AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-16, 21:43   Link #301
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

However, I wouldn't mind seeing this continued in manga or novel form. I doubt Shogo's the first and last person who wants to demolish the Sibyl System.
Old 2013-03-16, 22:08   Link #302
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I'm just let down that there are no flashback to the original specimen case considering the importance of said case, except a novel about it. I thought episode 12 will be start of a series of flashbacks but no, sorry Yayoi fan but looking at the whole series, episode 12 is probably a wasted episode which could have been used as a special OVA episode.
Old 2013-03-16, 23:06   Link #303
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I'm just let down that there are no flashback to the original specimen case considering the importance of said case, except a novel about it. I thought episode 12 will be start of a series of flashbacks but no, sorry Yayoi fan but looking at the whole series, episode 12 is probably a wasted episode which could have been used as a special OVA episode.
Yeah really....all of that with Ko's former partner and Rina/Lina whatever her name was, seems like it was just filler. Since Yayoi got the focus on those episodes, I figured they were setting her up for a death in the future....
Old 2013-03-17, 01:11   Link #304
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Yeah really....all of that with Ko's former partner and Rina/Lina whatever her name was, seems like it was just filler. Since Yayoi got the focus on those episodes, I figured they were setting her up for a death in the future....
If there's a potential Season 2, it's possible to work in Rina and her rebel group to be the next bad guys.
Old 2013-03-17, 01:16   Link #305
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
If there's a potential Season 2, it's possible to work in Rina and her rebel group to be the next bad guys.
It is true that if there is no season 2 (to put Rina and his band in history) then episode 12 (even though I love Yayoi) set aside his past showed us the limit was useless in the anime ...

and therefore I would have preferred in the past of kagari episode or something
Old 2013-03-18, 05:29   Link #306
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
However, I wouldn't mind seeing this continued in manga or novel form. I doubt Shogo's the first and last person who wants to demolish the Sibyl System.
I have a hunch that the hyper-oat attack was a diversion or distraction.

As season 2 would be cool. I like the setting.

- Japan's population dropped by several factors. It has an extremely low birthrate. Most of Japan lives in a few cities or just one. A country of 5-20 million people?
- Japan is an isolated country
- the world outside Japan seems to be suffering calamities... Kogami speculated that Japan becoming opening its ports would make whatever is happening across the oceans flood the country with refugees and get it involved in whatever is happening outside.
- 99% of the Japanese diet consists of processed food made out of GMO Oats. Ouch.

The ending will be intense. This is a series where everyone could end up dead in the end, with the Sybil system prevailing.

An ending where the Sybil system collapses could also be just as likely.

I personally expect a cliffhanger or open ended finale... with a second season possible.

- I think the hyper oat thing is a distraction. It's half-baked. There is almost no way for Shogo to win anymore. He should have known how easy it would be to foil him.
- he may not have been modifying the virus to kill plants... but to kill people.
- Shogo may have been in league with Rina. Rina got the spotlight for a brief episode and then disappeared.
- Rina could show up. Rina may be carrying out the "real plan."
- Is Akane slightly asymptomatic? Has she been all along? Will Sybil want her brain?
Old 2013-03-18, 12:50   Link #307
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I think it's safe to say Kogami will not return to the group after the final fight. Think about it, if Kogami returns he knows he will be executed and of course Akane would risk her life trying to save him. Since Kogami doesn't want that he won't return.
Old 2013-03-18, 16:54   Link #308
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I think it's safe to say Kogami will not return to the group after the final fight. Think about it, if Kogami returns he knows he will be executed and of course Akane would risk her life trying to save him. Since Kogami doesn't want that he won't return.

It depends on the state of Sybil. If Akane and Shogo die... Kogami could switch the brains in order for Akane to influence Sybil... reform it from within. Akane could do the same if Kogami and Shogo die, switch the brains.

If Shogo dies but was just creating a diversion for the "real" plan... then Akane, Kogami, and the rest of the team survivors would mourn their dead and we get a open ended ending with the heroes looking forward to an uncertain future.
Old 2013-03-19, 00:30   Link #309
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
It's all an elaborate setup to see if they can hack it as inspectors :P
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Closed Thread

Tags
résume, spoil