AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-21, 00:07   Link #21
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Akane Tendo in Ranma 1/2 does not have twintail through....

If twin-tail tsun in manga i will re-nominate Nagi (Hayate No Gotoku) and Eri Sawachika (in School Rumble). Both are much better in their manga version (so much that i wish to have enough money to reanimate them)
True. Akane has that old fashioned Hime cut. Of course, back then tsundere were still unexpected characters (and not yet associated with pigtails), so giving her a Yamato Nadeshiko look was a great way to make her tsundere ways even more shocking.

Which reminds me of another typical tsundere with a Hime cut: Chidori of Full Metal Panic. I think it has a manga adaptation.

Anyway, the OP said they were really looking for the straight stereotypical tsundere, so I figured Akane counts even if she doesn't have twin tails.

Oh... a non-typical tsundere you should really check out would be Felli Loss of Chrome Shelled Regios. A really interesting variation. (I've seen her described as Yuki Nagato + Ojou + Tsundere). Tsundere fans usually have a very positive reaction to Felli.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2009-11-21, 08:53   Link #22
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I know them, thanks anyway. ("the OP" huh, maybe I should change my nick to 1-2 letter >=P si its easier to write)
Old 2009-11-21, 09:04   Link #23
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Don't know if she was mentioned before but myabe Asuna Kagurazaka from Mahou Sensei Negima? She has twintails and is rather Tsundere isn't she?
Old 2009-11-21, 09:08   Link #24
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I saw both incarnations of the anime; not the recent OVA or whatever it was though... is the manga completely different?
Old 2009-11-21, 09:21   Link #25
Kitsu
The unlucky one

The manga is a lot better, at least in my opion. It's completly different than the second series. Though the beginning is at first a lot like the first series but as soon as the Kyoto Arc starts the manga is superior, plot wise and character wise. About than the plot gets thicker and it gets more "action-Shonen", more fights and the like. Also it gets more serious as the story developes. You should give it a try and judge yourself.
Old 2009-11-21, 09:25   Link #26
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Okey, thanks.
Old 2009-11-21, 12:59   Link #27
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Give' me =P
I get the feeling you might be already reading some of these, but anyway...

The World God Only Knows. what I find interesting in this manga is how the main character often uses galge-situations in the real world. good amount of its humor comes from this conflict, poking fun at the different archetypes and scenarios you might be familiar with. on the other hand, it might get a bit repetitive after a while. (thread at AS)

mx0. the manga had a bit of everything, but it was the humor/comedy the thing I enjoyed the most. there are plenty of misunderstandings, a great variety of characters and some very interesting situations. unfortunately, the manga received the ax and ended prematurely. (thread at AS)

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan. the manga is a bit slow at the beginning, but it gets really fun when more people join the group and interact. quirky characters and more than funny situations make this a very enjoyable read. (thread at AS)

these would be some of my best choices for humor/comedy. but again, they may not have a tsundere character or a twin tail one at that (which was your original request).

oh, if you don't mind reading 4-koma, if it's available to you and if you have the money to buy it. I strongly suggest S.S. Astro. it's one of the funniest 4-koma I've read. a school-life manga about the teachers. highly recommended! (thread at AS)
Old 2009-11-21, 14:23   Link #28
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@Kitsu: I've been reading the Negima manga, "a lot better" is really a understatement D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
The World God Only Knows. what I find interesting in this manga is how the main character often uses galge-situations in the real world. good amount of its humor comes from this conflict, poking fun at the different archetypes and scenarios you might be familiar with. on the other hand, it might get a bit repetitive after a while. (thread at AS)
Reading it (occasionally).

Quote:
mx0. the manga had a bit of everything, but it was the humor/comedy the thing I enjoyed the most. there are plenty of misunderstandings, a great variety of characters and some very interesting situations. unfortunately, the manga received the ax and ended prematurely. (thread at AS)
I know it. Its way way too crazy for me unfortunately.

Quote:
Yankee-kun to Megane-chan. the manga is a bit slow at the beginning, but it gets really fun when more people join the group and interact. quirky characters and more than funny situations make this a very enjoyable read. (thread at AS)
LOL, its great.

Quote:
oh, if you don't mind reading 4-koma, if it's available to you and if you have the money to buy it. I strongly suggest S.S. Astro. it's one of the funniest 4-koma I've read. a school-life manga about the teachers. highly recommended! (thread at AS)
Ok, thanks.
Old 2009-11-21, 15:26   Link #29
Kitsu
The unlucky one

My opinion might be due the fact that I love action and the lastest chapters are packed with it. Might not be the right choice for you..lemme think...

You could call her tsundere at times so how about Rosette from Chrno Crusade? or maybe Bekku from UnCassandra but if both qualify for tsundere? I'm not sure (both not twin-tailed though)
Old 2009-11-21, 16:21   Link #30
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
You could call her tsundere at times so how about Rosette from Chrno Crusade?
Um, no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
maybe Bekku from UnCassandra but if both qualify for tsundere? I'm not sure (both not twin-tailed though)
Never heard of this one before; read the few scanlated chapters and well... this is like some "overhyped" genre of manga isn't it?! Becky is more of a uh... I don't know what to call her. Maybe "bad-hair-day girl" in both personality and style wise I suppose. Its a pretty fun manga.