AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-08-20, 14:22   Link #2241
That was embarrasing...

Have you noticed the fact that Tsukasa was waiting for an important sms in chapter 19? Maybe from a certain Shiraishi Minoru? xDD. Was that only my imagination?? X3
723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 18:29   Link #2242
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Hard Gay and Haunted Forest

Since Shiraishi is still stuck in the Sea of Tree on the foothills of mount Fiji, I thought you all may want to know what is actually looks like from the inside.

Hard Gay Razor Ramon Sumitani is a wrestler with a special back story - he's gay, but not just any gay, HARD GAY. He eventually land himself on TV doing very funny sketches for a popular show called Daibakuten. This is one of the many Hard Gay sketches. Search for his name on youtube and you'll find more of his adventures helping strangers and doing good deeds in hard gay style.

This particular adventure has him going to the Haunted Forest of Aokigahara Juukai treasure hunting. Due to the popularity of Aokigahara as a suicide spot, many people have discovered that you can find stuff in the forest - if you're brave enough to do it. So there's now a new trend of scavenger hunting in the haunted forest. Hard Gay, being fearless and all, went into the forest looking for treasure. He even took a frequent guest from a popular antique appraisal show (like antique roadshow, only in prime time) to appraise his finds. It's an entertaining way of getting to know this very scary place.

Spoiler for Video - unhide to watch:

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-08-20 at 22:18.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 21:55   Link #2243
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Hard Gay Razon Ramon Sumitani is a wrestler with a special back story - he's gay, but not just any gay, HARD GAY. He eventually land himself on TV doing very funny sketches for a popular show called Daibakuten. This is one of the many Hard Gay sketches. Search for his name on youtube and you'll find more of his adventures helping strangers and doing good deeds in hard gay style.
I'm sure AVPlaya knows, but many don't: Hard Gay is actually straight.

As a straight-laced prude, I say this: Hard Gay is hilarious.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 03:49   Link #2244
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
I just realized something. This probably sounds random though.
The song they play during the "Next Episode" previews has always sounded familiar to me. I just now put my finger on it. It sounds like the next episode preview song for Chobits o_o I wonder why...

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 23:18   Link #2245
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Endou Aya (Miyuki) has posted some up-close and personal pictures of choco-coronets (ep1) on her blog.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 16:24   Link #2246
User65554
Disabled By Request

^Is it wrong that the only thing I find strange about that is that it is not on Konata's?
User65554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 17:48   Link #2247
Black_Rose
Black_Rose

Oh my god i love the opening theam song to this anime its sooo cute!The first time i saw it it had me cracking up because of there funny little dances!!!!
Black_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 15:56   Link #2248
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The VAs have finished recording the final episode of the show, Chihara Minori (Minami) and Hirano Aya (Konata) have both reported in their blogs (Minorin, Aaya).

Minorin says that the atmosphere in the studio every week during the recording was "healing," and said that she was happy to have been given such a nice person to play. Aaya thanked everyone and said that despite "various things" happening (maybe a reference to the director change?) it was quite a time.

Aya posted a pic of her final script, signed by the other seiyuu:

And Fukuhara Kaori has now posted a pic of the four main seiyuu, with the flowers they received at the end of the final recording session (r-l) Hirano Aya (Konata), Fukuhara Kaori (Tsukasa), Katou Emiri (Kagamin), Endou Aya (Miyuki).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-08-27 at 13:14.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 16:35   Link #2249
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

All you Konata x Kagami fans... I have good (I guess) news
Yesterday I was thinking about Konata-Kagami (again)...
Like... What if something bad will happen between them.. What if one of them die....
And stuff like that... And then (bad) idea went through my mind... "What if i try to do yuri fan-fic?"... Firstly, I said "no waaay".. I really suck at doing fan-fics you know...
But then I started really to think deeply about it...
And so it happened... I made it -_-' .. But for your own good, you should not read it.
Why you ask?
1. My english is not perfect
2. this is first time i made fan-fic
Still wanna read it?... Ok, but I warned you...
■ means picture is included - example Konata:
Oh and btw, I prefer not to read it as fast as you can.. You should imagine the situation after every sentence you read.
And btw, maybe I'll add some more pics later... I don't have those what I need now...
OK then.. Here you go:

Spoiler for Space:

Spoiler for My comment:
•••Shadow••• is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 18:53   Link #2250
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Today's the big day for L*S in Saimoe 2007... hope all those who can vote are voting for the Kagamin and Matsuri-ne-san!
Old 2007-08-26, 20:42   Link #2251
Calawain
Gaijin

Heh I tried to vote but navigating to the candidate and voting threads became a bit too much of a challenge to me. Sometimes I wish I was in the Matrix so I can just press some buttons and learn Japanese....
Calawain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 22:07   Link #2252
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozenMaidenSK View Post
All you Konata x Kagami fans... I have good (I guess) news
Yesterday I was thinking about Konata-Kagami (again)...
Like... What if something bad will happen between them.. What if one of them die....
And stuff like that... And then (bad) idea went through my mind... "What if i try to do yuri fan-fic?"... Firstly, I said "no waaay".. I really suck at doing fan-fics you know...
But then I started really to think deeply about it...
And so it happened... I made it -_-' .. But for your own good, you should not read it.
Why you ask?
1. My english is not perfect
2. this is first time i made fan-fic
Still wanna read it?... Ok, but I warned you...
■ means picture is included - example Konata:
Oh and btw, I prefer not to read it as fast as you can.. You should imagine the situation after every sentence you read.
And btw, maybe I'll add some more pics later... I don't have those what I need now...
OK then.. Here you go:

Spoiler for Space:

Spoiler for My comment:
You have violated a big taboo of fanfiction: you wrote in performing dialogue. Don't do that. Fanfiction is about description and rendering the world that you have imagined so that the reader can understand it, and writing something in pure dialogue cheapens that ideal, because that mode of writing is supposed to have the reader (who is usually a director or actor) to add their own thoughts in. That's a no-no.

Shame, because unlike all the people who would violate this rule, you can spell. And you know grammar.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 22:20   Link #2253
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

You are the second person who is telling me exactly the same thing...
Yeah I already realized that this isn't fan-fic at all (acutally I even knew it, but I didn't know how should I call it so named it "fan-fic)...
And lol, don't worry.. I decided not to make anything like this again (I knew I shouldn't do that first too.. I decided to do it just because of my Konata-Kagami virus)

And sorry I didn't understand "because unlike all the people who would violate this rule, you can spell."
•••Shadow••• is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 23:00   Link #2254
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozenMaidenSK View Post
And sorry I didn't understand "because unlike all the people who would violate this rule, you can spell."
I said it's a shame, because most of the people who would dare to call pure dialogue "fanfiction" have other problems, such as inability to spell or write in general. You can spell and your grammar is decent, so...you can do much better than this. Maybe you're just not in the right mood.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 00:26   Link #2255
takumi2k4

Ya know what?

These are what Minami needs!

F-Cup Tea and F-Cup Cookies.
takumi2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 02:38   Link #2256
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by takumi2k4 View Post
Ya know what?

These are what Minami needs!

F-Cup Tea and F-Cup Cookies.
Oh no, not those again! None of the girls need them!

...Actually, I'm curious as to how well those things sell in Japan.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 15:57   Link #2257
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Some neta to revive this thread...

So we know Yui and Yutaka are Konata's cousins. The question is - what kind? On the mother's side or father's side?

We know that Konata's father is the second son by the nature of his name - Soujirou. Usually when a guy is named jirou there is usually an older brother named ichirou. So he most likely has an aniki. No mention of his other siblings are made. We know nothing of Kanata's sibling status. We know that Yui and Yutaka 's family name is Kobayakawa. This means that:

1. They are the children of Soujirou's sister, and Kobayakawa is her husband's name, or

2. They are the children of Katana's siblings.

3. They are distant relatives

Now theories.

A. Yui and Yutaka are related to them on Soujirou's side - reason being that in Japan father's family are consider closer to mother's family, and the they felt very close to both Soujirou and Konata. Yui-nee-chan seemed to be active in the Izumi house-hold for a long time. However, that would make more sense if they're the kids of his older brother, but their last name isn't Izumi.

B. Yui and Yutaka are related to the Izumi's on Katana's side - reason being that Yutaka is also a chibi'kko and perhaps chibi gene runs in Kanata's side. But as we know from the show, sisters can sometimes be opposites due to the magical "sucking" effect. The facial features of the Kobayakawas seemed more akin to Soujirou side of the family.

C. They're not really that closely related - but the closeness indicate otherwise.

If you're interested, please come up with some new evidence to support one theory or the other, or come up with a new theory yourself.

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-09-14 at 16:34.
Old 2007-09-15, 07:21   Link #2258
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
I thought Yutaka was on Kanata's side since they are both small and sickly.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 12:38   Link #2259
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:

Now theories.

A. Yui and Yutaka are related to them on Soujirou's side - reason being that in Japan father's family are consider closer to mother's family, and the they felt very close to both Soujirou and Konata. Yui-nee-chan seemed to be active in the Izumi house-hold for a long time. However, that would make more sense if they're the kids of his older brother, but their last name isn't Izumi.
As you've said, they could be the kids of Soujirou's sister who married someone called Kobayakawa. It doesn't necessarily have to be Soujirou's aniki.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 00:22   Link #2260
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
If you're interested, please come up with some new evidence to support one theory or the other, or come up with a new theory yourself.
I've pondered this a while, myself. I want to say that they're on Kanata's side, because that gives a much more pleasant image of lasting familial bond. I've come to think that they're on Soujirou's side, though. This has everything to do with the way they're depicted.

Clearly, hair shape and color doesn't tell us much. Eye shape and color does, though. They both share (or come close to) Soujirou's eye shape, and Yui's eye color is nearly (if not) the same. Also, Soujirou occasionally has an expression that's as close as it can be to the "cat mouth" of Konata and Yui without it being out of character.

Since they share that mild resemblance with him and have no resemblance to Kanata, I'd say they're on his side of the family.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen