AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-02-23, 10:01   Link #261
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

blackbeard ran away from akainu when his demand to trade Jewelry Bonney for a ship failed
Old 2011-02-23, 11:53   Link #262
Kallen4life

wonder what the remaining Yonkou powers are

WB - paramecia
Shanks - none
Kaidou - some mean mystic zoan ? a dragon maybe (I think Monkey D. Dragon will have something of a wind/weather control)
Big Mom (Mam ?) - eeh, logia ? just to cover all .. stone/earth logia ?

no idea really, but I fancy Kaidou having a kick-ass Zoan
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 12:35   Link #263
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

I'd like to see the Yonkou be two DF users and two non-users. Though I think Kaidou, at least, will probably have a DF.
Old 2011-02-23, 13:25   Link #264
Blackbeard D. Kuma

@Suigetsu - I stand corrected. Aohige clarified the gorosei's statement for me, and indeed there is no maybe/perhaps associated with Marco and the remnants of the WB pirates. However, there is no specific context for "stop" in this case. So you don't have definitive proof they could have beaten BB.
Old 2011-02-23, 20:12   Link #265
-Suigetsu-
Prelude of Light

Who's Aohige and where did he clarify this?

Post the entire dialogue of what's said.
Old 2011-03-06, 14:27   Link #266
marvelB

Y'know, I just reread the CP9 ministory and it reminded me of something that I've been hoping for since the Water 7 storyline: See, I've always thought it would be cool for Oda to introduce us to more assassins from the rest of the Cipher Pol branches at later points in the story. For instance, remember how we had Jerry and Wanze (from CP6 and 7 respectively) during the sea train portion of Water 7? Well now that we've had the timeskip, maybe we'll see more CP agents at various points throughout the New World. Like for instance, I've always wondered who succeeded Spandam as the chief of CP5? And are all the top agents from those other branches some master of a wacky martial art?

And speaking of the timeskip, now that a couple of years have passed, we may actually get to see the next generation of CP9 in action, as well. Heck, maybe they'll even end up being the burdened with the task of hunting down Lucci's group of deserters (though I'm honestly still hoping that it will be the rokushiki masters who trained Lucci in the first place who will hunt them down instead). I'm also quite curious as to know what became of that goofball Spandam (and his dad) during the skip, as well.......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 15:23   Link #267
marvelB

Boy, it's sure been a while since this thread saw some activity.....

Anyways, pardon the double-post, but I figured I'd bring up Big Mom again. Naturally, I'm as eager as just about anyone else to figure out what her powers may be. Personally, my favorite theory so far is that she may have a tree-themed DF ability. Said theory came up back when her jolly roger was revealed (which features a tree in it):

Spoiler:

I always thought that a wood/tree logia would make for an awesome power, so I certainly hope this theory turns out to be true!
Old 2011-07-25, 15:30   Link #268
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Manipulation of vegetation would be a fitting power for an emperor. Its destructive potential would be very high. Going by Big Mom's Jolly Roger, I won't be surprised at all if she possesses this ability.

And I've stated for some time now that Kaido will either have an ancient or mythical zoan ability. Personally, I would find it awesome if he can turn into a GARGOYLE. Such a vicious creature befits his cruel demeanor .
Old 2011-07-25, 15:49   Link #269
marvelB

^Yeah, I like the idea of Kaidou being a Zoan, as well (in fact, somebody brought up that same idea in the Zoan thread quite recently, coincidentally enough!). Heh, I think it would be interesting if he turns out to be a dragon fruit user, even if that would crush the hopes of everyone who figured that ability would be a perfect fit for Luffy's old man.
Old 2011-07-25, 16:03   Link #270
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Gargoyles are nocturnal creatures, and that dark theme would complement Kaido's brutality nicely. Even Moria with his "shadow" based powers wasn't enough to best the vicious beast that dwells/grows stronger in the night. Just saying how a gargoyle potentially fits Kaido going by his personality and past history .

We're inevitably going to see a Dragon at some point. The question is who will possess such an ability? If it is Luffy's dad, I'd find that somewhat cheesy. Too predictable and the pun is there.
Old 2011-07-26, 03:32   Link #271
DeadBonesDooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Yeah, I like the idea of Kaidou being a Zoan, as well (in fact, somebody brought up that same idea in the Zoan thread quite recently, coincidentally enough!). Heh, I think it would be interesting if he turns out to be a dragon fruit user, even if that would crush the hopes of everyone who figured that ability would be a perfect fit for Luffy's old man.
Yeah I brought it up but I still think Kaido will be ancient zoan (we already have 2 mystic/mythical)
Just cause X-drake is so keen into him
And I hope to see Big-Mom rly soon, I have an idea that she is mother of Lola, therefor Straw Hats will have good relationship with her .
So most of Yonkos will support Straw Hat crew(2 current and 1 ex(Whitebeard).
As for new (4th) Yonkou, I think its going to be Blackbeard and shanks will have to take him down.

As I red trough this topic I saw some ppl saying Luffy vs Shanks.
Imo It will happen as Luffy promised to find better & stronger crew mates than Shanks has and beat them.
I think Shanks is last "boss", and is somewhat guard One Piece, as he knows where it is(cuz he was on Rogers ship, when they conquered New World)
So Shanks is kind of a guardian of One Piece, and Blackbeard knows about it and therefore Shanks wants to get rid of him
Old 2011-07-26, 10:00   Link #272
marvelB

^Honestly, I don't think Luffy will ever fight Shanks. I'm sure they'll meet, but a fight between them just seems unlikely to me. Heck, I still remember years back when a bunch of people figured that Luffy would eventually confront Whitebeard, but then the events leading to the war happened, and..... well, Oda pretty much killed that possibility (heh, see what I did there? ). Personally, I feel that Shanks will meet a fate similar to Newgate's...... that is, he'll eventually get killed by Blackbeard at a later point in the series (but not without putting up a struggle of epic proportions, naturally)......

And on a different, though somewhat related note, I don't think Zoro will ever have a "true" final battle against Mihawk, either. I also see the hawk-eyed one meeting his end shortly before Zoro finally reaches the Pirates' Summit, most likely by Shiryuu (eh, don't really care for the "official" romanized name). Sure, some people may be disappointed by the idea of the object of Zoro's ambition being toppled before he could seriously take him on himself, but remember that our green-haired friend''s goal is to simply become the #1 swordsman in the world (which means he would face the strongest swordsman period, not necessarily Mihawk)......

Oh, and if Kaidou turns out to be an Ancient Zoan, I think it would be interesting to see if Oda could pull off the emperor being a trilobite fruit user (I know I said I didn't expect to see Zoans based off marine animals, but still)......
Old 2011-07-26, 12:14   Link #273
DeadBonesDooM

Im looking more forward to another dino or some kind of a ancient bird like monster
Old 2011-07-26, 15:08   Link #274
marvelB

^Well, why not a velociraptor, then? I mean, they were actually feathered (yeah, their depiction in the Jurassic Park movies wasn't really accurate), and studies have shown that birds may actually be the descendants of dinosaurs, so it could definitely work out! Oda would be, if you'll pardon the pun, killing two birds with one stone by using that choice of Zoan.
Old 2011-07-26, 17:05   Link #275
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

I also hope that Big Mom has some sort of plant manipulation power. She'd be "mother nature"
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 03:36   Link #276
DeadBonesDooM

I hope Big Mom to be logia type , but I really can't think any logias
Maybe stone or plant ? But we got a plant like monster as Basil Hawkins :O
Old 2011-07-27, 10:54   Link #277
marvelB

^Uh, Hawkins' DF is clearly based on voodoo and isn't even a Logia (Kizaru even pointed that out when he fought him at Sabaody). And besides, I kinda doubt that straw would make for an ideal DF ability.....
Old 2011-07-27, 15:25   Link #278
DeadBonesDooM

imo basil hawkins still looks badass
I'd like to know what happend to him and if hes coming back to current story line in new world
Old 2011-07-27, 16:17   Link #279
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Here's something I thought about.

The WG showed concern over Whitebeard and Shanks forming an alliance. As one of the gorosei pointed out, Shanks isn't the type of person to instigate problems/trouble, so that fact put them at ease. It's also evident that the aforementioned 2 emperors enforced order in the New World.

However, with the death of Whitebeard, someone has most definitely come along to occupy his vacant seat amongst the Yonkou. I've said for a long while now that that person is going to be Blackbeard. Given how Blackbeard has shown himself to be traitorous and conniving, not to mention how he was the source for the trigger of the greatest incident to occur thus far, the WG will be keeping a close eye on his movements.

Now, what if at some point in the story, Blackbeard and Kaido share a common goal and decide to team up? I suspect that this alliance would potentially be far more threatening than that of Whitebeard+Shanks, because unlike the latter two, these pirates have malicious intents. I'm sure the WG would have the foresight to know that such an alliance can be disastrous for the world. Chaos and havoc would reign supreme.

So guys, any thoughts on this possibility ?
Old 2011-07-28, 02:57   Link #280
DeadBonesDooM

Possible but I don't think that will happen or it will happen when Luffy reaches new world and then he teams up with Snanks to stop those 2.
Thts what I think. Would be logical solution