AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-11-22, 15:05   Link #621
Shino the black cros

boah i cant wait till the 12th december when the new achiga hen is comming (i think the raws)
Shino the black cros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 04:07   Link #622
elior

when saki will take off her shoes this mean she will start be serious
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 00:07   Link #623
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

for a monthly manga this should be more than 18 pages
Old 2011-11-25, 00:21   Link #624
Sol Falling

lol. Compared to the longass breaks and irregular scanlation schedule we had some time ago, this much is still pretty satisfying, actually. With two spinoff mangas also coming out regularly, even if the main chapters are as always pretty short, I still feel like we're getting a lot of Saki.

Anybody else catch the two new Saki Biyori chapters? They are seriously cute, lol. I dunno how that author comes up with her material, 'cause even though it's obviously new material, not only does the characterization still feel pretty accurate and canonical, but it's also interesting! lol. Really good stuff.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 06:12   Link #625
dingmajiao

I hate to admit but after 8 pages of Saki last month, 18 pages this month is HUGE!
dingmajiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 14:24   Link #626
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
for a monthly manga this should be more than 18 pages
This is actually still a bi-weekly manga. It's just when the Saki matches come, Ritz always takes break after break.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 22:04   Link #627
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
This is actually still a bi-weekly manga. It's just when the Saki matches come, Ritz always takes break after break.
We're used to seeing this

"Saki will be taking a break for the next issue xx/xx. Saki will be out on the xx/xx"
Old 2011-11-28, 10:59   Link #628
dingmajiao

I just brought the extra book for Saki (Maho teaching how do your play Mahjong with some other character data)

Really interesting stuff, especially the stats to the players.. Will post the stats when I'm free..
Old 2011-12-05, 13:53   Link #629
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingmajiao View Post
I just brought the extra book for Saki (Maho teaching how do your play Mahjong with some other character data)

Really interesting stuff, especially the stats to the players.. Will post the stats when I'm free..
I think i've seen that somewhere but i can't read jp so i did me little good . But i look forward to seeing the player stats
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 20:27   Link #630
dingmajiao

Here's for Kiyosumi first..
And btw, Takei Hisa is officially > Haramura Nodoka

Spoiler for Saki power:

Last edited by dingmajiao; 2011-12-05 at 20:57.
Old 2011-12-05, 20:30   Link #631
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....

Poor Kyotaro!
Old 2011-12-05, 20:34   Link #632
dingmajiao

I thought Mako was freaking high in the stats, despite only being 3/5 overall.. I guess 'Luck' is too much of a decider..
Old 2011-12-05, 20:49   Link #633
Sol Falling

Yeah, I was thinking "wth" with Mako (and Hisa) having 3s and 4s being thrown around everywhere, despite still coming behind/even with Saki/Nodoka who've got a bunch of 1s or 2s. Seems like the "overall" power level really is weighted heavily towards certain stats in particular. Still, quite interesting stuff anyway.

I'm happy about Hisa being godly and getting 5/5 over Nodoka, but then I have to wonder how things will look overall when all the other schools get thrown in. Like, for example, Touka. She's a sleeping dragon for sure, probably a 5/5 no doubt. But, for Nodoka to be below her seems kinda wrong...

Would you know what "latency" is supposed to mean exactly? It's Yuuki's highest stat...
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 20:57   Link #634
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Would you know what "latency" is supposed to mean exactly? It's Yuuki's highest stat...
潜在する力 is what is written there.. I checked it up in dictionary and the best word I can find is latency.. Ah! I think I should change it to Potential.. -.-' I was thinking about using that word, but I thought it had more to do with the ability to just slip through during matches..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Yeah, I was thinking "wth" with Mako (and Hisa) having 3s and 4s being thrown around everywhere, despite still coming behind/even with Saki/Nodoka who've got a bunch of 1s or 2s. Seems like the "overall" power level really is weighted heavily towards certain stats in particular. Still, quite interesting stuff anyway.

I'm happy about Hisa being godly and getting 5/5 over Nodoka, but then I have to wonder how things will look overall when all the other schools get thrown in. Like, for example, Touka. She's a sleeping dragon for sure, probably a 5/5 no doubt. But, for Nodoka to be below her seems kinda wrong...
There's only 3 more 5/5 overall players left.. Amae Koromo, Kajiki Yumi and Fukuji Mihoko.. Touka is only 4/5.. I'm surprised Kajiki is 5/5 anyway!
Old 2011-12-05, 21:23   Link #635
dingmajiao

I think Latency probably means Potential here..
Old 2011-12-06, 02:21   Link #636
Chandalen

latency in this case probably = latent

: present and capable of emerging or developing but not now visible, obvious, active, or symptomatic <a latent infection>

aka ~=potential in other terms
Chandalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 04:04   Link #637
dingmajiao

Ryuumonbuchi and the other Schools.

Spoiler for Saki power:
Old 2011-12-06, 05:20   Link #638
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Koromo's sense is too low i think. Her ability to read the tiles is high enough for her to instinctively know who is making a high point hand. They should have used a 10 point score or higher since you can end up with a lot of 5s
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 06:12   Link #639
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
They should have used a 10 point score or higher since you can end up with a lot of 5s
I totally agree.. Some of the stats just seem wrong! Kajiki Yumi > Touka? Nodoka? No way!!!

Anyone care to post their own stat lines? =D
Old 2011-12-07, 14:24   Link #640
night_sentinel

Thanks dingmajiao for posting the stats. Though, I do agree with you some of the stats does not make sense and they really should have made a 10 point system.

I'm currently wondering how overall is computed because its certainly not the average score of the player. I'm with you that some stats like 'luck' would be given more considerations but it seemed at least more than 50 percent of the overall comes from luck. And I suppose it reflects reality since mahjong is more about luck.

On the Overall stat I think its the official tier list and since I've got nothing to do I'll comment on the placement of the people on the overall.

5/5 Players

Saki
This one is a no-brainer . Do I really need to justify this one?
Has the ability to Rinshan almost at will, can 'sense' incoming danger, is unfairly good at drawing tiles to the point of statistical anomaly.

Koromo
Another duh. I think no one will contest a 5/5 for Koromo. Can prevent people from going to tenpai, can get haitei whenever you give her the chance and yes can actually sense any incoming danger or tenpai from another player.

So now that we got that out of the way, we'll get to the controversial parts. You know this stats would make be a lot easier if Saki and Koromo get a + on their 5/5 meaning if special conditions are met they are boosted to 6/5 or whatever. That meant Koromo on a full moon and Saki getting serious and motivated.

Hisa
We'll actually I won't contest this. (not because I'm biased or anything ) Hisa actually deserves to be a 5/5 player. She has a good eye for strategy and her superpower is not bad either getting the tile she needed from bad waits is a mental weapon against her opponents and it makes her unpredictable somewhat since you don't know if she took t a bad wait or not.

Mihoko
If Hisa is on 5/5, it also meant that Mihoko gets a 5/5 since in their last match their more or less even with Mihoko winning by a small margin. Besides this she also has a nice ability which is like the all seeing eye which allows her to plan very well. She seemed to have a good grasp of tactics. And well she did win the individuals.

Yumi
Actually, I have no problem with Yumi being a 5/5 player. For one her last match is with Koromo and Saki. Even Mihoko and Hisa will have a hard time fighting those two and from the non-canon or canon individuals Hisa does have a hard time fighting Saki even with the specific strategy that she developed and in a sense all of the other player ganging up on Saki. (And if Saki remembers that she can win with tiles other than Rinshan and not try to be predictable then it would be almost impossible. )
Besides, in the individuals Hisa and Yumi have almost the same score. And it is implied in the manga in the score sheets that when Ms. Katsudon and Hisa fought Yumi, Yumi won.

Touka
Now, the player that I really want to contest is Touka. 'Cold Touka' is easily 5/5 or even 6/5 depending on how serious Saki and Koromo played- I don't care that Koromo and Saki is not in their full power without the moon or not motivated enough. Just beating those two even when they are playing around once will qualify someone for a 5/5 and 'Cold Touka' beat them along with Ms. Katsudon several times.

The only way I can accept this is if it is somehow the tournament stats and Cold Touka does not in anyway factor in. In the tournament 4/5 actually makes sense with Touka since her skill is on par with Nodoka.

Nodoka
Well, considering that recent chapters showed that she is not completely immune to all superpowers I actually think that this rank is fitting. Nodoka plays efficiently and will maximize whatever tile that was given to her and almost unperturbed by her opponents antics . In a realistic game, this is enough to be the best player. Unfortunately, in this universe there are haxor abilities. Nodoka needs to gain an ability or to level her magical resistance to a total nullifying field.

Momoko
Well, even if it looks like Nodoka > Momoko. Its mostly because Nodoka is scissor to Momoko's paper. If we look at the match they actually have a close score gain. And beside becoming invisible is actually a pretty cool ability if it works since its like stealth mode where you can ron someone even when the opponent could have easily avoided it.

Kana
Just like Yumi, Kana may have a poor showing due to the fact that well she's playing Saki and Koromo. But, judging from the high scoring tiles she was getting then she has actually a good ability. And from what I can see she can actually see the dora in the wall which is a really good. But, her grasp of tactics leave much to be desired so giving her the benefit of the doubt 4/5.

Hajime
Another controversial one, but she did a good job against Hisa and not getting trounced and even getting a positive score from the whole affair even being blindsided by Hisa's bad waits. And since Hisa is 5/5 I suppose its possible that Hajime is 4/5.

I'll stop here for now.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri