AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-17, 14:58   Link #1
Yakusoku!

Animes like Clannad?

Clannad is an anime , where Tomoya and Nagisa ( The 2 main characters. Tomoya being the boy , and Nagisa the girl ) actually get married and have a child.

I'm looking for animes which dont end this way :

*name here* and *name here* are finally together.

This is what I want :

The anime has 20 episodes , at episode 10 , *name here* and *name here* get together. And then the remaining 10 episodes being about them. They dont have to get married and have a child. ( Or there are 2 seasons , at season 1 they get together in the end. And at season 2 they continue. )

It has to be romance etc. there has to be some sad moments in it too... [mod edit: spoiler omitted]

Basicly what I want is this :

An romance ( I prefer school life ) anime which doesn't end with the 2 main characters being together. It HAS to continue!

Thanks! : )

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-08-24 at 15:38. Reason: removed spoiler
Old 2010-08-17, 15:13   Link #2
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakusoku! View Post
Clannad is an anime , where Tomoya and Nagisa ( The 2 main characters. Tomoya being the boy , and Nagisa the girl ) actually get married and have a child.

I'm looking for animes which dont end this way :

*name here* and *name here* are finally together.

This is what I want :

The anime has 20 episodes , at episode 10 , *name here* and *name here* get together. And then the remaining 10 episodes being about them. They dont have to get married and have a child. ( Or there are 2 seasons , at season 1 they get together in the end. And at season 2 they continue. )

It has to be romance etc. there has to be some sad moments in it too....in Clannad Nagisa died while giving birth , I actually cried. :'( And also everytime they named Nagisa I cried a little to. : '(

Basicly what I want is this :

An romance ( I prefer school life ) anime which doesn't end with the 2 main characters being together. It HAS to continue!

Thanks! : )
Oh lordy... Thats gonna be a tough one to find, I "was" gonna suggest the other Key Series Kyoto Animation made... Meaning Air TV and Kanon (2009)

But I'll probably have to look further into animes to find the one your looking for.
Old 2010-08-17, 15:16   Link #3
zette

I would recommend Bokura ga Ita. The couple gets together early in the series and the rest is basically about them understanding each other and also the various difficulties they face in their relationship.
Old 2010-08-17, 15:42   Link #4
Animelover#1
Kouta...

zero no tsukaima may fit the bill. halfway through saito establishes his love and they fight the baddies together. by the way, you should spoiler tag the bit about clannad. it could ruin the series for anyone who hasn't watched
Old 2010-08-17, 15:55   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zette View Post
I would recommend Bokura ga Ita. The couple gets together early in the series and the rest is basically about them understanding each other and also the various difficulties they face in their relationship.
Will second Bokura ga Ita. It fit's what the OP is looking for quite well.

There's also NANA which will do the job.
Old 2010-08-17, 19:19   Link #6
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Kare Kano spends a good amount of time on the couple actually being together.
Old 2010-08-18, 02:15   Link #7
Aqua Knight

Angel Beats for sure
Old 2010-08-18, 03:39   Link #8
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
Angel Beats for sure
How does this show fit what the OP is looking for?

Did you only read the title?
Old 2010-08-18, 06:58   Link #9
Aqua Knight

If he liked Clannad there's no way he wouldn't like Angel Beats.

Come on when we ask someone to help to find what we want to watch we dont really get what we want, but Angel Beats is somewhat sad,has some romance in it , is school life.

I hope you get what I mean.
Old 2010-08-18, 07:03   Link #10
zette

Quote:
If he liked Clannad there's no way he wouldn't like Angel Beats.

Come on when we ask someone to help to find what we want to watch we dont really get what we want, but Angel Beats is somewhat sad,has some romance in it , is school life.

I hope you get what I mean.
Read the OP's post: he's looking for an anime "which doesn't end with the 2 main characters being together", but

Spoiler for angel beats:
Old 2010-08-18, 07:03   Link #11
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Come on when we ask someone to help to find what we want to watch we dont really get what we want
Going to have to say you're wrong there. Myself and a few other members have already recommended shows that are just what Yakusoku is looking for. Plus it happens all the time in suggestion threads, so i have no idea where this crazy idea of yours has come from.

All i'm saying is recommending a title like Angel Beats which is nothing like what Yakusoku is looking for isn't the way to go about it. At least say it's nothing like what he/she is looking for, but would still be enjoyed. There's no point in being misleading.
Old 2010-08-18, 08:00   Link #12
Aqua Knight

^

Okay, I guess you're right.

But Angel Beats is somewhat similar to Clannad so after you watch all these recommended series, you can also watch Angel Beats.
It's just my recommendation because I've seen both Clannad and Angel Beats and liked them both and saw considerably enough resemblance to say the title to you, Yakusoku.
Old 2010-08-18, 08:13   Link #13
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm going to say Itazura na Kiss. Probably the closest I've seen to Clannad.
Old 2010-08-18, 10:12   Link #14
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

This is somewhat far away from what you want, but maybe Seto no Hanayome? It's not primarily romance based like the other recommendations here, considering it's primarily comedy.

Basically, the anime revolves around:
1. The arranged marriage between the main couple and the two developing feelings out of it.
2. Comedy involving having mermaids integrate into society.
3. The yakuza.

There's also a harem, and the anime is obviously a harem anime, just to warn you.

Edit: Ah, forgot. There isn't really sad moments in it. Sorry.
Old 2010-08-24, 07:18   Link #15
Yakusoku!

Okay guys , i'm looking for another kind of anime right now , it has to be like this :

Angels VS Demons ( Or something similar ) fight it out on a huge battlefield for *objective here*.

It can have guns , swords , magic , superpowers whatever! Just if it looks good. : )

It has to have HUGE team battles , with team battles I mean 100 VS 100 etc.

It has to have blood. It HAS to!

As for ur suggestions , I liked Itazaru na kiss. I stopped halfway Bokura ga ita bcuz I simple didn't like it.
Old 2010-08-27, 01:47   Link #16
SmileyJetsonxD

Lovely Complex

It seems like Lovely Complex will be perfect for you. It is a story about a tall girl who likes a boy who is much shorter than her. They get together about 3/4 of the story and go through challenges. It is a funny romantic anime and I think it's a must watch. It also gets deep and emotional a couple times so I highly recommend Lovely Complex.
Old 2010-08-28, 13:33   Link #17
Silverwyrm

I'm gonna mentioned already mentioned ones..

Bokura Ga Ita they get together fair early, trials and tribulations of a relationship

Kare Kano Its very old but very good, if you have any interest in manga the manga is longer than the anime

Itazura na Kiss pretty much exactly what your looking for although some people detest the male lead

Lovely Complex relationship is a bit later in, but it is before the end
Old 2010-08-28, 19:38   Link #18
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
in my old age i'm to lazy to read whatever wrote so here are some good ones..
Clannad: Another World, Kyou Chapter
Clannad: Another World, Tomoyo Chapter
Clannad After Story

those are the clannads.. you have prolly seen those.. so here are some you may have not seen..
School Days
Ai Yori Aoshi
Suzuka
Special A

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Closed Thread