AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-25, 23:10   Link #14721
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Dude guys, seriously stay on topic...
remember what the mod said... no drifting off topic.

we dont care how you feel, or what time your going to bed or what color underwear your wearing.

If it has no relation to the LN, DONT POST... if its not a question relating to the novel again.. DONT POST.

If its a question in regards to the translators again DONT POST...

Take all this stuff to the social group thread here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=765

LEAVE ALL OF THIS OTHER STUFF OUT OF THIS THREAD.

Keep it straight on topic.... were out of freebies now, and the next time a mod warns us.. it wont be a warning... it will be a declaration saying this thread is LOCKED.

Anyhow... sorry for sounding harsh, but u guys are really asking the mods to LOCK this thread.
Old 2012-02-25, 23:43   Link #14722
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkD View Post

note the word "her"? it might be a mistake in the translation, but its in zzhk's translation. the word "god" on the other hand refers to a he, so we know zzhk already made one mistake in translation because if its a female goddess of breasts you are supposed to say "goddess" not "god".
Oops, let me apologize to everyone and fix it.
The "her" is a slip up, the God of Breast's gender is completely unspecified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene098 View Post
2)Aren't all the translators translating the novel not getting paid?
For English, yes.
However, there is an official Chinese version being published in Taiwan, but they only just started (1 volume so far).
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
Old 2012-02-26, 00:26   Link #14723
Limenade
Boss Mode

Quote:
zzhk since you can make summaries doesn't that mean you can read Japanese?
And from there I can assume that you are Japanese?
And then I can further infer that you can also do translations?
Yet you are doing summaries which further supports my theory that you are not one of the many translators translating the series.
Which then leads to to tell you that I sincerely am not yet ironically do like the Japanese.

Am I correct in what I say zzhk?
Correct me if I'm wrong.
@Gene098 seriously the MOD already posted a huge thing to stay on topic about the LN if you are going to post. If you have something like this to say use the private messaging system. There is no need to spam the thread for your own questions.

@Richocet Its published BY "Fujimi Fantasia Bunko label" but its published in "Dragon Magazines" if I am wrong someone correct.

On a new note, I remember the author stated at some point he wants to be able to finish the LN in a true harem fashion. Its already been insinuated that because Issei is half human then reproducing with him and Rias will be much easier then Rias and a pure blood demon. So I can picture Issei and Rias having kids at the end of the LN at whatever point. But if the author wants a true harem ending then if that were the case then Issei would have to have kids with everyone or kinda wouldnt be a true harem ending or we go the other route and there is no kids at the end lol I personally by the time LN is over wanna see some little Issei/Rias combos
Old 2012-02-26, 00:33   Link #14724
Richocet
Lover of Purity

@Limenade yeah I just saw it on BT after I scrolled all the way down, silly me they have some good issues going on. And yes that is what me and evry other pervert person in this thread wants a happy ending for all girls, in which they all get the person they like.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-02-27 at 16:47. Reason: removed off-topic portion
Old 2012-02-26, 00:42   Link #14725
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

just read the Extra Life of v8 on BT and i was DYING of laughter. The yondai-maou dressing up as power rangers, omg i thought i was gonna bust my gut laughing. Unfortunatly part 4 isn't done yet hopefull it will be soon though i wanna see how that chapter ends, it's too funny.
Old 2012-02-26, 00:44   Link #14726
fazri
blacksun king

i though vol 8 extra life already finised but still have the most interesting part that haven't finised.
ise vs maou red.
well i only can wait.
i hope nom@n will finish it soon and fast!
amen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limenade View Post
@Gene098 seriously the MOD already posted a huge thing to stay on topic about the LN if you are going to post. If you have something like this to say use the private messaging system. There is no need to spam the thread for your own questions.

@Richocet Its published BY "Fujimi Fantasia Bunko label" but its published in "Dragon Magazines" if I am wrong someone correct.

On a new note, I remember the author stated at some point he wants to be able to finish the LN in a true harem fashion. Its already been insinuated that because Issei is half human then reproducing with him and Rias will be much easier then Rias and a pure blood demon. So I can picture Issei and Rias having kids at the end of the LN at whatever point. But if the author wants a true harem ending then if that were the case then Issei would have to have kids with everyone or kinda wouldnt be a true harem ending or we go the other route and there is no kids at the end lol I personally by the time LN is over wanna see some little Issei/Rias combos
about dragon magazine they not release dxd on that magazine but short story from dxd on that magazine.
the novel version realesed by fujimi,and short story on dragon magzine.
novel 4 mounth or 5 month for SS on dragon every 2 month.
Old 2012-02-26, 00:56   Link #14727
Gene098

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazri View Post
i though vol 8 extra life already finised but still have the most interesting part that haven't finised.
ise vs maou red.
well i only can wait.
i hope nom@n will finish it soon and fast!
amen!

about dragon magazine they not release dxd on that magazine but short story from dxd on that magazine.
the novel version realesed by fujimi,and short story on dragon magzine.
novel 4 mounth or 5 month for SS on dragon every 2 month.
What do you mean short story?
Do we have the short stories on BT?
Or is it a special from Dragon Magazine?
Old 2012-02-26, 01:04   Link #14728
fazri
blacksun king

Quote:
What do you mean short story?
Do we have the short stories on BT?
Or is it a special from Dragon Magazine?
what i mean with short story is story that usually happen for joke and fill gap between vol.
vol 8 is compilation of short story from dragon magazine.
on vol 8 almost all story already out on DM,only the extra life that make to link between vol 7 to vol 9.
it's not special but like some demand from publishing company.
like mangaka that publish on weekly and monthly edition.
how should i explain it???
how ask nom@n he know more then i but that information that i give is from him.
you can said short story like spin off that still using time line of main story but the content usually only for fun,jokes,and more erotic content!
from nom@n information SS on DM ther issue that kiba become woman,and ise helping student council because saji get sick by dragon flu.
Old 2012-02-26, 01:26   Link #14729
nanayakiri

Finally decided to stop lurking here and made an account. Just wanted to thank n0m@n and zzhk for the summaries and translations.

Btw just looked at BT and the edits made by skies to vol. 3 looked kinda weird...
Old 2012-02-26, 01:34   Link #14730
Gene098

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanayakiri View Post
Finally decided to stop lurking here and made an account. Just wanted to thank n0m@n and zzhk for the summaries and translations.

Btw just looked at BT and the edits made by skies to vol. 3 looked kinda weird...
What did they change?
Old 2012-02-26, 02:20   Link #14731
xAdversus
スーパー素晴らしいカメラマン!

Quote:
What did they change?
They took out the "page cannot be found' thing. Anything not translated they just blanked out instead of directing you to what I mentioned earlier.

Also your local Northern California photographer.
Old 2012-02-26, 02:29   Link #14732
Bathara Yamadipati
Naraka's Gate Guard

Send a message via MSN to Bathara Yamadipati Send a message via Yahoo to Bathara Yamadipati
Oh almost forgot, IRC link fixed, sorry for those that cant connect yesterday

Old 2012-02-26, 02:33   Link #14733
CNine
Inactive Member

hey guys, what will happen when Ise meet Ichika and Touma?
Old 2012-02-26, 02:35   Link #14734
sinner0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
hey guys, what will happen when Ise meet Ichika and Touma?
All hell will break loose.
Old 2012-02-26, 02:42   Link #14735
Hiro Hayase

A reminder: avoid one liner responses because that makes this forum needlessly long. And stay on topic. Unless you guys want the mods to lock this thread. Newcomers to animesuki should check the rules.

Btw Volume 3 full text is done, though its kinda late.

Volume 3
Old 2012-02-26, 02:42   Link #14736
zzhk
Summary Machine

Just to sum up some key points about the various High School DxD publications:

1) The Light Novel.
Published by Fujimi Shobo under the Fujimi Fantasia Bunko label.
Due to the restrictions of the label, it means that nipple poking is the limit of graphic depictions. Ise will not be visibly sucking breasts any time.
The light novel volumes have been released every 3 to 5 months so far.
Currently up to Volume 11 (released last month in January).
The official Chinese version is published by Kadokawa Taiwan and the first volume was just released 3 days ago.

2) The Side Stories. (People in this thread have been calling them SS.)
Published in the bimonthly Dragon Magazine (once every 2 months).
These short pieces focus on lighthearted stories not directly involved in the main plot. They are self contained and tend to emphasize ecchi and comedy.
Due to reader request, they have also been republished as short story collections: Volume 8 and the future Volume 13 of the light novel.
Looking at some magazine scans, it looks like the original publication has more illustrations compared to the collected version.
Episodes 6 and 7 of the anime are mostly based on the side stories.

3) The Manga.
Originally starting in Dragon Magazine, they are now being released once a month in Monthly Dragon Age.
Currently up to Chapter 14 at the beginning of the Volume 2 Raiser story.
Since it's monthly, it won't be catching up to the light novel any time soon.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
Old 2012-02-26, 03:02   Link #14737
whitecloud

well if isei meet ichika and touma it's still be alright i guess.. the girl's will be happy as they have someone to share stories and pat each other on the back....but what will be troublesome if he met some hentai chara like from trinity seven or boku H...ALL HELL will really break loose all women will be stripped, no clothes remain safe
Old 2012-02-26, 03:13   Link #14738
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by darser View Post

obviously they would be
1. boys
2. girls with not so much oppai
3. themselfs?
This ,No seriously I have this feeling especially after what happened there is no way that the girls (Rias especailly) will want him out of their sight.
So I can totally see that this is what will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darser View Post
soji@ yea and the drawing of that scene will be Ise with a smile on his face seeing Rias and say something like i don't know "I told you I would come back"
Probably, and I hope he tell one of his epic line like the one in vol 10 or the one in vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonroots View Post
Another theory could be he faked his own death. Maybe someone unkown to us right now got Ise out of that dimension before Azazel tried and that person was with Beelzebub, Beelzebub temporarily removed Ise's chess pieces and made Azazel summon them instead of Ise. Reason for faking Ise's death could be to surprise Hades and get him while his guard is down if Hades is truly stronger than Loki someone may have decided that even with the amount of Longinus they have they still need an Ace in the hole. Thus Ise remains in hiding until the last possible second and strikes Hades down in 1 shot (naturally author is gonna have him targeting Rias at this point).
But they will have to force him if this come true...I mean there is no way in the hell that Issei agree to make the girls suffer especially Rias.
But yeah,if this come true Rias wuold be the target a this point and probally the evil piece will be need to make Issei appear where Rias is(if this theory come true.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Oops, let me apologize to everyone and fix it.
The "her" is a slip up, the God of Breast's gender is completely unspecified.
Is that so? thanks for making this clear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Just to sum up some key points about the various High School DxD publications:

1) The Light Novel.
Published by Fujimi Shobo under the Fujimi Fantasia Bunko label.
Due to the restrictions of the label, it means that nipple poking is the limit of graphic depictions. Ise will not be visibly sucking breasts any time.
The light novel volumes have been released every 3 to 5 months so far.
Currently up to Volume 11 (released last month in January).
The official Chinese version is published by Kadokawa Taiwan and the first volume was just released 3 days ago.

2) The Side Stories. (People in this thread have been calling them SS.)
Published in the bimonthly Dragon Magazine (once every 2 months).
These short pieces focus on lighthearted stories not directly involved in the main plot. They are self contained and tend to emphasize ecchi and comedy.
Due to reader request, they have also been republished as short story collections: Volume 8 and the future Volume 13 of the light novel.
Looking at some magazine scans, it looks like the original publication has more illustrations compared to the collected version.
Episodes 6 and 7 of the anime are mostly based on the side stories.

3) The Manga.
Originally starting in Dragon Magazine, they are now being released once a month in Monthly Dragon Age.
Currently up to Chapter 14 at the beginning of the Volume 2 Raiser story.
Since it's monthly, it won't be catching up to the light novel any time soon.
To think that both manga and anime are both in that arc ..O well thakns to clear this as well.

whitecloud@ Wait are you just say that ichika and Issei are the same O_O If that's the case reread the whole ln (vol tralsate)+ summary .
Old 2012-02-26, 03:37   Link #14739
Blazenero007

thx n0m@n for the update on BT on volume 8 to funny
Old 2012-02-26, 03:42   Link #14740
Bathara Yamadipati
Naraka's Gate Guard

Send a message via MSN to Bathara Yamadipati Send a message via Yahoo to Bathara Yamadipati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazenero007 View Post
thx n0m@n for the update on BT on volume 8 to funny
Spoiler for Corrected Spoiler”:
Seriously the extra life had me laughing my arse off because

Spoiler for because...:

Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, devil, ecchi, fetish, harem, nudity, oppai, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural