AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 41 36.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 41.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 11.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.88%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.88%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-15, 17:54   Link #161
Moridin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calawain View Post
Re-watching the episode today I once again was in agreement with Kona-chan about little sister characters and moe. I have a sister who is several years younger than me, so I rarely see any moe in the younger sister or loli types. As soon as I hear the male lead being called "onii-chan" I prepare for the worst. I never really understood the whole lolicon type, I mean in the Saimoe tournaments from years past, 9 year olds from Nanoha won. Blows my mind.
And that is where the irony of the "little sister moe" lie. The easiest way for an older guy to be around younger girls is if he has a little sister, and then she has a lot of friends. But since he is an olderbrother to a girl of the same age he would probably be feeling "protective" or "caring" for the girls, rather than "atracted" or "turned on" or "overwhelmed by cuteness ( hehe )". So the reason that this kind of moe exist is that the ones that actualy gets to be around young girls dont realy think about the girls in that way, leaving the rest of the guys wishing that they were in those guys shoes (thus reacting to this kind of moe).
I reason like this. when a person that feels "younger sister moe" sees a young girl with some dude, he thinks "IF that happend to me it would be soo cute" or some other thought in that general direction. In my theory the main word of all those thought is the "IF". So for the moe to exist, things like that cant happen to you, because of they did, then there would be no "if" in that thought.
This is just my thoughts, and I dont know alot about "younger sister moe" or Moe in general. Actualy I hadnt even heard about moe until I watched Lucky star. So if all this sounds increadibly wrong, or my use of the word "moe" is all wrong, then it is just me thinking that I knew something when I realy didnt... it does happen from time to time ;p
Old 2007-09-15, 19:00   Link #162
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
Hello. Watched the episode. It's full of laughing moments indeed. I voted 10

AVPlaya
Once again, thank you for another set of cultural reference. I learn a lot of new things every time I read them.
Also, thanks for your comments on Kagami's typing skills. I type in japanese myself so when i watched the episode the joke was clear to me.
I just came up with a possible English equivalent to the joke (you probably all know this, I remember this poem since the time I was learning English in the uni).

eye halve a spelling chequer
it came with my pea sea
it plainly marques four my revue
miss steaks eye kin knot sea
eye strike a quay and type a word
and weight four it two say
weather eye am wrong oar write
it shows me strait a weigh.
as soon as a mist ache is maid
it nose bee fore two long
and eye can put the error rite
its rare lea ever wrong.
eye have run this poem threw
i am shore your pleased two no
its letter perfect awl the weigh
my chequer tolled me sew.

*falls out of chair*
Old 2007-09-16, 05:17   Link #163
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

EP 23 References Part B

Okay, Reference List Part B for Episode 23! I think I've skipped something but I fogot what... Iku ze!

Spoiler for Long Post - unhide to read:

===
23 done! Now to watch 24... but I don't know if I want to...

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-09-21 at 15:39.
Old 2007-09-16, 11:25   Link #164
Calawain
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
And that is where the irony of the "little sister moe" lie. The easiest way for an older guy to be around younger girls is if he has a little sister, and then she has a lot of friends. But since he is an olderbrother to a girl of the same age he would probably be feeling "protective" or "caring" for the girls, rather than "atracted" or "turned on" or "overwhelmed by cuteness ( hehe )". So the reason that this kind of moe exist is that the ones that actualy gets to be around young girls dont realy think about the girls in that way, leaving the rest of the guys wishing that they were in those guys shoes (thus reacting to this kind of moe).
I reason like this. when a person that feels "younger sister moe" sees a young girl with some dude, he thinks "IF that happend to me it would be soo cute" or some other thought in that general direction. In my theory the main word of all those thought is the "IF". So for the moe to exist, things like that cant happen to you, because of they did, then there would be no "if" in that thought.
This is just my thoughts, and I dont know alot about "younger sister moe" or Moe in general. Actualy I hadnt even heard about moe until I watched Lucky star. So if all this sounds increadibly wrong, or my use of the word "moe" is all wrong, then it is just me thinking that I knew something when I realy didnt... it does happen from time to time ;p
Makes a lot of sense, I used to find most of my sister's friends irritating rather than attractive. However, now that my sister is 17 I don't always see it that way, although I rarely see them as I live 3,000 miles away from where I grew up.
Old 2007-09-16, 11:29   Link #165
Calawain
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I went to this site and I get jibberish for most of the characters for some reason. I have the regular language packs installed, so I go to moonphase for example and it's readable Japanese. Am I missing something for this site, some language pack I overlooked?
Old 2007-09-16, 11:48   Link #166
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calawain View Post
I went to this site and I get jibberish for most of the characters for some reason. I have the regular language packs installed, so I go to moonphase for example and it's readable Japanese. Am I missing something for this site, some language pack I overlooked?
It is ok for me. Maybe you should check the encoding, it is in Shift-JIS.

Ok, offtopic, continued
Speaking of the wapro I wanted to mention the fact that when typing in japanese it s much easier to make mistakes of you're not careful. Russian textbooks are notorious for numerous typos in them. Textbooks on japanese language are no exception. While they are quite professionally written, the technical part leaves much to be desired.
For example, the one that i'm studying at the moment features proverbs and idioms in each lesson.
So among other things I noticed it was typed
地震雷家事親父

家事 is house chores while it should be 火事 (fire).
The other one is typed like this
清水の舞台から飛下りる
i think the other kanji is used - 飛び降りる, though in this example both kanji seem to be interchangeable.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru

Last edited by nikorai; 2007-09-16 at 12:49.
Old 2007-09-16, 14:17   Link #167
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
My own silly comments again.
Spoiler for Long Post - unhide to read:
Old 2007-09-16, 15:21   Link #168
Meophist

About the cake: I've always found "Strawberry Shortcake" a very common item in RPGs, so I'm not surprised to hear at all that it's the most popular type of cake in Japan.
Old 2007-10-04, 21:17   Link #169
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Episode 23 is out by a.f.k. Only one more to go!

Old 2007-10-04, 21:42   Link #170
Traece
:cool:

I have to say the funniest part of this episode for me personally, may have been the part with the Xylitol gum. I just saw ep 23 today after getting back from the dentist and they mentioned it. The coincidence had me laughing before Miyuki even hurt herself.
Plus every time I see Minami pat her lack of breasts I just have to crack into a smile and a chuckle.
Honestly I can't end this post without mentioning Konata's autocomplete.
Konata... I must say... Has the strangest autocomplete in the history of autocompletes. It's like her computer is programmed to turn EVERYTHING into something that has to do with her. How can someone type like that?? Well, only Konata can it seems.
Old 2007-10-04, 23:10   Link #171
taelrak

Why do I keep getting this picture in my head when Konata talks about inserting random moe and other stuff to mecha shows?
Old 2007-10-06, 18:25   Link #172
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Probably the lesbians? Hell, sometimes I completely forget KnM even had mecha to begin with.

Just watched this ep. Holy crap, it was actually funny. Brilliant, even. Why the hell couldn't this anime be this funny more often or earlier? What a waste of potential...
Closed Thread