AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-28, 18:11   Link #2121
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I started a hardcore Demon Hunter and decided to take a peer in the hc auction house.

Wait what? There's like 2 pages of this thing. lol@ 200k buyout.

Spoiler:
Uniques are currently under-powered.

Blizzard said that they plan to buff them in patch 1.3. As in, two patches down. But the stats of existing uniques will not increase, they will only buff new drops. So all the uniques that exist now will stay as curious collectors items, and not really ideal for Inferno.
Old 2012-05-28, 21:34   Link #2122
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Spoiler:

If I could just get a hand on a fist weapon with:
1000^ DPS
+20^% attack speed
+150^ VIT
+150^ DEX
+900^ life on hit
+1 socket (Radiant Star Amethyst for +600 life on hit)
Im on EU, but I have a 800 dps fist weapon with some stats around that, with high Dex and 2 sockets no life on hit though.
Old 2012-05-28, 22:36   Link #2123
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Im on EU, but I have a 800 dps fist weapon with some stats around that, with high Dex and 2 sockets no life on hit though.
Life on hit is the most important part of that formula though.
It synergies extremely well with high attack speed and mitigation.

Theoretically, you can achieve 3000 per hit with two weapons ((900+600) * 2) and attack 3.00 with addition of couple of rings or amulet and gloves, which is 9k of HP generated per second.

You can even go higher if you have Life on Hit on the rings.

With 80% resist and 70-80% armor, you can easily outheal most attacks in the game by simply hitting the mobs.

Unfortnately a gear with that kind of stats would cost astronomically right now.
Old 2012-05-29, 02:41   Link #2124
Blaat

Quote:
Spoiler:

Farming Inferno Act 1 for gold to gear myself up for Act 2.
Goal of 80% resist isn't hard for monks, but 80% from Armor is hella hard.

I don't really want to be forced to use that ranged attack for the armor boost, but I just may have to.

If I could just get a hand on a fist weapon with:
1000^ DPS
+20^% attack speed
+150^ VIT
+150^ DEX
+900^ life on hit
+1 socket (Radiant Star Amethyst for +600 life on hit)

I'll be good for life!

....I'll take two!
I'll sell my dead grandmother's soul to the Lord of Terror for two.
Good luck paying 10 million for that weapon. ;p My friend found a blue fist weapon weapon 996.4 dps, 26% increased attack speed in the beginning of act 3. Which, btw, is freaking hard, I currently use a dodge build and hope for the best.
Old 2012-05-29, 03:36   Link #2125
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Only 10 million? LOL, I think you're off a digit or two.
Old 2012-05-29, 03:51   Link #2126
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

For barb hell whats the ideal damage at A1? I'm only at 2.6k...which is pathetic and 28k hp
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 04:18   Link #2127
Sides

Just notice are the friendlists different for each server? meaning do I have to add the people corresponding to the server they are playing on?...that is pain
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 04:56   Link #2128
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Just notice are the friendlists different for each server? meaning do I have to add the people corresponding to the server they are playing on?...that is pain
Yeah, friends list and character aren't sync-ed between different servers. I m just sticking to the US server since most of my mates are playing there.

At lvl 59 now Act III Hell mode with my monk. Starting to get the hang off the difficulty now after i started focusing on getting Liife per hit, fire resist converted to resist all with trait and vitality thanks to skane's advice.

Really love the freedom of being able to adjust my skill setup without the hassle of respec/reroll. After seeing Kyero Fox's monk in action, i stole some of his skill setup and my monk playstyle changed quite radically by using Mystic Ally to tank while I stand outside their melee range smacking em with Long Reach and Wave of Light.
Old 2012-05-29, 05:21   Link #2129
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

A question on life per hit: How does it work for area-of-effect and multi-targeting spells? Area of effect would mean something like a Blizzard, Acid Rain, or Rain of Vengeance, etc. whereas multi-targeting spells would be something like Locust Swarm, Firebomb with Flash Fire rune, Entangling Shot with Chain Gang rune, etc. Do all the enemies affected by these count as "a hit" each?

Edit: I'm going to believe that they're not going to count as "separate" hits each, but a man can hope, right?!
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 05:23   Link #2130
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Uniques are currently under-powered.

Blizzard said that they plan to buff them in patch 1.3. As in, two patches down. But the stats of existing uniques will not increase, they will only buff new drops. So all the uniques that exist now will stay as curious collectors items, and not really ideal for Inferno.
I believe they said that you can get lucky and find rares with better stats than uniques. Set items seem better than uniques as well.
Old 2012-05-29, 05:25   Link #2131
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
I believe they said that you can get lucky and find rares with better stats than uniques. Set items seem better than uniques as well.
That's always been true. But they are thinking about giving Uniques, literally some unique abilities. So you might be getting special enchantments you can't get anywhere else, even if over all you can get superior rares.

EDIT: For once I got some spare time in the next two days, and Blizzard hit me with a 8 hour down time. Guess I will go to bed and start playing in the morning.

EDIT2: The forums are filled with people who have no idea what's happening. Blizzard is horrible at telling people when they turn the servers off as the game certainly doesn't tell me anything. I shouldn't have to Google in order to find out why I am not able to play. I guess they just don't care.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-05-29 at 05:42.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 06:57   Link #2132
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
A question on life per hit: How does it work for area-of-effect and multi-targeting spells? Area of effect would mean something like a Blizzard, Acid Rain, or Rain of Vengeance, etc. whereas multi-targeting spells would be something like Locust Swarm, Firebomb with Flash Fire rune, Entangling Shot with Chain Gang rune, etc. Do all the enemies affected by these count as "a hit" each?

Edit: I'm going to believe that they're not going to count as "separate" hits each, but a man can hope, right?!
I don't know how spells work with Life on Hit, but for melee, you do not get full benefit from each hit of an AoE.
I don't know the formula, but benefit is spread across the hits.

Otherwise, high Life on Hit melee would be invincible.

EDIT: Btw, we finally have solo monk inferno clear reports.
That leaves.... just Witch Doctor left? I don't recall seeing a solo inferno clear on WD yet.
Old 2012-05-29, 06:59   Link #2133
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

There is a service status forum. The schedulded maintenance has been announced 3 days ago.

I know blizz has done a lot of crap regarding D3's service and they've become a big bad, soulless company and stuff but maybe we should limit the criticism to things that blizz is actually guilty of, otherwise we'd start sounding like nagging grannies
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 07:08   Link #2134
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
There is a service status forum. The schedulded maintenance has been announced 3 days ago.

I know blizz has done a lot of crap regarding D3's service and they've become a big bad, soulless company and stuff but maybe we should limit the criticism to things that blizz is actually guilty of, otherwise we'd start sounding like nagging grannies
Or official battle.net forum posters, otherwise known as forum trolls.

That place is a cesspool.
Old 2012-05-29, 07:32   Link #2135
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post

I will complain whenever I become unable to play a single player game on my own computer at a time of my own choosing. This is my right to do so for as long as I play this game.
Old 2012-05-29, 07:46   Link #2136
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I will complain whenever I become unable to play a single player game on my own computer at a time of my own choosing. This is my right to do so for as long as I play this game.
You know what, i agree with you. Dying because of lag on single player mode just feels stupid. You don't even have mad 9 year olds to yell at you to make yourself feel better. Not being able to play at all just makes me feel a bit cheated.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 07:49   Link #2137
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Well, I take back a little bit. There are funny posts like these in the official forum as well.

"I am a monk and this is me in Inferno"
Old 2012-05-29, 07:54   Link #2138
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Life on hit is the most important part of that formula though.
It synergies extremely well with high attack speed and mitigation.

Theoretically, you can achieve 3000 per hit with two weapons ((900+600) * 2) and attack 3.00 with addition of couple of rings or amulet and gloves, which is 9k of HP generated per second.

You can even go higher if you have Life on Hit on the rings.

With 80% resist and 70-80% armor, you can easily outheal most attacks in the game by simply hitting the mobs.

Unfortnately a gear with that kind of stats would cost astronomically right now.
I wasn't asking for why life on hit is good I was just saying I have a fist weapon kind of like what you want, which I don't need.
Old 2012-05-29, 10:12   Link #2139
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Does life on hit work on multiple hits ability or AoE ability?
Old 2012-05-29, 10:46   Link #2140
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Blizzard should make better use of their game launcher. The news is so outdated and could have helped if they put the server status on it. Nobody reads the forum and for your sanity sake, you probably shouldn't either

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler