AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 109 Rating
Perfect 10 11 20.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 35.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 16.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-01, 10:12   Link #41
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

@MalakTawus: My point in saying that was not to kill the talk, btw. Its just that, now we are all assuming the fight is over ... which is just too soon for me to assume. But I guess mental battle still counts.

Quote:
Things with her were so much easier when she was introduced and she was simply a "Evil Jean"
Well, thats a nice way to put her. If only there was one like Jean...
Old 2010-11-01, 10:30   Link #42
Joe_fh

Well as always we'll just have to wait and see. Though again as always we''ll have a pile of questions at the end of the chapter no one can really answer

I'm not actually sure if we'll get to see a Clare vs Prissy head on full power battle. We might see a little skirmish but I doubt it will anything more. At leas going by what we've seen so far Yagi never showed us a complete battle at AO (except the extra chapter and Prissy killing the twins but that was to show the difference in power thus not actually being a battle) let alone something of this level.

Considering how powerful both Prissy and Clare as the Destroyer should have it's hard to imagine how a battle could go. Also taking into account their regeneration capabilities and yoki reserves a normal battle would drag on for a very long time. I think something else too place and seeing how the destroyer could suck the life out of living things and also merge with different things (even the rods are indication of how easily it merges with life forms) the answer probably lies in this
Old 2010-11-01, 10:35   Link #43
MalakTawus

Quote:
My point in saying that was not to kill the talk, btw. Its just that, now we are all assuming the fight is over ... which is just too soon for me to assume. But I guess mental battle still counts.
I know that's not what you meant,afterall even if we don't know a lot atm,it's always fun to come up with possible speculation,no?I know you also agree with this.
Btw now i have to go to train (volleyball),i hope that when i'll go back the chap will be out (i know,wishful thinking,lol)
Old 2010-11-01, 10:40   Link #44
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Well, thats a nice way to put her. If only there was one like Jean...
That's how she was; simply put, she loved the Organization wheras others like Jean, Cynthia Priscilla, loved humanity. Then Dietrich suddenly had this strange "honor" that conflicted with that on so many ways that, now, it's kind of close to impossible to find out who and what she is really loyal too; I don't even know if she knows that herself.
Old 2010-11-01, 10:43   Link #45
Royal Blue Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
That's how she was; simply put, she loved the Organization wheras others like Jean, Cynthia Priscilla, loved humanity. Then Dietrich suddenly had this strange "honor" that conflicted with that on so many ways that, now, it's kind of close to impossible to find out who and what she is really loyal too; I don't even know if she knows that herself.
Yes, I agree with that, Shiek. Dietrich is (for me) confused on what party should she going with.
Old 2010-11-01, 10:50   Link #46
Joe_fh

Well actually Dee didn't say she loved the organization she said she won't lie to them if they ask her...kind of different

Anyway I don't see a contradiction in being loyal to the MiBs and loving humanity. Provided you have all the information we do there is one but otherwise you'e being loyal to an organization that even though very brutal is the only thing that prevents humanity from being wiped out. Even if you don't like it, if it's the only way to help and save people, you'll do it if you really want to help. (sacrifice a few for the safety of many - acceptable losses if it's the only choice not to let the "many" die)

Also, even if you have all that information, if you're not in a position to do anything about anything...well you just stay there and do the best you can - in this case kill yoma and save people. Galatea was the only one with enough information and power to leave on her own so in general it's not that easy. Even after Miria gathered all that information before she was sent to the North to her death, she still went with the MiBs orders because it was her only choice.

In short I don't see a problem with Dee's loyalty and love for humanity. I talked about her character last time so I'll stop here
As for her being confused - she though she was on the side of the good guys and now she finds out it's the complete opposite - it's natural she'd be somewhat confused but when she hears all the facts I doubt she'll remain that way.

@Shiek: I came up with a simple speed explanation as well so it's not that weird

@Malak: Have fun at practice I guess
Old 2010-11-01, 10:50   Link #47
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Blue Nazi View Post
Yes, I agree with that, Shiek. Dietrich is (for me) confused on what party should she going with.
Seriously, she has got to the weirdest character Yagi has ever made; no other person in this story is more hard for me to understand and get a grasp on. Weird things also seem to happen around her, like with holding Riful's dress and not getting eaten , though Gooral came up with a sensible explanation not to long ago.

I just hope Yagi appeases the fans and makes her join the Ghosts, if only so all this finally comes to an end

Joe, reading your post, I don't know; maybe all my confusion just stems from the fact that I don't like her all that much, if at all. She's just an enigma to me; all the characters have been easy to figure out when it comes to their loyalties, but Dietrich doesn't seem to have made up her mind about it. All her actions and words, to a certain point, like being aware of the AE's and not caring about their creation, make a very Pro-Org stance, but at the same time, especially with this recent "honor" stuff, it's like she's having a change of heart; how and why after everything she has been through and been apparently okay with, I don't know.

Like, in her head, she wants to side with the Organization full-time, but deep-down, she's the exact opposite; it's this stark difference that makes her so bizarre to me and why I think she's honestly just more trouble then she's worth.

In a way, I guess it doesn't matter since it's all apparently coming to an end with her joining the Ghosts full-time; one can only hope that she's happy with the decision and isn't gonna change sides again in the middle.
Old 2010-11-01, 10:58   Link #48
Nixl

I have been thinking about the blob for a bit and Yagi may have set something nice up with the last 20 chapters or so. Consider that Claire/Destroyer have zero chance of physically besting Priscilla. The last few chapters have shown that anyone who physically fought Priscilla lost without any hope of success. Claire is no different in this regard even though she is the main protagonist. However, Priscilla, like Claire, has been absorbed and may now be in another being's consciousness or in this case Claire's mind/nightmares. We know Rafaela stated that it was possible for Claire to die in that dream realm, so the same must also be true for Priscilla. Therefore, the fight that was originally a battle of physical power/yoki, which Pris dominated, is now battle of wills. This means Claire actually has a chance to challenge Priscilla and win.

I assume we will have another dream fight, but who knows what will be inside Claire's head. Teresa? Ophelia? Nightmares? Priscilla may have an agonizing death after all.
Old 2010-11-01, 11:04   Link #49
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Maybe her city was attacked like Rabona but she didn't thought that the org was behind it.This way she probably considered the org the only salvation for humans against those tragedies caused by yomas,that's why she was so loyal........but now that she understands that the org is the real responsible........
To me, this adds credence to the old theory of Dietrich being that little girl Clare met all those years ago.

Her entire town witnesses an AB kill group go up a mountain, and only one returning just in time to die in the arms of a rogue claymore.

I don't imagine the organization wants the general population to think that claymores can fail, and/or the fact some go rogue.

So naturally they wipe the entire town out with Yoma, and AB's...then gather up all the female children and turn them into warriors. All of which are going to feel obligated to the organization.
Old 2010-11-01, 11:10   Link #50
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I have been thinking about the blob for a bit and Yagi may have set something nice up with the last 20 chapters or so. Consider that Claire/Destroyer have zero chance of physically besting Priscilla. The last few chapters have shown that anyone who physically fought Priscilla lost without any hope of success. Claire is no different in this regard even though she is the main protagonist. However, Priscilla, like Claire, has been absorbed and may now be in another being's consciousness or in this case Claire's mind/nightmares. We know Rafaela stated that it was possible for Claire to die in that dream realm, so the same must also be true for Priscilla. Therefore, the fight that was originally a battle of physical power/yoki, which Pris dominated, is now battle of wills. This means Claire actually has a chance to challenge Priscilla and win.

I assume we will have another dream fight, but who knows what will be inside Claire's head. Teresa? Ophelia? Nightmares? Priscilla may have an agonizing death after all.
Here's the thing though....did Claire truly beat Rafaela on pure-will alone? I don't think so; it's not like Rafaela went easy on her...I always thought Claire won because she truly was better then her :/. She went "easy" on her at first, at the degree because she wanted Claire to understand, not only the danger, but the seriousness of her and the situation.

But you're right; we could get an indepth look at Claire's haunted mind: Teresa will definitely make a comeback. What about Priscilla? we could easily get an indepth look at her; she could end up remembering what she has lost, Claire could learn more about her then she ever knew including her connection with Raki, her humanity could re-awaken, Jean and the others could reappear...

Their are ALOT of possibilties; I'm definitely looking forward to this

A curious thing though is how Priscilla managed to get captured at all; we saw her blast a similar black cyclone to smithereens the last time we saw her; how could she have been overwhelmed?
Old 2010-11-01, 11:19   Link #51
Joe_fh

@Shiek: well I don't know - she seem easy to figure out if you ask me. Probably because I see her actions as going against the organization from the start even if she's not actually against them since they act as humanity's protectors as far as she know.

When she told Deneve and Helen about the AFs and how they were made, the fact that they probably made even more and things like that I saw it more as sharing information on something that you don't approve of to people who unlike you seem to be in a position where they can actually do something about it.

I guess being a bit confused is part of her character - she's very young and with all the things happing around her it's easy to see why she'd have doubts. I'm pretty sure she'll go with the ghosts and won't regret it at all especially if someone enlightens her about the island being a giant laboratory

And I don't remember who came up with that theory about Dee being that little girl but I agree with Vinak - it's starting to look more and more plausible by the chapter.

As for how Prissy might have been absorbed - the same way Clare was - it doesn't matter how powerful she actually is. Once her mind is pulled in, her body could easily be destroyed, absorbed or something like that. Unlike the rods which take control over their "host"s body, the Destroyer seem to take control over the target's mind first and after that the body is no longer an issue. Something like that might work on Prissy.

In fact after a little skirmish in which Clare is clearly losing to Prissy's overwhelming power as a last resort Clare might have tried to pull her conciousness in as a way to destroy Prissy once and for all and this is the result of that.
Interesting stuff
Old 2010-11-01, 11:20   Link #52
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Here's the thing though....did Claire truly beat Rafaela on pure-will alone? I don't think so; it's not like Rafaela went easy on her...I always thought Claire won because she truly was better then her :/. She went "easy" on her at first, at the degree because she wanted Claire to understand, not only the danger, but the seriousness of her and the situation.

But you're right; we could get an indepth look at Claire's haunted mind: Teresa will definitely make a comeback. What about Priscilla? we could easily get an indepth look at her; she could end up remembering what she has lost, Claire could learn more about her then she ever knew including her connection with Raki, her humanity could re-awaken, Jean and the others could reappear...

Their are ALOT of possibilties; I'm definitely looking forward to this

A curious thing though is how Priscilla managed to get captured at all; we saw her blast a similar black cyclone to smithereens the last time we saw her; how could she have been overwhelmed?
Pardon, I forgot a point. Claire had zero chance against Awakned Priscilla, but the Priscilla in the dream could easily be in her Claymore/Human form, which is something Claire could possibly fight. Awakened Priscilla just regenerates and tentacle spams. Then again if Priscilla sees Teresa again she could possibly just lose it right there. Finally we will know just how emo Claire really is.
Old 2010-11-01, 11:30   Link #53
Gooral
Banned

@Shiek, you've confused me with Joe. Joe_fh was the one that came up with with a sensible explanation not to long ago. As for Dee being the girl from Witch's maw arc it was Gangsta Spanksta that made that connection.
Old 2010-11-01, 11:41   Link #54
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
@Shiek, you've confused me with Joe. Joe_fh was the one that came up with with a sensible explanation not to long ago. As for Dee being the girl from Witch's maw arc it was Gangsta Spanksta that made that connection.
Connection @Gooral?
Old 2010-11-01, 11:43   Link #55
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
Connection @Gooral?
Connection between scruffy girl and Dee. It's probably not the best way to put it. Blame my lack of English "skills" (vocabulary etc.).
Old 2010-11-01, 11:51   Link #56
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Pardon, I forgot a point. Claire had zero chance against Awakned Priscilla, but the Priscilla in the dream could easily be in her Claymore/Human form, which is something Claire could possibly fight. Awakened Priscilla just regenerates and tentacle spams. Then again if Priscilla sees Teresa again she could possibly just lose it right there. Finally we will know just how emo Claire really is.
Well, I don't know about that; Claire and Rafaela, when they were in the dream, were both in their current form (in Rafaela's case, how she last was anyway); Claire didn't get her arm back for example, and still had Irene's.

No, I don't think it will go so far as Priscilla regressing because her mind got pulled in. Maybe as a consequence for what happens and what goes on, but not simply because.

Heh, looks like you lost on your prediction Gooral; 109 doesn't look like we'll be seeing anyone's downfall, unless you added one more in hopes of seeing something in 110 .
Old 2010-11-01, 12:03   Link #57
Gooral
Banned

I still have 1 chapter left ;P. I've started counting in 101st 100th chapter thread. I still have chances of succeeding in my prediction if we'll see Priscilla's and Clare's fight in the next chapter.
Old 2010-11-01, 12:19   Link #58
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

I think we will take a glimpse at priscilla's split personality.
Perhaps the little girl will help clare to beat the evil monster. Who knows?#
@gooral
i've recogniced that already.
In the end clare will drink a bottle of scotch as if it were priscilla's blood and celebrate her death
Old 2010-11-01, 12:23   Link #59
Gooral
Banned

Personally I would be disappointed if the fight with Priscilla went only in their minds. I want to see Priscilla's guts and (most importantly) limbs flying .
Old 2010-11-01, 12:29   Link #60
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Personally I would be disappointed if the fight with Priscilla went only in their minds. I want to see Priscilla's guts and (most importantly) limbs flying .
I feel sorry for the MiB grunts who would have to clean up all the limbs a guts after those two hack each other up. After all where talking about a limb count in the millions here