AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-08-02, 02:23   Link #2341
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Or maybe because he's not hanging around Haruhi all the time.
Old 2009-08-02, 02:43   Link #2342
mokuseimaru

Well, even when he's with Haruhi, I don't think he's exactly as cynical as he's shown in the anime. Though, a lot of that comes out in Disappearance , which will get animated God knows when.
mokuseimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 02:49   Link #2343
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Also depends on who's point of view we are getting. Most of Kyon's cynical parts are his internal dialogue.
Old 2009-08-08, 18:19   Link #2344
mokuseimaru

I was just wondering if anyone had looked at this spin off manga The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan. It took me a bit to figure out, but I think this is suppose to be what normal-human-Yuki remembers as having happened in the time leading up to when the real Yuki remade the world.
Old 2009-08-08, 19:24   Link #2345
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Woah there... easy on those spoilers.

But anyway, the Yuki-chan manga is a spin-off based on Disappearance(and thus, discussion for it belongs in the Spin-off thread, where it's already been started).
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 19:47   Link #2346
mokuseimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post

But anyway, the Yuki-chan manga is a spin-off based on Disappearance(and thus, discussion for it belongs in the Spin-off thread, where it's already been started).
Er, I was under the assumption that spoiler material for the novels could only be discussed in the novel thread, so I thought this would be the place for this thought.
Old 2009-08-08, 21:15   Link #2347
Setsuna.F.Seiei
Gundam Meister

so how many volume has so for been released for the light novel and manga?
Setsuna.F.Seiei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 21:24   Link #2348
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Both are currently on 9, from what I understand. However, the LN is much farther along in the storyline, for obvious reasons.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 01:04   Link #2349
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuseimaru View Post
Er, I was under the assumption that spoiler material for the novels could only be discussed in the novel thread, so I thought this would be the place for this thought.
Discussion of the Yuki-chan manga is currently being split between the Spin Off thread and the Spoilers thread. Basic stuff is in the Spin Off thread (as it is a spin off) but any discussion or speculation relating to how it is or will be involved with Disappearance should be handled in the Spoilers thread, since canon spoilers would be inappropriate in the Spin Off thread. At least until the "official" Haruhi manga deals with Disappearance, at which point you can probably discuss it here. Unless they give it its own thread (hint, hint).
Old 2009-08-09, 02:18   Link #2350
M.Marangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
[...]At least until the "official" Haruhi manga deals with Disappearance, at which point you can probably discuss it here.
The last volume 9 of the manga ended the Disappearance arc (see the posts in the last page).
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 02:39   Link #2351
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Marangio View Post
The last volume 9 of the manga ended the Disappearance arc (see the posts in the last page).
Ah... Missed that. Still can't believe no one is scanlating the Haruhi manga (not that we could mention who was if someone were). It's not like there aren't several dozen experienced scanlators out there that already know the majority of the material as if it were their own... Is it a lack of RAW availiability, or did someone get cracked down on especially hard?
Old 2009-08-09, 02:43   Link #2352
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

It's licensed, is why.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 02:48   Link #2353
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Ah... Missed that. Still can't believe no one is scanlating the Haruhi manga (not that we could mention who was if someone were). It's not like there aren't several dozen experienced scanlators out there that already know the majority of the material as if it were their own... Is it a lack of RAW availiability, or did someone get cracked down on especially hard?
It is not because it is licenced in USA?
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 03:07   Link #2354
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Hasn't stopped a lot of other manga from regular scanlation... Soul Eater, Negima, Bleach, Naruto, FMA, etc... In fact, I daresay most licensed manga have scanlation groups still doing them. Enough at least that when one isn't being scanlated (Haruhi) or even isn't being regularly scanlated (Black Lagoon), it raises the question.
Old 2009-08-09, 03:09   Link #2355
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

...Are you ASKING the mods to come down here and delete that post?
Old 2009-08-09, 04:17   Link #2356
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Hasn't stopped a lot of other manga from regular scanlation... Soul Eater, Negima, Bleach, Naruto, FMA, etc... In fact, I daresay most licensed manga have scanlation groups still doing them. Enough at least that when one isn't being scanlated (Haruhi) or even isn't being regularly scanlated (Black Lagoon), it raises the question.
All of these are mainstream. Haruhi is famous, but not mainstream. Besides, Haruhi fans care more about the novels to realy worry about the manga.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 17:52   Link #2357
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

I only read the first two manga volumes by Yen Press and I thought that the manga is not soooo great. I think it's a good example how the anime would have looked if a less "good" anime studio did it.

I enjoyed all iterations of Endless Eight more than reading the manga^^, so I can understand why nobody is translating it, but I think the license is another reason.
Old 2009-08-09, 18:00   Link #2358
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

It really picks up after the Melancholy story.
Old 2009-08-09, 18:19   Link #2359
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It really picks up after the Melancholy story.
That sounds good. I thought that the 2. volume was slightly better than the first, but the anime was still the better adaption. I already ordered the 3rd, so now I'm looking forward to it^^.
Old 2009-08-09, 18:34   Link #2360
GDB

Having not read the novels, I have a question between it and the manga. The third chapter in the third volume (Knowing Me, Knowing You; between Boredom II and Bamboo Leaf Rapsody I), is that only in the manga (like Someday in the Rain is to the anime), or is it in some other place in the novels?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga