AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2010-03-24, 12:36   Link #1
Ratiasu

Where would i start an anime blog?

Sorry if this is the wrong place but even though I've had an account here for years this is the first time i've posted so not sure about things.

Anyway, to my main point, can any one reccomend any good places to start an anime blog? I've search some threads but either they're too old or they don't answer my question that well. I have found blogger.com, but i was hoping for somewhere where it's only dedicated to anime. Anyone know of such a place?
Ratiasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 13:13   Link #2
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I have been in the Anime blogosphere for awhile and some host their blogs on Wordpress.com. However, my suggestion is to get a cheap and reliable paid web hosting and install a self-hosted Wordpress on it because Wordpress.com gets really restrictive as you can't customize or install third party themes and plugins. I don't suggest using free web hosting because sometimes they are unreliable.

Wordpress is what most people use in the Anime blogosphere, but other platforms like Movable Type and Blogger (on a self-hosted web host), but they not nearly as popular as Wordpress. My suggestion is to start your blog on Wordpress.com, and when you think you have grown enough, you can move your blog easily to a self-hosted Wordpress by exporting your posts on your blog and import them to a new location.

Also, I suggest checking in AnimeNano to list your blog there after a month of activity since it's a anime blog indexer.

Anyways, I wish you luck in making your blog...
Old 2010-03-24, 13:16   Link #3
Ratiasu

Wordpress, hmm... i'll go have a look. Thanks for the help!! Btw, what do you mean by self-hosted wordpress?
Old 2010-03-24, 13:34   Link #4
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratiasu View Post
Wordpress, hmm... i'll go have a look. Thanks for the help!! Btw, what do you mean by self-hosted wordpress?
wordpress.com = hosted wordpress blog

wordpress.org = same software available for installation on (almost) any hosting account with PHP/MySQL

The ease of wordpress.com of course is that they take care of everything (incl. upgrades), but if you are also limited by their terms of service. Running a blog about fansubs/fansub groups, p2p sharing etc. could be problematic. Though if you keep to anime content only (and not where to download etc) you're probably okay.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 14:01   Link #5
Ratiasu

okay, well it's mainly to blog anime episodes and manga chapters, would putting screeshots infringe any terms of service? if not then wordpress.com is probably fine