AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-09-22, 03:59   Link #2301
game2007

Um, I'm not sure where to post this, but it's a fandub created by some people and sure looks really real and convincing. The voices are pretty much how I expect them to be, so it's very good.

Sorry if it should be in another topic instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU82P...elated&search=
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 13:54   Link #2302
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Typically, you put these things in the "video" thread (even though it isn't musical), but it's not entirely off-topic here. This is just the garbage bin "first thread" that is usually created for every show before the mods decide whether or not it generates enough traffic to have its own forum.

edit: there's something horribly wrong with capitalism when a *FAN* effort beats the crap out of a commercial effort from "professionals". They should hire these girls to do the R1 release.

Very nice find.
Old 2007-09-22, 18:34   Link #2303
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Hmmmm, I'll take their tone quality, but the overall acting quality is....well, what I expected from a "fandub" (or to a certain extent, the usual quality from Blue Water Studios in Calgary).

The one who did Tsukasa seemed to try a bit too hard to sound cute. The one who did Kagami certainly has potential. I'm ambient on Konota's voice though I have to say the guys sounded pretty awful.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 00:23   Link #2304
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

What I think of their voices:

Konata: Not quirky enough.
Kagami: Not sarcastic enough.
Tsukasa: Generic.
Miyuki: Hardly stood out.

It's probably better than most commerical works, but it's not perfect yet.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 01:07   Link #2305
Boukenblue

Who are these girls?

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/7806/quien02ec7.jpg

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/5403/quienbk9.jpg

They apear in the episode 16 and 24.

why?

they are the protagonists of the some new Anime?

or it is a possible signal of the second season of Lucky Star?
Boukenblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 02:27   Link #2306
Teiran
NPC
*Author

Those are the Miyakawa sisters, Hikage (younger, blue hair) and Hinata (elder, pink hair) respectively. They're characters from the Lucky Star games on the DS.

Apart from their appearances in the two episodes you mentioned, the Miyakawas can also be found in episode 12 by those with eagle eyes.
Teiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 00:51   Link #2307
Boukenblue

Thank you very much.

now I can sleep. :P
Boukenblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 14:20   Link #2308
tyciol
*Artist

I am inclined to begin watching this series. Guerrand seems to have done all the recent ones, but they started at 17.

I am wondering for those who perhaps have observed multiple instances of translation what your personal recommendation for the group to go to would be.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 16:17   Link #2309
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No one has done a complete series yet. Guerrand stepped in when the other groups got blindsided by RL for a few weeks.

Which group to prefer kind of depends on your tastes.
A.F.K. does really professional typesetting and karaoke, until last month they were really "on time every time". Their font is easy to read but the color choice blends into the background and their dialog placement sometimes interferes with the action because of Lucky*Star's penchant for putting talking heads in the bottom of the screen. Their translation style is to equivalence what a japanese might say with an equivalent american character might say. So some of the japanese wordplay is lost or converted... this makes it sound more "local" for american viewers but on occasion may introduce a joke or catchphrase that simply wasn't originally there.
Guerrand is more strict on the translation but they jumped when the other groups took a breather. They've also chosen not to do the karaoke. So far they're the only ones to have done the latter part of the series. Their font style is a bit perfunctory but that goes with speed subbing, though for speed subbing it is actually a very good job.
EnA (caveat: my personal favorite) strikes a good balance in their translation, I like the color coded subtitles, and I find their font the easiest to read. However, they've been MIA on the series since late summer.
Wind was the subber of choice for the "footnotes galore" paniponidash viewer, but they went MIA on the series after only a few episodes.

No one has actually announced they're dropping L*S that I know of.
So, at the moment, I have some EnA, some a.f.k. and some Guerrand.
Old 2007-09-24, 17:05   Link #2310
Lucky_Day
Living Lucky Legend

The fan dub looks fairly good. I had forgotten about this series, but Anime Weekend Atlanta 13 was this weekend. I came back to the series and was pleased with the ending. They showed a few episodes of Lucky Star along with a number of other anime shows. On Saturday, I was one of a group of people who did the Lucky Star dance while waiting for the judges to pick a winner in an anime video contest.

The anime makes good use of color. Except for the twins, each character in the opening dance has a different hair color.

On a personal note, my mother was named Patricia. Her hair was red, like mine. She died of breast cancer in 1994.
Lucky_Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 22:25   Link #2311
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I also posted this in the episode 24 thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Lucky Star is not yet licensed for R1 (US/Canada). No company has announced it yet though it would seem likely it might follow the Suzumiya licensing route.
Funny you should mention that...

I've checked the whois on the Network Solutions website and just today (9/30) luckystaranime.com was registered... to some company in Malaysia I think, but that could easily be a front.

Make that what you will.

EDIT: and it's registered for one year...

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2007-09-30 at 23:03.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 01:12   Link #2312
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I hate to make sweeping... but 'malaysia' , regged for one year , ..... sounds fishy.
Old 2007-10-01, 11:32   Link #2313
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

someone is in chahoots with someone...i can smell it...

I'll wait for the licensed formally in an anime news network or company. btw genon has stopped licensing anime? One 'cause? Maybe...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...tion-by-friday
Old 2007-10-01, 12:31   Link #2314
Nuke Mayhem
Shopping Hero 4ever

Send a message via AIM to Nuke Mayhem Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Mayhem
Here's an idea I got for a Lucky Star/Sgt. Frog crossover movie:
The 4 LS girls head to a book store in a near by mall for a manga singing staring the staff behind popular Sgt. Frog manga, including Aki Hinata(the mom from the Sgt. Frog anime). What no one knows is that the real Keroro Platoon lives in her house. Aki's kids were there to help as well as Momoka Nishizawa and her butler Paul Moriyama (and the Keroro Platoon using their invisible barrier).
Momoka (with Tamama pretending to be a plush toy) runs into Tsukasa Hiiragi at the food court and become fast friends. Just as Momoka was letting Tsukasa hold Tamama(still acting like a plush toy), some goofy kidnappers(hired by an evil rival buisnessman of Momoka's father, looking to force the father to step down for the life of hos daughter) come by trying to figure out which of the two girls is Momoka. They don't know what she exactly looks like, all they were told was that she had short purple hair, is very shy, and usually holding this blue frog toy. The kidnappers end up kidnapping Tsukasa and Tamama by mistake and a silly but epic rescue mission begins.

The rest rights itself:
*Izumi nearly has a joy-induced seizure when she finds out the Keroro Platoon's real, temperately takes Tamama's place on the squad, and has a tearful moment with the platoon when it was time to go back to normal life (which turns into a I-don't-want-to-go fit).
*Kagami and Natsumi have a fight over what happend but become friends from their shared annoyance over the little green frog.
*Keroro figures out a way to use this kidnapping to further their invasion of earth and/or get him more gundam models(with Izumi eager to help), but the plan blows up in his face.
*Tsukasa learns to have courage from Tamama and Momoka and develops her own version of Momoka's alter ego, and both Tsukasa and Momoka's alter-egos kicks the main bad guy's ass.

What ya think?
Nuke Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 13:17   Link #2315
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's another couple of threads on the Geneon disaster in the General Anime section.
Its still not entirely clear whether ongoing productions will be completed.
Old 2007-10-01, 13:25   Link #2316
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I'd rather have a hot blooded anime like Anime Tenchou!
Old 2007-10-01, 20:34   Link #2317
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
Maybe this was discussed before, but did you guys know about the new Lucky Star single yet coming out on November 21? If so, I can't wait XD.
Old 2007-10-01, 22:04   Link #2318
Lucky_Day
Living Lucky Legend

I had not heard about that.
Lucky_Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 23:15   Link #2319
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Lucky Star single ... what?? ??
OVA? CD?

There were several character CDs released on 9/26 (of which I ordered Patty, Minami, and Yutaka)

On 10/31, we get Misao+Ayano's character CD (pre-ordered)
On 11/21, we get Nanako's character CD (pre-ordered)
maybe that's the "single" you're thinking of?
Old 2007-10-02, 06:16   Link #2320
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
^Well that sounds right. I don't know because another person had a list of people who will be releasing a single on that day. Like Ai Otsuka TOKIO, EXLE, Momusu, and thats it. But the big compition is the Ai Otsuka and Morning Musume, so I can't wait . But I think it is a little early for a setlist oO.

Last edited by xxmimixx; 2007-10-02 at 06:29.
xxmimixx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen