Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler for 2:
Spoiler for Ep2:
Old 2011-10-09, 10:28   Link #723
ookamigirl

Episode 1

So, Detective Trap got serialized & now they are in a whole new world of more serious manga work.
Getting assistants too, nice ^^
The New Year's party was pretty interesting.
Niizuma was wacky as ever, but Hiramaru is every weirder than him ^^'

Episode 2

Working hard.
Azuki having dilemmas about her job.
Miho crisis successfully averted ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 12:30   Link #724
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Enjoyed the ed and op songs.

Looks like we'll see Iwase from S1 confonting Takagi.

Episode 2, finally we get some decent development with AzukiXMashiro.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 17:39   Link #725
kitten320

Quote:
Spoiler for 2:
Those are 2 different situations. Takagi was having an author block and couldn't come up with anything so changing an environment was a very good idea. Besides it was thanks to Miyoshi that he came up with the story to start with.

In Mashiro's case he doesn't need any change of environment to get his work going, it will only ruin things especially since it was a first chapter. If you ruin the begining there might be no future.

To top it Mashiro and Azuki had themselves made this dumb promise of not seeing each other until their dreams come true. No one forced them to be apart, it was their desicion alone.

However, I can't really be angry with him this time. It is quiet admirable for him to put Azuki above his work/future. Not a lot of people do it so I give him plus points.

The one who irritated me a bit was Azuki... I didn't really get her problem. At first I thought that she had to take naked photos when she sent that e-mail. It that was the case, I would fully understand her. But no! Those were just swimsuit shots! What's wrong in taking pics in swimmsuit? Mashiro's logic was also off, if they are to go to the beach everyone will see her in swimmsuit anyway =/
So yeh, I totally couldn't get the whole issue here.She made an elephant out of mouse.
Old 2011-10-10, 21:18   Link #726
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

New Page 1: Silence and New Year's Party

Yep, the gang is back doing what they do the best: MANGA

Ok. To keep the long story short:

1. Lots of anxiety and uncertainty is played upon Takagi and Mashiro being told by Hattori that this time Miura's handling as editor the serialization for Detective Trap; we still do not know if Miura will keep their boat afloat or sink it.

2. Hiramaru just yells on me to Kurosaki Ichigo given that the character in Bakuman shares the same voice actor as to the character in BLEACH.

3. Mashirito provides a piece of advice taken from a film's quote, which Mashiro is the only who takes it seriously, lol.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 22:41   Link #727
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Those are 2 different situations. Takagi was having an author block and couldn't come up with anything so changing an environment was a very good idea. Besides it was thanks to Miyoshi that he came up with the story to start with.

In Mashiro's case he doesn't need any change of environment to get his work going, it will only ruin things especially since it was a first chapter. If you ruin the begining there might be no future.

To top it Mashiro and Azuki had themselves made this dumb promise of not seeing each other until their dreams come true. No one forced them to be apart, it was their desicion alone.

However, I can't really be angry with him this time. It is quiet admirable for him to put Azuki above his work/future. Not a lot of people do it so I give him plus points.
I don't know about admirable, but it was predictable. The only reason he's doing manga right now is that Takagi leveraged his love for Azuki against him.

Quote:
The one who irritated me a bit was Azuki... I didn't really get her problem. At first I thought that she had to take naked photos when she sent that e-mail. It that was the case, I would fully understand her. But no! Those were just swimsuit shots! What's wrong in taking pics in swimmsuit? Mashiro's logic was also off, if they are to go to the beach everyone will see her in swimmsuit anyway =/
So yeh, I totally couldn't get the whole issue here.She made an elephant out of mouse.
1. Swimsuit pics are a slippery slope.
2. She wants to be a voice actress. Not a gravure idol who does voice acting the way celebrities do singing or appear on reality show to cook or whatever.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 20:00   Link #728
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 3:
Old 2011-10-15, 20:03   Link #729
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for 3:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 11:16   Link #730
ookamigirl

So the first chapter came out and got good results but guess the guys were expecting more. Things for Nakai weren't going well, but he sure was stubborn.
It was an ok episode, kinda expected a bit more..

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-10-17, 01:45   Link #731
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well they got hit hard by that second chapter early result. 8th isn't as bad a drop as the comparable, but damn that's rough. If they keep plummeting like that it's not going to be good news. Still they can bounce back. Sadly that negativity turned out to be accurate. They really don't have time to be worrying about anyone else. Have to keep battling to get their ranking back up. 8th isn't terrible, but can't keep falling either.

Nice bits with the Nakai and Aoki pair. No surprise she was pretty stubborn about the whole thing. Admitting the art wasn't to blame would mean looking at her own story. Have to keep pushing forward without running away. Of course Nakai showed what he was made of by going that far. In the end the team is stronger and he only got more motivated to bring Aoki's story to life. Still did love her totally shooting him down after his reaction to initially being invited inside .
Old 2011-10-18, 17:19   Link #732
kitten320

I really liked this episode, probably my fave so far out of all including 1st season. It is nice to see series focus on someone else and not just on the gang. and to top it we were finally able to see Aoki's real colours, she is not as cold hearted as she tries to be and actually has a soft and shy side.
Old 2011-10-22, 18:51   Link #733
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

I really hope their manga turns out good. But based on Niizuma's word I bet it will.

BTW we got some great character development from Muira
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 19:58   Link #734
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh man from 3rd to 8th to now 9th. Miura showed his inexperience and even Hattori was upset at him being happy with 9th. Though things seemed to work out at the end i still have doubts that he's a good editor, maybe its just his inexperience. Loled at him asking other editors for advice. Let's hope they can get better. Its going to be tough with now Nakai and Fukuda getting serialized.
Old 2011-10-22, 23:46   Link #735
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I have my doubts about Miura too, though at least he eventually came to the right conclusion even if it took Mashiro (because of Niizuma's words) to explain it so it made sense.

It's very true that "Trap" - and even more so "Hideout Door" - are not your typical SJ series, and it makes perfect sense that it would take time and word of mouth for them to build their audience. The question is, will the senior editors have enough patience? I suspect Bakuman, Death Note and Hikaru no Go took some time building their audience too, because they're also atypical SJ series.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 07:31   Link #736
ookamigirl

Well, it was a good episode.
Even though those two got serialized, they are a long way from being in the safe zone.
Seems like they are working even harder & worrying even more than before.
They sure have to step up if they wanna stay on top of things and stay competitive.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-10-23, 14:33   Link #737
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
I have my doubts about Miura too, though at least he eventually came to the right conclusion even if it took Mashiro (because of Niizuma's words) to explain it so it made sense.

It's very true that "Trap" - and even more so "Hideout Door" - are not your typical SJ series, and it makes perfect sense that it would take time and word of mouth for them to build their audience. The question is, will the senior editors have enough patience? I suspect Bakuman, Death Note and Hikaru no Go took some time building their audience too, because they're also atypical SJ series.
I also agree that Trap will take time to get popular because it's a mystery manga. In the first few chapters they introduce characters and find clues and stuff which doesn't cause much excitement and stuff unlike the battle manga where almost every chapter is exciting. Trap shines at the end of an arc/conclusion of the mystery, where everything comes together to solve the problem. Getting ranked 3 (1st chapter), 8th (2nd chapter), and 9th (3rd chapter). I think they took the right path in leaving the manga as is, because changing the manga at chapter 7 will be risky because they don't know the results of chapter 4-6.
Old 2011-10-25, 14:41   Link #738
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

New Page 2: Anthologies and Photo Books

Mashiro found another soul mate who takes manga to a passion in the likes of Takahama.

It's a nice scene watching to people, who enjoy sharing the same interests, talking comfortably about their aspirations and dreams, because it makes job not only pleasant but very cherishing to enjoy.

Now, the highlight of the episode focused on a troubled Miho at a crossroads, struggling between her career as a voice actress over her personal feelings towards Mashiro.

At her age, it was natural for Miho to be confused and frightened, because even if that Photo Book offer would have provided a boost on her seiyuu career the integrity of all her feelings and how would Mashiro have taken it once learning that she would have gone all the way with the photobook likely could have been compromised.

Cutting off communication and not replying Mashiro's message made it worse to the point that Mashiro was willing to go see her all the way to her home, compromising the manuscript for the serialization.

Friends are important, and Takagi intervened to put reality sense on Miho through the phone. Nevertheless, it was Mashiros' feelings declaring to Miho through the phone that he'll love to see her photobook only for himself and would feel angry if anyone else see her photobook.
This was the turning point for Miho to stir her emotional confusion and grasp the courage to turn the offer politely. Thankfully, another audition offer became immediately availalbe at her company for her to take and so no damage was done to her career path.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 18:21   Link #739
kitten320

I'm glad that they kept things as they are because as Mashiro said, Takagi was getting desperate and desperation barely ever leads to good conclusion.
Old 2011-10-28, 01:19   Link #740
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Agree it would have been bad to just change their thinking about chapter 7. Have to see how the audience reacts to the wrap up of the mystery they are getting into. If things go great in the next few chapters and they've suddenly changed everything up they could lose what fans they are building there. Fail or succeed they can't just panic and change everything now. If it doesn't work out then at least it wasn't because they did something stupid.

Miura is a tough one for the duo to have to deal with. He's pretty much where they are being new to this kind of thing. Definitely a step back after Hattori, but they have to endure his growing pains as much as their own.

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen