Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-11-10, 01:33   Link #8981
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
They're going to the university, which means that Yuzuki is an adult. Giving an adult daughter a _curfew_ is a strong indicator that Eba's parents have royally screwed up to support the gradual transition to independence. You can treat a 14-16 year old like this. Not someone of Yuzuki's age.

I'll wait to see how he really handled the confrontation with Haruto, but if the spoiler proves to be accurate, he's an oblivious asshole.
Adult my ass, she's what, 18-19?

Curfew's totally legit.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 01:50   Link #8982
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Adult my ass, she's what, 18-19?

Curfew's totally legit.
no it isn't not for a college student. He's just being hypocritical suddenly being alpha wolf after abandoning her for a year in Hiroshima to save his precious new marriage. i gotta wonder if he might have something to do with her going out with kazama especially after seeing how Yuzuki can't even fight back.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 01:56   Link #8983
Master Chibi

College doesn't have anything to do with it, she still lives at home doesn't she?

I mean I'm not saying what he's doing is right, but the need for punishment in this situation is there.

:P

Old 2011-11-10, 02:00   Link #8984
cyberdemon

Quote:
College doesn't have anything to do with it, she still lives at home doesn't she?

I mean I'm not saying what he's doing is right, but the need for punishment in this situation is there.

:P
rather than saying that she still lives at home, to me it more seems like her father won't let her leave. Her brother, at least up till this point, was allowed to live in school dorms meanwhile she has to continue living at home.

at this point more than likely what happened all those years ago when Haruto and Yuzuki first met likely has to do with why he's being so overbearing with Yuzuki.
Old 2011-11-10, 02:03   Link #8985
ZODDGUTS

Not an adult? lol 18 is old enough for anyone to join the army putting their life's on the line. Well in this case the JSDF not that they go into any wars.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 02:29   Link #8986
Master Chibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Not an adult? lol 18 is old enough for anyone to join the army putting their life's on the line. Well in this case the JSDF not that they go into any wars.
No, turning 18 or 19 does not make you an adult.

Far, far, far, far from it.

Old 2011-11-10, 02:50   Link #8987
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Every culture is different. In western cultures when you're 18, you're suppose to be an adult and be more independent but in Asian cultures its different.
Old 2011-11-10, 03:22   Link #8988
Key Board
Carbon

my main issue is that Yuzuki always seems to be the scape goat of the family.

it's not the first time either. Check the earlier chapters

If this happened to Rin, the treatment would be different.

Is Yuzuki the child of the previous marriage?

Edit: I checked. Yes, Rin and Itsuki (her brother) are Yuzuki's step siblings. She's the only child of the previous marriage.

To me, this explains a lot of things.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 03:55   Link #8989
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
No, turning 18 or 19 does not make you an adult.

Far, far, far, far from it.
Just curious, what's your cultural background?

Where I'm coming from, you are a complete failure of a parent if you don't manage to gradually extend the liberties of your kids so that when they reach adulthood, they are still forced to observe a "curfew", or are not allowed to date other guys without your consent. Especially since Yuzuki has not shown to be a delinquent trouble child.

Yuzuki leveled a pretty hefty charge at him - neglect of a dying spouse. I have little reason to doubt this assertion, since it seems pretty consistent with his behavior (first, royally screwing up things with his former wife, and then overcompensating by playing oblivious jailor with Yuzuki). I'm completely shocked that he seems to implicitly confirm Yuzuki's accusation by his looking-down nonreaction to it, and yet he's already making a final decision on things before he's even talked things out with her.

Nope. Judged from my cultural circle, he's acting like a complete asshole.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 03:55   Link #8990
cyberdemon

scanlation is out. Finally a mention of Yuzuki's mother. Dead as expected and i expect that was the cause of her sadness the first time that she met Haruto.

Yuzuki's father was definitely being too drastic. They lie once and it's like it's the end of the world for him. He calls it for the best for yuzuki but why? How is it for the best? Is he taking it out on Yuzuki what unhappiness he might have had because of his first wife dying. Thinking that she will end up unhappy because he was? That's rediculous and immature. whatever it is we will likely find out soon what happened all those years ago. maybe it will shed some light on Yuzuki's actions throughout the manga as well.

Calling it now. End of next chapter Yuzuki's going to turn up at haruto's place having run away from home.
Old 2011-11-10, 04:08   Link #8991
Zetsubo
著述遮断

I may be rust, but in Japan, the age of sexual consent is 13, the age to drive automobiles is 18 and the age of majority (the right to vote) is 20.

Minimum age for marriage however is 18 FOR MALES and 16 FOR FEMALES

However in the final analysis, in Japan, you are NOT legally an adult until you reach the age of majority (20).

LOL. Yuzuki's Father is well within the legal and social sensibilities to place a curfew on her.

I love 日本 ... like Kanji, beautifully complex.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 04:32   Link #8992
Johnny
Working the bags...

It's the wicked step-mother whispering into the papa's ears...

My dad was sort of a hard ass, but what could you do. His motto was my house my rules, you don't like them then move out. So I would assume it would be tougher on daughters since fathers tend to over protect them...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 07:45   Link #8993
Riltz
⌂ Vulcan 300 ⌂

Well, i can at least understand yuzuki dad a bit, if i have a daughter and she suddenly come with a haruto-style guy and say "dad, hes my boyfriend" i would beat the hell out of the guy until he turns into a real man....but thats something more like a personal opinion

But on the story, look like eba family have some issues, probably the father see his 1st (dead) wife daughter as something precious so he overprotect her, without actually caring if she's happy or not, so i foresee like 10+ chapters of father-daughter drama...seo style
Riltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 08:05   Link #8994
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

So the was spoiler is indeed true. Looks like more dramas to come and expect more chapters. You're evil Seo.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 08:51   Link #8995
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

-Sigh- And yet again we fall into the predictable cycle of Haruto being a complete wuss about himself, not even man enough to stand up to his own girlfriend's father.

God damn it. Grow a freakin' pair and get the hell back in there, Haruto! >__<
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 09:17   Link #8996
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Hoshina x Haruto open

guys this is so obvious. Hoshina will be his rebound chick like what Haruto did to Asuka.

Haruto starts dating Hoshina, Haruto finds out some serious secret about Yuzuki's father. They talk, Yuzuki relation up for grabs again. Haruto breaks up with Hoshina. Haruto goes back with Yuzuki. Hoshina joins the Haruto-haters gang (where the hell are they anyway, we haven't seen them in a while now ever since Haruto changed places)

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 09:19   Link #8997
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Just curious, what's your cultural background?

Where I'm coming from, you are a complete failure of a parent if you don't manage to gradually extend the liberties of your kids so that when they reach adulthood, they are still forced to observe a "curfew", or are not allowed to date other guys without your consent. Especially since Yuzuki has not shown to be a delinquent trouble child.
I agree there. I wouldn't argue against not having a curfew at 18/19, but it'd be pretty late and wouldn't detract from Yuzuki's social life. By 18/19, you should have raised your child properly enough that they know better than to stay past their curfew since nothing "good" would happen after it. For example, near me there are drunk drivers and nothing really happening for someone under 21 to do late at night, so yeah.[/quote]

Quote:
Yuzuki leveled a pretty hefty charge at him - neglect of a dying spouse. I have little reason to doubt this assertion, since it seems pretty consistent with his behavior (first, royally screwing up things with his former wife, and then overcompensating by playing oblivious jailor with Yuzuki). I'm completely shocked that he seems to implicitly confirm Yuzuki's accusation by his looking-down nonreaction to it, and yet he's already making a final decision on things before he's even talked things out with her.

Nope. Judged from my cultural circle, he's acting like a complete asshole.
Yuzuki is at fault for not telling her Dad about Haruto. But it's not like they were in the sack or on some secret vacation together, lol. And she only hid the guy since she knew here Dad would react like this. But yeah, the old man is an asshole. Calling Haruto a failure of a human being... he's a natural pimp, ain't no way he's a failure.
Old 2011-11-10, 09:21   Link #8998
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
Very typical. I get what everyone is saying on both ends. One hand Y's Dad is being a bit unfair, not giving them a chance and is being overprotective, on the other hand, he does have some grounds pointing out their lies, convincing him that Haruto caused some trouble doing that which is why he chose not to trust Haruto wit her daughter.

Still whose to say that the Dad had his mistakes from back then, he definitely did somehow, something that maybe Yuzuki didn't tell Haruto yet...It's just getting all to predictable somehow. As far as I know, all those people in that very apartment are idiots (Haruto, Yuzuki, her dad and her step mom) in a few ways. Seeing this is a romance story, it's going to keep going through this things until everything's in the clear that Haruto and Yuzuki ends up back together, I might be a bit wrong if the author changes it up at the last minute.

Still backing up the main character who messed up plenty times needs to push this one through with this new obstacle guranteed to completely keep him from seeing Yuzuki if neither of them acts. The father's not in the right mostly on this one, even though he is trying to be a parent here.

Yuzuki's father does have a right to look out for her daughter, especially with the guy he's going out with, but he still also has the right to give that boyfriend a second chance, something he shouldn't completely deny him. They need to talk this out, besides this BS is only going to have either Haruto or Yuzuki doing some rash/reckless decisions the more this keeps up.

And just because you're an adult, doesn't mean your immune to your mistakes as well, trying to keep your offspring from ending up in a situation as yourself, and then you ended up hurting her and she makes her mistakes get worse because of it.
Old 2011-11-10, 10:00   Link #8999
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Hoshina x Haruto open

guys this is so obvious. Hoshina will be his rebound chick like what Haruto did to Asuka.
Hoshina is more like his NTR chick. One-night stand + Yuzuki/Rin walking in on them = huge rift between Yuzuki and Haruto (or in Seo's world, PROFIT).
Old 2011-11-10, 10:11   Link #9000
jzmagic
flargansbog

I have a feeling that Haruto is going to dump Eba based on what her being unhappy if he took her away from her family.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life