AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-27, 21:02   Link #2261
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Even my tankiest warrior carries a bow just to annoy the target so it will close in. Either that or your companion should be bow oriented.
======
My "half-Khajiit" cat girl sneak thief experiment is actually turning out fun. I've tweaked it a few times to make sure she was balanced and now she's about to face Karliah. The "cat ears and tail" (Kaw kit) mean that she can't use loot drops in the head/necklace slots and must enchant as she goes along. Light armor only, Added the nighteye spell and unarmed bonus and slightly speeded up her weapon speed but reduced her HP/stamina growth rate and set her size scale to 0.85 and weight scale to 0.0.

The result seems fairly cat like. Two-handed warriors give her hell and she prays for backstab insta-kills or just avoids the confrontation unless she has help. The night vision is occasionally useful, and frankly she rarely uses unarmed unless the weapons were blown away by a Draugr shout.
She prefers to shop with the nomadic Khajiit and her Breton human half means the Nords don't like her much anyway.
Old 2012-02-27, 21:15   Link #2262
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Did you post pics of this catgirl yet? Am I interested? It is a catgirl, of course I'm interested!
Old 2012-02-27, 21:28   Link #2263
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Did you post pics of this catgirl yet? Am I interested? It is a catgirl, of course I'm interested!
most likely the cat ear wig mod.
Old 2012-02-27, 22:28   Link #2264
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd have probably blown it off except that there's even a book in Skyrim discussing races, breeding, and intermixing so I thought it'd be amusing.

Album link, Kamiko the half Khajiit sneak thief -> http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?albumid=3616 (keep the thread tidy)

Like I said above, used a combination of the Kaw cat-ear kit, a particular hair mod, Fountain of Youth face mods and the CBBE mod (I've given up on the slim mods because so few are making armor for them, I just set the sliders to minimum).

Over in Drake's album, runaway trading sister Camilla didn't make it out of a Falmer dungeon alive.... so while Drake was passing through a small village on his own, a young homeless teen latched onto him. She's really good at backstabbing and bow work, so while Drake gets the party going she moves quietly around extracting kidneys. (Highly modified using the Rebecca mod as a jumping off idea). http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?albumid=3590

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-02-27 at 22:50.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 23:52   Link #2265
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Do you need a mod to have an NPC (like a wife) or follower put on clothes or armor you'd like them to wear? I haven't tried yet. Do you use command console?

Vexx, what are some tips on playing a sneak thief? About that character that I redirected from an earlier save, I leveled her up for a bit, and then didn't really play the game much for many days, but now I am starting to play more again, and I was playing around with the idea of making her a scout (even though she has many perks in pickpocketing), but I might want to make her a pure thief (I have perks in archery and I have...three perks in smithing, and then the rest are in stealth skill trees).

Gah, I think I'll just make her a thief character and make another character a scout.

I'm only interested in light armor that is stuff like fur armor, hide armor, and leather armor. How do you manage to survive when you have like 3 bandits with two-handed weapons coming at you? Do you smith armor to legendary? Do you have perks in light armor?
Old 2012-02-28, 00:03   Link #2266
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Do you need a mod to have an NPC (like a wife) or follower put on clothes or armor you'd like them to wear? I haven't tried yet. Do you use command console?
It's one of the major flaws of Skyrim. So yes, there is a mod to fix it. Just search for follower equipment mods in the Nexus. I saw it somewhere.
Old 2012-02-28, 02:16   Link #2267
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Yes, there are several different flavors of mods so you may just have to test them. Some leave the poor follower naked to start with, others have more control. Even with those, you try to make sure they only have what you want them to wear - so some "dress up testing" is usually required to get them to use the items you want them to use.

Quote:
Vexx, what are some tips on playing a sneak thief? About that character that I redirected from an earlier save, I leveled her up for a bit, and then didn't really play the game much for many days, but now I am starting to play more again, and I was playing around with the idea of making her a scout (even though she has many perks in pickpocketing), but I might want to make her a pure thief (I have perks in archery and I have...three perks in smithing, and then the rest are in stealth skill trees).
Well, in my case, its somewhat fragile class -- so, like a sneak thief, I try to have my exit strategies in play at all times ("run away!!"). Its tough to play properly with a follower so I only bring a tank girl along if I know its going to be a frontal assault. As fast as possible, max out stealth and keep a dagger in the right hand for insta-kills and a sword in the left for general wacking (ymmv). Yeah, get just enough smithing to be able to upgrade magic items -- I also minced on enchanting initially, relying mostly on drops. I had the most trouble with pickpocketing til I could get a boost from the pickpocket trainers (the beggar in Windhelm and the pro in the Thieves Guild, for instance).

Quote:
Gah, I think I'll just make her a thief character and make another character a scout.
Yeah, I actually did that as well (they're not a LOT different, but its more an urban vs rural feel), my scout/ranger is idling for now.

Quote:
I'm only interested in light armor that is stuff like fur armor, hide armor, and leather armor. How do you manage to survive when you have like 3 bandits with two-handed weapons coming at you? Do you smith armor to legendary? Do you have perks in light armor?
Some perks in light armor (5 base and a few for good fit bonuses or such). Smith the gear as high as you can at all times (some of my stuff at lvl 30 is EPIC). And run away... a lot. Thieve again another day.

I solo'd the "lighthouse adventure" in Solitude with a lot of patient sneaking, backstabbing, sniping, and running.... once I did shout a couple of 2h bandits into the water so they'd have to swim around while I finished the others up. The thief doesn't typically shout, its embarrassing and loud. And I do stock up big time on health potions for that occasional "trapped and have to just bluster my way out" moment.
Old 2012-02-28, 09:55   Link #2268
Ryus
The One Eyed King

I've been lurking here for just over a week now. Long story short I picked up Skyrim for pc just so I could experance all the crazy mods out there (already had the game on xbox) after reading about some of the mods here. Of course being so long since I played a game on pc my graphics card just couldnt handle the game, but I've now upgraded it and my power supply and skyrim runs on the highest graphics setting like a dream (even with the offical hg mod).

I've looked at most of steamworkshops mods (and tried to play with 198 of them at once) but after a bit of troubleshooting found out about the 50 mod limit (at least until next patch) and grudging reduced the mods to 50... well anyways I was wondering if anyone here had a top mod list of mods solely on nexusmods or know of any good top mod lists out there. Theres just so many more mods there and after a week of trouble shooting I just wanna play with as many of the best mods asap.

Thxs in advance.

Also can you add mods to an exsisting character or should I make a new character after adding mods? Seems like a bit of work if so...

Sorry this consul player needs a crash course in pc gaming , so far minus the cost of new hardware I cant recall why I went solo consul games like 10 years back.

Oh and is there any good anime related mods yet? Id kill for a sword from Claymore or Berserk for example.

Oh and is there a list of the commands you can type now that ive got the pc version.

And are there any good mods that let you restore the Blades more than you can in the vinilla game? Now that I got the fix so I dont have to kill my fav dragon I carecabout them again.
Old 2012-02-28, 14:54   Link #2269
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I was unaware of the Steam limit of mods (I haven't bothered using them since nexus and freelancing suits my purpose), so thanks for that info.

You can indeed add mods to an existing character (they're just a data file), just be careful of ones that adjust perks or fudge with quest line elements (like you can set Rolff the Racist to killable, but it might hamper a couple of Thief Guild quests later if you kill him).
I have mods to Lydia and a few other characters (things like adjusting how she uses gear, fixing some behavior issues, appearance). The only new character I've added was the street waif Rebecca seen in some of my recent pics and she's not entirely original (copped the idea elements from the Rebecca mod on nexus but altered her looks and her skills/behavior).

There's about 10 or 15 anime mods I've found passable, mostly clothing or face/body mods. Seems like there's a few for swords but you'd just have to browse the weapons category on Nexus.

console commands: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/C...s_%28Skyrim%29

As always, be wary and careful - many commands may have unintended consequences. (e.g. godmode "tgm" will turn off your Steam achieves recording if you care about that). The ones I most often make use of are
prid xxxxxxx (to target an NPC if they're not in range to see)
help "text string" 4 (to find the item number of a thing like, say, "steel ingot")
player.additem xxxxxx y (to add "y" quantity of "xxxxxx" to your inventory).
I mostly use those when I'm too tired to actually go hunt down the items.

The Creation Kit is quite useful for altering followers/NPCs/fixing little things you don't like, but I will say I found it a bit unintuitive at first. Just figuring out how to call up Lydia's data elements took me 10 or 15 minutes trying to understand the interface environment.

