AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-07-23, 20:12   Link #901
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiaxZatch View Post
I meant that I don't want to watch her death episode again lol. Too sad for me =/
Ah, I see. Well trust me, I sympathize with you. I find it very difficult to watch her death scene, but it's the scene I remember the most. Anyway, if there's any questions you have about her or Code Geass don't hesitate to ask.

*sigh* I wonder what's got everyone so worked up over at 2chan. Something ZR DVD and Shirley-related I hear.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 22:01   Link #902
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
*sigh* I wonder what's got everyone so worked up over at 2chan. Something ZR DVD and Shirley-related I hear.
well, I hope we'll all know for sure what their narrations are, but I might have found out a vague bit of what Shirley's is about(part of it, at least).

Please dont take this as a fact, Im not even sure if its right, I was just searching blogs to see if anyone had any updates on it, and I found one that, really briefly, mentioned Rolo's and Shirley's narrations. Shirley, apparently, talks about the day she met Lelouch. But, other than that, I have nothing. Im sorry if it ends up being wrong, just thought I'd put it out, just in case.

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!

Last edited by ginran; 2009-07-24 at 22:20.
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 23:43   Link #903
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
well, I hope we'll all know for sure what their narrations are, but I might have found out a vague bit of what Shirley's is about(part of it, at least).

Please dont take this as a fact, Im not even sure if its right, I was just searching blogs to see if anyone had any updates on it, and I found one that, really briefly, mentioned Rolo's and Shirley's narrations. Shirley, apparently, talks about the day she met Lelouch. But, other than that, I have nothing. Im sorry if it ends up being wrong, just thought I'd put it out, just in case.
Ha ha, don't worry ginran. I think we're all gonna be sure not to get our hopes up until we get a confirmed translation. Well, if that information does turn out to be true it could be quite interesting. Hmm, the day Shirley met Lelouch. I wonder what that was like. I know it wasn't love at first sight, but still.
Old 2009-07-25, 00:24   Link #904
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Well, i want to see that too, specially because it looked like he did not gave the best impression on her, since she thought he was just a lazy and unsympathetic guy(well, with the way Lelouch acted in the school, it's no surprise).

I hope that she will tell more about the year between the 2 temps and what she thought when she was ungeassed by Jeremiah, i'm sure there's plenty of nice stuff for her to talk.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 00:31   Link #905
ginran
~Smile~

Im really curious now though~ I wonder when translations will start showing up?

I also heard that Lelouch mentions both Shirley and Rolo in his narration. Also, idk if this has been said here already, but the reason Shirley and Rolo were picked to do narrations along with CC and Lelouch was stated in an interview. It is because "their deaths were the most important triggers of Lelouch's actions."

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 00:40   Link #906
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Well, since the dvd was released yesterday, i guess any time now. The rip probably is already on the net, so it's just a matter of time to one translator to get the version and translate it.
Old 2009-07-25, 00:44   Link #907
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Well, i want to see that too, specially because it looked like he did not gave the best impression on her, since she thought he was just a lazy and unsympathetic guy(well, with the way Lelouch acted in the school, it's no surprise).

I hope that she will tell more about the year between the 2 temps and what she thought when she was ungeassed by Jeremiah, i'm sure there's plenty of nice stuff for her to talk.
Well we're talking about their first meeting, so I'm wondering if Shirley immediately detested Lelouch's behavior or if she just started to detest it over time. Was it ever stated anywhere? And yeah, I'm sure there's a lot she could talk about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
Im really curious now though~ I wonder when translations will start showing up?

I also heard that Lelouch mentions both Shirley and Rolo in his narration. Also, idk if this has been said here already, but the reason Shirley and Rolo were picked to do narrations along with CC and Lelouch was stated in an interview. It is because "their deaths were the most important triggers of Lelouch's actions."
Hopefully translations should crop up within the next few days. The release date is the 27th, so something should probably come out before then.

And yes, I remember hearing about it. I think it certainly does say a lot about Shirley's importance to Lelouch But I wonder exactly to what lenght it influenced his actions. Was it just for the Geass Cult massacre or could it may have influenced him in some of his later actions?

EDIT: @Kid: The DVD was released yesterday? Huh, I didn't think it was till Monday.
Old 2009-07-25, 00:51   Link #908
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Well we're talking about their first meeting, so I'm wondering if Shirley immediately detested Lelouch's behavior or if she just started to detest it over time. Was it ever stated anywhere? And yeah, I'm sure there's a lot she could talk about.
It wasn't stated, but my opinion about it (maybe in a couple of hours i will be proven wrong,) is that Shirley didn't like to meet Lelouch. It's her nature to try to be friends with anybody, i'm sure she tried the same with him, not accomplishing anything, thanks to his behaviour, and that's a helluva way to make some girl not like you. Besides, if it was a nice first meeting, Lelouch should've made some really bad to make her disliking him, even if he was lazy and stuff, so i guess he didn't made the best first impression on her, but who knows? Only the japanese that already got the dvd, hehe.

And yeah, i checked on cdjapan.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BCXA-180

In fact, mine was already shipped. In four days it will probably be here with me. I'll show you some nice pics of it, Nobby.
Old 2009-07-25, 01:03   Link #909
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
It wasn't stated, but my opinion about it (maybe in a couple of hours i will be proven wrong,) is that Shirley didn't like to meet Lelouch. It's her nature to try to be friends with anybody, i'm sure she tried the same with him, not accomplishing anything, thanks to his behaviour, and that's a helluva way to make some girl not like you. Besides, if it was a nice first meeting, Lelouch should've made some really bad to make her disliking him, even if he was lazy and stuff, so i guess he didn't made the best first impression on her, but who knows? Only the japanese that already got the dvd, hehe.

And yeah, i checked on cdjapan.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BCXA-180

In fact, mine was already shipped. In four days it will probably be here with me. I'll show you some nice pics of it, Nobby.
Hmm, I dunno. First impressions are very important, and if Lelouch had really given off a bad first impressions it would've been very hard for her to come to like him. The way I imagine it is that Lelouch was probably introduced to the whole student council or...oh wait, was Shirley an SC member first or was Lelouch? Good question But anyway, I imagine it would be more of a group meeting in any case and I can't imagine what Lelouch would do to make a bad impression on her. It's my personal opinion/speculation that Shirley grew to detest his habits overtime (and started to like him) but like you said, I guess we can never know for sure unless something official is stated.

Ha ha, excellent. I look forward to seeing some pics
Old 2009-07-25, 01:17   Link #910
masterkitfisto
king of the black otaku!

Then again her (Shirley,s) end was sudden and shocking on my opinion....
masterkitfisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 01:23   Link #911
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
sheirly's death was the point where lelouch went from seeing geass as a powerful gift
to seeing it as a sin and a curse
thats why he tried wiping it out at the source
Old 2009-07-25, 01:23   Link #912
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkitfisto View Post
Then again her (Shirley,s) end was sudden and shocking on my opinion....
Not that I don't agree with you, but what does that have to do with what we're talking about? Or are you just mentioning it?

@blade: And if that's really all that Shirley's death served to accomplish then......well, I just think that's a total waste.
Old 2009-07-25, 01:29   Link #913
TiaxZatch

Quote:

@blade: And if that's really all that Shirley's death served to accomplish then......well, I just think that's a total waste.
Yeah I think her death was made for him to starting hating Geass which I guess in turn ultimately helped in the Black Knights betraying Lelouch.
TiaxZatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 01:31   Link #914
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

it wasnt ALL that it did
but its the one biggest change that this brought to his character
obviously losing someone he loved has other effects on him as a person (it ended his ashford life completely)
but thats the greatest effect her death has on his character and world view

@TiaxZatch
him hating geass was not the cause of the OOBK turning on him
nor was the massacre
the combined weight of all the shit he pulled over the 40 something eps was the cause of that
Old 2009-07-25, 01:41   Link #915
TiaxZatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post

@TiaxZatch
him hating geass was not the cause of the OOBK turning on him
nor was the massacre
the combined weight of all the shit he pulled over the 40 something eps was the cause of that
Not directly. If Shirley didn't die then likely instead of a massacre he would have captured the Geass test subjects. Then Shōgo wouldn't have bitched about that to Tohdoh and such.
As you said it's the combined shit he did with his Geass that was the reason for the Black Knights betraying him. But her death lead to an event that goes into "that shit he did."
Just my opinion.
TiaxZatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 01:48   Link #916
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

that massacre was FAR from the cause
in fact with the exception of toudo, no one even knows about it
its the combined shit of ALL that he did (geass or not) that included murdering the leader of the JLF, the massacre in the SAZ (which he blamed on euphie) and generally lying to them since day one

sheirly got stuffed in the fridge, there is not doubt about that part
but her death was done in order to trigger both lelouch and suzaku down a path that would lead to ep 17
Old 2009-07-25, 01:51   Link #917
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
it wasnt ALL that it did
but its the one biggest change that this brought to his character
obviously losing someone he loved has other effects on him as a person (it ended his ashford life completely)
but thats the greatest effect her death has on his character and world view
Perhaps. As ginran stated earlier, according a certain source, her's and Rolo's deaths were what impacted Lelouch's actions the most, so I have to think there's something more to it. The thing about the "hating Geass" thing is that I'm really not seeing very much of it after the massacre. I don't see him slowing down his geass usage, openly despising it, or trying to destroy it any further. If that really is the biggest impact Shirley's death had on him then...well, honestly I gotta say that that's not a hell of a lot.
Old 2009-07-25, 01:52   Link #918
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Perhaps. As ginran stated earlier, according a certain source, her's and Rolo's deaths were what impacted Lelouch's actions the most, so I have to think there's something more to it. The thing about the "hating Geass" thing is that I'm really not seeing very much of it after the massacre. I don't see him slowing down his geass usage, openly despising it, or trying to destroy it any further. If that really is the biggest impact Shirley's death had on him then...well, honestly I gotta say that that's not a hell of a lot.
it impacted both him and suzaku
which led to ep 17
Old 2009-07-25, 02:00   Link #919
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
it impacted both him and suzaku
which led to ep 17
Yeah sorry. I didn't see your response until after I posted it.

But that one line you used, the "stuffed in the fridge" line. I wasn't familiar with it, so I looked it up, and I must say that that is a perfect description of the situation. Thank you for that.

Now as for Shirley's death leading up to ep 17, I'm not sure how much I buy that. I mean, Lelouch and Suzaku have always had an unsteady relationship and these little meetings between them are inevitable. The whole point of that meeting wasn't even about Shirley, it was Lelouch asking Suzaku to protect Nunnally. There's tons of shit that Suzaku is mad at Lelouch for (Euphemia not least of which) And as I said before, Lelouch initiated the meeting because he wanted Nunnally to be safe and the idea of asking Suzaku came to him because of something C.C. said.
Old 2009-07-25, 02:07   Link #920
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

lelouch
losing shierly leads him to the cult massacre
leads to
1)losing C.C
2)the emperor learning he's back
following the emperor rick rolling him he starts to panic, and ChiChi tells him that the only people he can trust are his friends
at that point, he turns to suzaku in desperation

suzaku
shierly's last words to him about "nothing is unforgivable" dont make an impact until later
but her death, leads him to do everything he can to learn lelouch's secret
this leads to
1)suzaku learning that lelouch got his memories back from the school intelligence office
2)that whole refrain fiasco with kallen
the bit with kallen however also gets him to see just how far he'd fallen
which leads him to a situation where even after he LEARNS about lelouch, he's no longer sure about what to do about it
he's no longer sure of himself and his hate as he was before
which leads to a point where lelouch asks for his help, and rather then telling him to fuck off, he's willing to hear him out

the meeting wasnt ABOUT sheirly, but her death led both suzaku and lelouch to that point