Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-21, 05:07   Link #1181
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 16:
Old 2009-07-21, 08:01   Link #1182
Bordix

Not bad, not bad at all. Lovin the facial expressions here, especially Arthurs, and that 'First person view' fight was so freakin awesome!

Spoiler for Rathy Missile:
Old 2009-07-21, 09:00   Link #1183
Forever
Revealing the truth

LoL Rathy missile! Favourite moment of the ep. Wonder if they will catapult her next.
Old 2009-07-21, 10:37   Link #1184
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well she is a walking WMD what with taking out entire siege towers and generally making massive craters so best to put those talents to their full use...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 14:47   Link #1185
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Rathy missle? They actually have missles in that era? XD
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 16:35   Link #1186
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

They have fireball catapults with guidance systems, so why the hell not. :P

Also missile's Latin root missilis means throw.
Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 16:53   Link #1187
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Well she is a walking WMD what with taking out entire siege towers and generally making massive craters so best to put those talents to their full use...
Actually she's like that in the game as well. I would just beef her up with the best power up equipment, at the start of a battle I would just have Octavia casting speed up, attack rate up and power up on her and watch Rahty rip down bosses by herself. Including the final one. o_o
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 20:12   Link #1188
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This series has stepped up its animation effort since episode 13 and didn't let up. Episode 16 is no different.

Spoiler for episode 16:
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 23:19   Link #1189
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Oh man epi 16 was great! I knew Id like it better when I knew what they were saying

As much as I dont like Arthur, I really liked his little inner battle/outer battle with the Horc guys. When he called out Arawn's name (which somehow I missed in the raw) I was like...O_O and Arawn's line about being his good friend was touching.

Ogam...wow. I didnt know that was coming so when I saw the raw I was shocked. Great use of character, anyone who can turn into a dragon automatically pwns

Riannon gets props as well, she had some good character development in this epi. She rallied the troops but what the heck is headed there way???

Rathy missile I would have yelled at the elf too
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 23:36   Link #1190
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Ogam...wow. I didnt know that was coming so when I saw the raw I was shocked. Great use of character, anyone who can turn into a dragon automatically pwns
A shame you can't actually use that form in the game, save Ogam's "ultimate magic" which requires a lot of preparation so can't be used in short battles.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 00:11   Link #1191
Mangaka-chan

God this episode had some awesome animation! And I must say, Ogam looked great, in more ways than one. XD

Spoiler for epi 16:
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 03:30   Link #1192
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
She rallied the troops but what the heck is headed there way???
My first thought was a golem, though i don't think that's something they'd be able to get. It's probably something we've never seen in this series before.
Old 2009-07-22, 08:49   Link #1193
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
I just wish her voice isn't so cheery all the time, it makes it hard for me to take her seriously as a leader.
I have a problem with Riannon's voice as well. Although I like the character a lot, her voice is the most annoying one of the major characters to me. Her pitch and inflections are almost as annoying as nails on a chalkboard. Well, maybe not quite that bad, but her voice does detract from her overall presentation.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 09:00   Link #1194
sikvod00

^ I sort of used to feel that way about the VA before I watched Hidamari Sketch; now I love the VA's pitch and inflection.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 09:10   Link #1195
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar
Why don't any of you want a bride for Ogam too?
There is no girl in the series that could handle Ogam's GREATNESS
Now everyone can see why some of us gameplayers found Sinestra's above response a bit funny/ironic back on page 33 . It's like he kinda predicted Ogam's true nature around episode 8 already .
Old 2009-07-22, 11:16   Link #1196
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Ogam for the win. I love the moon story and how everything fits together, nice touch.
Old 2009-07-22, 11:23   Link #1197
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
^ I sort of used to feel that way about the VA before I watched Hidamari Sketch; now I love the VA's pitch and inflection.
When I watched S.A., I reached the point where I didn't mind Yuko Goto's voice (as long as she wasn't singing). But whereas I reached that point by this time in S.A.'s run, I have yet to reach that point with TtT.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 12:39   Link #1198
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
When I watched S.A., I reached the point where I didn't mind Yuko Goto's voice (as long as she wasn't singing). But whereas I reached that point by this time in S.A.'s run, I have yet to reach that point with TtT.
I think it's because Yuko Goto doesn't really go with the setting of this show, where it's completely different in shows like S.A. or Hidamari Sketch.

For the record i don't mind her voice in this, though i can see where you people are coming from.
Old 2009-07-22, 16:41   Link #1199
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Finally Ogan showed the epic awsomeness that was lurking inside of him. I was so waiting for this moment ever since it was hinted what he truly was. Though magic users routinely use fire in their spells their was something about Ogams magic that seemed truly GAR inspiring and also his knowledge and the OP with the dragons . I however thought i was putting too much thought into it and said i was wrong well this episode proved it. Ogam is going to kick that Golem's ass as bad as Gadolf whooped the Balrog's ass.

Well known Arthur seems to have found what he was lacking. I must admit the animation quality during his throat slashing, belly gorging body part hacking bloody kill fest was impressive. Some of the camera angles they used to show his killing blows were stunning i was really impressed and they spared no blood i mean there was a lot of blood squirting around.

The Gales have a done a great job holding off the empire. If i remember correctly. Its usually harder to lay siege to a castle than to be sieged given certain circumstances. I was surprised to hear that Riannon's leadership is 2nd only to Arthur's. But then again she is a high priestess of the tribe my problem is not with her assuming a leadership role because someone has to during the vacume its her damn voice it just doesnt work and it has always bothered me but she was never in a position where a strong voice was needed to motivate troops it just didnt work for me.

Leave it Morgan to mess up a perfectly good plan LOL but i think she is starting to rub off on Octavia. "female warriors Octavia and Morgan coming through" REALLY i could help but to laugh.

What put me on the floor was the Rathie missile throw. OMFG not only did it work but the look in Rathie's eyes was priceless. I would have been pissed as hell at least give a damn warning before you throw my ass over a wall straight down into a heard of enemy troops.

Im not sure what the empire is bringing to the front but it cant be good. Either it is a very special siege tower (which i doubt that would be boring) or something like Golem or another dark magic project they have been working on.
Old 2009-07-23, 01:28   Link #1200
klare

eps 16 has to be the best in this series, even Rionnon surprised me with her capablity

i wonder is it due to Arawn on sick leave and others have a chance to shine
klare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquaplus, eroge, fantasy, leaf, rpg, seinen, white fox