AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 25 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 263 62.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 68 16.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 8.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 5.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.71%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.24%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 3.31%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-26, 13:24   Link #221
Thoguht

For me, apart from the fact that everyone knew Taiga was Ryuuji's girlfriend, the one thing that says for sure they did have some sort of contact while they were apart was that Taiga went to hide in class 2-C, not 3-something. If she wanted to surprise him, it would be no use just hiding somewhere he might never go again. So, although she might reasonably assume that Ryuuji would want to make one last visit to his 3rd year room, why did she know he would go to 2-C? It wasn't because she knew Ryuuji had noticed her from the schoolyard because from where he was standing you could only see the back of her head. So, how else could she be sure she would meet him unless she'd already let him know?
Old 2009-03-26, 13:28   Link #222
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Definitely one of the best shows of the Fall 2008 season imho. Loved the ending.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-03-26, 13:28   Link #223
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoguht View Post
For me, apart from the fact that everyone knew Taiga was Ryuuji's girlfriend, the one thing that says for sure they did have some sort of contact while they were apart was that Taiga went to hide in class 2-C, not 3-something. If she wanted to surprise him, it would be no use just hiding somewhere he might never go again. So, although she might reasonably assume that Ryuuji would want to make one last visit to his 3rd year room, why did she know he would go to 2-C? It wasn't because she knew Ryuuji had noticed her from the schoolyard because from where he was standing you could only see the back of her head. So, how else could she be sure she would meet him unless she'd already let him know?
You're thinking too much and getting your brain and mine into a twist. As for whether Taiga went to room 2-C because she and Ryuuji were or were not in contact... it can be interpreted both ways. But honestly, I can't be bothered to analyse and embellish their relationship anymore. As far as I'm concerned, they're a solid couple and that's that ^^
Old 2009-03-26, 13:39   Link #224
puppygod

I see some people complained about one year gap. But for me it worked, probably even better than solution from novels.

The whole problem with Taiga and Ryuuji eloping was that however you look at this, Taiga was still minor and after her father fleeing her mother was her only legal guardian. That means that if she says "come home", then Taiga can either hide somewhere with Ryuuji (probably both of them failing their school and overall failing at life, not to mention it's rather childish), or she _have_ to go with her mother. Or nice people in uniforms send her home.

Or, they can do what they did - bite the bullet and go with the long distance relationship for that year. Now Taiga is 18. Both of them graduated from from high school. Now they can marry, go together to university (or work) or whatever they choose to do with their life. And the can be together, and both of them have families. It was hard and painful choice, but it was also mature choice.

Also, it showed that Taiga and Ryuuji bond and mutual trust is really deep one. Further contrasting it with their previous crushes. Plus, it's not like they were totally separated. The scene with mobile phones was really funny illustration re: "Triumph of Technology over Distance". Also it showed how much Taiga changed - from antisocial outcast who could barely survive to self-depended, responsible person with lots of friends. In a way, it's similar for Ryuuji.

Overall, it was a really nice wrap up, and as I stated before - I'm satisfied with that finale.

But it would be nice to see OVA or even series with some spin-offs or maybe some kind of after story. Characterization in this anime was really strong point and I could easily envision several stories with those characters.

PS. Also maybe I'm evil, but sound of crying fanboys is music to my ears.
Old 2009-03-26, 13:42   Link #225
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoguht View Post
I believe Taiga went to class 2-C for symbolic purposes, as they first met and spent their time together there, so it's natural she would want to meet Ryuji there.

And I see nothing wrong with a girl letting her guy know she's somewhere, and then purposely hiding just to pleasantly surprise him, no?
Old 2009-03-26, 13:45   Link #226
puppygod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou View Post
You're thinking too much and getting your brain and mine into a twist. As for whether Taiga went to room 2-C because she and Ryuuji were or were not in contact... it can be interpreted both ways. But honestly, I can't be bothered to analyse and embellish their relationship anymore. As far as I'm concerned, they're a solid couple and that's that ^^
I think she was setting up some kind of surprise (most probably in cooperation with Ami who was to lure him into class or something), but he caught a glimpse of Taigas hair and kinda ruined the surprise...
Old 2009-03-26, 13:52   Link #227
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Aahhh... Finally watched the subs. Let me say it again, ToraDora! is love.

The kiss was.. WOW.

Isn't it significant that Minorin found the star from the Christmas party, the star that she accidentally broke?

I like how the ending mirrors the beginning of this anime (with some differences). The first scene of the first episode shows a pair of Tree Sparrows. Ryuuji is swept off his feet when he first met Taiga, thanks to her uppercut. They meet again in a messy classroom where Taiga botches a love confession and clumsily hides in a locker. In the last episode, Ryuuji sees Taiga after a year in the same, but now orderly classroom. She hides, perhaps planned this time, in a locker, but easily found by him. A love confession is said effortlessly. Next comes Taiga's headbutt. And the last scene in the anime shows a pair of Tree Sparrows.

And for the question of "open endings," I remember my college class in creative writing. A question was raised, when should we end the story? The story ends when we have told our message.

Lastly, I believe most of us has enjoyed ToraDora! like Taiga has enjoyed Ryuuji's kisses. Therefore, let's take it from her, load the first episode and watch one more time...
Old 2009-03-26, 14:22   Link #228
tsunade666

This is a must to see episode. A truly MASTERPIECE! banzai for the JC staff they did an awesome one here. The finally where they repeat the first words of the series about the palmtop tiger. Ryuuji finding taiga in the locker room and the "I LOVE YOU" BOOM!
its a ultimate weapon after shock. It really hit hard. The departure of taiga and not coming
back. Thus just sending a meaningful picture of the solo star in the sky. Its a really a deserving
finally. It touches my heart, warms it and makes it cry....sob sob sob.... no more taiga .... no more ryuuji....
Old 2009-03-26, 14:28   Link #229
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
hah ryuuji should of cheated on taiga while she was away.

Get some action with ami and or minorin. Like most guys would try
Actually. I'm going to say, "no, most guys wouldn't, particularly ones with the character of Ryuuji"... maybe you hang around the wrong kind of guys
Old 2009-03-26, 14:29   Link #230
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
And for the question of "open endings," I remember my college class in creative writing. A question was raised, when should we end the story? The story ends when we have told our message.
Amen to that, is all I can say. And, if anything, this final episode was all about delivering that point over and over and over. I only hope that, next time people watch a show and get all moody and opinionated about the way the plot is developing, they'll just remember this lesson, go back to the beginning, and remember the show's message. Then, all the little things fall right into place. That's what telling a story is all about.
Old 2009-03-26, 14:32   Link #231
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Thumbs up

10 for 10. Really nothing needs be said. It had it all.
Old 2009-03-26, 14:34   Link #232
Green˛
It's bacon!

I also thought the kiss scene done here was wonderful. Though I also would have accepted Minori kissing Taiga, Ami kissing Minori, and Yasuko kissing Yuri.
Old 2009-03-26, 14:44   Link #233
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Mmm a truly satisfying ending. Absolutely loved it. Props to JC Staff who 'finally' got a series down in a very good way. It's been a while since I had such a satisfying ending to a romance anime. It had everything I wanted in an ending. Wow, this makes 2 (soon to be 3, marimite, other being clannad) anime endings this season that I thought were perfect for respective series, which is more than rare.
Old 2009-03-26, 14:46   Link #234
Avacado Burger
Senpai, we musn't!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green˛ View Post
I also thought the kiss scene done here was wonderful. Though I also would have accepted Minori kissing Taiga, Ami kissing Minori, and Yasuko kissing Yuri.
I approve of this, and now I'm actually kind of disappointed now that I've thought about these wonderful scenarios...
Old 2009-03-26, 15:02   Link #235
maxpepper

FFS, Inko-chan finally says his name and all you people can talk about is the kiss, the character development and the culmination of a great anime such as Toradora?

I mean seriously, come on now...
Old 2009-03-26, 15:08   Link #236
Jethro
howtoplay tomoyofighter?

I was crying when they kissed for the first time XD!!

"Souiu fuu ni dekiteiru"
Old 2009-03-26, 15:11   Link #237
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpepper View Post
FFS, Inko-chan finally says his name and all you people can talk about is the kiss, the character development and the culmination of a great anime such as Toradora?

I mean seriously, come on now...
That was probably the most predictable event in this episode. From the very beginning of Toradora, I was only sure of two things: (1) Ryuuji and Taiga becoming a couple at some point, and (2) Inko-chan saying his name in the final episode
Old 2009-03-26, 15:20   Link #238
Fran~
floating away...

Beautiful WIN...

Ja ne, minna =3
Old 2009-03-26, 15:21   Link #239
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Proper styll~!

I see why ep 24 was so horribly rushed. It makes sense now. The ending redeemed things for me, although I find just a slight bit of rushing here as well. I say this because I don't find the need for her leaving like that, and having an end appearance like that - the end appearance was necessary, and in order for this appearance to happen, she had to leave. It was done extremely well to follow up ep 24, which I found to be tragic in terms of Toradora's superb delivery all season, and it wasn't even that bad. Simply because Toradora was so great, I guess my expectations were beyond the standard norm.

But in the end, Great ending. It was a joyful ride indeed.

10/10

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
Old 2009-03-26, 15:56   Link #240
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Congratulations ipernorris on writing what has got to be the biggest ... troll ...
Sometimes you don't even have to respond to someone ... their own post basically does all the work for you and they shoot themselves repeatedly, garnering an "F" in story comprehension and analysis skills for all to see A glance through post histories is often quite illuminating ....

The series certainly isn't perfect and I'll say it had a lot of small problems and unnecessarily missed opportunities in adapting the story - but compared with the majority of whats out there it did remarkably well.

As for the episode.... it certainly succeeded in hitting all the marks in closing up loose ends while leaving a lot of directions that future stories *could* take the viewer. We've already seen one spinoff novel and since the novel sales seem to be doing quite well, I suspect we'll see more spinoffs.