AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-21, 14:49   Link #2361
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
It's almost impossible if one is cutting from down to top, unless one is stronger than Terminator and Hulk combined
You're not making sense; A complete down to top slice isn't cutting the torso, it's the whole body. I was just talking about slicing the torso in half with a horizontal slash.

The Hulk and Terminator aren't good examples, as the Hulk's strength is limitless

Quote:
Even "horizontal" cuts are in fact diagonal, with strike starting from top.
Um, how? That doesn't make any sense

It's coming from the sides. If it was from top to bottom or backwards, it's vertical, not horizontal.

Quote:
only strikes from top have enough strenght to cut somebody
Then how do you explain how he cut off it's arm from the bottom up, or it's legs from the left to right slash?

Quote:
Claymore warriors may cut yomas as they want, cause they aren't human, and so their strenght is also inhuman.
And Raki? If we are too assume he really is the "Captain America" of Claymore - the peak human beings can reach without being considered "humans", what would you say to that?

It's hard to gauge just how much physical strength Raki has, but judging from that one battle alone, he's far up there. I think you're weighing too much into what's "inhuman". This battle alone shows that a human has the strength to sever body parts, even if Raki isn't a peak human being.

Quote:
In actual combat "cutting someone in half" rarerly happened. There is no need to cut someone in half to kill him; strikes which are strong enought to do it, ale also slower than other strikes. Not to mention that to cut someone lots of raw strenght is needed as well as a good weapon and technique. If you need to cut someone in half (in yours fanfiction or rpg game) use halberd, scythe or double handed axe.
Let's leave RPG stuff out of this.

Cutting someone has half has happened plenty of times in Claymore; not by humans, but by Claymores. It's the only way to kill Yoma. It's perfectly sensible why he went for such attacks.

In Actual Combat? actual combat has nothing to do with this; it doesn't take severing off a persons head to kill a human being. A Yoma? different story.
Old 2009-07-21, 16:14   Link #2362
Walter
Wielder of paper-claymore

Send a message via MSN to Walter
A sword cuts unarmored body very well. Main reason why medieval warriors werent cut in half all the time is that even simple padded clothing offers significant resistance against cutting.

Observe here - http://thearma.org/Videos/sword_test_cutting.mov
Old 2009-07-21, 16:28   Link #2363
Arturro

@Shiek, too much to explain, choose one manual from that page and read it yourself.

Do not compare cutting a limb, or neck, with cutting a torso. Truthfully cutting a limb is not easy either, it's looks easy only on movies. More flesh to cut means bigger chance for blade to get stuck. Straight blades tends to get stuck not only on bones, but even on clothes.

Old 2009-07-21, 16:40   Link #2364
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
@Shiek, too much to explain, choose one manual from that page and read it yourself.

Do not compare cutting a limb, or neck, with cutting a torso. Truthfully cutting a limb is not easy either, it's looks easy only on movies. More flesh to cut means bigger chance for blade to get stuck. Straight blades tends to get stuck not only on bones, but even on clothes.
Whatever you say Arturro, you just weren't making sense.

I doubt Raki would be given a sword that had a chance of getting stuck . The only time I ever remember a sword being stuck during an attack was with Deneve trying to cut the AB's head, and she managed to do it with Undine's help and that was a head far harder then a human.

The idea of him getting his sword stuck seems silly. Realistically it may be possible, but I don't see such a thing ever happening in the manga.

If he has the strength to cut limbs to what appears effortlessly, I think we can assume it's never gonna happen.
Old 2009-07-21, 16:57   Link #2365
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
There is Clarice too but she is just clumsy.
That's different; she got her sword stuck into things that weren't the enemy , like the wall......or the tree....

But he says that you could get your sword actually stuck into your opponent trying to slice them. Considering Raki's strength, and the idea that he would actually be given a sword that would allow that, I see that as impossible.
Old 2009-07-21, 17:16   Link #2366
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Whatever you say Arturro, you just weren't making sense.

I doubt Raki would be given a sword that had a chance of getting stuck . The only time I ever remember a sword being stuck during an attack was with Deneve trying to cut the AB's head, and she managed to do it with Undine's help and that was a head far harder then a human.

The idea of him getting his sword stuck seems silly. Realistically it may be possible, but I don't see such a thing ever happening in the manga.

If he has the strength to cut limbs to what appears effortlessly, I think we can assume it's never gonna happen.
I'm writting about what is happening in "real" fight. Yagi, unless he is drawing some supernatural fights, tend to represent martial arts as realistical as possible. Cuts from straight blades could be deflected even by thick cloths, and if used by unskilled warrior get stuck easily. You may say "it won't happen in manga", but then all discusion if Raki is a good swordsman or just a thug with sword doesn't makes sense, cause "it's manga reality" replaces any argument.
You may read previous Yagi work - Angel Densetsu - where Yagi intrest in martial arts are easy to spot. It's also a good comedy, and shows how much Yagi drawing skill improved since his first works. One of main heroines looks exactly like Clare, even her character is simmilar .

Old 2009-07-21, 17:23   Link #2367
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Yoma does have a sexual organs - it's hard to rape someone without a penis. Yoma possesing Clares brother has tried to rape her (or even actually raped).

Also that kind of cut were commonly used. When you are fightning with someone in armour it's wise to attack those parts of his body, which are uncovered. Groin is one of those parts. Also any attack in groin is life threatening.
VIZ!

I must have only read the VIZ versions... this is not something I knew about.

I need to find an accurate raw translation of this... Now where to search????

This revelation just adds more depth to Clare's story for me. It really explains why Clare risked everything and attacked Rig who was about to rape Teresa. Thanks!
Old 2009-07-21, 17:47   Link #2368
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
I'm writting about what is happening in "real" fight. Yagi, unless he is drawing some supernatural fights, tend to represent martial arts as realistical as possible. Cuts from straight blades could be deflected even by thick cloths, and if used by unskilled warrior get stuck easily. You may say "it won't happen in manga", but then all discusion if Raki is a good swordsman or just a thug with sword doesn't makes sense, cause "it's manga reality" replaces any argument.
You may read previous Yagi work - Angel Densetsu - where Yagi intrest in martial arts are easy to spot. It's also a good comedy, and shows how much Yagi drawing skill improved since his first works. One of main heroines looks exactly like Clare, even her character is simmilar .
Putting realism and all that aside Arturro, you haven't answered any of my previous points.

We know Raki has enough strength to slice limbs and body parts, and we know he has a sword that's heavy enough to do the job as well as one that won't get stuck. Everything you're saying is contradictea by what we saw.

He's strong enough to slice no matter what the angle or what is realistically possible or easier, and putting aside "actual combat", he went for the head because that's the weakpoint despite such a thing being excessive and unnecessary against real human opponents.

And again, I doubt he would be given a sword that had a chance of getting stuck into anything; the likelihood of that happening goes down even further if we are too assume it's a first-generation sword.

Quote:
I'm writting about what is happening in "real" fight. Yagi, unless he is drawing some supernatural fights, tend to represent martial arts as realistical as possible.
Arturro, he, a human being, is fighting against a superhuman monster. I think that qualifies the fight as supernatural
Old 2009-07-21, 18:09   Link #2369
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter View Post
A sword cuts unarmored body very well. Main reason why medieval warriors werent cut in half all the time is that even simple padded clothing offers significant resistance against cutting.

Observe here - http://thearma.org/Videos/sword_test_cutting.mov
Sweet Video and Case Closed!

Raki could easily chop through the Yoma's torso especially since he was wearing a only a t-shirt.
Old 2009-07-21, 18:36   Link #2370
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Sweet Video and Case Closed!

Raki could easily chop through the Yoma's torso especially since he was wearing a only a t-shirt.
He chopped an arm, both legs, and the upper half of his head.

I don't see what's so difficult about cutting a torso , especially when such the slices we saw don't seem so hard.

Oh well, this discussion is going nowhere
Old 2009-07-21, 21:16   Link #2371
shogun01
Resident Lurker

Quote:
VIZ!
It wasn't just the Viz version that did this. OM is missing the bits as well and that's definitely not the Viz version they have on their site.
Old 2009-07-21, 21:54   Link #2372
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun01 View Post
It wasn't just the Viz version that did this. OM is missing the bits as well and that's definitely not the Viz version they have on their site.
OM is the other site I've been using...
Old 2009-07-22, 17:05   Link #2373
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
VIZ!

This revelation just adds more depth to Clare's story for me. It really explains why Clare risked everything and attacked Rig who was about to rape Teresa. Thanks!
Sometimes it can be good.

For example, this is what we can call good censorship.

Spoiler for discover the differences.:

Last edited by MisterJB; 2009-07-22 at 19:01.
Old 2009-07-22, 17:39   Link #2374
Walter
Wielder of paper-claymore

Send a message via MSN to Walter
LOL - Duff having buttocks is inappropriate?
Old 2009-07-22, 17:49   Link #2375
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter View Post
LOL - Duff having buttocks is inappropriate?
and mind scarring.

A giant robot's ass and a loli doing striptease. It was a damn good chapter.
Old 2009-07-22, 19:16   Link #2376
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

MisterJB......did you do something 0_0

Because the word bubble "What do you think you're doing by yourself" is on this black thing directly below Dauf.....

Point blank, it looks like Dauf took a gigantic crap and now it's saying "What do you think you're doing by yourself".

Edit: Oh never mind, that's his foot

Don't mind me people
Old 2009-07-22, 19:36   Link #2377
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
MisterJB......did you do something 0_0

Because the word bubble "What do you think you're doing by yourself" is on this black thing directly below Dauf.....

Point blank, it looks like Dauf took a gigantic crap and now it's saying "What do you think you're doing by yourself".

Edit: Oh never mind, that's his foot

Don't mind me people
What goes in... ...must come out...

Just don't be down wind...
Old 2009-07-23, 09:35   Link #2378
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Sometimes it can be good.

For example, this is what we can call good censorship.

Spoiler for discover the differences.:
Never noticed that...since I only have RAW and viz versions....but Viz version for thats isn't out yet....lol....i'm thinking of deleting viz version as well...
Old 2009-07-23, 11:56   Link #2379
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonotme_9FedriqSama View Post
Never noticed that...since I only have RAW and viz versions....but Viz version for thats isn't out yet....lol....i'm thinking of deleting viz version as well...
If you find different scanlations, some have edits, some don't.
Old 2009-07-23, 14:16   Link #2380
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

Quote:
If you find different scanlations, some have edits, some don't.
Nah...i'll stick with raws...since I can read them although I don't know all kanjis but I can interpret using my declan dictionary...I learned jap specially for reading mangas and watching anime....
Closed Thread