AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-16, 16:17   Link #361
Kyuu
=^^=

Hmm. OK. I see 18-teams lined up in that nationals image.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prefect...of_prefectures

9 regionals. So, shouldn't there have been 2 winners from each of the prefectural tournaments?

And Achiga is right there in the middle in Nara. If I remember correctly, didn't Teru's team come out of the Kansai region? (EDIT: NVM, I checked Wiki). XD

Where would season 1 be? After watching season 1 at least 30 times -- that's one little detail I never did catch. LOL. I may have to watch season 1 again (not that I mind).

(EDIT: NVM, I checked Wiki). XD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Saki_characters
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 16:35   Link #362
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Hmm. OK. I see 18-teams lined up in that nationals image.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prefect...of_prefectures

9 regionals. So, shouldn't there have been 2 winners from each of the prefectural tournaments?

And Achiga is right there in the middle in Nara. If I remember correctly, didn't Teru's team come out of the Kansai region? (EDIT: NVM, I checked Wiki). XD

Where would season 1 be? After watching season 1 at least 30 times -- that's one little detail I never did catch. LOL. I may have to watch season 1 again (not that I mind).

(EDIT: NVM, I checked Wiki). XD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Saki_characters
From your link, there are 47 prefectures in Japan. Each prefecture sends one winner, so there will be at least 47 teams at Nationals.

We know of two prefectural champions and those are Kiyosumi (Nagano) and Shiraitodai (West Tokyo). The others were not listed in the original series. That's all that could be said for Nationals.

This discussion should wait until another season of the main series though. We're not even at the prefectural tournament yet in Achiga. The first series took 10 episodes to finish the final round. It could take that long for this series too.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 16:54   Link #363
chaos_animagic

Everytime I see Yuu Matsumi...

I get the urge to poke her... Why?

Edit:
Yea, Saki and Achiga is pretty much happening side by side (during the Inter High)

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2012-04-16 at 17:06.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 17:02   Link #364
Kyuu
=^^=

Yea, well. I'm just trying to get some sense of better connection between Achiga and season 1 - along with getting a better sense of who is from where.

Since season 1 focused on just one prefecture - with clips involving a couple hours -- my thought process with Saki had been encapsulated to just that one prefecture.

Right now, I am assuming the impending prefectural competition within Nara (primarily so far between Achiga vs Bansei) as a competition in parallel with the season 1 competition. In other words, right now, I am presuming the two are concurrent, based on the Achiga girls composed of mostly 1st years chasing after Nodoka after seeing her win the middle school tournament.

Having not read any manga pertaining to Saki - just looking to get all that straight proceeding forward with this Achiga season. Else, I'll twist my brain all over again like when I first encountered the 1-yaku minimum or furiten.
Old 2012-04-16, 21:35   Link #365
Sol Falling

The interhigh Mahjong tournaments in Saki at the national level is a competition between 52 schools--48 normal schools, and 4 seeded ones. Although Japan has 47 prefectures, the distribution of schools amongst them isn't perfectly even, so roughly the 5 biggest prefectures (Tokyo, Kanagawa, Aichi, Osaka, and Hokkaido) are split into two areas to balance things out. Shiraitodai (Teru's school), for example, comes from "West Tokyo".

Kiyosumi (Saki et al.) come from Nagano, and Achiga is in Nara. Both of those areas are single-school prefectures.

The prefectural preliminaries take place in every prefecture concurrently at the end of spring. The yearly National competitions then take place and conclude by late summer. There's also a yearly national fall tournament, within which graduating third year students of each year generally do not participate.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 21:50   Link #366
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Yea, well. I'm just trying to get some sense of better connection between Achiga and season 1 - along with getting a better sense of who is from where.

Since season 1 focused on just one prefecture - with clips involving a couple hours -- my thought process with Saki had been encapsulated to just that one prefecture.

Right now, I am assuming the impending prefectural competition within Nara (primarily so far between Achiga vs Bansei) as a competition in parallel with the season 1 competition. In other words, right now, I am presuming the two are concurrent, based on the Achiga girls composed of mostly 1st years chasing after Nodoka after seeing her win the middle school tournament.

Having not read any manga pertaining to Saki - just looking to get all that straight proceeding forward with this Achiga season. Else, I'll twist my brain all over again like when I first encountered the 1-yaku minimum or furiten.
I think it is like 2 rail lines join together at first.(Meaning the routes are parallel like you said.) So i agree to you that they are, in fact, parallel. But it is in another region.

Now back on to episode 2,
Spoiler for episode 2:

Though seriously, no special abilities like the Saki one?
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 22:07   Link #367
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
I think it is like 2 rail lines join together at first.(Meaning the routes are parallel like you said.) So i agree to you that they are, in fact, parallel. But it is in another region.

Spoiler for episode 2:

If you look at the ending we see Shizuno has smoke coming from her nose to scare people, Arata throws mahjongs, and Kuro's 7 glowing mahjongs burns the rest of her mahjongs catching on fire summoning the eternal dragon. They can also ride on mahjongs like flying nimbus.
Old 2012-04-16, 22:13   Link #368
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
If you look at the ending we see Shizuno has smoke coming from her nose to scare people, Arata throws mahjongs, and Kuro's 7 glowing mahjongs burns the rest of her mahjongs catching on fire summoning the eternal dragon. They can also ride on mahjongs like flying nimbus.
To clarify, Shizuno drew the "North" position, but was seated at "South." Ako came over and said "North's over there!" Shizuno wanted to stay where she was at, and Ako got mad. No super powers there.

Arata is the daughter of a bowling shop owner, so she dons her bowling gloves and gets into a "Bowling pose" (Text behind her) and throws the tile which explodes onto the table. Yuu loves the warmth ("So warm..."). Possible bowling superpower? Yuu again has something to do with cold/warm.

Then we get to Kuro. As they play along, Kuro draws a few dora, but when Ako kans and flips over another dora, her hand suddenly has a surplus of dora, which catch on fire and summon a "doragon." But we knew about her power previously.

There's your summary of the ED and possible powers.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 22:16   Link #369
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
To clarify, Shizuno drew the "North" position, but was seated at "South." Ako came over and said "North's over there!" Shizuno wanted to stay where she was at, and Ako got mad. No super powers there.

Arata is the daughter of a bowling shop owner, so she dons her bowling gloves and gets into a "Bowling pose" (Text behind her) and throws the tile which explodes onto the table. Yuu loves the warmth ("So warm..."). Possible bowling superpower? Yuu again has something to do with cold/warm.

Then we get to Kuro. As they play along, Kuro draws a few dora, but when Ako kans and flips over another dora, her hand suddenly has a surplus of dora, which catch on fire and summon a "doragon." But we knew about her power previously.

woah didn't know that. Makes sense.
Old 2012-04-17, 01:44   Link #370
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post

Oh yeah i forgot that Kuro's ability is Dora catcher O_O. I remember got 1 time where i tio 13 doras in the mahjong touhou games.(No abilities, even if have, the ability is weak as hell.)
Maybe Shizuno will awaken and got a new ability O_O.
Old 2012-04-17, 11:49   Link #371
King-Slayer

Quote:

In the first episode we saw that Kuro's ability is to collect all the dora or all the dora come to her. So thats one so far.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 13:58   Link #372
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
In the first episode we saw that Kuro's ability is to collect all the dora or all the dora come to her. So thats one so far.
I call it: "Dora Magnet". Dora bombs... they's so scary.
Old 2012-04-17, 22:06   Link #373
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Just so many time skips and some crazy weather this is going way to fast and Yuu she just so cute
Old 2012-04-17, 22:59   Link #374
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Did anyone else notice younger versions of Sukoya and Kouko in the OP? (These are the announcers for Nationals in the main Saki story). Judging from their appearance in the OP, I'm guessing they'll do the announcing in this anime as well.

Oh, and Sukoya's game from her Pro days was broadcast during EP 1.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 23:45   Link #375
chaos_animagic

Actually... the pace and the "time skips"... were actually in the Manga.

In fact... the Anime actually stretched out certain scenes as to make it last longer (so it doesn't just finish really really quickly... more quickly than what you're look at right now)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 13:07   Link #376
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Wow. Excellent.

It continues to be very faithful to the manga and to the overall feel of the Saki anime. Nothing but thumbs up from me. Great stuff.

Next ep should be the locals match when they face up against Bandai. Hmm ... I am curious how they will adapt that material, which moves by very quickly in the manga.
Old 2012-04-19, 17:52   Link #377
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 2:
Actually it does imply noobness, or at least when you get blisters after such an extensive playing, it just means you still haven't played all that much. Similar to how every fighting game pros' fingers used to have blisters in their early times, which later hardens as they play more. Or a budding marathon athlete with their feet. It's a common phenomenon.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to what absurd games this can throw at me. Dora magnet is already absurd enough, but since it came first there will be even more monstrous players out there lol. Maybe someone who can consecutively draw one of the three (Heaven, Earth, and Man) hands.
Old 2012-04-20, 08:00   Link #378
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Actually it does imply noobness, or at least when you get blisters after such an extensive playing, it just means you still haven't played all that much. Similar to how every fighting game pros' fingers used to have blisters in their early times, which later hardens as they play more. Or a budding marathon athlete with their feet. It's a common phenomenon.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to what absurd games this can throw at me. Dora magnet is already absurd enough, but since it came first there will be even more monstrous players out there lol. Maybe someone who can consecutively draw one of the three (Heaven, Earth, and Man) hands.
i hope it is not First draw win that kind of thing =.=...(That is scary already...)
Old 2012-04-20, 08:49   Link #379
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Maybe someone who can consecutively draw one of the three (Heaven, Earth, and Man) hands.
Anyone who can do that on a consistent basis -- I dub them as "cheaters".

Here's an instructional video on some cheating:

Old 2012-04-20, 09:32   Link #380
Marina2

Quote:
If there is someone who can do that, she must have some limitations/rules bonded with her ability or else it would be too overpower.

Maybe...those limitations/rules are:
- The chance to draw those hands is about 15-20% (That's pretty high already, I think)
- Can't do it continually OR If she win with those hands (by her ability), she can't win for 2-4 rounds.

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-04-20 at 10:54.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri