AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-04-28, 03:41   Link #30101
Eratas123

The thing is that the school life aspect is abandoned later on and it mostly becomes "The adventures of ___________"
Old 2012-04-28, 03:45   Link #30102
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well that's Lyon's story... the kamen rider crossover will work out better though >.>
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 03:54   Link #30103
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Let me ask then: Do these two get involved in things most of the CC don't or end up becoming agents/whatevers?
So far, Kirin has only seen action against Inami. Other times she's part of class just as students should. She has yet to see combat against Praxidike drones or whatever it is that the CCs have special involvement in.

As I mentioned only thing that's special about her(at this point at least), is that she's the younger sister of Sweden's Cadet and that she owns said Cadet's Personal IS' primary weapon in a form of a sword pendant. Other than that, she's a normal foreign Academy student.

Quote:
The thing is that the school life aspect is abandoned later on and it mostly becomes "The adventures of ___________"
CCs aren't safe from that either.

Had they authors choose to develop the plot more, it would be "The adventures of Ichika and the Class One Gang."

But instead, they stick with harem antics and potential school-life drama went out the window and into the gutter.

Same thing with Athena, it may as well be known as "The Endeavours of Class Three." but it's pretty much called for given the chain of events that has occured. Even then, I try to make sure the OCs don't go angsty and start spending their time MIA from the Academy for their own issues as that will lead to complications... lots of complications.
Old 2012-04-28, 04:17   Link #30104
Eratas123

School drama's rare. I wanna see a fc like that.
Old 2012-04-28, 04:22   Link #30105
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Define school drama?

Who's doing the deed with who?

am I going to pass that physics test?

who needs math?

Is my girlfriend two timing me with my best friend?

How can I make that bully eat his words and shove a few more feet of oakwood up his ***?

that kind of thing?
Old 2012-04-28, 04:23   Link #30106
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Interclass tourney drama, perhaps?

Also, would it be odd to have the students come up with a short video contest? I was watching one of the scene from the Gundam 00 movie where the gundams were practically over-glorified and that idea struck my mind.
Old 2012-04-28, 04:37   Link #30107
Eratas123

Both the ups and downs of school life. Many manga are like this and they're hilarious.
Old 2012-04-28, 04:41   Link #30108
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...school rumble? K-on? Lucky Star? and a whole host of other random highschool anime?
Old 2012-04-28, 04:46   Link #30109
Eratas123

Not really. I meant more like manga that mixes both the drama of a good story with the school segments not being abandoned.
Old 2012-04-28, 04:50   Link #30110
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

It's a challenging balance, I say. Then again, not impossible... Just need to know what kind of plot to use. One that has the least amount of external involvement.
Old 2012-04-28, 04:51   Link #30111
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Would you really like to hear about the exciting events that happen during an algebra class? Or the drama that unfolded during the great campaign of napoleon through the droning of a history teacher?... yeah I don't see that happening.

In fairness, Onizuka made history and english class an interesting class period in anime.
Old 2012-04-28, 04:58   Link #30112
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Well, Demi... It would be a nice break from all the "external organization vs IS" trend.

But my point still stands, it's a challenging balance to achieve. Mostly because, in my opinion, it's hard to not focus on the IS when the story is in place. People would most likely question how one will intergrate god-like exoskeleton machines into random school shenanigans.

An idea I could chip in would be a story of a female OC that works her way up to the position of a Cadet rep, all while tackling expectations, social life and sports.
Old 2012-04-28, 05:10   Link #30113
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The closest idea I had to the school drama were about 3 girls whom I nicknamed Uchigane Girls. They're basically 3 random ISA students who are looking for a way to get personal units.
Old 2012-04-28, 05:13   Link #30114
Eratas123

Zetsubo sensei made it funny
Old 2012-04-28, 05:20   Link #30115
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...When I think about highschool anime I can only imagine that the series should be summed up in one word: Frantic.

I dunno why but the frantic energetic enthusiasm is something I love in highschool series. I rarely see any for deep philosophical thinking teenagers. I think highschoolers are more in-the-moment type of stage of life? More so than anyone else.
Old 2012-04-28, 05:40   Link #30116
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I took a nap for Two hours and everyone talk about school aspect, an element long abandoned by canon in spite of the theme.

TO be honest, it makes the idea as a whole slip past fic writer' mind.
Old 2012-04-28, 05:52   Link #30117
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I don't think it was abandoned... more... pushed to the side and forgotten?
Old 2012-04-28, 05:57   Link #30118
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Same difference... I guess.

Also, asked a question before. Would it be odd if the students held an interclass short-video contest?
Old 2012-04-28, 06:01   Link #30119
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ considering the clusterfuck of hilarity that is I.S.A., nope. So long as it was not interfering with usual school activity.

TLR Stratos has a poll on the most attractive male pilot in the first year, needless to say it's asking for trouble.
Old 2012-04-28, 06:01   Link #30120
Eratas123

Not really. Students in ISA have to take regular classes, too.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest