AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 21 26.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 17.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 35.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-31, 20:49   Link #81
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
Why do he care about Ruka ? Go directly at the Moeka message ! If it was countered, the would no more problems.
It's going in order. If I remember right, Ruka sent a D-mail after Feyris sent hers. I think.

I might need to rewatch the earlier part of the show to be clear on the order.
Old 2011-08-01, 00:03   Link #82
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
It's going in order. If I remember right, Ruka sent a D-mail after Feyris sent hers. I think.

I might need to rewatch the earlier part of the show to be clear on the order.
Wasn't it Okabe x 2, Moeka, Ruka, Feyris, Okabe?
Old 2011-08-01, 02:17   Link #83
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Just finished following up the episodes and can't say which part is real and flashbacks. This is so confusing. I would like some flashbacks from Suzuha's 75's life though... She had its main role in the series and I think she deserves it.

Though I wonder if others can regain there memories back like Rumiho did or it might be that Rumiho had the same ability as Okabe remembering the steins (I think I heard that) Anyways, I really enjoyed it. There where good plot development and it's starting to make sense.

Um after having seen the preview, you don't mean Rukako's going to be a guy again So he could ask Okabe to date her (him) before he undos the message.

Edit: Just a question... What was the D-Mail Okabe sent to change Suzaha's death? I just can't seem to remember.
Old 2011-08-01, 02:30   Link #84
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post

Edit: Just a question... What was the D-Mail Okabe sent to change Suzaha's death? I just can't seem to remember.
Okabe sent a D-mail to cancel the D-mail that told him to look for Suzuha during that rainy night. The message was only shown visibly for a second, but it was something along the lines of "That last D-mail is a trap from SERN! Don't look for Suzuha!" or something like that.
Old 2011-08-01, 07:04   Link #85
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
Episode 18 preview. Looks like Okabe and Rukako go on a date

"Er... Hello, girl who was once a guy in another world line. This isn't awkward at all."

Should be a fun episode after all the drama =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Wasn't it Okabe x 2, Moeka, Ruka, Feyris, Okabe?
It's...
  1. Okabe letting Daru know Kurisu was dead.
  2. Lottery ticket.
  3. Moeka changing her phone.
  4. Ruka about eating more vegies to be born a girl.
  5. Feyris pretending to be kidnapped to save her dad.
  6. Okabe stopping Suzuha leaving.
  7. Okabe sends one back to stop himself stopping Suzuha leaving before the storm.
  8. Feyris sends one back to say the kidnapping is a prank.
I think that's about right.
Old 2011-08-01, 10:46   Link #86
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post
It's...
  1. Okabe letting Daru know Kurisu was dead.
  2. Lottery ticket.
  3. Moeka changing her phone.
  4. Ruka about eating more vegies to be born a girl.
  5. Feyris pretending to be kidnapped to save her dad.
  6. Okabe stopping Suzuha leaving.
  7. Okabe sends one back to stop himself stopping Suzuha leaving before the storm.
  8. Feyris sends one back to say the kidnapping is a prank.
I think that's about right.
Um... Now that you mention it, I got no clue why did Okabe see Kurisu dead at the very beginning. This is odd. You don't mean Kurisu escaped death too by Okabe D-Mailing
Old 2011-08-01, 12:18   Link #87
Tenza-Zangetsu

cant wait to see Kurisu's reaction to Feyris saying that she and Okabe were lovers in another world line
Old 2011-08-01, 17:16   Link #88
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Took me a while to catch up, but I finally got to watch the latest ep.

Pretty depressing episode tbh. I'd be in quite a pickle if I were in Rumiho's shoes(or maybe cat ear's fit better). While I was still a bit skeptical about her choice, in the end I respected her decision. I personally would've went with this course, although with much difficulty, than the other alternative one in the VN. The whole "everything should be back to the way it was" scenario always did appeal to me anyway.

Overall 8/10 for me.

Next ep looks like it'll be pretty hilarious looking at that preview lol
Old 2011-08-02, 00:51   Link #89
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
Um... Now that you mention it, I got no clue why did Okabe see Kurisu dead at the very beginning. This is odd. You don't mean Kurisu escaped death too by Okabe D-Mailing
Well, people have been speculating that for a while. Lets hope it's not true since that would mean Okabe will be torn between saving Mayuri or Kurisu when it's time to cancel the last D-mail.

So guys, would you save your mum or girlfriend first? =P
Old 2011-08-02, 02:38   Link #90
cereal_killerxx

This has turned into a very awesome anime! ^.^ I just hope it continues with this pace until the end. Kinda makes me wanna read the visual novel.
Old 2011-08-04, 16:49   Link #91
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post

So guys, would you save your mum or girlfriend first? =P
Mother, of course. You have only one mother and can always find another gf.
Old 2015-01-18, 16:19   Link #92
jistman

I just watched this episode, and yes I realise the last reply to this thread was 5 years ago. But I felt like I had to tell someone about this and my friends don't watch Steins Gate.

Why didn't they just send another D-mail to lower the ransom? This way they don't have to sell the IBN to pay the ransom, and the turn of events that led up to the current day would barely differ. The only thing that would be different is that SERN would never have bought it from Feyris's dad. I spot a plothole.

This might have been discussed already but I did not view the posts with spoilers since I am still watching the anime.
Old 2015-01-18, 16:31   Link #93
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jistman View Post
I just watched this episode, and yes I realise the last reply to this thread was 5 years ago. But I felt like I had to tell someone about this and my friends don't watch Steins Gate.

Why didn't they just send another D-mail to lower the ransom? This way they don't have to sell the IBN to pay the ransom, and the turn of events that led up to the current day would barely differ. The only thing that would be different is that SERN would never have bought it from Feyris's dad. I spot a plothole.

This might have been discussed already but I did not view the posts with spoilers since I am still watching the anime.
Play the game, there is English PC version and soon English PS3 and Vita version.
(he test D-mail a lot more in game version not to mention every girl have her own ending)
Closed Thread