Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Japanese companies in China:

Panasonic - shut factory in Qingdao

Canon - suspended operations at three plants

Honda and Nissan - stopped production for two days

Mazda - stopped production at Nanjing factory for four days

Toyota - suspended some production

Sony - closed two of its seven plants and is discouraging non-essential travel to China

Seven & I Holdings - closed 13 supermarkets and 198 convenience stores

Fast Retailing - shut 42 Uniqlo clothing stores and advised Japanese employees to stay at home

Aeon - closed 30 out of 35 supermarkets

Komatsu - the construction equipment maker has halted work at three plants in Shandong province

Info from BBC.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 10:07   Link #83
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I'm sure all those companies that closed/suspended operations were employing the locals. Out of work people tend to get angry (or in this case, angrier). This is going to get even uglier.

Endless "No nickname today" Soul
Old 2012-09-18, 10:14   Link #84
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post

Sony - closed two of its seven plants and is discouraging non-essential travel to China

Fast Retailing - shut 42 Uniqlo clothing stores and advised Japanese employees to stay at home

Komatsu - the construction equipment maker has halted work at three plants in Shandong province

Info from BBC.
I'll check on Nikkei when I get home. Sounds like good buys tomorrow morning.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 11:54   Link #85
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Today's Round of Protests in Beijing

"But if you go carryin' pictures of Chairman Mao,
You ain't gonna make it with anyone anyhow"

-- John Lennon

SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 12:13   Link #86
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post

Info from BBC.

anti jap rage may be WORSE for the automakers than the tsunami

here's what's at stake...

Quote:
Because of the riots, Japanese companies have announced that they have had to shut down some factories in China due to the movement. Honda, Mazda, and Nissan have all been included in suspending output. Toyota and Honda have reported damage to their dealers in Qingdao. Right now, the announced shut downs are for two days, but they could also be extended.

China was Japan's number one export market in 2011, with $194.6 billion worth of goods sold in the nation. If the protests continue, the result could be catastrophic for the Japanese automakers. Just one percent off of Japan's exports would be a $1.95 billion loss, and cars are definitely more than that small piece of the pie. And with Japan in a slow economic recovery, they need all the help they can get. There is actually a realistic chance that the losses could be greater than last year's Sendai Earthquake and Tsunami, when Japanese automakers lost approximately $5.6 billion in sales worldwide through April 2012.
http://jalopnik.com/5943912/why-chin...g=chinese-cars
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 16:28   Link #87
Random32
Also a Lolicon

I'll leave this here
http://www.ministryoftofu.com/2012/0...-the-majority/

With all this horrible stuff about what protesters are doing, I think we should remember that they aren't the majority. The Japanese ultranationalists aren't representative of the Japanese people, American ultranationalists are representative of the US, and Chinese ultranationalists aren't representative of the Chinese people.

Quote:
I'm sure all those companies that closed/suspended operations were employing the locals. Out of work people tend to get angry (or in this case, angrier). This is going to get even uglier.
May I be optimistic and hope that they realize that all this mayhem is hurting their country, spread the message, and help calm the idiocy?
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 16:30   Link #88
willx
Nyaaan~~

So, none of these people are from the Politburo, but the idea of trade sanctions and bond attacks is just not good for anyone..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/c...-on-Japan.html
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 16:31   Link #89
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
Chinese ultranationalists aren't representative of the Chinese people.
Except they are representative of the people PRC needs to do the dirty work while making it seem the PRC itself is being the reasonable voice. Basically, unlike Japan, the Chinese ultranationalists are the vanguard and iron curtain for the PRC government.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 17:20   Link #90
Kyuu
=^^=

Best way to settle the dispute:

Spoiler:

Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 17:21   Link #91
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

Spoiler:

China doesn't want that. If they lose Taiwan, Macau and HK would be harping for independence too.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 17:23   Link #92
Sumeragi
Banned

Taiwan joins Japan and ROK into a grand East Asian Union?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 17:23   Link #93
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

Spoiler:

Best way or not, it would be much likely to end up in a bloodbath and destruction.
Old 2012-09-18, 17:24   Link #94
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Taiwan joins Japan and ROK into a grand East Asian Union?
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-...-wallpaper.jpg

In the not-so distant future .. North & South Korea reconcile, annex Japan and invades the United States?
Old 2012-09-18, 17:28   Link #95
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-...-wallpaper.jpg

In the not-so distant future .. North & South Korea reconcile, annex Japan and invades the United States?
Stilling calling them traitors for decades (for ridiculous reasons), I doubt the capitalist South will join ever unite with Militarist North... It's like mixing oil to water... Plus they got high pride, afraid for their pockets and their balls are heavy..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 17:35   Link #96
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
So, none of these people are from the Politburo, but the idea of trade sanctions and bond attacks is just not good for anyone..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/c...-on-Japan.html
Aside from that I forgot about rare earth in China. I did heard that Japan was looking for other sources and more efficient ways to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Stilling calling them traitors for decades (for ridiculous reasons), I doubt the capitalist South will join ever unite with Militarist North... It's like mixing oil to water... Plus they got high pride, afraid for their pockets and their balls are heavy..
Or North Korea, with its cheap labor and deposits of minerals for mining, plus South Korea, with its capital and technology. That sounds great to me.
Old 2012-09-18, 17:40   Link #97
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Far East Region's contribution to the UN Cosmo Navy: 2199
Old 2012-09-18, 17:43   Link #98
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ I think you mean more like this:

Old 2012-09-18, 17:57   Link #99
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Or North Korea, with its cheap labor and deposits of minerals for mining, plus South Korea, with its capital and technology. That sounds great to me.
One thing that Communist and Capitalist have in common, GREED.... that will halt any negotiation.... Who will be the manager and who will be the laborer... that returns back to my previous remarks...

Quote:
If you put them inside the cabinet hall... Two minutes later it would be like this...

NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 18:20   Link #100
Random32
Also a Lolicon

I personally support completely obliterating the islands.

On the topic of rare earths, there are a lot of other sources, including a lot of new ones in the deep pacific that Japan is hoping to exploit. Rare earth alternatives are nearly ready to go, Hitachi has a rare-earth-less motor with similar performance to those using rare earth magnets. Most of the alternatives are coming 2014, a year faster is probably possible with additional funding. I think the rare earth thing will only have a big effect short term, long term not so much.

Restricting Japanese companies from the Chinese market would have a much larger effect long term. Of course, Japanese products are still in demand in China (even the protesters take pictures using Japanese cameras...) and banning them would risk pissing off the middle class that seems to enjoy buying them.

Anyways, there is no way economic warfare between the #2 and #3 economies is ever going to end well for anyone involved, and most who aren't as well.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
border, china, dispute, japan