There is a resurrect command but I'm not sure how it affects non-follower NPCs nor how it affects quest lines associated with that NPC.
Old 2012-02-28, 16:42   Link #2270
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Please link to those "passable" anime faces.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 16:49   Link #2271
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

New (minor) patch available for the PC version of Skyrim (1.4.27):
Spoiler for changelog:
Old 2012-02-28, 17:24   Link #2272
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Steam automatically updates. Will I need new versions of SKSE and script dragon now?
Old 2012-02-28, 17:33   Link #2273
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Mods (clothing, weapons, hair) .... I haven't seen any face mods I like though there's a couple of "asian face" mods and a few "final fantasy" face mods - but the ones I tinkered with had "unintended consequences" (poorly tested by developer).
Old 2012-02-28, 17:35   Link #2274
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Mods (clothing, weapons, hair) .... I haven't seen any face mods I like though there's a couple of "asian face" mods and a few "final fantasy" face mods - but the ones I tinkered with had "unintended consequences" (poorly tested by developer).
Final Fantasy face mods? I haven't seen any of those on mod sites, only latex masks.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 18:31   Link #2275
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Final Fantasy face mods? I haven't seen any of those on mod sites, only latex masks.
Ah, is that what they are? I wasn't really interested so hadn't paid much attention -- if I want that sort of style there are plenty of asian MMOs to play (Perfect World, Rappelz, etc). Seriously, the only reason I tried creating my little half-Khajiit is that the lore suggests it (one of the books floating around skyrim). She's snared Kharjo for a follower ... personally, I think they shouldn't let him into a city if they don't let Kharjiit caravans in.
Old 2012-02-29, 03:22   Link #2276
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Personally i don't nor want to get into any MMO's (my lineage 2 addiction was more then enough for me to learn my lesson) so having some beautification done to the game is my cup of tea (especially since i already played vanilla like crazy).

Quote:
This are pretty much the only ones i know of:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=6953

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8583
Old 2012-02-29, 06:46   Link #2277
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Wasn't objecting to the idea (I use a number of "high fantasy beautification" tweaks myself... just haven't found any asian/anime mods that didn't screw up other things (e.g. the asian face mod screws up my other character designs). Basically, they need to be non-replacer mods.

Here's a question I've run into and research hasn't helped answer:
Which AI package contains the data for a follower to know where to go home after being dismissed? Where is that assigned? I'm ransacking the actor files via the CK and can't find it anywhere. I'm guessing its buried somewhere in one of the AI packages but one might think it would be pulled out into its own interface field. Guess I'll burrow around in Lydia's file unless someone has an answer.

Right now, my petite follower Rebecca refuses to leave even if dismissed. She changes into her default clothing but tags along even if I have another follower or quest follower. She has vanished once and been found in my Breezehome but as soon as she sees me, she's tagging along again. I can hire and dismiss her no problem. She just won't stay home

edit: never mind... I blew all the changes away and started from scratch, also blew "Drake" away as he had gotten gimped (all the followers said he already had a follower). Now "Dravik" the sword/board Nord and "Misty" the long-tressed raven-haired teen are smashing the countryside up and she heads back to the inn properly when necessary.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-03-01 at 01:17.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 00:27   Link #2278
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

One of the unannounced changes I found as part of the 1.4.27 update, is that Skyrim now supports Steam Cloud- automatically synchronising your save files onto Valve's servers and any other computers that you have logged in and installed Skyrim on. It doesn't sync game preferences though (e.g. combat difficulty, subtitle options, etc.)
Tested this myself by letting my save files sync, uninstalling Skyrim and deleting the game data folder (C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim), then reinstalling it. Had to restart the Steam client after installing Skyrim before the save files started downloading, but no other issues aside from that.
Old 2012-03-08, 17:46   Link #2279
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Okay, these Master Necromancers get on my nerves more than any other mob (even Dragon Priests). They appear to have infinite mana, rolling ice storm waves that one-shot, etc etc... in effect, broken in terms of gameplay. Even if I twink up a character to max/max/max+potionsgalore+armormax its a rough day with them. *grumble* guess I should figure out what their stats are and why it seems that way.
Old 2012-03-08, 17:52   Link #2280
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Have you tried hitting them with a sword till they stop moving? Haven't failed me yet... (But I didn't meet any till I had like 70% magic resistance).
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim