AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-20, 19:30   Link #8621
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero - Sorry for repeating the question from before. I was just surprised since there was no mention of her having no contact with males on the IS wiki and the novels so it came off as shocking when you mentioned it.
This is merely my assumption, Blitz, you had opinion about why Maya act like that?

Quote:
The dynamics between the two will be complicated since they alternate between who's more mature depending on the situation.
Which make their dynamics even more interesting.
Old 2011-11-20, 19:36   Link #8622
Eratas123

I'll give her a psychlogy degree in Shadow to offset her lack of backstory in Canon.

Romance and social concepts - Maya's better.

Analysis of situations and planning - Irish's better.

Both are good in what they know but pretty bad in the other.
Old 2011-11-20, 19:42   Link #8623
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Who acts like what?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 19:45   Link #8624
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Who acts like what?
Maya, exaggerating everything related to human relationship, which tend to derail conversation involving it if she's around.
Old 2011-11-20, 19:51   Link #8625
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Maya, exaggerating everything related to human relationship, which tend to derail conversation involving it if she's around.
Do you have an example, because I pretty much forgot about Maya.

Old 2011-11-20, 19:58   Link #8626
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:

"W-well, I'm sorry for calling you out so loudly. Are, are you angry? Sorry, sorry! But, that, self-introductions, we started from 'あ' (a), and now we're at 'お (o)' for Orimura-san now. So, pl-... please, could you introduce yourself? Could, could you?"

"After-, after school... a teacher together with a student, two people alone after school... Ah! No, no, Orimura-kun. Sensei will become very weak when she's forced... and this is my first time with a guy..."

"Th-That, you see, in this situation, I'm really troubled...no, this isn't the only problem. No matter what, I still have a teacher-student relationship with Orimura-kun...but if it continues like this, Orimura-sensei will be my sister-in-law, and that's very tempting somehow--" (Canon Version)

"Th-That, you see, in this situation, I'm really troubled...no, this isn't the only problem. No matter what, I still have a teacher-student relationship with Dunois-kun...but if it continues like this, I might have to change my citizenship to France, that's very tempting somehow-" (Sacred Twins Version)
Old 2011-11-20, 20:03   Link #8627
Eratas123

@ Zero - Hahahahahaha~ That's hilarious! Change my citizenship to France
Old 2011-11-20, 20:11   Link #8628
blitz1/2

Quote:

"W-well, I'm sorry for calling you out so loudly. Are, are you angry? Sorry, sorry! But, that, self-introductions, we started from 'あ' (a), and now we're at 'お (o)' for Orimura-san now. So, pl-... please, could you introduce yourself? Could, could you?"

"After-, after school... a teacher together with a student, two people alone after school... Ah! No, no, Orimura-kun. Sensei will become very weak when she's forced... and this is my first time with a guy..."

"Th-That, you see, in this situation, I'm really troubled...no, this isn't the only problem. No matter what, I still have a teacher-student relationship with Orimura-kun...but if it continues like this, Orimura-sensei will be my sister-in-law, and that's very tempting somehow--" (Canon Version)

"Th-That, you see, in this situation, I'm really troubled...no, this isn't the only problem. No matter what, I still have a teacher-student relationship with Dunois-kun...but if it continues like this, I might have to change my citizenship to France, that's very tempting somehow-" (Sacred Twins Version)
Well, to me, it only seems like Maya is jsut easily nervous, may not have good self esteem, reason why? Who knows. Evidence is also shown is that she humbled herself before the students when Chifuyu illustrated Maya's skill.

That, and she has a dirty mind. xD.

Old 2011-11-20, 20:18   Link #8629
Eratas123

So they let a person who is very easily nervous and (somewhat) has a dirty mind teach students at possibly the most prestigious school in the world? Something seems off.....

Then again, she was a former rep candidate, so they likely picked her because of that if nothing else.

Side note - I noticed no one ever actually used Maya as a main character in their fics.
Old 2011-11-20, 20:21   Link #8630
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Quote:
In episode 2, Maya was giving a lesson on the IS and it's Pilot. She said the longer the IS is piloted, the IS will begin to understand it's Pilots characteristics. She continued on saying to the class as to think of the IS as not a tool, but as a partner. Which then lead to this:

Student: "When you say partner, do you mean by a boyfriend of girlfriend?"

Maya: [Twitches] "That is, how should I put this?" [Begins acting shy] "Since I have no experience with these things, I can't say... [acts all blushy] I wonder what it's like..."

Student: "She's blushing~ Maya-sensei is so cute."
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 20:25   Link #8631
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ yeah that too, I think Blitz's explanation cover it well.

She never experience being in real relationship with someone and known everything from the books (probably Yaoi or hentai ) hence why she always came into the worst conclusion.
Old 2011-11-20, 20:30   Link #8632
Eratas123

@ Zero and Jak - How in the hell did she get Yaoi and Yuri manga? IS academy is probably very strict and takes those away on sight (Just ignore the random damage done by the personals. Apparently, those don't count )

Side note - And please don't tell me she's gullible enough to read the manga's she manages to confiscate. Chifuyu probably isn't stupid enough to let her.
Old 2011-11-20, 20:30   Link #8633
blitz1/2

Quote:
^ yeah that too, I think Blitz's explanation cover it well.

She never experience being in real relationship with someone and known everything from the books (probably Yaoi or hentai ) hence why she always came into the worst conclusion.
Well, I don't classify her as an otaku, but just naive or just young minded. I mean, she had a simple response (even for one that has no siblings) to Chifuyu's anxiety about the harem girls taking Ichika away (Bro-con flag GETTO!)

Old 2011-11-20, 20:33   Link #8634
DarkJak2050

I don't see Chifuyu like that towards Ichika, Ichika is Chifuyu's only family and vice versa for Ichika. Abandoned by their parents at a young age, Chifuyu had to take care of Ichika on her own.

She's basically being protective of her brother, which is natural for family members. What Chifuyu wants from either Houki, Cecilia, Rin, Charlotte or Laura is to prove to her that they have what it takes to take care of Ichika in her place. That's how I see it.
Old 2011-11-20, 20:34   Link #8635
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Well, I don't classify her as an otaku, but just naive or just young minded. I mean, she had a simple response (even for one that has no siblings) to Chifuyu's anxiety about the harem girls taking Ichika away (Bro-con flag GETTO!)
@Jak

That reminds me...

Chifuyu's response neither confirms or denies that she want Ichika in more than brotherly sense. She just denied that she disagree about the girls are after him, which means EVERYONE had a fair chance.

Tsundere Bron-con flag +1
Old 2011-11-20, 20:38   Link #8636
Eratas123

Replace Chifuyu with a Father/Older brother worrying about his daughter/little sister getting her first boyfriend. Doesn't look like incest right?
Old 2011-11-20, 20:43   Link #8637
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Replace Chifuyu with a Father/Older brother worrying about his daughter/little sister getting her first boyfriend. Doesn't look like incest right?
Probably, I was talking about it due to Chifuyu's wordings and expression.

Usually she's like stern mother that treat her son as new meat so he can grow into a real soldier, but in that segment, everything is defining ambiguous incest, whether it's platonic or sexual we never known unless she confirm it.
Old 2011-11-20, 20:47   Link #8638
Eratas123

@ Zero - How else would she say it?

1. I don't want my daughter/little sis getting a boyfriend!

2. It's not that I'm against the idea, it's just....

3. I'm worried. What if something bad happens?

All of these can be said and they can be interpreted as platonic.

3. A
Old 2011-11-20, 20:48   Link #8639
blitz1/2

Quote:
Stop trouncing on my fantasies!!!! AHHH!

Old 2011-11-20, 20:50   Link #8640
DarkJak2050

Goddamn, you guys...

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest