AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-09-22, 17:17   Link #4141
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Considering her family business, of course she'd trained to be stronger than the average bear.

Oh wait, this isn't the speculation thread. Silly me.
Old 2011-09-22, 17:30   Link #4142
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Considering her family business, of course she'd trained to be stronger than the average bear.
I wonder what kind of "training" can achieve such dramatic results, she didn't even looks to have the strenght necessary to do something like that. I wonder if Isis have a backstory similar to DCU-Cyborg of the Teen Titans: Some accident endangered Isis life and his father being in charge of a security company in contact with the finest technological advances put his hands into the matter to save his daughter's life and ended up not only make her healthier than before, they also make her faster, stronger and powerfull than ever in her past life.

SIX MILLION DOLLAR GIRL xD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Oh wait, this isn't the speculation thread. Silly me.
Is that even matter xD?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 17:41   Link #4143
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I wonder what kind of "training" can achieve such dramatic results, she didn't even looks to have the strenght necessary to do something like that. I wonder if Isis have a backstory similar to DCU-Cyborg of the Teen Titans: Some accident endangered Isis life and his father being in charge of a security company in contact with the finest technological advances put his hands into the matter to save his daughter's life and ended up not only make her healthier than before, they also make her faster, stronger and powerfull than ever in her past life.

SIX MILLION DOLLAR GIRL xD!

Is that even matter xD?
Isn't it obvious? She obviously have anti-Hucking-chains-neckbreaks-inflammatory skills. Who cares about the Hucks when you have Isis on the job. Eitherway Isis, Thoma, and Lily are all fresh meant to Nanoha. Did you see Nanoha eyes? All it's missing is drool coming out of her mouth (Go Nanoha haha!!).
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 17:45   Link #4144
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

So far she's the only non-eclipse related character able to be effective in combat against the Hucks(Subaru and Fate apparently too but to a lesser and inconsistent degree).

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-22, 17:51   Link #4145
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Y'know that always bugs me. Isis was able to fight the Hucks using her own weapons, which proved as effective as the Strike Cannon (even more?) while being nowhere as cumbersome nor unwieldly, not to mention it's not in prototype phase anymore since she had been using it for a while...and no one in MS6 R&D considered it interesting?
Old 2011-09-22, 17:56   Link #4146
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Y'know that always bugs me. Isis was able to fight the Hucks using her own weapons, which proved as effective as the Strike Cannon (even more?) while being nowhere as cumbersome nor unwieldly, not to mention it's not in prototype phase anymore since she had been using it for a while...and no one in MS6 R&D considered it interesting?
I think it was more due to battle types. Isis seems to be more of a surprise & hit type while Cypha was more of a close combat. Also Cypha just did not expect Isis to use those types of weapons so she was more surprised than anything. If the battle had prolonged any further, I highly doubt the results would be the same. The cannons were supposedly more of a one-type-fit-all.
Old 2011-09-22, 17:57   Link #4147
Justin_Brett

Maybe it's something the Egrets have a patent on?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 17:58   Link #4148
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
I think it was more due to battle types. Isis seems to be more of a surprise & hit type while Cypha was more of a close combat. Also Cypha just did not expect Isis to use those types of weapons so she was more surprised than anything. If the battle had prolonged any further, I highly doubt the results would be the same. The cannons were supposedly more of a one-type-fit-all.
Are you talking about Arnage right?

Cypha is the chick with the black swords xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-22, 18:01   Link #4149
Enternal

Quote:
Are you talking about Arnage right?

Cypha is the chick with the black swords xDU
Oh yes sorry hehe.
Old 2011-09-22, 18:07   Link #4150
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Eitherway Isis, Thoma, and Lily are all fresh meat to Nanoha. Did you see Nanoha eyes? All it's missing is drool coming out of her mouth (Go Nanoha haha!!).
That was amusing. The chance to train a bunch of new victi ...um... slav ...I mean... friends, yes friends, got her very excited.

Quote:
Well, her attacks worked because they were using purely chemical explosives. Somewhat effective on the offensive side because there was no magic involved, but we never really saw how well she could last in a long fight on her own. She was able to defend herself against ranged combat with Arnage reasonably well, but Deville proved that her close-range defenses aren't as good as they need to be.

People seem to be coming down hard on the new equipment, but it stood up to more punishment from eclipse-based weapons than Laevatein did. Not well ENOUGH, obviously, but better than ordinary devices.

Anyway. Isis may be satisfied letting her offense be her defense, but I think Nanoha and Co are looking for equipment that will not only hurt the enemy, but also protect themselves.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 18:18   Link #4151
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
People seem to be coming down hard on the new equipment, but it stood up to more punishment from eclipse-based weapons than Laevatein did. Not well ENOUGH, obviously, but better than ordinary devices.
I want to remember to you guys that Laevatein got exclusively damaged by Cypha's body, not her Divider(in fact Laevatein did it very well against the divider alone considering the circunstances, Cypha even lampshades this). Most of the AEC equipement did poorly against dividers(even unreacted ones) by comparission, being quickly damaged or destroyed during battle with the exception of Sword Breaker(5th Gen Bardiche did it pretty well, tough).

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-22, 18:23   Link #4152
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Well, her attacks worked because they were using purely chemical explosives. Somewhat effective on the offensive side because there was no magic involved, but we never really saw how well she could last in a long fight on her own. She was able to defend herself against ranged combat with Arnage reasonably well, but Deville proved that her close-range defenses aren't as good as they need to be.
I didn't intend to imply that the MS6 should just dump the AEC's and switch to mas-produced...er, Puffy's? (I forgot its real name)

The AEC's are completely new weapons which had never saw battle and still has some quirks to fix. Puffy on the other hand had been used by Isis for a while and as far as we know didn't suffer from "power problems."

Puffy could be a feasible complementary design, especially since some of the fighters uses Strike Cannons even if they didn't suit their style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Maybe it's something the Egrets have a patent on?
And licenses can be bought. But as far as we're concerned no one in MS6 doesn't even seem surprised that a non-AEC could hurt the Hucks. That's months of research time they could cut.
Old 2011-09-22, 18:30   Link #4153
Random Wanderer

Quote:
I want to remember to you guys that Laevatein got exclusively damaged by Cypha's body, not her Divider(in fact Laevatein did it very well against the divider alone considering the circunstances, Cypha even lampshades this). Most of the AEC equipement did poorly against dividers(even unreacted ones) by comparission, being quickly damaged or destroyed during battle with the exception of Sword Breaker(5th Gen Bardiche did it pretty well, tough).
Laevatein and Cypha's sword barely clashed at all, and nearly all of the strikes we saw were intiated by Signum. The situations are not the same. There were no clear offensive strikes by Cypha against Laevatein, whereas the AEC equipment ONLY was damaged when the Hucks attacked it, and only when they did so in a particularly powerful fashion, on top of that.
Old 2011-09-22, 18:38   Link #4154
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Laevatein and Cypha's sword barely clashed at all, and nearly all of the strikes we saw were intiated by Signum. The situations are not the same. There were no clear offensive strikes by Cypha against Laevatein, whereas the AEC equipment ONLY was damaged when the Hucks attacked it, and only when they did so in a particularly powerful fashion, on top of that.
Cypha animously responded most of Signum's attacks resulting in the two clashing swords a couple of times before going into "fancy techniques" duel. Plus, Cypha's lampshading of Laevatein's good performance came right after she attempted to block Laevatein with her own divider and lost an arm for her troubles(to note again, it was cutting Cypha's body and not the divider-sword what damaged Laevatein). After that Laevatein got too damaged to sustain any kind of further damage.

Laevatein VS. Divider-944 = OK
Laevatein VS. Eclipse Driver's flesh = Owned

...cannot say the same about those fragile Strike Cannons, Deville damaged one in one swing with his unreacted Axe and Curren completely destroyed TWO ....WITH A KATANA!

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-22, 18:47   Link #4155
LostSome

Quote:
I wonder how much power Thoma had behind his slashs.
He slashed through Nanoha`s defensive units like butter...
The kid has troubles holding a strike cannon.

About blocking Signum`s big attack, I thought Cypha blocked it with the sheath, not the divider.

EDIT : Butter... Not better.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 18:47   Link #4156
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Cypha animously responded most of Signum's attacks resulting in the two clashing swords a couple of times before going into "fancy techniques" duel. Plus, Cypha's lampshading of Laevatein's good performance came right after she attempted to block Laevatein with her own divider and lost an arm for her troubles(to note again, it was cutting Cypha's body and not the divider-sword what damaged Laevatein). After that Laevatein got too damaged to sustain any kind of further damage.

Laevatein VS. Divider-944 = OK
Laevatein VS. Eclipse Driver's flesh = Owned
I went back and reread the two chapters in question before making that previous post. While the blades met multiple times, we never saw Cypha actually take a swing. The closest is with Cypha and Signum doing "aerial jousting": flying apart and then back at each other with their swords meeting in the middle. All truly offensive moves were made by Signum up until Cypha made her finishing blow with her reacted divider. Up until that point, nothing Cypha did struck with anywhere near the force of the strikes that damaged the AEC equipment.

Also, I don't see her complimenting Laevatein anywhere in that area you mentioned. All she said was that blow was intense, and if she were just in her flesh and bone body she would be dead.

Quote:
and Curren completely destroyed TWO ....WITH A KATANA!
Curren I'm considering a special case. I think the entire point of her doing that was to show just how godawful badass powerful she is, even compared to the rest of her crew.

Quote:
About blocking Signum`s big attack, I thought Cypha blocked it with the sheath, not the divider.
Negative, she took the blow on the upper blade. A poor point for defense, due to bad leverage. That's probably what let Signum get past the blade to cut her arm off like that.
Old 2011-09-22, 18:56   Link #4157
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Also, I don't see her complimenting Laevatein anywhere in that area you mentioned. All she said was that blow was intense, and if she were just in her flesh and bone body she would be dead.
I remember her saying something among the lines of "it's almost as if my divider didn't make it" or something like that.

Quote:
Curren I'm considering a special case. I think the entire point of her doing that was to show just how godawful badass powerful she is, even compared to the rest of her crew.
Powerfull enough to trounce two supposed specialized war weapons with a non-powered Katana which is arguably a much more inferior weapon. Plus, the fact that Strike Cannons are made by bunches didn't help to their "specialness", they're treating those like some dispossable subpar equipement.

Quote:
Negative, she took the blow on the upper blade. A poor point for defense, due to bad leverage. That's probably what let Signum get past the blade to cut her arm off like that.
Another strike against Cypha's supossed "skill" xD.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-22, 19:00   Link #4158
LostSome

Cypha blocked the first hit with her sword in his sheath and by the look of it, has very little time to get it back out by the time of the second hit.
I forgot there was two attacks.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 19:01   Link #4159
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
At least it all shows that she playing trash, even if she had awesome power.
Old 2011-09-22, 19:02   Link #4160
Enternal

Quote:
I remember her saying something among the lines of "it's almost as if my divider didn't make it" or something like that.

Powerfull enough to trounce two supposed specialized war weapons with a non-powered Katana which is arguably a much more inferior weapon. Plus, the fact that Strike Cannons are made by bunches didn't help to their "specialness", they're treating those like some dispossable subpar equipement.

Another strike against Cypha's supossed "skill" xD.
Cypha has skills? xD

Also about the strike cannons, was looking through the Nanoha wiki and saw (read?):

During the tests, it was, however, determined that only Nanoha herself possesses the power and reaction speed necessary to efficiently utilize the Cannon, therefore Mariel Atenza started optimizing Nanoha's Unit 01 for her exclusive use.

Source: http://nanoha.wikia.com, http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=2976621

Perhaps that have something to do with it? Sounds like Nanoha is the only one who can fully utilize it.

Tags
manga, nanoha force