AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-26, 20:31   Link #21
imza

I'll be curious to see if Diamante can break Barto's barrier, especially considering even the King's punch was not enough to break through it.
Old 2014-02-27, 00:02   Link #22
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 739
That was cool chapter. I wonder when we will get to see the final matchups? What if Kyros already faced Daflamingo before? I wonder how strong he is? After seeing this coliseum fight, 3000 matches undefeated one hell of an achievement. Will this be a tag team match with Luffy and Kyros Vs. Daflamingo? It will be very interesting to see what really went on once plan SOP is achieved. I am also wondering if there is going to be a long flash back? When will it happen if it does? Will it be right after SOP mission is completed? This whole memory affect thing kinda reminds me of Flashpoint paradox. I wonder if everyone will have seizures when their memory starts returning? For some it will be weird having memories of two lives. Diamante stopping Rebecca from moving with his foot was pretty clever. It pays just to keep things simple. Pica sounds like he is going to be huge.

Ten Years!
Sugar’s fruit is very valuable to Oda and the character who possess it. Its abilities to suppress peoples memories and make people disappear is really powerful. If I were a person in a high position (celestial dragon, royalty, Cipher Pol, Marine, and WG) I would pay or do Daflamingo a favor later down the road to make people disappear. Good example Scholars of Ohara, Rogue agents (like CP9), People who discovered Vergo’s true identity earlier, Spies from other countries (revolutionary), Skeletons you did not want getting out to the public, political rivals you could not win against, major incidents (like Punk Hazards), major events (Royal wedding you did not want happening), and list goes on. Ten years of that power can really coverup a lot of headache. I wonder if Daflamingo was going to take Moria and have him turned into a toy? Luffy could have a sister and not even know it. Ten years ago means Luffy was 9 years old. What if the Straw hats start to have memories return to them. Like we get to see who Robin’s dad is. Was he a Scholar? Maybe Joy boy will finally be revealed to us. Sugar’s fruit give Oda a lot of room to move around when it comes to imagination and story telling. He can even go into the back 10 years and rewrite history if he wanted to. What if Oda introduces a Straw Hat member that way? That would be weird not remembering you had a crew mate with you from the beginning. What do you say to him or her? I feel sorry for all the Dressrosa citizens who found new lovers ten years ago. How many of them already had love one but couldn’t remember. This city is going to burn!
Old 2014-02-27, 05:27   Link #23
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

I just want to know who is fighting for Luffy :|
Old 2014-02-27, 09:22   Link #24
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLcHaKeTeRo View Post
I just want to know who is fighting for Luffy :|
Did One Piece turn into a harem show now?
Old 2014-02-27, 11:02   Link #25
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Can't wait to see Barto take on Diamante.
Old 2014-02-27, 11:05   Link #26
Blackbeard D. Kuma

There's no way Barto's getting by just by relying on his barrier defense. We'll learn about its weakness and how to exploit it, surely. Diamante and Burgess have already witnessed his "hax" barrier, and they don't seem to be concerned in the slightest.
Old 2014-02-27, 12:00   Link #27
kakakka

Armament Haki, as shown against almost all fruit abilities, should have a fighting chance against Bart's Barrier. And if Diamante(?)'s ability applies to any tangible objects, Bart's barrier should be no exception, as far as I can tell.
Old 2014-02-27, 12:46   Link #28
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Did One Piece turn into a harem show now?
I meant to say, who is fighting in Luffy's place in the tournament lol
Old 2014-02-27, 14:30   Link #29
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLcHaKeTeRo View Post
I meant to say, who is fighting in Luffy's place in the tournament lol
1. It's a man.
2. He and Luffy know each other.
3. Luffy freaked out when he saw him, and later he was seen crying.
4. That guy was crying, too.
5. Luffy thought he was dead.
6. Koala said he could've done nothing, even if he had appeared in "that place".
7. Three sake cups were shown on Ace's grave.
8. The guy asked the dead Ace to watch over him.
9. He is a Revolutionary.

If all of this isn't enough for you to figure out who he is, I suggest you (re-)read/watch the arc after Marineford.
Old 2014-02-27, 14:47   Link #30
paradox13
zzz

^lmao

Hilarious.
Old 2014-02-27, 15:19   Link #31
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
You forgot the pipe!
Old 2014-02-27, 15:36   Link #32
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altes View Post
1. It's a man.
2. He and Luffy know each other.
3. Luffy freaked out when he saw him, and later he was seen crying.
4. That guy was crying, too.
5. Luffy thought he was dead.
6. Koala said he could've done nothing, even if he had appeared in "that place".
7. Three sake cups were shown on Ace's grave.
8. The guy asked the dead Ace to watch over him.
9. He is a Revolutionary.

If all of this isn't enough for you to figure out who he is, I suggest you (re-)read/watch the arc after Marineford.
So it's Pandaman?
Old 2014-02-27, 21:52   Link #33
Eugor

it's obviously big mom (beating burgess without problems and the pipe)
Old 2014-02-27, 22:00   Link #34
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
So it's Pandaman?
...What if Pandaman was Sabo's alias and was really looking out for Luffy all this time :O. But yh I aree that it is Pandaman.
Old 2014-02-27, 22:44   Link #35
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
I'll be curious to see if Diamante can break Barto's barrier, especially considering even the King's punch was not enough to break through it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
There's no way Barto's getting by just by relying on his barrier defense. We'll learn about its weakness and how to exploit it, surely. Diamante and Burgess have already witnessed his "hax" barrier, and they don't seem to be concerned in the slightest.
Hax Fruit or Not
They still have to be very careful because it is still a formidable fruit. I don’t think anyone on that battle field can break that barrier period. Second if it were possible Diamante would have done it long time ago if he thought he could break it. Right now I think the weakness of the fruit is it can only perform one action at a time. Meaning its either defending one person, used on offensive purpose, or another action. The user has to decide he can’t have both.

View Points
Right now Diamante is beating down Rebecca. The natural reaction will be for Bartolomeo to shield Rebecca. When he does Diamante would have a good chance to attacking Bartolomeo because he is not shielded.

Now if you look at this through Bartolomeo if he does shield Rebecca he leaves himself vulnerable. The only solution is to go on the offensive so he take all of the attention away from Rebecca. Now this is the part that I say be very careful of the fruit regardless of how cheap it is. My thinking is if you can shield yourself and make an impregnable shield why not turn it into an impregnable prison? Like a bubble prison so they can’t move or get out. The only problem is now Sabo has to keep Burgess from attacking Bartolomeo. If he loses his concentration then Diamante can get out. Try and throw him in the water if he can. If this works then move on to Burgess. Right now I don’t see Bartolomeo doing this because he does not seem (to me anyways) to be the guy who thinks strategy wise or innovative wise.
Old 2014-02-28, 08:49   Link #36
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Second if it were possible Diamante would have done it long time ago if he thought he could break it.
Up until now, Diamante has been waiting for the 4 finalists to emerge. Why would he attack Bartolomeo before the finals even begin? That's against the rules of conduct.

The point is, there are reasons why someone would refrain from performing a certain action under certain circumstances.
Old 2014-02-28, 11:41   Link #37
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
I agree with you. I was still talking within the final match not before. I worded it wrong because this match seems like it is moving along slowly.
Old 2014-02-28, 18:34   Link #38
marvelB

As far as Diamante goes, I'm actually pretty interested in how he partnered with Doflamingo in the first place. As far as I can see, Dofla seems to place the most trust in him, next to Vergo (putting him in charge of the coliseum, entrusting the fire fruit to him, apparently tasking him with the murder of Rebecca's mother, etc.). Actually, I'm interested in Dofla's history with ALL his top officers, in general. Maybe they were all former nobles like him, as well? I hope we learn more about his past with them soon....
Old 2014-02-28, 19:24   Link #39
JonSnow

If Bartolomeo ends up giving Diamante a run for his money, Rebecca might take that opportunity to go after the mera mera no mi.

Either ways, we can't be certain yet that Diamante's going to overwhelm Barto. We still need to see them both go all out.
Old 2014-02-28, 20:58   Link #40
paradox13
zzz

It's Sabo vs Burgess and Diamante vs Barto and Rebecca at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
As far as Diamante goes, I'm actually pretty interested in how he partnered with Doflamingo in the first place. As far as I can see, Dofla seems to place the most trust in him, next to Vergo (putting him in charge of the coliseum, entrusting the fire fruit to him, apparently tasking him with the murder of Rebecca's mother, etc.). Actually, I'm interested in Dofla's history with ALL his top officers, in general. Maybe they were all former nobles like him, as well? I hope we learn more about his past with them soon....
Yea, that would be interesting. Mind you, we don't usually see the back stories of the villains; New fishman pirates being the exception.