AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-02-22, 11:17   Link #41
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Before whichever nut that decides to suggest drinking lots of water is important, let me point out something called hypoatremia. I have seen someone who tried to be funny and drank 3-4 litres of water in one go before a long walk.....he collapsed due to it then injured his back muscles due to the weight he is carrying.

Don't be stupid and dilute your bloodstream to the extent that it cannot effectively retain the water you consumed, or beyond the ability of your kidney to excrete it. Drink until your lips are wet and a little beyond the point of thirst would be the best gauge, and if you are doing sports, keep a bottle of slightly salted water handy for consumption. Drinking for the future doesn't work that way, water retention, if I remember, only lasts for an hour maximum, or until the next time you pee.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 11:22   Link #42
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Regarding the Vampire thingie, name yourself Bella or something . I kid I kidd ^__^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
do you know if thats a common side-effect of throwing acid on your face?
You drink Lemonade ? you use vinegar as an condiment ?

You need to look up on Acids/Bases . I cant help you with that =/

Acids found in Food Products

http://www.foodadditivesworld.com/food-acids.html
Old 2010-02-22, 11:25   Link #43
Gin
*Artist

I used to drink a lot of lemonade, but I haven´t in a while. I can´t stand vinegar though, if someone puts vinegar on a salad or even potatoe chips, they become inedible to me. Its kind of like garlic is to vampires lol.
Old 2010-02-22, 11:44   Link #44
Irkalla
I asked for this

How about white bodypainting Gin? If you only need it for one day, you can as well do that.

Or you can just ask Michael Jackson how he did it
Old 2010-02-22, 11:54   Link #45
Gin
*Artist

But then if I get drunk and spill my drink, my costume will be ruined. I have to win best costume this year because of how embarrassing it was last year when nobody liked my costume.

About Michael Jackson, could it be that he was an example of too many chemical peels? It would explan why his face looked like it was sort of melting away as the years went by. I´ve seen pictures of him when he was young and he used to have a much bigger nose. Maybe he wanted to dress as a vampire too and so he got a lot of chemical peels, but he needed a huge amount because he was black so all the acid that he threw on his face eventually started melting away the cartiledge in his nose.
Old 2010-02-22, 12:57   Link #46
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
ask Michael Jackson how he did it
I thought he had a melanine extraction...for those interested, melanine is the substance that enables you to tan, the more you have the easier it is (so if you got none, you're KKK-white ). Not sure about the method of extraction and possible health hazards that may occur!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 13:04   Link #47
Gin
*Artist

I´m already white so I don´t think I have any melanine. Also, I thought he had some really rare disease. I don´t think theres a surgery that just sucks all the black out of you. Wouldn´t it just come back when your new skin grows? I was reading a book this one time and it said that your skin cells die and fall off every couple of weeks and all the dust in your house is really dead skin lol. If thats true and if its also true that Michael Jackson got surgery, then wouldn´t he have to keep getting that surgery evry few weeks? That sounds expensive and I don´t know why he would lie about having a disease, that would be messed up to people that actually had that disease.
Old 2010-02-22, 13:23   Link #48
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
But then if I get drunk and spill my drink, my costume will be ruined. I have to win best costume this year because of how embarrassing it was last year when nobody liked my costume.

About Michael Jackson, could it be that he was an example of too many chemical peels? It would explan why his face looked like it was sort of melting away as the years went by. I´ve seen pictures of him when he was young and he used to have a much bigger nose. Maybe he wanted to dress as a vampire too and so he got a lot of chemical peels, but he needed a huge amount because he was black so all the acid that he threw on his face eventually started melting away the cartiledge in his nose.
That won't be a problem Gin, there are ones that stay on even under water. Here is a link. But it is a little on the expensive side, but I guess it's important for you to look great and make people forget about your last year failure. Eitherway, it's more safe and skin friendly than any bleaching.

The nose thinning is duo to rhinoplasty and not peelings, you silly boy. I'm not sure about his pigment though, some say it's duo to vitiligo.
Old 2010-02-22, 14:51   Link #49
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The official explanation to MJ's condition was always given as Vitiligo . Nothing to do with Skin Bleaching

That explains the Glove and the Mask he wore on occasions . As Vitiligo spreads in patches like leprosy ..Initially he used make up to cover up patches. Plus to add to that he was burnt horribly during the shooting of Liberian Girl . Vitiligo is a genetic skin disease so it spreads in everyone differently . Sometimes just may be patches and e extreme cases it affects the hair pigment, turning into Light Copper .

Here are some cases Vitiligo 1, 2, 3, & M.J.

Old 2010-02-23, 08:12   Link #50
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Are you being serious? I have never heard of people shooting lasers into their own eyes. That seems like it would be kind of counter productive. Also, if we have laser guns, then why do most armies still use regular guns? Are laser guns outlawed by the Geneva Convention or something? Sorry for being so off topic here, the thought of lasers just has me really confused right now.
What the ...

Oh well, people already replied, but still I am surprised that you didn't know how some eyes problems can now be treated using laser given the country where you live ^^;
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 08:23   Link #51
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
What the ...

Oh well, people already replied, but still I am surprised that you didn't know how some eyes problems can now be treated using laser given the country where you live ^^;
There is something called affordability. Usually people of a certain level of income wouldn't bother about what is too expensive for them. Either that or the services are not widely advertised, or private entities of such service providers are not widely available.

It is considered cosmetic medicine you know.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-02-23, 08:28   Link #52
psycho_luny
close to insanity
*Author

Send a message via MSN to psycho_luny
i don't get it, why try to make yoursellf pretty. it only make people like you for your appearance not for who you are, all you do is placing yoursellf into the stereotypes of, goodlooking or barbie dolls. and when you start an relationship on appearance it won't end well.
i'm sorry but i had to get that of my chest. so think whatever you want about me, but think about this, i ain't no plastic doll covered with stuff that isn't worth the price you payed for it.
Old 2010-02-23, 08:33   Link #53
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_luny View Post
i don't get it, why try to make yoursellf pretty. it only make people like you for your appearance not for who you are, all you do is placing yoursellf into the stereotypes of, goodlooking or barbie dolls. and when you start an relationship on appearance it won't end well.
i'm sorry but i had to get that of my chest. so think whatever you want about me, but think about this, i ain't no plastic doll covered with stuff that isn't worth the price you payed for it.
Not quite the point of this thread. It's not just about beauty but general health tips as well. Not everyone wants to look pretty just to be seductive either. It's sometimes done for self-satisfaction.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 08:36   Link #54
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
There is something called affordability. Usually people of a certain level of income wouldn't bother about what is too expensive for them. Either that or the services are not widely advertised, or private entities of such service providers are not widely available.

It is considered cosmetic medicine you know.
Being not able to afford something is one thing. Being not aware of it is another.

Here in France, they usually talk a bit about all of that in health TV programs when talkinga bout eyes problems since they talk about all the possibilities people have giving how much money they can spend (and I'll add that outside of the USA, there are countries in which some insurances can help people to get those kind of treatments for the eyes)

And given how they usually talk about the USA as one of the countries that talk about those services a lot, I was just surprised.

Quote:
There are people who want to stay healthy and to take care of their body for themselves while not caring about the other people.

Now you mention plastic doll, but talking about surgery and such is not the goal of this thread. You would know it if you had spent 5 min reading the first two pages.

I am also not sure about what you imply. A person should not care about her/his body because she will be put in the barbie/people-who-want-attention bag. Who's applying a terrible stereotype here?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 08:36   Link #55
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Well PKR or Lasik is considered cosmetic as people do admit looking ugly without glasses, but military personnel DO go for it in order to qualify for vocations such as SpecOps operators, snipers and pilots.

Old 2010-02-23, 08:39   Link #56
psycho_luny
close to insanity
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Not quite the point of this thread. It's not just about beauty but general health tips as well. Not everyone wants to look pretty just to be seductive either. It's sometimes done for self-satisfaction.
well it wasn't made for it but is used for it in some way
and self-satisfaction by buying stuff that's way to expensive, that you put on or spray on and that goes away in a few hours. how can making yoursell look different then what you are be satisfyïng, it sends all the wrong signals.
Old 2010-02-23, 08:42   Link #57
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
and self-satisfaction by buying stuff that's way to expensive, that you put on or spray on and that goes away in a few hours. how can making yoursell look different then what you are be satisfyïng, it sends all the wrong signals.
You ought to maybe read this thread more completely. This thread isn't just about making yourself look nice with makeup. It's about general health tips which will help you look better in the long run. Clearly, you've just posted and made an argument based exclusively on an assumption you made by reading only the title of this thread.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 08:45   Link #58
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Being not able to afford something is one thing. Being not aware of it is another.

Here in France, they usually talk a bit about all of that in health TV programs when talking about eyes problems since they talk about all the possibilities people have giving how much money they can spend (and I'll add that outside of the USA, there are countries in which some insurances can help people to get those kind of treatments)

And given how they usually talk about the USA as one of the countries that talk about those services a lot, I was just surprised.
Note : I mentioned widespreadness of advertising. It depends on the advertiser to bring the message out to people, from a marco level of marketing to the micro.

US does have its urban and rural areas too, where in rural areas, advertising is not as widespread (geography knowledge ) as the product sellers often attack the urban areas to generate greater revenue (Economics), ignoring the untapped potential of rural areas.

Also is the availability of technology within that area, as abovementioned, depends on where the private practitioners market it.

Lastly, some people don't watch TV, like me. Even if they do, certain channels are not available in certain regions, in which the adverts running in certain places are not shown in others.

On a side note, I believe you have read up about how the corporatism is run in the entire of US and how it screwed up the entire free-market system. All of this, is part of it too.

P.S No offense. Don't kill me.

Quote:
There are two kinds of health products, one that is cosmetic (e.g - facial treatment masks), another is eau de naturale (Atkins diet). I believe you only looked on the cosmetic side.

People buy the former because it produces faster results, therefore the market for it is larger than the latter. True to the fact that some people want to look good, but they also want to look and be healthy do due to the fear of death or illness. It is just like the idea of lead powder being used as a face powder, it is used to give a whiter look on the skin and absorb oil produced by the pores, but it resulted in lead poisoning. Or dieuretics being consumed to "burn fat" and "avoid the diseases fat people get".

It is a pity that the number of placebos in the market have increased significantly and consumers lack the scientific knowledge to tell the real from the fake.

Old 2010-02-23, 08:45   Link #59
psycho_luny
close to insanity
*Author

Quote:
There are people who want to stay healthy and to take care of their body for themselves while not caring about the other people.

Now you mention plastic doll, but talking about surgery and such is not the goal of this thread. You would know it if you had spent 5 min reading the first two pages.

I am also not sure about what you imply. A person should not care about her/his body because she will be put in the barbie/people-who-want-attention bag. Who's applying a terrible stereotype here?
still why the hell change your body, its what it is. stop messing with it, you've been put on this world with certain things and those are meant to strengthen you. but what do you do you let some dumbass cut your eyes open with a laser so you won't have to wear glasess or you changed something else.
as in stereotype, yeah i'm applying a stereotype. but i will silence for now for the words i want to use will offend people and i don't wan't another infraction, so have fun spending thousands of dollars on something pointless.
Old 2010-02-23, 08:49   Link #60
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Even if it was just beauty tips, there are many problems of stress and self-esteem that can be solved by looking better...not necessarily to others, but to yourself. Also note that looking good gives people an extra reason to approach you, so it helps with social life as well.
Quote:
have fun spending thousands of dollars on something pointless.
For everyone who is under the impression that glasses are cheap, guess again. Mine cost 998€ so I would much rather have a surgery that costs 2k than have to buy a new pair if I lose the one I got.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, health, style