Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-11, 18:26   Link #81
Flashdance
Tower

Those graphics were transcendent!
Lets see if they can keep it up.
Story seems ok so far. Havent read the books the anime is based on.
Flashdance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 03:00   Link #82
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Pretty good series so far from what I've seen. 4 out of 5, but I can see many changes. My various thoughts are as followed:

-Action was the best part. You can't deny how awesome Guin himself is.
-Lemus was a little annoying. Not despicable but could use a little work. I'm with most of you guys on him.
-LOVED the ED. It very enchanting...
-The dialogue feels a little repetitive. (When they meet up with Guin, it feels like they repeat themselves)
-I didn't get the first half. Couldn't the parents of saved themselves? ^^; It feels like that it went to waste when you hear them getting killed and the door exploding...
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 04:40   Link #83
Blaat

The Garness of Guin is just epic.

I foresee a lot of Lemus hate though weak young male characters always tend to be hated by anime fans (see Raki)

Anyway this show is a keeper, an enjoyable first episode.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 08:29   Link #84
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Could Nobuo be a fan of the novel himself to play a part in this? The ED is absolutely FF-ish and that makes it awesome. Great animation and scenaries as other have said. The pacing seems to be fine too and the story is off to a decent start.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 14:47   Link #85
MafiaSoldier
Member of the Anime Mafia

I just watched the first episode and was really impressed with the fight scenes and the character designs, I felt it was a good episode and this is yet another anime I will stick with and see where it takes me. I liked the design of Guin, he definatly looks like "King" from the Tekken games like everyone mentioned, he seems to be great in a battle as well, which always makes for a great lead character. Hopefully this series continues to impress me and like I mentioned before, there are rumers of Cartoon Network looking to pick up this series for their network, which would be great.
MafiaSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 15:43   Link #86
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
From the raw of the second episode:

A rather eventful episode. A new character, my favorite, appeared but the casual viewers will remember two words:

Spoiler:

The OP theme is what you heard in the trailers, the score immerses you into the anime and I did not notice a drop in animation or character design quality. So far, it is a keeper for me.

And Guin likes to punch things.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 18:34   Link #87
cloudninja

It's been good through 2 episodes so far, I'm hooked. It gives me the feeling of building up towards being an epic fantasy, hopefully it gets that far.
cloudninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 19:11   Link #88
BiFr0st

Looking epic so far ^-^ Definitely one of my most looking forward anime of the week.
BiFr0st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 23:08   Link #89
OpenDoors

Subs cant come out fast enough haha. Anyone know when the full version of the ending is going to be released?
OpenDoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 07:24   Link #90
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

^ I would like to know that as well. I really, really want that ending ^_^;;

Well, I was already in love with this after episode one, this just clinched it for me.
As has already been stated, the pacing and animation is great. The build up is excellent. You can tell that the director understands the source material even without having read the books myself. There is a big world out there and you can just feel the atmosphere.

Spoiler for ep 2:

Hurray for this show, and hurray for this season. I've found at least 3 or 4 new shows that I really enjoy this time around, and that's a rarity
mageormike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 08:34   Link #91
Mizuno
Undefined

I wonder how much material has the first two episodes covered? Anyone read the book and can draw a comparison?
Old 2009-04-13, 08:44   Link #92
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I wonder how much material has the first two episodes covered? Anyone read the book and can draw a comparison?
A good portion of the first book book is already covered. They should be in book 2 by episode 3. The general Amnelys, the blonde lady you see in the OP should appear in episode four if the pacing goes well. So far, the pace had been steady so I don't have any reason to complain. I hope they can keep it up.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 12:59   Link #93
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mageormike View Post
Well, I was already in love with this after episode one, this just clinched it for me.
As has already been stated, the pacing and animation is great. The build up is excellent. You can tell that the director understands the source material even without having read the books myself. There is a big world out there and you can just feel the atmosphere.
Combined with great soaring musical epics = instant <3
Voitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 22:49   Link #94
Mizuno
Undefined

I wonder how many books do they intend to cover. There's over 100.
But if every episode is at this quality, I don't mind it goes on forever.
Old 2009-04-13, 23:14   Link #95
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Just saw ep1. Leopard man is so GAR his punch causes fire

Anyway, pretty obvious Linda will wear the pants in the relationship. In the first hour of meeting Guin she's already ordering him around >_< Brother needs to grow some iron balls in the meantime.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 11:28   Link #96
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Just saw ep1. Leopard man is so GAR his punch causes fire

Anyway, pretty obvious Linda will wear the pants in the relationship. In the first hour of meeting Guin she's already ordering him around >_< Brother needs to grow some iron balls in the meantime.
The show reminds me of:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=6177

You get a pair of white-haired twins tossed into a surreal, unforgiving
forest after their parents are murdered. With one weak twin and one
strong one. Though in this case, the strong one is a girl, and the setting
is fantasy, instead of SciFi.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 11:36   Link #97
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

^ Except technically Guin Saga began first. The first novel was published in 1979, while the first volume/chapter of Jyu Oh Sei was published in 1994.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 12:07   Link #98
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
The show reminds me of:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=6177

You get a pair of white-haired twins tossed into a surreal, unforgiving
forest after their parents are murdered. With one weak twin and one
strong one. Though in this case, the strong one is a girl, and the setting
is fantasy, instead of SciFi.
It wouldn't be the first time someone copied a concept. It is like the troupe of the guy or girl that has a great skill at something. there is a club, team or company that wants the person to join and the person at first resist to at the end ALWAYS end joining. current season example is Saki.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 22:31   Link #99
Aquillion

It reminds me more of Utawarerumono, what with the whole mysterious amnesiac stranger in a mask with superhuman capabilities thing. Of course... when did the book come out? It could be that the other things were inspired by this.

Quote:
I foresee a lot of Lemus hate though weak young male characters always tend to be hated by anime fans (see Raki)

Anyway this show is a keeper, an enjoyable first episode.
I think he wouldn't get such a nasty reaction if it weren't for his sister... who is the same age as him, in the exact same situation as him, but is actually competent and non-whiny about it.

Plus, the scene where she draws her dagger to defend herself against an entire troop of armed soldiers is awesome.
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 00:42   Link #100
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
Plus, the scene where she draws her dagger to defend herself against an entire troop of armed soldiers is awesome.
I thought it was stupid. A couple of archers could have finished her off easily just like they did her older brother.

Tags
adventure, fantasy, satelight