AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-06-15, 09:50   Link #41
tetsuo69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
^what... the hell >:P

Wikipedia (omfgwtf, burn me now) says Legend have a 'similar' DRAGOON system as S-F...
sorry i cant trust Weikipedia as offcial as it can be edit by anyone.

Quote:
According to MAHQ, Akatsuki uses DRAGOONs, but at the same time the site also says legend uses DRAGOONs, only SF has Super DRAGOONs.
believe more this than wiki, and from what i know there hasnt been any say on what makes Strike freedoms Super dragoons :Super but in case you want(SNT1) to speculate that the "Super" might mean it can be use by anyone than why not name legends dragoons Super too? its clear they arent the same or atleast i'll like to think that.
Old 2006-06-15, 10:01   Link #42
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
It has nothing to do with the DRAGOONs themselves, but with the system that controls them. What exactly makes them "super" is still unknown, since they don't demonstrate any superior maneuverability when compared to those of Legend, and they have less beam emitters.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 10:27   Link #43
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthand
I don't think the G-bits can really be compared to either the funnel OR dragoon. If it was to be compared I'll say it's more like the mobile dolls of Gundam Wing (albert MDs).
MDs are self operating AI which are totally independent on their own. But G-bits are 100% dependant on the pilot, they're no different from bits. They just come in a bigger package.

The reason why funnels/bits/DRAGOONs aren't suppose to work in the atmosphere is because of the atmosphere itself. These remote weapons aren't designed aerodynamically, they can't fly. Even if they can keep themselves airborne, their directional thrusters probably don't provide enough thrust against air resistance. Their main thrusters may be able to propel them forward but they probably can't perform any good maneuvers and would drop from the sky quickly.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 13:35   Link #44
tritoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69
sorry i cant trust Weikipedia as offcial as it can be edit by anyone.

believe more this than wiki, and from what i know there hasnt been any say on what makes Strike freedoms Super dragoons :Super but in case you want(SNT1) to speculate that the "Super" might mean it can be use by anyone than why not name legends dragoons Super too? its clear they arent the same or atleast i'll like to think that.

Actually if you read the description for both Legend and SF, it says the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahq.net
Where the original Freedom Gundam carried a pair of plasma beam cannons, the Strike Freedom features eight DRAGOON (Disconnected Rapid Armament Group Overlook Operation Network) units. The DRAGOON units housed in the wings utilize an improved quantum communications system, allowing normal pilots without expanded spatial awareness to use them.

The Legend Gundam features a new quantum communication system that allows normal pilots to control the DRAGOONs.
"Super" might refer to the type of armanent the DRAGOON carry. Legend carries the assault beam machine gun. SF carries beam assault cannons (and yet the colors of the beam stay the same: green )
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 14:07   Link #45
tetsuo69

Quote:
Actually if you read the description for both Legend and SF, it says the same thing.
where? if you dont mind can you post a source?i want to be 100% sure so i wont ask this in the future so if you dont mind can you show us the official source that states they the same?
Old 2006-06-15, 14:32   Link #46
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

here ya go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahq
The Legend Gundam features a new quantum communication system that allows normal pilots to control the DRAGOONs.
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/see...zgmf-x666s.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahq
The DRAGOON units housed in the wings utilize an improved quantum communications system, allowing normal pilots without expanded spatial awareness to use them
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/see.../zgmf-x20a.htm

If anything. I think the "super" DRAGOONs are actually the crappiest out of all CE DRAGOONs, save gunbarrels and wire-guided weaponry. SF's remotes are inferior to Legend, Providence and Akatsuki.
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 15:15   Link #47
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Yes that's the links. But I still agree with what you said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69
but in case you want(SNT1) to speculate that the "Super" might mean it can be use by anyone than why not name legends dragoons Super too? its clear they arent the same or atleast i'll like to think that.
Legend=new quantum communication system
Strike Freedom=new quantum communication system
Legend/=super
Strike Freedom=super
super/=new quantum communication system

Some people say super has to do with armament. Others say it has to do with maneuverability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
It has nothing to do with the DRAGOONs themselves, but with the system that controls them. What exactly makes them "super" is still unknown, since they don't demonstrate any superior maneuverability when compared to those of Legend
But both Strike Freedom and Legend has the "new quantum communication system". Or do you mean the pilots control terminal? Or something else?
If I had to bet I would say the super is something in its maneuvering system. Then we could just explain that we didn't see any superior maneuvering because they ran out of bugdet for hte maneuvering animations.
According to SNT1 Kira managed to destroy all of Legends DRAGOON, so at least something in Strike Freedom's DRAGOON is superior, be it the control system as you said
or the the different beams
or its maneuverability
or something else...I wonder what is left
Maybe "super" doesn't have any meaning, which just means that Kira is just that good compared to Rey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthand
hmm... good point about the funnels. I too can't remember if funnels can be used on earth. But like i said it looks way way cooler than the dragoons.
If you are talking about these then I'm afraid we have to diasgree

There is no way I can ever call that cool.
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 15:18   Link #48
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

i dunno i think they are cool due to the fact that they have a slightly more realitsic look and they look as if they are the next step up from the INCOM system, which it grew up from.
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 15:19   Link #49
tritoch

THIS is a funnel
Old 2006-06-15, 15:29   Link #50
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Dragoon

back to topic, "super" is indeed blurry. The only reason Rey lost out to Kira is (I say it again!) MAGIC WORDS.
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 15:39   Link #51
tritoch

Obviously, listening and dodging inhibit the same part of the brain that's why that part of the brain can't multi task those two since it would require a lot more brain cells.
Old 2006-06-15, 15:59   Link #52
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
According to SNT1 Kira managed to destroy all of Legends DRAGOON, so at least something in Strike Freedom's DRAGOON is superior, be it the control system as you said
But none of the DRAGOONs ever fought each other, and Kira didn't destroy all of Legend's DRAGOONs - I didn't exactly count, but at least one or two made it out alive I think, if I remember correctly. In either case, he destroyed them with his beam rifle - including a good old reused scene from the Prov - Freedom fight (and ironically, it was also used by Rey early in the show), and one from the opening.

And the compact funnels are actually really cool - look at how one of them moves when it fights Amuro in the beginning of CCA .
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 16:09   Link #53
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
And the compact funnels are actually really cool - look at how one of them moves when it fights Amuro in the beginning of CCA .
Whaaanoooooooo *shakes head* you can't mind trick me like that, I will refuse to belive they're cool to the bitter end

Quote:
But none of the DRAGOONs ever fought each other, and Kira didn't destroy all of Legend's DRAGOONs - I didn't exactly count, but at least one or two made it out alive I think, if I remember correctly. In either case, he destroyed them with his beam rifle - including a good old reused scene from the Prov - Freedom fight (and ironically, it was also used by Rey early in the show), and one from the opening.
My memory is so far off I don't even remember the Strike Freedom - Legend fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
cooool

NO wait Those aren't cool either! ugh I swear some UC newtype is using his powers on me right now...
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 04:32   Link #54
lighthand
MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb

Personnally I like both the compac as well as the (even cooler) Fin Funnel that Hi-Nu used.
lighthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 07:33   Link #55
MooMooFarm

What about bits/funnels/dragoons that shoot out bits/funnels/dragoons that keep going on and on and on. Then once the frigging sector is covered, they ASPLODE. Or well shoot or something.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 07:57   Link #56
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm
What about bits/funnels/dragoons that shoot out bits/funnels/dragoons that keep going on and on and on. Then once the frigging sector is covered, they ASPLODE. Or well shoot or something.
That sounds like Turn A/X's nanomachines.

They breakdown matter and use them to produce more nanomachines, this keeps repeating and the nanomachines will destroy matter in an exponential rate.

Old 2006-06-16, 10:48   Link #57
lighthand
MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam

OK Turn A is out! It's nanomachines are too far off to compare with funnel OR dragoons. Come-on the stupid thing reproduce itself for G sake! How to beat that???

Nope! Let's just stick to funnel vs dragoons.
Old 2006-06-17, 07:22   Link #58
NeonZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
Actually the G-Bits have limited armaments. The ones for Leopard has 1 arm gatling, the one for Airmaster has 2 buster rifles, and the one for X has 1 beam saber and the satellite cannon.
Huh... the X ones also have 1 Buster Rifle...

Quote:
The only possible advantage I can see for the G-Bits are their longer operative time but that won't matter much if the battle ends in a short enough time. Another thing about the size difference is that the G-Bits can't maneuver as much with the same number of Bits in a specified amount of space. And if what you say is true about a pilot being less effective in his own mobile suit, then that just gives more chance of an opening to get a shot at the controlling mobile suit.
Gundam X episode 29 clearly showed that G-Bits have more agility than usual Bits. Garrod and Janmil who could easily shot down bits by that point couldn't even get one hit on those things. In fact, only Witz hit them once, and that was after Garrod baited them away from him.

Even though the G-Bits are bigger, they also have multiple thrusters, not just a single one, and each one of those thrusters are better than the ones of a Bit because of their size.

The only real advantage of the funnels are stealth attacks, like the ones shown in Mobile suit Gundam and Zeta Gundam. Most pilots aren't even able to notice the funnel (the animation even makes them invisible to show that). Gundam X also briefly showed that during the Karis' arc, but the animation didn't actually make them invisible there, we just got to see Garrod's comments when he said that he could finally see them.
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 07:31   Link #59
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Funnel's are also for all range and multi directional attacks, not just being guns too fast for the human eye to follow.

They can attack from melee range to extreme long range, their range is only limited by their fuel. I'm not sure how far can a newtype's mind control can reach though. And you can have 6 of them attacking a single target in 6 directions, there's no way to block all of them if all of them are on target, you're bound to take damage.

Old 2006-06-17, 21:32   Link #60
lighthand
MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Funnel's are also for all range and multi directional attacks, not just being guns too fast for the human eye to follow.

They can attack from melee range to extreme long range, their range is only limited by their fuel. I'm not sure how far can a newtype's mind control can reach though. And you can have 6 of them attacking a single target in 6 directions, there's no way to block all of them if all of them are on target, you're bound to take damage.
Actually that brings to mind... just how far can funnels and dragoons be controlled? If they are being controlled by brainwaves, then it's range should be only limited by the ability of the controller right?