AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-11-12, 13:00   Link #21
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple84 View Post
i dunno why u say askin for direct download is a bad bad thing??? i am sure once in ur life u have dl many other things such as music or anime epi through direct download link.. so then is that bad?
what minhtam means is that we don't want to get banned.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 16:40   Link #22
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
what minhtam means is that we don't want to get banned.
Probably should just use private messaging or something.

By the way, couldn't they try giving Tiamat, Marcosius, or Behemoth the same little adventures that Alastor went through in the Shana-tan specials?
lua thien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 16:55   Link #23
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
By the way, couldn't they try giving Tiamat, Marcosius, or Behemoth the same little adventures that Alastor went through in the Shana-tan specials?
well, they did have that bit where Margery stole Tiamat.... ("ugly", "odious", "oddball" )

I'd say the main problem is that while Alastor can be considered almost a separate entity from Shana (thanks to stuff like the phone conversation), it's kind of hard to separate Tiamat from Wilhelmina, since all she does is put one liners inbetween Wilhelmina's thoughts, or Marcosius from Margery, since all he ever does in his spare time is make jokes about his flame haze. As for Behemoth, him and Kashim rather lack character after only one appearance in the anime, and its kinda hard to make fun of someone that lacking in oddities (especially when we've got the far cuter Hecate to cover the "emotionally detached" cliche)
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 20:44   Link #24
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple84 View Post
i dunno why u say askin for direct download is a bad bad thing??? i am sure once in ur life u have dl many other things such as music or anime epi through direct download link.. so then is that bad?
Well, not that it's all bad... except that because Shana is licensed, you at least shouldn't be asking about it in a public forum.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 01:15   Link #25
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for Shana-tan Begins:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 01:59   Link #26
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Spoiler for Wotcha talkin' about Shanatan?:

Other cappery
http://blog.seiha.org/?p=643
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 02:12   Link #27
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post

Other cappery
Shana is so cute in this pic :3

Picture taken from the blog aroduc posted, btw..

EDIT: Also, is it just me or that Shana-tan looks a lot lolier and more moe than before? O_o;; (after looking at the pictures in that blog)

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 02:17   Link #28
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

She's a lot less yelly in it. There's only one "Uruchai uruchai uruchai" outburst.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 02:26   Link #29
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
She's a lot less yelly in it. There's only one "Uruchai uruchai uruchai" outburst.
Well, seeing how little there are "Urusai Urusai Urusai" right now in the main series, I guess it wouldn't come into a surprise.

But this Shana-tan looks REALLY cute...

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-01-25, 13:22   Link #30
alvinkhorfire

It seems that Shana-tan Begins covers only up to episode 3 of season 2 when Fumina was introduced. I was a bit disappointed with that, given the fact that there are 2 Shana-tan episodes for season 1. (24 episodes divided by 3 Shana-tan episodes equals 12 episodes for each Shana-tan episode.) I thought that Shanatan Begins would cover up to episode 12 of season 2 approximately.

Nevertheless, I enjoys this Shana-tan. Definitely a must-see for Shana fans.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2008-01-25 at 14:40.
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 13:39   Link #31
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
It seems that Shana-tan Begins covers only up to episode 3 of season 2 when Fumina was introduced. I was a bit disappointed with that, given the fact that there are 3 Shana-tan episodes for season 1. (24 episodes divided by 3 Shana-tan episodes equals 8 episodes for each Shana-tan episode.) I thought that Shanatan Begins would cover up to episode 8 of season 2 approximately.

Nevertheless, I enjoys this Shana-tan. Definitely a must-see for Shana fans.
I thought there were only 2 Shana-tan episodes for series 1.

There was one Hecate-tan special that came with the Oga-chan onzen special ep.

And then there's the Shana-tan movie.

And if the first DVD release of series 2 only covered episodes 1-3, it's not surprising that the Shana-tan special that comes with this DVD only covers those said episodes.

In series 1 there were only 2 Shana-tan specials released, one around episode 12, and the second one near the end. So this raises hope that JC STAFF are gonna cash in on their most popular mascot, as well as the TRUE STAR, of the series with more Shana-tan specials.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 14:39   Link #32
alvinkhorfire

My mistake. What I mean by 3 Shana-tan is 2 Shana-tan plus Hecate-tan. I will correct my mistake in my post. Since it is titled Shana-tan Begins, there should be more Shana-tan release in the future.
Old 2008-01-25, 16:21   Link #33
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

I wonder if they will put a Shana-tan for every single DVD release of season 2?

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-01-25, 17:52   Link #34
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Yoshida's character at certain angered moments in these Shana-tan specials sure reflects a lot like a ticked off Fuu from Samurai Champloo. Come to think of it, the seiyu did both characters.

How come they haven't put other characters like Chigusa, Tanaka, Keisaku, or Ogata in the specials yet?
DX HBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 08:49   Link #35
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:

Other cappery
For some reason, this reminds me of that bipolar Akira-sama from Lucky Star.

Yoshida probably has a lot of stored-up pressure and is ready to let all hell break loose any moment.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 09:19   Link #36
darktruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
In series 1 there were only 2 Shana-tan specials released, one around episode 12, and the second one near the end. So this raises hope that JC STAFF are gonna cash in on their most popular mascot, as well as the TRUE STAR, of the series with more Shana-tan specials.
Here's a full list of all the special omakes out so far.

Shakugan no Shana-tan
Shakugan no Shana-tan Returns
Itadaki no Hecate-tan (this was on the DVD that came with the "Everything about Shakugan no Shana" book, not the Koi to Onsen special OVA)
Banjou no Carmel-san (this was on the "Introductory DVD" to the Shakugan no Shana movie)
Shakugan no Shana-tan Gekijoban version (movie version)
Shakugan no Shana-tan Begins
darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 19:46   Link #37
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Just hope they don't Sydonay in the upcoming Shana-tan specials. That guy's already shown the epitome of the collective terms "disturbed gay child-molester."
DX HBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 11:11   Link #38
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
Just hope they don't Sydonay in the upcoming Shana-tan specials. That guy's already shown the epitome of the collective terms "disturbed gay child-molester."
I don't think so. Since the next Shana-tan is probably based on episodes 4-6 and Sydonay never appeared since episode 2, he should not be appearing in next Shana-tan.
Old 2008-02-03, 07:50   Link #39
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I found Shakugan no Shanatan really moe and hilarious for the most part.

I think the only thing I kind of didn't like was how they spoofed the Yuji/Hecate synchronization scene.

To have a scene that's similiar to sex, but obviously not exactly sex, in your canon anime, and then to spoof it as a sex scene in short comedy sketches... that's just a bit too cute and manufactured to me.

I wouldn't mind it at all with an anime like Excel Saga, but with an anime with a plot and story that takes itself very seriously like Shakugan no Shana does... I didn't really like it. It's like I can almost see the Shana writers saying "Let's put in this synchronization scene between Yuji and Hecate that's similiar to sex, so that we can then spoof it as sex in our comedy sketches!".
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 08:28   Link #40
alvinkhorfire

Triple_R
Yeap, I was thinking the same like you. The scene in Hecate-tan is too much. Dialogue like " I am spreading out." and " Why are you on top of me?" is giving wrong ideas to some people. Certainly, there are many ways to make funny scenes without involving these scenes that are similiar to sex.