AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-18, 06:56   Link #481
Zuul

Well AmataxMikono doesn't get any fanarts on pixiv anymore and is pretty despised on /a/.

The most popular by a wide margin is Jin yunoha.
Old 2012-04-18, 07:00   Link #482
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Well AmataxMikono doesn't get any fanarts on pixiv anymore and is pretty despises on /a/.
Yes well, there's a reason why that place is nicknamed the 'Armpit of the Internet', so I wouldn't be too concern about what they think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
The most popular by a wide margin is Jin yunoha.
Yeah no arguments there.
Old 2012-04-18, 07:01   Link #483
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Right, but don't forget that Zessica saw Alisia overlaid on Mikono and Mikono saw nameless-actor-who-played-Appollon overlaid on Kagura. Even if we haven't seen that exact scene in the movie -- which we wouldn't, yet, because it'd make the fact that those visions are "fake" too obvious -- it seems incredibly likely that it's based on the movie.
It's completelly different. These visions are their imagination. The other one is guenuine. They even put it in the OP.
Old 2012-04-18, 07:16   Link #484
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You know, even if Amata turns out to be Apollo and it was his destiny all along, it wouldn't bother me because I've seen him work for this relationship. I've seen him willing to make a fool of himself in front of the whole class, I've seen him trying all sorts of cheesy moves and embarrassing lines, I've seen him get depress when she gets mad at him, and I've seen him put his life on the line several times.

To use a modern day analogy, it's not like he's some brat that inherits his rich family's trust fund and is now swing around that 12000 year old bottle of red wine he found in the cupboard while demanding the girl should run off with him because he's entitled to it like some kind of a birthright. He's a poor man's son working all night long...
This, exactly. You managed to express how I feel about this issue.

As for Alisia and Mikono - how do they look strikingly similar? (Aside of the character design for the girls being sort of uniform.) Let's look at some pictures:
Alisia as Sylphie 1
Alisia as Sylphie 2
Alisia out of costume (note she still has the hair ringlets or whatever they're called)
Mikono with her hair down (or just look at the first OP)

Even if we take the age difference into consideration she doesn't look similar to Mikono as far as I can see.
Old 2012-04-18, 07:31   Link #485
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
You meant Kagura instead of Amata, no? Amata x Mikono is not exactly the most popular thing around here... :P And I've seen people panicking because omg Amata trying to defy fate is ruining EVERYTHING.

Btw I don't see what's wrong about not caring about reincarnations. I don't care either. I have no investment in Apollo x Silvia or Apollonius x Celiane, and I don't particularly care if the reincarnations get together or not.
Eh, insert random 'fated' chars name into which ever slot you prefer. Not like the shippers themselves are any different.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2012-04-18, 07:35   Link #486
miketyson

Strikingly similar is an overstatement you've forced me to retract. But, I'd still say that of the female cast they're the two with the strongest mutual resemblance (hair color, approximate build, the latter even more so if you account for Alisia being in her late 20s-early 30s by appearance).

It's enough it'll probably come into play sooner or later, just a question of how. That said, I think it could go one of two ways: what's important is that Alisia and Mikono resemble each other, or what's important is that the both of them bear a resemblance to what Vegans think "Sylphie" looked like.
Old 2012-04-18, 07:44   Link #487
Zuul

Quote:
Strikingly similar is an overstatement you've forced me to retract. But, I'd still say that of the female cast they're the two with the strongest mutual resemblance (hair color, approximate build, the latter even more so if you account for Alisia being in her late 20s-early 30s by appearance).

It's enough it'll probably come into play sooner or later, just a question of how. That said, I think it could go one of two ways: what's important is that Alisia and Mikono resemble each other, or what's important is that the both of them bear a resemblance to what Vegans think "Sylphie" looked like.
Jin the biggest Alicia otaku, didn't notice any resemblance though. the only one who seems to associate Mikono with her his Amata.
Old 2012-04-18, 07:50   Link #488
miketyson

Zuul: I have to hand it to you, that's a really, really good point. Time will tell if it's significant or just a writer's mistake.

To move away from shipping questions, however, here's a new line of inquiry.

Consider the following points:

(1) "Ianthe"/"Lanthe"/"Ranthe" (is there an official romanization yet) is some kind of artificial tree of life for Altair, or some other artificial life-support system.
(2) Alisia is in a glass tube that looks like your standard sci-fi "we are extracting energy from this energy resource machine".
(3) Mykage was somehow feeding Kagura an incredible energy boost in episodes 11, 12, and 13.
(4) As of now, "Ianthe"/"Lanthe"/"Ranthe" appears to be breaking down.

Conjecture: these points are all directly connected. Alisia is somehow powering that system, Mykage's been misappropriating its output for his own ends, and he's finally overdrawn the system's energy balance, sending it into a downward spiral. Any reactions?

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-04-18 at 08:13.
Old 2012-04-18, 08:54   Link #489
mayumi

all will be solved when its revealed souls are split in mind-body-heart/soul

they said there will be a twist in regards to silvia. not mikono is not silvia but a split of her which is what the whole 3 way split probably is. so amata will get either mikono or zessica. kagura won't get entire silvia just parts of her like maybe shu shu. zessica will get solar aquarion and do the go tight dance with it.

in this episode we see the conflict of how to face a situation amata was in. the difference of opinion of mikono and zessica. just like how normal people have a conflict between mind and heart.

it is up to you to think about who is heart and who is mind-body. the heart imo is zessica, mind-body - mikono-shushu. since the anime is still gong on it is likely that they switched places of who is heart and who is mind later on in production.

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-04-18 at 09:10.
Old 2012-04-18, 09:09   Link #490
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
all will be solved when its revealed souls are split in mind-body-heart/soul

they said there will be a twist in regards to silvia. not mikono is not silvia but a split of her which is what the whole 3 way split probably is. so amata will get either mikono or zessica. kagura won't get entire silvia just parts of her like maybe shu shu. zessica will get solar aquarion

in this episode we see the conflict of how to face a situation amata was in. the difference of opinion of mikono and zessica. just like how normal people have a conflict between mind and heart.

it is up to you to think about who is heart and who is mind-body. the heart imo is zessica, mind-body - mikono-shushu. since the anime is still gong on it is likely that they switched places of who is heart and who is mind later on in production.
Why Chouchou ? I know KaguraxChouchou is everyone's OTP but still... <<

I say Alicia or even Amata are better contender for the soul part.

As for Mikono/Zessica the body/heart thing could be inverted actually.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-04-18 at 09:23.
Old 2012-04-18, 09:22   Link #491
mayumi

@zuul, don't worry when shu shu turns human she will look like a mix of mikono-zessica will have bluish-greenish hair like that woman in the poster above aquarion.

the reason why i feel zessica is heart is because she is more open and has guts to face up to things.
Old 2012-04-18, 09:28   Link #492
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
@zuul, don't worry when shu shu turns human she will look like a mix of mikono-zessica will have bluish-greenish hair like that woman in the poster above aquarion.
I fear it will be too much of a twist for me.

I prefer Chouchou as the heinous little pest it is.

I would like to see if it would actually hate Zessica or not.
It seems to be quite supportive of her confession last episode.
Old 2012-04-18, 09:38   Link #493
kuromitsu

Quote:
(1) "Ianthe"/"Lanthe"/"Ranthe" (is there an official romanization yet) is some kind of artificial tree of life for Altair, or some other artificial life-support system.
(2) Alisia is in a glass tube that looks like your standard sci-fi "we are extracting energy from this energy resource machine".
(3) Mykage was somehow feeding Kagura an incredible energy boost in episodes 11, 12, and 13.
(4) As of now, "Ianthe"/"Lanthe"/"Ranthe" appears to be breaking down.

Conjecture: these points are all directly connected. Alisia is somehow powering that system, Mykage's been misappropriating its output for his own ends, and he's finally overdrawn the system's energy balance, sending it into a downward spiral. Any reactions?
I think it's supposed to be Ianthe (they pronounce it "aianshii"). Plus, mythology.

Some more points, or rather, musings:
- It's still a mystery how Mykage survives, since he doesn't eat the same things humans eat (in fact, he kind of eats humans, in a way). So he must have some source of nutrition stashed away somewhere. Whether that has anything to do with Alisia or Altair kidnapping women is yet to be seen.
- Mykage is obviously the one pulling the strings at Altair, and he must have a Great Plan. So if he's the one destroying Ianthe (or letting it go south) he must have a reason for that.
-Mykage wants Aquarion, or rather, the Wings of the Sun. But he also said he doesn't care about repopulating Altair and whatnot, so ultimately his goal is something concerning himself, or his species. That goal probably involves the Tree of Life.
-The key to Mykage's motivations is something that happened in Genesis.
-Apparently Mykage and Fudou have known each other since Apollonius' time.

I think generally we can say that Mykage is the key to the entire plot, and so far he's shrouded in mystery. Maybe I'm being off-track, but I'm bothered by the fact that he's all alone among so many humans. He's like a fox in a chicken's den. (A fabulous, feathery fox.) Who is he and where is he from? Is he an Angel we've never seen in Genesis? Given that Angels are not born the same way as humans (from what I remember, anyway) I don't think he's a reincarnation. (They're also immortal unless killed, so actually it's perfectly possible that Touma is still alive. Even though it's unlikely, sigh.) Also note Altair's wing/feather motifs all over the place. What's up with those? Is there a connection to angels? Or is it just Mykage? How long has Mykage been on Altair, anyway?

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-04-18 at 09:51.
Old 2012-04-18, 11:15   Link #494
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

LOL you know this anime is getting to you when you start dreaming of the answer to the whole reincarnation business...I dreamed that I was literally talking to the the constellation Aquila (who was oddly a blonde blue eyed wavy haired anime-ish girl) and the star Vega (who was oddly enough a golden brown (i think) hazel eyed (or maybe it was light brown eyed) straight haired anime- ish girl...and I both asked them why they were not on their home planets together with their betrothed aka:

- Aquilla betrothed to Therion

- Vega betrothed to Altair

and then blah blah blah...out comes the evil silver haired witch and she turns Aquila and Vega against me (their eyes are now red)...I can see this is like getting to me LOL...then they chased me and suddenly I was sitting at a table together with my ex and we were playing what looked like scramble but was more like guess the reversed word LOL...and behold our word was PILF...which is FLIP...the last word to be solved was GNIDNIF...FINDING..LOL BUT anyways here's some research I don't know why but I was searching for the word "Ianthe" and apparently it means purple/violet it is also the name of the girl Iphis (who was a girl but was brought up as a guy) fell in love with (look up the story it is interesting). Also, Izumo's surname I believe hold's a great deal towards Altair in general (look that up to...you'll know what I mean )
Old 2012-04-18, 11:33   Link #495
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

So I guess we can deduce that whoever will be taken to Altair will pretty much be a source of support (couldn't find the right word) for Ianthe. clo..and I am getting the feeling that it doesn't matter whether it's a guy or girl...I mean if Ianthe is the tree of life or rather a cloned version (however you want to see it)...shouldn't it be sapping the energy or whatever out of males as well? As I recall the tree of life in Sousei No Aquarion sapped the energy out of both genders o.O so maybe Mykage did something like feed only women to the current tree of life...thus deteriorating the environment on Altair...thus making the women sick...and creating a planet where only men could survive...thus their need to go to Vega and find a Eve (who was supposed to be Alisia apparently)...AH! SO GOOD to get that all outta my system!!! XD
Old 2012-04-18, 11:39   Link #496
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingturkey View Post
And suddenly! Fudo is Apollo! Mykage is Silvia!

Amata is Toma! Shushu is Reika!

(When interviewed, it was revealed that Kawamouri simply drew lots to determine the reincarnation business)
Oh dear god!!! That man is even letting fate decide who is who reincarnated OMG
Old 2012-04-18, 15:00   Link #497
miketyson

kuromitsu: the one curious angle is in the brief flashback glimpses of young Izumo Mykage himself seems, I dunno, cordial? Like he's only very recently become someone Izumi can tell is working actively against Altair's interests. Between that and how apparently "public" and "well-loved" he is, it's certainly not the setup I'd expect from the wiki summary of the original series.

A possible scenario is Altair *was* a world with just (possibly not-fallen!) Angels, who left for whatever reason, then Mykage somehow made it over there and filled that void, stepping into a revered, ostensibly benevolent role, which he played along with until it was no longer useful for him to do so. But that's just spinning guesses based on nothing.
Old 2012-04-18, 15:20   Link #498
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
-Apparently Mykage and Fudou have known each other since Apollonius' time.
I'm going with the theory Mykage is Elder Johannes. We never saw his face.
Old 2012-04-18, 16:43   Link #499
kuromitsu

Quote:
kuromitsu: the one curious angle is in the brief flashback glimpses of young Izumo Mykage himself seems, I dunno, cordial? Like he's only very recently become someone Izumi can tell is working actively against Altair's interests. Between that and how apparently "public" and "well-loved" he is, it's certainly not the setup I'd expect from the wiki summary of the original series.
Yeah, it appears that Izumo originally trusted him and then something made him suspect that Mykage might be up to something. I wonder if he has something to do with Ianthe...

>ReddyRedWolf
This reminds me, Mykage's name doesn't follow the Angel theme naming from Genesis: he's missing the "wing." All the Genesis Angels had it, Johannes included (he was "yohane" 夜翅), but not Mykage. (OK, officially Mykage's name has no kanji but I can't think of one for "ke" that would fit any "wing" kanji.) Is that because this is not his real name? Or maybe it's not important.

Thinking about it, Apollonius didn't have it either. Talk about a black sheep.

/focuses on the important things
Old 2012-04-18, 18:17   Link #500
ReddyRedWolf

If Mykage is Elder Johannes it sort of makes sense he killed Jin.

If besides Celiane, Fudo was instrumental in Apollonius defecting to the Human side he wont let him do it a second time.

Also it was payback for Futaba as Fudo did nothing to save him.

Speaking of Futaba I think I may have figured out why Amata has wings for his feet.
Spoiler for Double Reincarnations:

As seen here Apollo wasn't just a reincarnation of that universe's Apollonius but also the reincarnation of OVA Apollo. Same applies to Silvia and Reika.

Theory:

So while Amata and Kagura may be reincarnations of Apollo, part of them is the reincarnation of Futaba.

It would explain certain things. Amata's angel wings and Kagura's child-like temperament.

Mikono and Zessica given some of their doubting personalities perhaps both has Silvia and Reika's souls in them.

Remember Mikono felt she should ask Kagura's forgiveness. Silvia already asked Apollo, Sirius and Touma to forgive her... But she can't ask Futaba's forgiveness as he was dead.

Futaba was a child killed by the New UN for their Assault Aquarion program.
Closed Thread