is still merchandise nevertheless.

First up - we have a fan with Yuki on it.

It is retailing for 1500 yen (inc tax) and will be released on 2010/08/28.

Second is a knapsack - again with Yuki on it.
It retails for 1800 yen, and will also be released on 2010/08/28.

Third and last piece of merchandise is a tapestry, with Yuki on it. It is B2 sized, so the same size of a poster, retails at 3800 yen and has the same release date - 2010/08/28.

They all appear to be pre-order only, so if you want them, I would get them as soon as possible before the preorder deadline hits - 2010/06/25
As for me, I'll be deciding when pictures of the actual products arrive, not placeholders. The B2 tapestry intrigues me though.
Old 2010-06-14, 15:34   Link #1554
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
I have just received an email from CDJapan informing me of some Haruhi merchandise. They does not appear to be high quality merchandise judging by the pictures, but it is still merchandise nevertheless.

First up - we have a fan with Yuki on it.

It is retailing for 1500 yen (inc tax) and will be released on 2010/08/28.

Second is a knapsack - again with Yuki on it.
It retails for 1800 yen, and will also be released on 2010/08/28.

Third and last piece of merchandise is a tapestry. It is B2 sized, so the same size of a poster, retails at 3800 yen and has the same release date - 2010/08/28.

They all appear to be pre-order only, so if you want them, I would get them as soon as possible before the preorder deadline hits - 2010/06/25
As for me, I'll be deciding when pictures of the actual products arrive, not placeholders. The B2 tapestry intrigues me though.
Those look to be some of the items that some theatres were selling at the movie. You may be able to find pictures on Yahoo auctions of the actual products. I suppose that they still had a lot of stock left of these ones.

Old 2010-06-15, 00:51   Link #1555
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
To anyone who owns a cheerleader Haruhi figure:

How do you make her hold those Haruhidamned pompoms!?
Even if I try those fists with holes (???) I can't seem to figure out how to position them so she holds them properly.
You need to take her hands off. Then stick the pompoms on and they should be fine.

Yeah, her goddamn hands need to BECOME pompoms.
Old 2010-06-15, 03:31   Link #1556
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Sounds like something Haruhi would say.

"YOU MUST BECOME ONE WITH THE POMPOMS MIKURU! OOONE WITH THE POOOOOOMPOOOOOOMS..."
Old 2010-06-16, 05:36   Link #1557
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Yeah, her goddamn hands need to BECOME pompoms.
No shit? No wonder I couldn't get her to hold them. -_-" This is what happens when you only buy figures and nendoroids... ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
"YOU MUST BECOME ONE WITH THE POMPOMS MIKURU! OOONE WITH THE POOOOOOMPOOOOOOMS..."
Lol, I can imagine her saying that.
Old 2010-06-16, 10:44   Link #1558
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
No shit? No wonder I couldn't get her to hold them. -_-" This is what happens when you only buy figures and nendoroids... ^^
So this is your first Figma?

Quote:
Lol, I can imagine her saying that.
But then this is Haruhi we're talking about, remember?
Of course, having omnipotent powers...

Anyone have a spare cookie?
Old 2010-06-17, 16:54   Link #1559
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

For all of our fans of Minoru Shirashi, we have a nice surprise! On September 24th there will be a special DVD of his adventures around Japan released. "Taniguchi travels on a journey of miraculous discovery" will encompass the special segments released on the 2009 limited edition DVD discs. Price is set at 3,300 yen for the DVD.

Source: Sofmap

Old 2010-06-18, 17:00   Link #1560
Rungelunge

I've been waiting for this
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...-22/ref=nosim/

Closed Thread